Jane Fonda’s Loft For Sale in Atlanta

by hookedonhouses on June 24, 2010

Jane FondaJane Fonda recently announced on her blog that she is leaving Atlanta after 19 years and moving back to L.A. She says, “It has been my home and I have been very happy here. I came here with Ted Turner and when we separated, I stayed. It’s been 10 years since then. I built myself a loft that I truly thought would be my home till I died. I love it so.”

Jane Fonda's Atlanta Loft 1She says the decision to move to L.A. was difficult but necessary: “I decided it was time to be an actor again.” She already has several new movies coming out this year, and more in the works.

Jane Fonda's Atlanta Loft 2Fonda has been dating music producer Richard Perry, who also lives in L.A., and she cites him as one of her reasons for moving.

I love this fireplace wall with the floor-to-ceiling bookshelves:

Jane Fonda's Atlanta Loft 4

Remember the fab house Fonda had as the wickedly hilarious Viola in Monster-in-Law? There was a lot of white in that decor, too, and it seemed to suit her. (You can see those pics here.)

All photos by Nathan Martin. You can see the rest, including her bedroom with the glass fireplace in it, here. The property is being handled by Atlanta Fine Homes Sotheby’s International Realty–contact info here.

Visit Celebrity Houses to see more famous digs, from Julianne Moore’s to Gwyneth Paltrow’s.

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints June 24, 2010 at 9:40 pm

This is strange for me to say, but I kind of like it. I’d need more color, but I love the open loft feel and that table is fabulous. LA seems a better fit for her.

Design Love June 24, 2010 at 10:51 pm

I really like it, fresh, clean and airy! Very cool, and I love the art too, especially in the dining area.
Cindy

Janell Beals June 24, 2010 at 11:20 pm

The volume of the space is wonderful, though it seems to have some almost 80’s elements. But all that could be reworked…I didn’t know she was in some upcoming movies, good for her!! Janell
.-= Janell Beals´s last blog ..The ‘Headboard Meets An Upholstered Wall’ Project Has Been Put To Bed! =-.

Vanessa@decor happy June 24, 2010 at 11:20 pm

Saw all the photos of the loft on her blog – beautiful home but not my cup of tea. Her bed is interesting! So great that she blogs and even answers comments – I like her even more now. Fun looking at photos on her blog of her “workout” days.
.-= Vanessa@decor happy´s last blog ..Client Project…Family Room =-.

Vicki @ In The Sandbox Comic Strip June 24, 2010 at 11:44 pm

It’s very pretty but not my style.
.-= Vicki @ In The Sandbox Comic Strip´s last blog ..Happy Father’s Day Weekend! =-.

Jocelyn Stott June 25, 2010 at 12:08 am

I like the space, but not loving all of the white. She needs some color in there!
.-= Jocelyn Stott´s last blog ..Obsessions =-.

Visual Vamp June 25, 2010 at 12:12 am

So lovely. Very New York.
Great link to her blog!
xo xo
.-= Visual Vamp´s last blog ..Has Anyone Bought Something From homedecorators.com? =-.

Annie@ A view on design June 25, 2010 at 1:07 am

that is a pretty fabulous loft!
.-= Annie@ A view on design´s last blog ..Oh dear Adelaide… =-.

angela | the painted house June 25, 2010 at 5:24 am

Aw, man, she’s leaving Atlanta? I was about to call her up to do lunch or something. :)

I do like her space. It is so serene.
.-= angela | the painted house´s last blog ..Cottage Guests =-.

Amanda @ Serenity Now June 25, 2010 at 6:37 am

I am so envious of her bookshelves!!!
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..one9designs Giveaway! =-.

linda@LimeintheCoconut June 25, 2010 at 7:44 am

Love the windows and light and view…and the bookshelf/fireplace wall. The “womb” entry, not so much…
.-= linda@LimeintheCoconut´s last blog ..Clean and green…. =-.

Penny June 25, 2010 at 8:27 am

What a great space with interesting angles and spectacular view of the city. As someone else said, the decorating is not my cup of tea either. I find it rather stark and cold, but, wow, could I dress it up! Fun post. Thank you.
.-= Penny´s last blog ..A dark and stormy night . . . =-.

Lesley @ TheDesignFile June 25, 2010 at 9:57 am

I love that table and chairs. I can just imagine sitting around it with a group of friends and having dinner. It seems perfect.
.-= Lesley @ TheDesignFile´s last blog ..Meridian Park home is perfect for entertaining =-.

hip hip gin gin June 25, 2010 at 10:08 am

That loft is so fantastic, I would move in today if I could!! I can see why she would be sad to leave it, definitely.
.-= hip hip gin gin´s last blog ..Pineapple Rum Cocktail =-.

Leah June 25, 2010 at 11:34 am

Love all the space!
.-= Leah´s last blog ..First guest blogger! Will from Bright Bazaar =-.

Polly June 25, 2010 at 11:46 am

I am SO not a contemporary kind of girl when it comes to decor, but for some reason I am in love with this loft! And I actually like the lack of color because it makes it feel calming and serene. I LOVE how she used just that touch of pink on the walls too … what a fabulous color!!!!

(Her telling us there was a mirror in the canopy of her bed … maybe a little TMI.)
.-= Polly´s last blog ..Deep fried treats. =-.

Kim June 25, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Cool space, but not for me. It needs more color and design.

T. June 25, 2010 at 2:22 pm

It looks like a shopping mall to me. A bit sterile and lacking warmth. I’m sure she’s sad to leave it, though.

Kelly, Arte Styling June 25, 2010 at 3:08 pm

I had no idea Jane Fonda had a blog. I also had no idea she loved white so much. I hope sunny California (never mind that it’s 61 degrees and overcast today) inspires her to bring a little more life into her new home! Jane, if you need some color consulting assistance, give me a call!
.-= Kelly, Arte Styling´s last blog ..Interior Design Trend 1965: Dress Like Your Windows =-.

Dawn June 25, 2010 at 5:43 pm

It’s not for me. It’s too office-y and cold.

Seems like a good place for a brainstorming business meeting but I wouldn’t want to live there and could never call it “home”.

Susan S June 25, 2010 at 8:23 pm

A bit austere for me, but if I had oodles of money, I’d love it as a second or third place! I shall dream on…

Nita June 27, 2010 at 2:59 pm

I can’t stand the woman for her actions in the 70s. I can watch her movies if she is funny, and I like to see her get the wrong end of the stick in comedies such as Mother-in-Law. I don’t care where she lives.

The Little Red Shop June 28, 2010 at 2:33 am

Two words….airport terminal.

: p

Julie M.
.-= The Little Red Shop´s last blog ..Little Red Shopgirls =-.

Janie June 29, 2010 at 12:56 pm

It doesn’t surprise me that she has such a cold frigid home…I really dislike pretty much everything about it.

Bob May 20, 2011 at 10:20 am

I dont see the North Vietnamese flag anywhere?

{ 1 trackback }