Welcome to Hooked on Houses!
- fantasize about rescuing neglected old houses,
- think about the kind of place you’d build or buy if you won the lottery,
- watch certain movies over and over again because of the sets,
- or search the real estate listings just for fun, then you belong here with us! 🙂
About Julia Sweeten
I was working in publishing as a writer and editor at the time, so this began as a fun thing to do on the weekends. I hoped to find kindred spirits who’d get as excited as I did over a pretty cottage or a swoon-worthy farmhouse.
This site took off, though, and grew so big, so fast, it became my full-time focus in 2010.
In 2012 I published the now-infamous post explaining how House Hunters really works, and I still hear from fans who are angry I “ruined it” for them. (Sorry, guys! Don’t shoot the messenger!)
After more than a decade of blogging and over 80 million visitors, I know a lot of you are hooked on houses, too. It’s great to have you here! 🙂
We built our sunroom in 2010 and it’s my favorite spot in the house.
I hate to brag, but Hooked on Houses has been featured by places like:
- HGTV Magazine
- Real Simple Magazine
- Huffington Post
- Entertainment Weekly
- Country Living
- House Beautiful
- The Today Show
- Good Morning America
- Are you hooked on houses? Take this quiz to find out.
- Looking for your favorite TV or Movie House? Check Houses Onscreen.
- Trying to leave a comment? Sorry, but they’re currently closed.
- I include all of the source info I have about houses on my blog. If I didn’t mention a paint color, floor plan, etc., then I don’t have it.
- Some posts include Amazon affiliate links (more details below).
- To search for something on my blog, click the magnifying glass icon in the top right corner.
- Got a house or listing you think my readers would like? Let me know!
- There is no charge for featuring a listing. I just like to highlight houses I think deserve more attention.
Sign up to get my newsletter:
- It’s totally free.
- You’ll get an email when I have new blog posts to share.
- You can unsubscribe any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each newsletter.
Keep in touch:
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you’ll make yourself at home! 🙂
Hooked on Houses LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Some posts may include affiliate links that may earn me commission but won’t change the price.
Painting of my childhood home by Fifi Flowers.