Giuliana & Bill Rancic’s 1940s Charmer Hits the Market

by hookedonhouses on June 26, 2012

The Style Network reality show Giuliana & Bill has followed the newlyweds through their various moves over the years, including their most recent one to a charming white house they’ve been leasing in Brentwood. I was totally smitten with it on their show and searched for photos of it online to no avail.

So imagine my excitement when I heard that they’re building a new house and this one is on the market. You know what that means–we get to peek inside! Take a look:

The listing says this “recently updated, designer done, 3 bedroom, 3 bath Brentwood traditional home is located on a private cul-de-sac shared by only one other home.”

After I saw the front of the house, and then the staircase, I was sold.

“Chef’s kitchen with top of line appliances, marble counter tops, farmhouse sink, & breakfast nook:”

My husband just walked by and said, “There’s a lot of WHITE in that house.” It could definitely be warmed up a bit!

The bedroom has a brick fireplace that you can’t see in that photo.

Love this covered porch along the back of the house that overlooks the “sparkling saline pool and wonderful canyon and hillside views:”

The couple has been through a lot over the last few years, and it has all played out on their show, from struggling with infertility to fighting breast cancer. They’re now expecting a baby boy via a surrogate.

This has to be one of my favorite Celebrity Houses, even though the decorating isn’t really my style. Can’t wait to see the new one they’re building! Now if I could just track down photos of that fabulous house they renovated during the first season of their show in Chicago…

Asking price is $2.395 million. For more photos and information, check the listing by Hugh Evans of Partners Trust Brentwood and the article on Zillow.

Check Out My Celebrity Houses Page For More!

Stuff and Nonsense June 26, 2012 at 7:45 am

i have only caught the show
a few times
but they seem like a solid couple

and i’ve thought that
their home is adorable

i actually like all the white
and the front and back yards
are lovely

thanks for sharing!

alison

Mrs. D. June 26, 2012 at 8:00 am

Although I like white, I agree with your husband about there being too much white. I wish them much happiness in this next chapter of their lives.

Neal Dodson June 26, 2012 at 8:06 am

Julia,
I love all the white!!! Will try and find the Chicago home you were talking about!
Keep up the amazing work you do!
Neal

Lacquered Life June 26, 2012 at 8:06 am

I really like Giuliana and Bill, even though I don’t typically like reality shows! I agree, her decorating is not my taste, but the house is wonderful – when I was little, my family lived in Brentwood for a few years and our house was a lot like this one!

Neal Dodson June 26, 2012 at 8:13 am

Julia,
Is this the home in Chicago (Hinsdale) you were talking about?
Neal

hookedonhouses June 26, 2012 at 8:31 am

Yes, I think that’s it! Thanks, Neal!

Neal Dodson June 26, 2012 at 8:42 am

You’re welcome Julia!
Wish I had the guts to quit my job (which I love) and blog about homes and decorating full time!
Will be starting a blog about our upcoming gut remodel of our 1929 Craftsman in Little Rock starting in August. Hoping I can have a HOH link on it as well! ????

Mary June 26, 2012 at 8:16 am

I love how a celebrity couple chose to live in a reasonable, not oversized house.
I don’t see why so many celebrities live in in these mega mansions that don’t even look attractive!

cbean June 26, 2012 at 5:20 pm

You hit the nail on the head!
This actually looks like a home. The entry area and porch are lovely with all the flowers and brick work, and what’s not to like about the porch? Just a few touches of butter yellows and Mediterranian blues would do it for me.

missy June 26, 2012 at 8:29 am

I recent saw Giuliana give a speach at a women’s expo. What a SUPER sweet person!! She was so personable. You felt like you could just go up and ask her to lunch…don’t worry, I didn’t! HA!

The house does look cold in the pictures, but I NEVER think that when I watch the show. Maybe they just should have staged the photos better because I usually don’t like all white, but when I was watching the show this weekend I remember thinking that the home look cozy.

hookedonhouses June 26, 2012 at 8:36 am

I agree, Missy. I never think it looks too cold or white on the show.

