Giuliana & Bill Rancic’s 1940s Charmer Hits the Market

The Style Network’s reality show “Giuliana & Bill” followed the newlyweds through their various moves over the years, including their most recent one to a charming white house they’ve been leasing in Brentwood. I was totally smitten with it on their show and searched for photos of it online to no avail.

So imagine my excitement when I heard that they’re building a new house and this one is on the market. You know what that means–we get to peek inside!

The listing says this “recently updated, designer done, 3 bedroom, 3 bath Brentwood traditional home is located on a private cul-de-sac shared by only one other home.”

After I saw the front of the house, and then the staircase, I was sold.

“Chef’s kitchen with top of line appliances, marble counter tops, farmhouse sink, & breakfast nook:”

My husband just walked by and said, “There’s a lot of WHITE in that house.” It could definitely be warmed up a bit!

The bedroom has a brick fireplace that you can’t see in that photo.

Love this covered porch along the back of the house that overlooks the “sparkling saline pool and wonderful canyon and hillside views:”

The couple has been through a lot over the last few years, and it has all played out on their show, from struggling with infertility to fighting breast cancer. They’re now expecting a baby boy via a surrogate.

Asking price is $2.395 million. For more photos and information, check the listing by Hugh Evans of Partners Trust Brentwood and the article on Zillow. Can’t wait to see the new house they’re building.

Julia signature 6

Celine Dion's private island estate Montreal
Celine Dion is one of those superstars who does everything up big, from her wedding to her ballads. Remember her $20 million "waterpark house" in…
Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin new house LA 18
Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin own multiple beautiful properties, including a Hamptons estate and a pristine Tribeca penthouse. Now they've snapped up Veranda's chic "House…

Comments

i have only caught the show
    a few times
    but they seem like a solid couple

and i’ve thought that
    their home is adorable

i actually like all the white
    and the front and back yards
    are lovely

thanks for sharing!

alison

2. Mrs. D. says

Although I like white, I agree with your husband about there being too much white. I wish them much happiness in this next chapter of their lives.

3. Neal Dodson says

Julia,
    I love all the white!!! Will try and find the Chicago home you were talking about!
    Keep up the amazing work you do!
    Neal

I really like Giuliana and Bill, even though I don’t typically like reality shows! I agree, her decorating is not my taste, but the house is wonderful – when I was little, my family lived in Brentwood for a few years and our house was a lot like this one!

• Neal Dodson says

You’re welcome Julia!
        Wish I had the guts to quit my job (which I love) and blog about homes and decorating full time!
        Will be starting a blog about our upcoming gut remodel of our 1929 Craftsman in Little Rock starting in August. Hoping I can have a HOH link on it as well! ????

5. Mary says

I love how a celebrity couple chose to live in a reasonable, not oversized house.
    I don’t see why so many celebrities live in in these mega mansions that don’t even look attractive!

• cbean says

You hit the nail on the head!
      This actually looks like a home. The entry area and porch are lovely with all the flowers and brick work, and what’s not to like about the porch? Just a few touches of butter yellows and Mediterranian blues would do it for me.

I recent saw Giuliana give a speach at a women’s expo. What a SUPER sweet person!! She was so personable. You felt like you could just go up and ask her to lunch…don’t worry, I didn’t! HA!

The house does look cold in the pictures, but I NEVER think that when I watch the show. Maybe they just should have staged the photos better because I usually don’t like all white, but when I was watching the show this weekend I remember thinking that the home look cozy.

• says

I agree, Missy. I never think it looks too cold or white on the show.

Next time ask Giuliana to lunch and then tell us all about it! Ha. :-)

Love their home since I first saw it on the show. Although I like the clean uncluttered look of some white, I’d add a little more color, especially to the walls. Maybe a light sand or something, along with more brights or aquas. When you look at the kitchen, it feels like a psychiatric institution. Eeek. Too much perfection going on there for me.
    😉

8. Mayra says

It is a cute house and not the typical over the top Hollywood mansions. The couple has been through a lot. I wish them health and happiness. How exciting welcoming a first child! Soon they will realize having a baby is a 24/7 job, leaving no time to continue the constant career traveling.

9. Laura says

Very nice house and pool. I would put some more color in there, too. What is with all of the white walls I’m seeing everywhere lately? It’s in all of the magazines too. I definitely prefer some color.

