Stephen Ireland’s “Ridiculous House”

by hookedonhouses on October 12, 2010

Stephen Ireland's house

Stephen Ireland’s house was recently called “ridiculous” in a feature on Yahoo! Sports. The tour of his mansion includes this classic shot of him standing outside with his cars and his girlfriend Jessica. He’s a somewhat controversial, pretended-his-grandmother-was-dead-to-get-out-of-a-game Irish footballer who now plays for Aston Villa in England.

stephen ireland-master bedrm

I really didn’t think his house was as over-the-top awful as the Yahoo! article made it sound–I mean, we’ve seen worse around here, right?–but then I got to his daughter’s “Princess Room:”

Stephen Ireland-Princess Bedroom

I know little girls like pink, but this is insane. Stephen has no problem with pink, though. Have you seen his tricked-out Range Rover?

You can see the rest of the photos here and here. (Thanks to Nita for the links!)

Love Seeing How Celebs Live? Click Here for More!

Chris October 12, 2010 at 8:10 am

Oh my gosh. It hurts to even look at it. I actually feel sorry for the little girl who has to sleep in it!
.-= Chris´s last blog ..Spooksville Continues =-.

shelly joseph October 12, 2010 at 5:36 pm

I thought the same thing.. That HURT my EYEs.. yikes.. it’s not even Pepto Bismol Pink.. It;s insane pink.. yikes.. !!!!!

Emily@remodelingthislife October 12, 2010 at 8:11 am

oh. my.

Teresa Griffith October 12, 2010 at 8:19 am

ew!

Phyllis Briner October 12, 2010 at 8:19 am

They were right, Julia…over-the-top-awful.

Pat October 12, 2010 at 8:40 am

I guess he hasn’t heard that less is more!
Proves that we are all different with different tastes and desires.
I’d say it proves it really well!! LOL!
.-= Pat´s last blog ..The Old Days =-.

Mary Beth (Cats, Books, Life is Good) October 12, 2010 at 8:41 am

My head hurts just looking at the picture! I wonder if his daughter suffers from migraines!
.-= Mary Beth (Cats, Books, Life is Good)´s last blog ..CEDFL =-.

MelMel October 12, 2010 at 8:43 am

That bedroom looks like it was drowned in Pepto Bismol. I feel nauseated just looking at it! Ick…
.-= MelMel´s last blog ..Meet Lucy! =-.

Kelly October 12, 2010 at 8:45 am

I wonder if she has to wear glasses to sleep? I like pink but that is just over whelming!
.-= Kelly´s last blog ..1924 Colonial- Sanford- FL =-.

Mary October 12, 2010 at 9:12 am

This just confirms that when people have too much money…

Josanne October 12, 2010 at 9:22 am

Okay, I admit it! I actually like the pink room! NOT for me, but it looks like a dream for a little girl!
I think it’s tastefully done-not too cluttered, and the artwork is professionally done. I think any little girl would love it, and yeah, I would probably let me girls have their room like this if they were still small, and they wanted it, and I could afford to have a pro come in and do it. =)
The color is a little odd in the other bedroom, but I actually like that one too!
What is comical is that, my latest post that is in the commentluv, is about my bathroom that I am painting right now-maybe it is another reason I like the pink bedroom! =)
.-= Josanne´s last blog ..YELLOW-And Yet- Another Announcement! =-.

Katherine @ Grass Stains October 12, 2010 at 9:24 am

OK, I’ve seen pictures before that I’ve joked made my eyeballs hurt. But THIS one actually DOES! Wow. Eye. Balls. Hurt.
.-= Katherine @ Grass Stains´s last blog ..Uncomfortable truths =-.

Buddiegirl October 12, 2010 at 9:33 am

I think I went temporarily blind when that pink room popped up on my screen. Makes me queasy just looking at it.

Mrs. R October 12, 2010 at 9:38 am

Wow. Hmmm….speechless.
.-= Mrs. R´s last blog ..Movie Review- Waiting for Superman =-.

Janell Beals October 12, 2010 at 9:39 am

And the home looks wonderful from the outside…Janell
.-= Janell Beals´s last blog ..A New Look For Isabella &amp MaxThe Blog- That Is =-.

Bethany October 12, 2010 at 9:53 am

Who needs solar or electric? That room can light the whole friggin’ planet!!! My eyes… they burn!!!
.-= Bethany´s last blog ..I hope you never do =-.

Tricia Rose October 12, 2010 at 9:57 am

I have to admire people who go for it. Better than beige.
The only thing I really dislike is bling – Schwartzoffsky crystals – and too shiny stuff. Chippy paint is beginning to get on my nerves too.

I obviously need more coffee if I am this snippy.

etta October 12, 2010 at 10:38 am

OMG… I think that all this colour is not healty too!

