1. “Hooked on Houses” is a legally trademarked name.
2. I always strive to give credit for photo images that I use and link to the original source. If you find that one is attributed in error or if I have used one of yours and you want it removed, let me know.
3. This site uses third-party advertising companies to serve ads. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
4. This is a personal blog written and edited by Julia Sweeten. It accepts advertising and other forms of compensation. I rarely run sponsored posts or use affiliate links, but when I do, I state so clearly. I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
5. Hooked on Houses is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
6. Re: GDPR Compliance, the privacy of my visitors is important to me. I never sell or share your personal information with anyone else. When you leave a comment and include your e-mail address or sign up for my weekly newsletter, it is never seen by anyone but me.
7. When visiting this site, your personal data may be collected. In some cases we need to collect and store personal data in order to provide services or information that you request from us (ex: newsletters). We collect information regarding your website behavior, communication, and interaction with this site. This information may be connected to existing personal data that has been stored for a specified and defined purpose.
8. We obtain personal data when you visit our site and accept cookies; submit a contact form; send an email; or sign up for newsletters. I never add anyone to my mailing list unless they have requested I do so by filling out one of my subscription forms. It is never sold or shared with anyone else.
9. This site uses tracking and scripts from third parties that collect information about how visitors use it. This way we can see where our web traffic is coming from and which pages are getting the most views. We use this information to further improve and develop the content of our website and our digital advertising.
Full Advertising Privacy Statement
This Site is affiliated with AdThrive, LLC (“AdThrive”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site. AdThrive uses standard and widely-available tools for the placement and serving of ads, including those provided by Google, Inc. and its affiliates. We publish interest-based advertisements on the Site; that is, ads that are tailored to reflect your interests. To help understand your interests, AdThrive, Google and our other advertising partners will track your behavior on our website and on other websites across the Internet using cookies.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
For European Economic Area Residents
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), then under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws you have the rights, among other things, to access your personal data, have us erase it, and/or restrict its further processing. If you wish to access or delete your personal data (if any) maintained by us or AdThrive related to advertising on the Site, you can contact me or AdThrive at email@example.com. If you wish to see a list of the advertising partners we work with or change which of those partners track your behavior using cookies, click the ad preferences icon. (Available in the EU.)
For California Residents
California law gives residents the right to opt out of the “sale” of their personal information to third parties, including for advertising purposes. Under California law, the sharing of your information with a service provider for advertising purposes could be considered a “sale.” To opt out of the sharing of your information for advertising information, click the opt-out link provided in the footer of this page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to request from us the categories of personal information that we have shared and the categories of third parties to whom the information was provided. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
To be clear we do not share your name, contact information, or any other sensitive information with third parties, and the categories of third parties that we share information with for advertising purposes are supply side platforms, programmatic advertising exchanges, and demand side platforms.