Welcome to Hooked on Houses!
Are you a lookie-loo who loves houses, too? If you…
- fantasize about rescuing neglected old houses,
- think about the kind of place you’d build or buy if you won the lottery,
- watch certain movies over and over again because of the sets,
- or search the real estate listings just for fun, then you belong here with us! 🙂
At the time I had a day job as a writer and editor, so this began as my weekend hobby. I was hoping to find some kindred spirits who’d get as excited as I did over a pretty cottage or a swoon-worthy farmhouse.
The site grew so big, so fast, it became my full-time focus in 2010. In 2012 I published the now infamous post explaining how House Hunters really works, and I still hear from fans who are angry I “ruined it” for them. (Sorry, guys! Don’t shoot the messenger!)
Now, after more than a decade of blogging and over 50 million visitors, I know plenty of you are hooked on houses, too. Welcome to our club!
We built our sunroom in 2010 and it’s my favorite spot in the house.
I’m an INFJ who would be blogging about personality types if houses didn’t take up most of my time. I’m that annoying person who will always ask you if you know yours, ha.
I’ve got an English degree, mainly because I wanted to read books for four years in college, and I went into publishing after graduation. I’m surrounded by stacks of books at all times, and I spend way too much time collecting more of them from libraries and bookstores.
I’m not a designer or real estate agent, as a lot of people seem to assume. I just really like looking at houses and researching them. And decorating my own home, of course, where I drive my husband nuts changing things around all the time. 😉
I’m married to Dave, my college sweetheart. We live in a friendly small town in Ohio and love it here. We have two great kids, Jake and Lily, and a very curious cat named Cress who likes to sit on my desk and bat at my screen while I type things like this.
I hate to brag, but Hooked on Houses has been featured by places like:
- HGTV Magazine
- Real Simple Magazine
- Huffington Post
- Entertainment Weekly
- Country Living
- House Beautiful
- The Today Show
- Good Morning America
- Are you hooked on houses? Take this quiz to find out.
- Looking for your favorite TV or Movie House? Check Houses Onscreen.
- Trying to leave a comment? Sorry, but they’re currently closed.
- I include all of the source info I have about houses on my blog. If I didn’t mention a paint color, floor plan, etc., then I don’t have it.
- Some posts include Amazon affiliate links (more details below).
- To search for something on my blog, click the magnifying glass icon in the top right corner.
- Got a house or listing you think my readers would like? Let me know!
- There is no charge for featuring a listing. I just like to highlight houses I think deserve more attention.
Sign up to get my newsletter:
- It’s totally free.
- You’ll get an email when I have new blog posts to share.
- You can unsubscribe any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each newsletter.
Keep in touch:
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you’ll make yourself right at home! 🙂
Hooked on Houses LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Painting of my childhood home by Fifi Flowers.