Cheri@IHeartOldHouses October 12, 2010 at 10:49 am

OK, that room would have been a nightmare for me as a little girl. I never liked pink! Especially the fuchsia and bubblegum varieties. I’m gonna go look at a beige wall now to refocus my eyes.
.-= Cheri@IHeartOldHouses´s last blog ..Indian Summer Blues =-.

Bre October 12, 2010 at 10:56 am

Good lord. I know it’s a stereotype that athletes are notorious for having poor taste and style but this guy really fits the bill. From pretending his grandmother was dead, to decorating his daughter’s room in Day Glo pink he confirms the cliche. I like Disney princesses as much as the next girl, but I would have hated that heinous room growing up!
.-= Bre´s last blog ..Halloween Fauxtos =-.

Lauren October 12, 2010 at 11:44 am

Oh yes. Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes. I saw this yesterday – and last night visions of too-tanned, big-boobed, terrifying sugar plums footballers + WAGs danced in my head.

Appropriate soundtrack to this post:
- anything by Wham!
- the entire Phil Spector catalogue
- any white rapper you can think of, who manages to try harder than Mr. Ireland (impossible!)
.-= Lauren´s last blog ..Scared of saws =-.

Amanda @ Serenity Now October 12, 2010 at 1:15 pm

I think that room could give the poor child seizures, or at the very least, ADD. The pretty mural of Cinderella by itself would have been fine, but the pink is TOO. MUCH. :s
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..Thank You- Mr Columbus =-.

Laura October 12, 2010 at 1:53 pm

There’s truth in the old addage… money can’t buy taste… Lx
.-= Laura´s last blog ..A new shelf for kitchen bric-a-brac =-.

Colette October 12, 2010 at 3:37 pm

That room would give me nightmares.

Rhianna October 12, 2010 at 4:03 pm

That little girl’s room is awful.
I don’t think that the rest of the house is as bad as the article makes it appear.
But, they seem to be pretty in love with themselves, most of the pics are of them in the rooms, not pics of the rooms.
.-= Rhianna´s last blog ..Day 13 of 30 – A Fictional Book =-.

Kim October 12, 2010 at 5:24 pm

That pink is horrible. Poor girl, she must have nightmares at night. I was into the pink stage as a kid, but I never wanted a room filled with that much color.

I wish they had showed more pictures of the rooms, instead of mostly themselves.

Holley October 12, 2010 at 5:30 pm

Honestly? It hurts my eyes, but I think many little girls would love it. For me it is too much pink and needs to be softened with some other colors, but I think my daughter would love it.

Hmm. I just checked with my daughter who said she “kind of liked it…” but she “wouldn’t want a TOO pink room.”

I guess we have done a pretty good job of raising her!
.-= Holley´s last blog ..Everything is new =-.

Jennifer Robinson October 12, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Creepy, it’s a pink dungeon! Good for you for allowing this onto your beautiful blog…I guess we should be discussing ALL rooms right? ;)
.-= Jennifer Robinson´s last blog ..best of both worlds =-.

The Little Red Shop October 12, 2010 at 7:36 pm

Noooo….noooo….NO! That pink room is not good.

: p

Julie M.
.-= The Little Red Shop´s last blog ..Little Ladies in Waiting =-.

Nancy@marcusdesign October 12, 2010 at 8:32 pm

Wow, this takes girly-pink to a whole new level!! As someone else already commented, it’s sorta hard to even look at! I bet Stephen has all his Disney princesses memorized :)
Nancy
.-= Nancy@marcusdesign´s last blog ..falling for fall =-.

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish October 12, 2010 at 9:20 pm

Yeah … that is a little over the top. It was enough to make me shudder. Perhaps you can post that as a scary Halloween room?
.-= Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish´s last blog ..Quick Ballard Inspired Burlap Project =-.

Tracey October 12, 2010 at 10:53 pm

I actually like it. Not to my taste but a little girl would love it. It reminds me of when kids make play tents with their blankets etc…a world away from the real world. The only thing I think ruins it is the colour of the carpet…not all pinks go together and that pink clashes. Yes, it’s over the top but if they can afford to redecorate in a years time when the girl goes into her Hannah Montana phase, then why not???

Romi October 13, 2010 at 12:40 am

All I see are those fluffy bathroom rugs in the middle of his and his daughter’s bedroom. Why?
.-= Romi´s last blog ..October Birthday Girl =-.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy... October 13, 2010 at 9:26 pm

Wait the dude likes pink?

I agree. The house isn’t too bad.
.-= Juju at Tales of Whimsy…´s last blog ..Teaser Tuesday- Loss &amp Joy =-.

Rachel October 15, 2010 at 11:28 pm

Ack! I’m blind! :)
.-= Rachel´s last blog ..Mornings =-.

Luciane October 17, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Wow…. I mean… wow!!!! That pink is hurtful! How can you sleep in there?

Luciane.

katie November 5, 2010 at 9:53 pm

if there were a king and queen of chavdom they would win it,so chav I can hardly believe it,money cannot buy taste that is for sure/