Well, hello! I’m Julia Sweeten, and I’m hooked on houses.
I started blogging about my favorite houses in 2008 because no one I knew was as obsessed with tracking down information about movie houses, celebrity houses, or adorable cottages for sale as I was, and I was hoping to find some kindred spirits. After over 100 million page views (what?!), I’ve learned that a lot of you are as hooked as I am! 🙂
I hate to brag, but Hooked on Houses has been featured on/mentioned by places like:
- HGTV Magazine
- Real Simple Magazine
- Huffington Post
- Entertainment Weekly
- Country Living
- House Beautiful
- The Today Show
- Good Morning America
I live in a friendly small town in Ohio with my husband Dave. We have two kids, Jake and Lily, and a stray cat who decided to live with us named Cress.
A lot of people ask if I’m a real estate agent. Nope! I’m not selling anything — just sharing houses I find beautiful, unique, or interesting in some way.
Before blogging, I worked as a writer and editor for various magazines and book publishers. This site started as a fun weekend hobby but grew so big, so fast, that it became my full-time focus in 2010.
I love animals and volunteer for a local animal shelter. I also donate a percentage of the money I earn from this site to favorite animal-rescue organizations. So when you visit my blog, you’re helping them, too!
- Are you hooked on houses? Take this quiz to find out.
- You’ll find the link to my “Secret Blog” in my newsletter.
- Looking for your favorite TV or Movie House? Check Houses Onscreen.
- Trying to leave a comment? If there isn’t a comment box at the end of a post, that means they’re closed. When they’re open, I moderate them, and they’ll appear after I’ve approved them.
- New to HoH? See my Popular Posts.
- Some posts may include affiliate links.
- Got a house or listing you think my readers would like? Let me know!
Keep in touch:
Thanks for visiting. I hope you’ll make yourself at home! 🙂
Painting of my childhood home by Fifi Flowers.