Celebrity Real Estate: Can You Match These Famous People to Their Million-Dollar Houses?

by hookedonhouses on March 7, 2012

Lots of famous folks have been buying and selling real estate recently, including Justin Bieber, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Anderson Cooper, Dick Clark, and Britney Spears. See if you can match the houses below to the celebrities who own them!

(Psst! Hover your mouse over the pics or click the links below them for the answers.)

#1. Click here to see the celeb who’s selling this Hidden Hills mansion.

#2. Click here to see who owns this condo on the Upper West Side.

#3. Click here to see who’s selling this modern Midtown Manhattan Penthouse.

#4. Click here to see which celeb just bought this $10.8 million house in L.A.

#5. Click here to see who’s selling this unusual retreat in Malibu (it’s not Fred Flintstone!).

Were you able to match any of the celebrities to their listings? I thought numbers 2-4 made sense, but I couldn’t quite picture the owners of numbers 1 and 5 living in those places. Anyone else surprised by some of them?

*APRIL 2012 UPDATE: Turns out Justin Bieber got punked by Ashton Kutcher, who was renting the house Justin wanted to buy and outbid him in the end. He was renting it and didn’t want to lose the place. You can read about it on SFGate.

Thanks to all the readers who sent me these links. You guys are the best!

Click Here to See More Celebrity Houses!

chris March 7, 2012 at 8:37 am

anderson cooper, marry me. i love your taste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dick clark, wth is wrong with you. sorry and i was a barney type of guy. all personal taste.

Julia March 7, 2012 at 9:23 am

I’m surprised Britney Spears’ house is so traditional. Anderson is such a warm guy but his penthouse seems so cold, and Dick…that has to be the ugliest house I’ve ever seen!

Molly @thewaffler March 7, 2012 at 10:01 am

Not too shabby for an 18th birthday present, Justin. My son loves his music; now I’m in love with his house.

Amy @ The Button Casa March 7, 2012 at 10:47 am

I love Justin’s house, Anderson Cooper’s totally made sense, and Dick Clark? I just don’t know what to say :D

Sarah @ housecrazy March 7, 2012 at 11:10 am

I love Dick Clark’s house! I smiled the whole way through the pictures! Although, I NEVER would have guessed a guy like Dick Clark would live in a house like that! It’s great – truly unique.

Brenda March 7, 2012 at 12:15 pm

With two young boys, how does Britney ever find them in this house? To me, it looks like a designer came in and went to town. No warmth at all. I love Anderson’s pad, and whatever is Justin going to do with that enormous dining room chandelier? Love the house though. As for Dick Clark, well, he will make a profit….lol.

polly dove March 7, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Britney’s reminds me of The Playboy Mansion – gawdy awful decor though!!!! Justin Beibs – well, it looks like a total party house and I’m sure that is what it will become! Anderson Cooper’s is stunning – although a bit stark, it is still stunning! Dick Clark – wow … really? I agree with most of the other comments – it is just plain weird and ridiculous? Who would have ever guessed Dick Clark resided in a Flintstone cave? Elizabeth Hasselback? Nondescript. Which surprises me a little. But REALLY, nondescript!

(I love your celebrity house posts!!!)

betty in munich March 7, 2012 at 1:28 pm

I had to laugh at the chairs in Anderson Cooper’s dining room. I guess he really didn’t want guests to linger that long after dinner!

Kim March 7, 2012 at 2:24 pm

I’m not surprised Britney Spear’s home is for sale. It’s way too big for four people and it doesn’t seem like a great place for kids. I hope she downsizes to something better.

I love the layout of Elisabeth’s condo. It’s very nice. If I owned a condo, I would want one with a similar layout.

For a penthouse, Andersen Cooper’s house isn’t too bad. I wouldn’t care to live there though.

I’ve never been a fan of Justin Bieber and all I have to say about his house is yuck. There’s no taste whatsoever. It was fun to look at though.

Dick Clark’s Flintstones house is fun. I would love to stay in it for a couple of days to get a feel for something different.

Julie @ The Family CEO March 7, 2012 at 7:51 pm

I cheated and hovered my mouse over the pic to see who lived there! Great houses. Surprisingly, Britney’s is my favorite.

Karen March 7, 2012 at 10:02 pm

I think the biggest surprise was Brittney Spears house. I wouldn’t have guessed she would have bought something so traditional.
Karen

Wendy March 8, 2012 at 12:41 am

That’s SO Anderson Cooper. The only one I really liked was the goofy Fred Flintstone one. At least it was interesting. Britney’s just looks like a tacky Las Vegas hotel lobby.

E. George March 8, 2012 at 3:18 am

Hi Julia this was fun let’s see Brits place not bad I liked the games room. Elizabeth and Anderson a bit cold. Justin I can’t remember what I got for my 18th I am Gob Smacked. Dick all I can say is Wilma …..open this door. Thank you for sharing I have been a grouch for a couple of days it’s been raining non stop and you managed to make me smile. Till next time Regards Esther from Sydney.

Luciane at Homebunch.com March 8, 2012 at 9:28 am

This is so fun, Julia. Great idea!!!

I’m so glad you dropped by and liked that sunroom! Thank you, Julia! :-)

Have a great day!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Lisa March 8, 2012 at 10:11 am

That was fun! I was very surprised by Brittany…seemed more conservative than I would have guessed for her. The others, with the exception of Dick Clark, I kept getting wrong (but mostly because I couldn’t remember what the choices were and I was too lazy to go back and look), but they seemed like they were a good “fit.”

Thanks for sharing!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy... March 8, 2012 at 10:27 am

I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Dick Clark’s place.

Laura March 8, 2012 at 11:48 am

I guessed right on all counts! They just go with the personalities, I think. As for Dick Clark, well, it’s very dated but his heyday WAS in the 60′s and 70′s, so there you go. None of them were my taste.

Janet @ ordinary mom March 8, 2012 at 12:09 pm

I got them all right too. Elizabeth Hasselback’s was the easiest to start with. Fun!

Ciaran Maguire Group March 12, 2012 at 5:59 pm

What a nice clicks all are. I am really surprised to look the views all are look like haven places. Thanks for sharing it.

jacob lemonte April 13, 2012 at 1:10 pm

my house is better than all these