Kelly Wearstler’s $46m Mansion For Sale & More House News

by hookedonhouses on October 29, 2010

Kelly Wearstler and sons in Vogue-staircase

Designer Kelly Wearstler Wants $46m for Her Bev Hills Mansion: Curbed.

Remember Kelly’s Malibu Beach House? You Guys Really Hated That One.

A Magazine Stylist Tells All: Style at Home.

Bewitched TV Show house-first season

The Most Popular TV House of the Week: “Bewitched.”

Why Does Jonathan Adler Feel Misunderstood? CasaSugar Interview.

Photo Gallery of Remodeled Bathrooms: CalFinder.

Nate Berkus Show“The Nate Berkus Show” Is Failing Fast: NY Post.

My Experience With Nate’s Show:  Dolly, Nate & Me.

Why One Designer Says She’s Quitting ASID: e-Decorating.

Big thanks to all the readers who are kind enough to send me great links like these every week. I appreciate every single one of you! :-)

Luciane at Homebunch.com October 29, 2010 at 7:59 am

Hey Hey Julia!!!

Fantastic links… especially Kelly Wearstler’s house for 46 mil is just RIDICULOUS! We’re talking about 46 millions! I understand houses in Beverly Hills are extremely expansive but I can’t see that house being worth that much. I understand that she’s a famous designer but is she really that good? Or people just fall in love with her fame? Do you know what I mean? She’s edgy, creative, but I see better designer out there, plus I think she’s trying to make some extra money based on her fame: “Oh, it’s Kelly Wearsther’s house”!

I simply would not pay that much for the house or attention that house brings.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

PS: Julia, please go take a look at my blog… there’s a beautiful restored ITALIAN VILLA waiting for you. :-)

Decor Arts Now October 29, 2010 at 8:08 am

Hi Julia,
Best links post EVER.
1st, so happy to learn that I am not the only one who doesn’t love Kelly Wearstler. I could never live in a home she designed. I would get nightmares. Serene they are not, even if she is creative.
2nd just had my house professionally photo ‘d so I bonded with the stylist and again glad that I wasn’t alone with needing tweaking to make a pretty snapshot.
3rd, just watched Nate for the first time this week. Way too many commercials and boring!
Finally, so with the last designer. Lots of snobs out there!
Anyway, thanks. Wouldn’t have found this stuff w/o you! :-) lynn
.-= Decor Arts Now´s last blog ..October 29- 2010- Source Alert- Affordable Antique Lighting at Shades of Light =-.

Janet October 29, 2010 at 8:23 am

Kelly Wearstler should have here Realtor purge, I mean stage her home. ;)
.-= Janet´s last blog ..Martha Loooves Halloween =-.

karen hunt October 29, 2010 at 8:28 am

Awesome! She certainly knows how to push the boundaries. Can’t wait to see what it really sells for.
Thanks for the great blog
Karen- http://www.huntstudio.blogspot.com
.-= karen hunt´s last blog ..Our first Photo Shoot =-.

Lauren October 29, 2010 at 9:04 am

$46 m? Who is this chick? Never heard of her! (But I’m already thinking I don’t like her – heh!)
.-= Lauren´s last blog ..You’ll like it better or else =-.

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints October 29, 2010 at 9:17 am

My goodness that house was crazy. All those statue things on her dining room table…TACKY. People are so weird.
.-= Becky @ Farmgirl Paints´s last blog ..Suck it up =-.

Stephanie@Geezees October 29, 2010 at 9:18 am

I think the most surprising one is that the Nate Berkus show is failing fast, i really thought he would be doing good.

Kelly, Arte Styling October 29, 2010 at 10:31 am

Great line-up, Julia! Just read the “e-decorating” post. Man – I can relate!!
Have a fantastic Halloween weekend!!!
.-= Kelly, Arte Styling´s last blog ..A Beautiful Day at The Ferry Building =-.

