Barbra Streisand’s Dream Home & More House News

by hookedonhouses on November 26, 2010

Barbra Streisand's Dream House-bookInside Barbra Streisand’s Dream Home: Oprah.com.

See Where 10 of the Most Famous Chefs Live: Zillow Blog.

Turning 20 Years Old This Month: The Christmas Movie Classic Home Alone.

Can Big Houses Really Be “Green”? Yes Mag.

Sleeper HouseWoody Allen’s “Sleeper” House Sells for $1.5 million: HuffPo.

Build Your Own Bungalow: House Plans.

How To Throw a Less Stressful Holiday Party: Centsational Girl.

2 Years Ago We Said Goodbye to Some Favorite Shelter Mags.

Amy Powers' Inspired Ideas Cmas e-Zine

Crafters Will Love This Creative Christmas E-Zine: Inspire Co.

Anne Hathaway’s Loft in “Love & Other Drugs:” CasaSugar.

Top Celebrity-House Search This Week: Paula Deen’s Kitchen.

One of the things I’m most thankful for this holiday season is you. I hope you’re having a wonderful Thanksgiving week with the people you love! :-)

Luciane at Homebunch.com November 26, 2010 at 9:43 am

Good Morning, Julia!

How was your Thanksgiving? I hope you and your family had a great time!

Wonderful links… Barbra’s house is so inspiring!!! Love it! Now, if you can, take a minute and got to my blog. Did you see RICKY MARTIN’S HOUSE yet? I just made a post about it. Let me know if you like it.

Have a Blessed weekend!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Ami @ beyondpeasandcarrots November 26, 2010 at 10:01 am

I am not so crazy about the design on the inside of Barbra’s house… but the outside… AMAZING!!
.-= Ami @ beyondpeasandcarrots´s last blog ..Gratitude- Week 6 =-.

Karena November 26, 2010 at 10:12 am

Woo hoo Julia, more great links!! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
xoxo

Karena
Art by Karena
.-= Karena´s last blog ..The Winner of an Artistic Pillow from Empress of the Eye =-.

melissa November 26, 2010 at 10:29 am

Hello! I just don’t know how you do it! How do you find time (even on a holiday!) to provide us “housies” with such interesting material? You are amazing – and we appreciate it so much. My mother was a huge fan of Barbara – so I just loved looking at her home knowing my mom would have loved it too. You never know how what you write/publish is going to touch readers. Thank you so much! Hope you have found a few minutes for yourself to put your feet up and have a cup of tea.
Best wishes -Melissa

Ricki Jill Treleaven November 26, 2010 at 10:34 am

Julia, I ditto what Melissa said. You have provided me with all kinds of fun stuff to peruse this morning while my family sleeps-off their turkey hangovers. You rock! Thanks so much for this post. I love looking at house plans, too. I hope you and your family had a blessed Thanksgiving, and I hope you have a super Black Friday! :D
.-= Ricki Jill Treleaven´s last blog ..Thanksgiving Tablescapes =-.

Allyson Byrne November 26, 2010 at 12:18 pm

wow loved barbara’s home…wasn’t what I was expecting of her home..thought it would be a lot more formal and for some reason i was thinking it would be darker with hints of gold! Love the outside too…looks like out of a fairytale story! thanks for posting!! Happy Thanksgiving to you Julia and to all Americans..we dont celebrate it here in Australia, but I am thankful for the joy and inspiration your blog has bought me!!xal
.-= Allyson Byrne´s last blog ..Halloween!!! =-.

Centsational Girl November 26, 2010 at 2:25 pm

Greetings Julia, I’m thankful for you too and your amazing blog. Always interesting, inspiring and educational, and the juiciest pics in the blogosphere! Loving all these links, Babs home IS interesting isn’t it? Much thanks for the linky love, have a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend!
xo
Kate
.-= Centsational Girl´s last blog ..Fashion Accessories GIVEAWAY =-.

Lauren November 26, 2010 at 2:55 pm

I get that people will gravitate towards colours they like… but Barb’s actually camouflaged against her couch with not 1 or 2, but 3 pieces of clothing.

(The Home Alone page is how I first found your site! Ahh, memories).
.-= Lauren´s last blog ..Day 90! Recap in rhyme! =-.

Maaike Quinn November 26, 2010 at 5:58 pm

Wow, the house of Barbra is just like a fairy tale! What a strange but wonderful experience it must be to live there. I would love to visit here for a while :)
.-= Maaike Quinn´s last blog ..Day 3 – Do what we have already done =-.

Cole@LavishProperty November 26, 2010 at 8:07 pm

Interesting… especially the Sleeper house.

Nita November 27, 2010 at 1:26 am

I perused Babs’ book at B&N today. It was marked down to $40 from its $60 price, but I still wouldn’t buy it. I don’t want to give any more money to the hypocrite, telling us all to dry our clothes outside, while she probably has a $10K electric bill a month for her 7 houses on that property! I am entirely over her as a “talent.”

Besides, the book isn’t that good or interesting at all. I would never buy it for one of my decor books. Too many dolls in rooms and a lot of Colonial 80s style decor. The house I liked the most was the open-beamed one-story ranch house because the barn house is way too dark and woody inside for me.

Amanda @ Serenity Now November 27, 2010 at 9:29 am

I can’t believe that Home Alone is 20!!! Love that movie, love that house. :) I think MC and I are the same age. I feel old now….
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..Its Go Time =-.

cristin @ simplified bee November 27, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Wow… Barbara’s home is fabulous, but would expect anything less?

Also, wondering if you are going to do holiday house tours of blogland this year?

xo,
cristin
.-= cristin @ simplified bee´s last blog ..My Casual Chic Thanksgiving Table =-.

Desiree November 27, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Bab’s home is interested and I enjoyed Centsational Girl’s blog.
.-= Desiree´s last blog ..Modern Sag Harbor Kitchen =-.

Kim November 27, 2010 at 4:52 pm

I love Barbara’s house, but wish she had showed us more.

Those bungelow house plans are pretty nice. I wouldn’t mind building one. That’s if I had the money.

Thankyou for sharing all of these links with us. I love your blog. It’s my favorite.

Pat November 27, 2010 at 10:53 pm

I’m here…better late then never!
Bab’s house looks lovely outside…jury’s still out on the inside.
Love getting a peek at the celeb chef’s homes. If only I could see inside!
Have to tell y’all…loved Paula house. Love the plaid drapes, loved the kitchen, just loved the whole thing!
Thanks for letting me chime in here after the party was over!!
.-= Pat´s last blog ..BYOFP bring your own fat pants =-.

Christina June 22, 2011 at 9:25 pm

I found some parts of Barbra’s houses interesting, yet others weren’t really for me; Unusual to say the least.. I did like the gardens and the barn outside with the water mill. I don’t like Art Nuevo items/area that she says Sarah Bernhardt had designed. It looked like Gargoyles. Not attractive at all; a great deal of dolls, too many dolls. I thinks it’s just too much. Some of the things were really interesting, some not so much.. she says she’s very much into the masculine/feminine levels intertwined. I find her gardens really attractive, the rest, not for me. Not something I would spend that much money on.