Barbra Streisand’s Dream Home & More House News

Barbra Streisand's Dream House-bookInside Barbra Streisand’s Dream Home: Oprah.com.

See Where 10 of the Most Famous Chefs Live: Zillow Blog.

Turning 20 Years Old This Month: The Christmas Movie Classic Home Alone.

Can Big Houses Really Be “Green”? Yes Mag.

Sleeper HouseWoody Allen’s “Sleeper” House Sells for $1.5 million: HuffPo.

Build Your Own Bungalow: House Plans.

How To Throw a Less Stressful Holiday Party: Centsational Girl.

2 Years Ago We Said Goodbye to Some Favorite Shelter Mags.

Amy Powers' Inspired Ideas Cmas e-Zine

Crafters Will Love This Creative Christmas E-Zine: Inspire Co.

Anne Hathaway’s Loft in “Love & Other Drugs:” CasaSugar.

Top Celebrity-House Search This Week: Paula Deen’s Kitchen.

One of the things I’m most thankful for this holiday season is you. I hope you’re having a wonderful Thanksgiving week with the people you love! :-)

The Ellen Show-Bad MLS photos
Ellen DeGeneres featured 2 of the Bad MLS Listings from my blog on her show this week--the Office Bathroom and Doll House photos. See the…
Real Housewives Bev Hills-Kyle Richards
As Seen on "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills:" Kyle Richards' Home for Sale. How Well Do You Know Your Christmas Movie Houses? Take the Quiz!…

Comments

Good Morning, Julia!

How was your Thanksgiving? I hope you and your family had a great time!

Wonderful links… Barbra’s house is so inspiring!!! Love it! Now, if you can, take a minute and got to my blog. Did you see RICKY MARTIN’S HOUSE yet? I just made a post about it. Let me know if you like it.

Have a Blessed weekend!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

2. melissa says

Hello! I just don’t know how you do it! How do you find time (even on a holiday!) to provide us “housies” with such interesting material? You are amazing – and we appreciate it so much. My mother was a huge fan of Barbara – so I just loved looking at her home knowing my mom would have loved it too. You never know how what you write/publish is going to touch readers. Thank you so much! Hope you have found a few minutes for yourself to put your feet up and have a cup of tea.
    Best wishes -Melissa

Julia, I ditto what Melissa said. You have provided me with all kinds of fun stuff to peruse this morning while my family sleeps-off their turkey hangovers. You rock! Thanks so much for this post. I love looking at house plans, too. I hope you and your family had a blessed Thanksgiving, and I hope you have a super Black Friday! 😀
    .-= Ricki Jill Treleaven´s last blog ..Thanksgiving Tablescapes =-.

wow loved barbara’s home…wasn’t what I was expecting of her home..thought it would be a lot more formal and for some reason i was thinking it would be darker with hints of gold! Love the outside too…looks like out of a fairytale story! thanks for posting!! Happy Thanksgiving to you Julia and to all Americans..we dont celebrate it here in Australia, but I am thankful for the joy and inspiration your blog has bought me!!xal
    .-= Allyson Byrne´s last blog ..Halloween!!! =-.

Greetings Julia, I’m thankful for you too and your amazing blog. Always interesting, inspiring and educational, and the juiciest pics in the blogosphere! Loving all these links, Babs home IS interesting isn’t it? Much thanks for the linky love, have a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend!
    xo
    Kate
    .-= Centsational Girl´s last blog ..Fashion Accessories GIVEAWAY =-.

I get that people will gravitate towards colours they like… but Barb’s actually camouflaged against her couch with not 1 or 2, but 3 pieces of clothing.

(The Home Alone page is how I first found your site! Ahh, memories).
    .-= Lauren´s last blog ..Day 90! Recap in rhyme! =-.

7. Nita says

I perused Babs’ book at B&N today. It was marked down to $40 from its $60 price, but I still wouldn’t buy it. I don’t want to give any more money to the hypocrite, telling us all to dry our clothes outside, while she probably has a $10K electric bill a month for her 7 houses on that property! I am entirely over her as a “talent.”

Besides, the book isn’t that good or interesting at all. I would never buy it for one of my decor books. Too many dolls in rooms and a lot of Colonial 80s style decor. The house I liked the most was the open-beamed one-story ranch house because the barn house is way too dark and woody inside for me.

8. Kim says

I love Barbara’s house, but wish she had showed us more.

Those bungelow house plans are pretty nice. I wouldn’t mind building one. That’s if I had the money.

Thankyou for sharing all of these links with us. I love your blog. It’s my favorite.

I’m here…better late then never!
    Bab’s house looks lovely outside…jury’s still out on the inside.
    Love getting a peek at the celeb chef’s homes. If only I could see inside!
    Have to tell y’all…loved Paula house. Love the plaid drapes, loved the kitchen, just loved the whole thing!
    Thanks for letting me chime in here after the party was over!!
    .-= Pat´s last blog ..BYOFP bring your own fat pants =-.

10. Christina says

I found some parts of Barbra’s houses interesting, yet others weren’t really for me; Unusual to say the least.. I did like the gardens and the barn outside with the water mill. I don’t like Art Nuevo items/area that she says Sarah Bernhardt had designed. It looked like Gargoyles. Not attractive at all; a great deal of dolls, too many dolls. I thinks it’s just too much. Some of the things were really interesting, some not so much.. she says she’s very much into the masculine/feminine levels intertwined. I find her gardens really attractive, the rest, not for me. Not something I would spend that much money on.