Well, hello! I’m Julia Sweeten, and I’m hooked on houses.
I started this site in 2008 because I was pretty much obsessed with movie houses, celebrity houses, and HGTV. I spent hours searching real estate listings (favorite finds: cottages, farmhouses, and anything with Craftsman style), and I was hoping to find a few kindred spirits to share them with.
After more than 10 years and over 100 million page views (what?!), I’ve learned a lot of you are hooked, too!
I hate to brag, but Hooked on Houses has been featured by places like:
- HGTV Magazine
- Real Simple Magazine
- Huffington Post
- Entertainment Weekly
- Country Living
- House Beautiful
- The Today Show
- Good Morning America
My husband Dave and I have two kids, Jake and Lily, and a stray cat who decided to live with us named Cress. (Some of you may remember our pup Maizie, who sadly died last year.) We live in a friendly small town in the Midwest.
I’m not a real estate agent or designer. Before blogging, I worked as a writer and editor for various magazines and book publishers. This site started as a hobby that grew so big, so fast, it became my full-time focus in 2010.
I love animals and volunteer for a local animal shelter. I also donate a percentage of the money I earn from this site to favorite animal-rescue organizations. So when you visit my blog, you’re helping them, too!
- Are you hooked on houses? Take this quiz to find out.
- Looking for your favorite TV or Movie House? Check Houses Onscreen.
- Trying to leave a comment? If there isn’t a comment box at the end of a post, that means they’re closed.
- I include all of the source info I have about houses on my blog. If I didn’t mention a paint color, floor plan, etc., then I don’t have it.
- Some posts may include affiliate links.
- To search for something on my blog, click the magnifying glass icon in the top right corner.
- Got a house or listing you think my readers would like? Let me know!
Have you subscribed to my newsletter?
- It’s free. No strings attached.
- You’ll get an email when I have two or more new blog posts to share.
- You can unsubscribe any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each newsletter.
- I have a private blog for subscribers only. I don’t update it as often as I used to, but when I do, the link to the new post will be included in the email.
- Nearly 20,000 readers have subscribed. Click here to join them!
Keep in touch:
Thanks for visiting. I hope you’ll make yourself at home! 🙂
Painting of my childhood home by Fifi Flowers.