LuxuriousLife October 29, 2010 at 10:42 am

I saw a Vogue Magazine layout of Kelly W. years ago with an article chronicling a day in her design life. It was the dream day: an early wake up call, a session with a personal trainer , meeting with high powered, deep pocketed clients, fabulous lunch, stops at constructions sites, a stop at home to get dressed up for a charity event. Its was accompanied by a photo of her on a staircase, I think she was adjusting the strap of her Manolo Blahnik sling back while very stylishly dressed for a day on the job. The dream life, with a dream price for her home!!!
Love the article on styling for photo shoots!! Lighting makes all the difference!!
.-= LuxuriousLife´s last blog ..Just Add Flowers =-.

desiree October 29, 2010 at 10:46 am

Not a Kelly fan—and I think it’s totally over priced! And on Nate—have you seen the show??? Watched 2 episodes—so painfully bad.
.-= desiree´s last blog ..Just Listed- Palo Alto Green Gable Neighborhood =-.

Janelle October 29, 2010 at 10:59 am

The Pertersiks of Young House Love were on the Nate Berkus Show this week. They blogged about it here: http://www.younghouselove.com/2010/10/this-pretty-much-made-our-year/

hookedonhouses October 29, 2010 at 11:12 am

I’m so mad I missed it. I had finally given up on the show and taken it off my DVR schedule, only to find out the next episode had John and Sherry on it. Bummer! -Julia

Alycia October 29, 2010 at 11:26 am

Thanks for posting a link!

As for Nate. I never watched his show, but it never seemed like anything I would be interested in. I enjoyed the Christopher Lowell show when it used to be on. He had lots of great ideas and demonstrations. Maybe Nate could take some lessons from CL?
.-= Alycia´s last blog ..Why I’m quitting ASID and other Design Sites =-.

Susan October 29, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Re: Kelly W. My momma would say all her taste is in her mouth. Not sure she gets that concept though looking at that dining room table. I hate it when a room loses all functionality because of frou-frou.

Amanda @ Serenity Now October 29, 2010 at 1:20 pm

Sad! :( I really like the Nate Berkus show…I think the themes sort of jump around too much, but he’s such a warm guy, and I feel like he cares about the people he interviews.
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..Return of the Griswolds Halloween =-.

Kim October 29, 2010 at 3:19 pm

Thanks for the links! I do not see Kelly’s house selling for very much. Unless a weird designer comes along and happens to like it.

Sadly, I have never liked Nate’s show. He’s so boring. If he stuck to makeovers like he did on Oprah, then he would be better.

Nicole M. October 29, 2010 at 3:35 pm

I think Nate has a great show. But, I wondered if it would last. I hope it can make it. However, they need to change the format. He doesn’t need to tackle issues like bullying or teens. He needs to stick to decorating. Do a few crafts. Anything that goes with decorating. Just do it. Think like Martha!

Jackie W. October 29, 2010 at 3:49 pm

Hope a dentist is invited to any party where sculptures are served. Where do they put the food. That is way way over the top.

Personally, unless they are chocolate or cheese sculptures I’ll pass !

Pamela @Atmosphere ID October 29, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Kelly Wearstler spaces always look cool and creative but I personally could never live in one. I like her hospitality work is great though.
I’ve never been able to sit through an entire episode of Nate’s show. I think he’s trying too hard to incorporate too many things. If he focused on design and decorating more (perhaps more of his design) I would like it better.
.-= Pamela @Atmosphere ID´s last blog ..‘Tis the Season =-.

laney October 30, 2010 at 6:42 am

…wellllll…about the kelly houses…you know how in fashion there is true design like coco chanel…and then there is costume design like bob mackie…well …kelly is most certainly in the latter category…

MyDesignGuide November 1, 2010 at 10:18 am

Ouch, poor Nate…I’ve heard same from other sources. We’ve used his products from HSN in our designs and at least he’s got that going on.

Jared November 2, 2010 at 11:16 pm

Poor girl is not going to get anything close to that price. Her designs maybe eccentric but I really do admire Kelly Wearstler as a designer.

Carol November 6, 2010 at 8:04 pm

No one is going to pay $46 million just to have o do a complete re-do.
Wearstler defintite decorated to her taste. However, her taste in’t main stream.
The foyer is a key example.

Cole November 6, 2010 at 9:00 pm

The $46 million estate is quite interesting. I would never pay that amount of money for the place, but it is a very nice home.
.-= Cole´s last blog ..3-750-000 – Plano- TX =-.