Next time ask Giuliana to lunch and then tell us all about it! Ha. :-)

Marcia June 26, 2012 at 8:36 am

Love their home since I first saw it on the show. Although I like the clean uncluttered look of some white, I’d add a little more color, especially to the walls. Maybe a light sand or something, along with more brights or aquas. When you look at the kitchen, it feels like a psychiatric institution. Eeek. Too much perfection going on there for me.
;)

Sarah @ housecrazy June 26, 2012 at 8:39 am

I’ve never watched the show but I’ve always liked Guiliana. Cute house!

Mayra June 26, 2012 at 8:42 am

It is a cute house and not the typical over the top Hollywood mansions. The couple has been through a lot. I wish them health and happiness. How exciting welcoming a first child! Soon they will realize having a baby is a 24/7 job, leaving no time to continue the constant career traveling.

Laura June 26, 2012 at 8:56 am

Very nice house and pool. I would put some more color in there, too. What is with all of the white walls I’m seeing everywhere lately? It’s in all of the magazines too. I definitely prefer some color.

Abi June 26, 2012 at 8:57 am

Not just because it’s Giuliana & Bill’s house.. but I really love everything about it! I love all the white, love the layout! I’d LOVE to buy it=)

Linda @ MyCraftyHomeLife June 26, 2012 at 8:59 am

Yes, I agree this was one of my favorites as well!! How much is it?

Linda @ MyCraftyHomeLife June 26, 2012 at 9:00 am

Just looked….2.4 mil!

hookedonhouses June 26, 2012 at 9:05 am

Oh, yes. Can’t believe I forgot to mention that! Just added it to the post. Thanks, Linda.

julia sheets June 26, 2012 at 9:18 am

LOVE this House!! and G!!:)

Pat June 26, 2012 at 9:19 am

Love this house, even if the decorating isn’t entirely my style. I do however like the kitchen table and chairs! Love watching this program, they seem like a good couple, and I’m so happy that they will soon have a baby to love.

Laura @ Cookiecrumbs and Sawdust.blogspot.com June 26, 2012 at 9:58 am

Julia,
I love it. These are the kind of inspirational photos I need to help me design and renovate my own charming and out dated cape. The outside can be charming and cute while the inside is updated and has modern touches. I know with my husband’s taste I could never get away with too many modern touches!

Thanks for sharing,
Laura

Elizabeth June 26, 2012 at 10:00 am

I feel like the furnishings are too much of a contrast to the house. I immediately noticed the entry level table. It looks so out of place. Also, that comforter looks like it’s on the wrong way. It’s way too long. It’s driving me batty!

Casey June 26, 2012 at 10:03 am

I love watching this show and this couple. We struggled with infertility too, so I think they had me hooked. So happy for them with a baby on the way! And the house is gorgeous – and although it’s way bigger and nicer than mine, I can’t quite get past the 2.4 million price tag :)

Cindy June 26, 2012 at 10:06 am

I searched ALL over online when I first saw this house on their show to get more details! Thanks for sharing!!

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints June 26, 2012 at 10:19 am

love the outside and the entry. doesn’t look like a typical cali home. looks midwestern. love that . miss their show. can’t get it here. they were entertaining.

Andrea Worley June 26, 2012 at 11:44 am

this is one of my fave celeb homes. i’ve loved watching them move into this home, it’s just so adorable! :)

Kelly Berg June 26, 2012 at 11:51 am

Lovely home! I’d live there!

Christina from Dallas June 26, 2012 at 1:41 pm

What a nice normal house for once for a celebrity. Big enough but not too big. Good for them.

Jane June 26, 2012 at 2:25 pm

What a cute little house! I love the exterior more than the interior, especially the bay window. The interior is nice, but like you said, could use some warming up to match the outside. More cottagey and less modern.

Kim June 26, 2012 at 2:29 pm

What a beautiful house! I love how it’s not too big.

Sheila June 26, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Now that’s my kind of house — completely charming on the outside and a healthy dose of fresh, clean white on the inside. We move into our dream home on Friday and, as you can see in my house blog, we’ll be surrounded by white walls and woodwork and — believe me — coming from a house swallowed by oak, I’m ready for a clean slate. Thanks for sharing this beauty!

