Katie Couric’s House in the Hamptons

by hookedonhouses on July 29, 2011

Katie Couric, who just left her post as anchor of the CBS Evening News, prettied up her Hamptons house with some help from her sister Clara, who’s a landscape architect. (Isn’t it cute how they wore matching blue sweaters for the photo shoot? And, is it just me, or does Clara look a little like Arianna Huffington?)

Turns out Katie has a dog named Maisy like I do, but hers is allowed to sleep on the bed:

Read the article and see the photos at Cottages & Gardens. See more celebrity house tours here. Happy Friday, everyone! :-)

Luciane at Homebunch.com July 29, 2011 at 7:07 am

I really like Katie. I think she’s a very fun and smart person. This house seems to reflect her personality… it’s so beautiful, Julia!

I’m wishing you a great and sunny weekend for your and your family.

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Susan July 29, 2011 at 7:09 am

I’ve been a fan of Katie for years. I love the bookcases in the bedroom.
Best,
Susan

Kim @ Good But Getting Better July 29, 2011 at 3:44 pm

That was my favorite too! The bedroom itself is great but those bookcases are to die for!!

Becky K. July 29, 2011 at 7:30 am

Katie and I share the same sense of style.
I could just move in there and be very, very happy.
Gorgeous!

Mary July 29, 2011 at 8:09 am

What a beautiful house – it’s perfect!! I love it all. I hope see can take time to enjoy it – I’m a fan of hers.
Mary

Barbara Parsons July 29, 2011 at 8:23 am

I love Katie’s bedroom especially the bedside tables. And, the bookcases.
Just perfect. It’s all beautiful.

Barbara Parsons July 29, 2011 at 8:24 am

That looks exactly like Arianna Huffington !

Janice Mahon July 29, 2011 at 8:33 am

The house is beautiful, but not as beautiful as your beloved Maisie. I never saw your previous posts about her recovery. Bravo to you and your family for giving her a good home. You are the best!

Linda@Restyled Home July 29, 2011 at 8:40 am

Love Katie…thanks for sharing this. I just knew her style would comfortable!

Kathleen Ellis July 29, 2011 at 9:07 am

What a lovely retreat for Katie and her family! Thanks for sharing! Have a beautiful weekend, Julia!
;-D Kathleen

Sheila July 29, 2011 at 9:42 am

Yet another reason to like Katie Couric! The lady’s got unstuffy style that is inviting, pulled together and unpretentious. Love it. Her red-brick fireplace with large white mantel is almost exactly like what we’re putting in our new build. And the striped living room rug echoes the rug in “Something’s Gotta Give” (which we’re also getting — in light blue and white — for our living room). Thanks for sharing, and TGIF!

Stacie February 6, 2013 at 8:26 am

Sheila, Do you know where to get this rug? We’re looking for the same thing.

Karena July 29, 2011 at 10:30 am

Julia I love Katie’s bedroom! All of the white is so refreshing and cool! Of course it is all gorgeous and comfortable!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena
!

Kristen @ More Than Mulberries July 29, 2011 at 10:57 am

I could be friends with her, and live in that house! She seems like such a kind and down to earth person and her home really reflects that!

Bre July 29, 2011 at 11:44 am

Her home is as warm and lovely as she is, great post! The matching sweaters is too cute, and her sister does look like Arianna Huffington! I totally see it! I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family and adorable pup Julia! :)

Vicki @ In The Sandbox Comic Strip July 29, 2011 at 11:51 am

Wow! What a beautiful house!! =)

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints July 29, 2011 at 11:52 am

looks very sweet and homey from the outside. i love watching Royal Pains on USA. it’s filmed in the Hamptons. makes me want to go there.

kathy July 29, 2011 at 12:05 pm

How pretty! So serene and peaceful. And Maisy sleeps on the white bedspread! She must get more baths than my dog!

Kim July 29, 2011 at 1:49 pm

What a beautiful home! I love her style. It’s very warm, inviting, and homey.

Thanks for sharing this with us Julia!

Have a nice weekend. :)

Jocelyn Stott July 29, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Lovely home! It looks lived in as well, which I like.

Nita July 29, 2011 at 9:43 pm

I can’t STAND little Katie Couric. Ick.

Marisa July 29, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Her home reminds me of a famous movie house…Something’s Gotta Give!
Beautiful.

Nicole Mulvany July 30, 2011 at 11:37 am

I loved the bedside table in the bedroom. Unusual and not matchy matchy. I am a sucker for bookcases in a bedroom. You can keep all those old paperbacks without it looking mess when it’s in a bedroom. However, it never looks good to have paperbacks in a library or in another room of the house on a bookshelf. Have you ever noticed that? In a bedroom it makes it feel homey and more genuine. I am going to make one of those shell mirrors. I think that would be adorable in a little girls room in fact!

Mercedes Hayes July 30, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Stunning. I feel refreshed just looking at those pictures!

Samantha July 30, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Who wouldn’t want a house in the Hamptons? I have yet to come across a house there which I didn’t like!

Love Where You Live July 31, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Love the pretty soft blue and white bedroom.
And you’re right, she does look like the Huff-Post founder!

nanne July 31, 2011 at 5:22 pm

there are very few celebrities that i have ever wanted to meet, much less want to spend time with. but i have absolutely loved katie couric ever since i noticed her waving her arm and asking ( i think it was george bush?? might have been clinton) some pointed question in a press conference…..this was before she was on the today show & she asked that question in a firm, take-no-prisoners-way but very respectful way & funny way…don’t remember the question or the pres, but do remember that the pres laughed, then got serious, he knew she was dead serious (and he knew her name) & answered that question.

all of this verbage to say that k.c. is one celebrity that i would love to meet & hang out with…..her home seems to be a reflection of the katie that we all love…livable but lovely, laid back but stylish & classic and just as genteel with a little bit of bite as katie is…

i’m lovin’ that both the sisters are so talented and so successful.

nanne in columbus, indiana

Maaike Quinn @ A Gorgeous Life July 31, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Wow, I love those pictures :D

Melissah July 31, 2011 at 10:47 pm

I just discovered your lovely blog and have signed up as a follower. I’ve just put the finished touches on my new blog ‘Coastal Style’ It will have lots of inspiration on beach houses, resortwear, summer food, travel and anything ‘beachy’. I had a lot of fun putting it together so maybe you would like to check it out if you have a spare minute.
x
Melissah

betty in munich August 1, 2011 at 8:12 am

Bookcases in the bedroom….I don’t know why, but for me it’s an odd feeling. Like nails on a chalkboard, can’t stand bookshelves neither in the bedroom nor in the a dining room. Like really bad feng shui, weird huh?

belledame August 1, 2011 at 7:30 pm

i really need bookshelves like that in my bedroom. whenever i have a bedroom again…

Bluebirds and Butterflies August 2, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Katie’s home looks wonderful! She is such a sweet gal. Wish her well in all her endeavors. Have a happy day, Kim

Kathysue August 12, 2011 at 10:56 am

Love love this home. It is what I call Beach Elegance and if I had a home on the beach I would love it to look like this. I know I am not alone in this dream, Kathysue

Linda September 23, 2012 at 12:38 pm

I love the bedroom as well so beautiful I am in the process of refurbshing mine too, I let my coco on my bed too she is a tiny toy poodle she is a sweety she does and goes with us as we do, just like our child. Katy is on of my favorites, Raymond Aarrora is my all time favorite news caster he is so down to earth just like Katy and his christmas programs are outta sight.