Johnny Depp Buys Vacation Palazzo in Venice & More

by hookedonhouses on February 4, 2011

Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis

Johnny Depp & Vanessa Paradis Reportedly Plunk Down Millions for a 17th-century Palazzo in Venice as a Holiday Retreat: Daily Mail.

A Former Artist’s Studio Becomes a Great Space for Entertaining: Lookiloos.

How to Make Your Own Terrarium: Design Tree.

Ever Wanted to Live in a Cave? Here’s Your Chance! Cave Palace Ranch For Sale.

kid-friendly loft CalFinder blogA Kid-Friendly Loft in Chinatown: CalFinder Blog.

A Bright and Colorful Bed & Breakfast in the Netherlands: Shelter Pop.

How to Pretty Up Your Plain-Jane Walk-In Closet: Centsational Girl.

Or Dress Up Your Once-Cluttered Coat Closet: CasaSugar.

Nicole Kidman-Keith UrbanThey surprised the world with the announcement that they have a new baby girl (Faith Margaret), which may be why so many of you were searching for pics of their house this week: Nicole Kidman & Keith Urban’s House.

Build Your Own Farmhouse with Wraparound Porch: The Plan Collection.

Have a Wonderful Weekend, Everybody! :-)

Ricki Jill Treleaven February 4, 2011 at 8:44 am

I hope you have a great weekend, too, Julia :D

Amanda @ Serenity Now February 4, 2011 at 8:47 am

Was Nicole Kidman pregnant or did they adopt? I need to catch up on my celebrity gossip!! ;)

hookedonhouses February 4, 2011 at 8:55 am

They had a surrogate carry their baby. I think that People article I linked to should have all the details if you want them!

Luciane at Homebunch.com February 4, 2011 at 9:06 am

Hello, Julia!!! How are you doing?

I meant to ask you about the puppy… are you guys enjoying her?

I can’t wait to see all the links! Very cool!

Talking about “Cool”, come take a look at my blog today on “Cool or Fool”. The question is: Would you LIVE in a FORMER CEMENT FACTORY???
Come take a look! http://www.HomeBunch.com

Have a great weekend!
xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Lisa February 4, 2011 at 9:26 am

It may just be the mom in me but the loft that they called “Kid-Friendly” doesn’t seem to be kid-proof…the wall o’ ceramic lamps with all those cords?! That wouldn’t last a minute in our house! ;-)

(I am just being sarcastic though b/c they did add some super fun kid things)

p.s. I love your Friday links! They are a great way to get through the last day of work for the week.

Susan S February 4, 2011 at 10:33 am

Wowee! Depp’s Venice home is exquisite!! I have great pangs of envy.

I’ve yet to see Candace’s new show, so I can’t weigh in on her new looks, but I think all she really needed was to gain weight and sport a longer hairstyle which could be all she actually has done. Who knows?

Centsational Girl February 4, 2011 at 10:47 am

Fabulous links as always Julia, I so look forward to these posts! Thanks for the linky love and all you do!

xo
Kate

Ranell Morris February 4, 2011 at 10:49 am

Julia,
The house in Nashville is so much more than the one in Hollywood (I know they say location, location, location but even Nashville seems better to me than Hollywood. The yard in Keiths Nasville home was gorgeous. The things you do for love huh?
Have a great weekend Julia. I love your post!!!!!

Mom in High Heels February 4, 2011 at 11:58 am

You know, my sweet Johnny bought that house for me as Valentine’s Day gift. I’m afraid you might have ruined the surprise, but I’ll still try to look like I know nothing about it when he tells me. He’s so good to me. ;)
We actually saw The Tourist 3 nights ago and it was pretty good (despite having Angelina Jolie in it). I so want to go to Venice. Since Egypt is apparently out this year (bummer), maybe we’ll do Venice instead.

Bre February 4, 2011 at 12:05 pm

All the more evidence that Johnny Depp is the perfect man! Can’t wait to check out these links, I’m suffering from some serious closet envy lately so the closet posts are at the top of my list. Have a happy weekend Julia! :)

Anna February 4, 2011 at 12:29 pm

I simply love the playfulness of the China town loft… the lamps all lined up, the dining room chairs united in yellow, the tile in the bathroom with the pops of orange, and the colorful kitchen clutter- I love it ! Feels like a kitchen I wouldn’t be afraid to cook in. What a fun place to grow up in. I bet they have a killer sound system too… hmmm…

Kim February 4, 2011 at 2:27 pm

What a fun loft. I love everything about it. I bet those kids have so much fun playing and growing up in there. I know I would if I was kid and lived there. This loft actually reminds me of the firestation house used in “The Princess Diaries” the first movie. It’s a fun place as well.

I read about Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman’s new baby on people.com a couple weeks ago. I am so happy for them.

Date Girl February 5, 2011 at 12:05 am

Nicole Kidman is having a baby? Wow, I did not know that. Glad it’s with Keith and not that crazy Tommy Cruise. That kid friendly loft is ug-tastic. Love the wrap around porch house.

Beverly from Montreal February 5, 2011 at 8:34 am

I’m sure Johnny Depp’s Venetian Palazzo on the Grand Canal will be a stunner when the renovations are completed. What a location!!! I would have loved to see the present condition of the interior. Perhaps when they are finished fixing it up, Julia, we could see some before and after shots. Thanks for such a great post, today.

jennie w. February 5, 2011 at 11:52 am

Can you imagine the stress of having little kids in Venice? All that water to drown in everywhere! I’d go insane with worry.

{ 2 trackbacks }