Laura - St Louis June 26, 2012 at 5:41 pm

I can’t buy this house…..the driveway is cracked ! That’s a deal-breaker for me. hahaha

Julie B. [Holland] June 26, 2012 at 5:42 pm

I really liked this house , I would change a few small things ( colors) but the house on a whole is so “right”. I hope they find something wonderful back in Chicago. I liked their very first house Bill “redid” too. That last house was a big one! Wish them a very happy life! Thanks Julia :)

HollyM June 26, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Perfectly charming, with, it seems, a lot of the original features like built in bookcases in the master bedroom. If they were recemtly designed to fit the space, then someone did a great job.

It could use some ‘decor’ that doesn’t look staged, for sure. And a big fat no to the dark blue dining room. But those are simple fixes.

It looks like something out of a 1940s movie – - and I love it!

Alicia Sullivan June 26, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Yes, I can see why they need to build a new home. Just not enough room for two adults and a baby in this place. LOL

Rebecca June 26, 2012 at 7:18 pm

I adore this quaint house and was so excited to see more photos of it when I first heard it was up for sale – and the thrill is still there, but apparently G&B never owned this home. They rented and it’s now being sold by the actual owner: http://realestalker.blogspot.com/2012/06/rancics-la-rental-goes-up-for-sale.html

hookedonhouses June 27, 2012 at 8:08 am

Yes, in case you missed it in my post (I know some people just look at the photos–come on, be honest, guys! Ha), this is the house they’ve been leasing.

Andrea June 26, 2012 at 7:24 pm

What a lovely home although I have to agree that I was hoping to see a bit more traditional decorating in it…the bright pops of color in some rooms threw me…….

I LOVE the townhouse that they remodeled in Chicago…….I would love to see pics of it!

Jenny June 26, 2012 at 7:50 pm

The house is adorable, but I don’t like the decor at all.

Screendoorgirl 3 June 26, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Why are they leaving this house? Dear God, WHY???? It’s so perfect.I don’t get it.

Mary June 26, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Beautiful home. I love the dark floors contrasting with the white. I can only imagine their next home. Their Chicago home they sold was also beautiful. I am happy to hear they will soon be parents and perhaps this is why they are moving.

Richard June 27, 2012 at 3:11 am

Did they mention what street this was on? A cul de sac in Brentwood sounds like one of the Helena Streets. There are 18 of them and the houses aren’t big but every one of them is an architectural gem. Great neighborhood. Marilyn Monroe was renting a house in one of the Helenas when she died in 1962.

hookedonhouses June 27, 2012 at 8:15 am

You’re right, Richard, it’s 12324 25th Helena Drive. But the listing has just been removed. Not sure why. It had only been on the market for 2 weeks and they were getting a ton of great publicity for it. Realtor.com still has it up if you missed the rest of the photos:

Deb in Oz June 27, 2012 at 4:50 am

I love this house! I could see myself easily living in it, but would have to change a lot of the decor.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs June 27, 2012 at 6:42 am

Julia, I have admired this house from the show…It is such a “charmer” inside and out! I cannot wait to see what they are building…Hope you can track down that house from the first season.!!

theSavvySeeker June 27, 2012 at 9:25 am

Excited to see what they move in to…thanks for sharing the photos. Cute couple and cute house!

Irene June 27, 2012 at 10:10 pm

I saw Bill Rancic in today in Chicago. He is even better looking
than this house!!!

Wendy July 1, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Sweet house. Loved the kitchen, though I’d change the knobs first thing. That back porch has me swooning.

Susan January 21, 2013 at 3:08 pm

Very cute house. I agree with your hubby, it could stand a bit of warming up, but that is so easily done.

Susan and Bentley

Molly July 18, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Here is the house they did in the first season. The new people don’t have it decorated as nicely. I live in Chicago, so I was obsessed with finding the house!

hookedonhouses July 18, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Oh, wow! I loved that house. Thanks for the link, Molly!

Molly July 18, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I just walked passed their new one on the same street yesterday. Scaffolding is covering the entire facade. Can’t wait to see what they do with it!

{ 3 trackbacks }