Not just because it’s Giuliana & Bill’s house.. but I really love everything about it! I love all the white, love the layout! I’d LOVE to buy it=)

Love this house, even if the decorating isn’t entirely my style. I do however like the kitchen table and chairs! Love watching this program, they seem like a good couple, and I’m so happy that they will soon have a baby to love.

Julia,
    I love it. These are the kind of inspirational photos I need to help me design and renovate my own charming and out dated cape. The outside can be charming and cute while the inside is updated and has modern touches. I know with my husband’s taste I could never get away with too many modern touches!

Thanks for sharing,
    Laura

13. Elizabeth says

I feel like the furnishings are too much of a contrast to the house. I immediately noticed the entry level table. It looks so out of place. Also, that comforter looks like it’s on the wrong way. It’s way too long. It’s driving me batty!

I love watching this show and this couple. We struggled with infertility too, so I think they had me hooked. So happy for them with a baby on the way! And the house is gorgeous – and although it’s way bigger and nicer than mine, I can’t quite get past the 2.4 million price tag :)

I searched ALL over online when I first saw this house on their show to get more details! Thanks for sharing!!

love the outside and the entry. doesn’t look like a typical cali home. looks midwestern. love that . miss their show. can’t get it here. they were entertaining.

17. Christina from Dallas says

What a nice normal house for once for a celebrity. Big enough but not too big. Good for them.

What a cute little house! I love the exterior more than the interior, especially the bay window. The interior is nice, but like you said, could use some warming up to match the outside. More cottagey and less modern.

Now that’s my kind of house — completely charming on the outside and a healthy dose of fresh, clean white on the inside. We move into our dream home on Friday and, as you can see in my house blog, we’ll be surrounded by white walls and woodwork and — believe me — coming from a house swallowed by oak, I’m ready for a clean slate. Thanks for sharing this beauty!

20. Laura - St Louis says

I can’t buy this house…..the driveway is cracked ! That’s a deal-breaker for me. hahaha

21. Julie B. [Holland] says

I really liked this house , I would change a few small things ( colors) but the house on a whole is so “right”. I hope they find something wonderful back in Chicago. I liked their very first house Bill “redid” too. That last house was a big one! Wish them a very happy life! Thanks Julia :)

22. HollyM says

Perfectly charming, with, it seems, a lot of the original features like built in bookcases in the master bedroom. If they were recemtly designed to fit the space, then someone did a great job.

It could use some ‘decor’ that doesn’t look staged, for sure. And a big fat no to the dark blue dining room. But those are simple fixes.

It looks like something out of a 1940s movie – – and I love it!

23. Alicia Sullivan says

Yes, I can see why they need to build a new home. Just not enough room for two adults and a baby in this place. LOL

• says

Yes, in case you missed it in my post (I know some people just look at the photos–come on, be honest, guys! Ha), this is the house they’ve been leasing.

24. Andrea says

What a lovely home although I have to agree that I was hoping to see a bit more traditional decorating in it…the bright pops of color in some rooms threw me…….

I LOVE the townhouse that they remodeled in Chicago…….I would love to see pics of it!

25. Screendoorgirl 3 says

Why are they leaving this house? Dear God, WHY???? It’s so perfect.I don’t get it.

26. Mary says

Beautiful home. I love the dark floors contrasting with the white. I can only imagine their next home. Their Chicago home they sold was also beautiful. I am happy to hear they will soon be parents and perhaps this is why they are moving.

27. Richard says

Did they mention what street this was on? A cul de sac in Brentwood sounds like one of the Helena Streets. There are 18 of them and the houses aren’t big but every one of them is an architectural gem. Great neighborhood. Marilyn Monroe was renting a house in one of the Helenas when she died in 1962.

28. Deb in Oz says

I love this house! I could see myself easily living in it, but would have to change a lot of the decor.

Julia, I have admired this house from the show…It is such a “charmer” inside and out! I cannot wait to see what they are building…Hope you can track down that house from the first season.!!

30. Irene says

I saw Bill Rancic in today in Chicago. He is even better looking
    than this house!!!

31. Wendy says

Sweet house. Loved the kitchen, though I’d change the knobs first thing. That back porch has me swooning.

Very cute house. I agree with your hubby, it could stand a bit of warming up, but that is so easily done.

Susan and Bentley

• Molly says

I just walked passed their new one on the same street yesterday. Scaffolding is covering the entire facade. Can’t wait to see what they do with it!