Jane Fonda’s Loft For Sale in Atlanta

Jane Fonda

Jane Fonda recently announced on her blog that she is leaving Atlanta after 19 years and moving back to L.A. She says, “It has been my home and I have been very happy here. I came here with Ted Turner and when we separated, I stayed. It’s been 10 years since then. I built myself a loft that I truly thought would be my home till I died. I love it so.”

Jane Fonda's Atlanta Loft 1

She says the decision to move to L.A. was difficult but necessary: “I decided it was time to be an actor again.” She already has several new movies coming out this year, and more in the works.

Jane Fonda's Atlanta Loft 2

Fonda has been dating music producer Richard Perry, who also lives in L.A., and she cites him as one of her reasons for moving.

I love this fireplace wall with the floor-to-ceiling bookshelves:

Jane Fonda's Atlanta Loft 4

All photos by Nathan Martin. You can see the rest, including her bedroom with the glass fireplace in it, here. The property is being handled by Atlanta Fine Homes Sotheby’s International Realty.

P.S. Visit Celebrity Houses to see more famous digs!

Comments

This is strange for me to say, but I kind of like it. I’d need more color, but I love the open loft feel and that table is fabulous. LA seems a better fit for her.

I really like it, fresh, clean and airy! Very cool, and I love the art too, especially in the dining area.
    Cindy

Saw all the photos of the loft on her blog – beautiful home but not my cup of tea. Her bed is interesting! So great that she blogs and even answers comments – I like her even more now. Fun looking at photos on her blog of her “workout” days.
    .-= Vanessa@decor happy´s last blog ..Client Project…Family Room =-.

What a great space with interesting angles and spectacular view of the city. As someone else said, the decorating is not my cup of tea either. I find it rather stark and cold, but, wow, could I dress it up! Fun post. Thank you.
    .-= Penny´s last blog ..A dark and stormy night . . . =-.

I am SO not a contemporary kind of girl when it comes to decor, but for some reason I am in love with this loft! And I actually like the lack of color because it makes it feel calming and serene. I LOVE how she used just that touch of pink on the walls too … what a fabulous color!!!!

(Her telling us there was a mirror in the canopy of her bed … maybe a little TMI.)
    .-= Polly´s last blog ..Deep fried treats. =-.

6. T. says

It looks like a shopping mall to me. A bit sterile and lacking warmth. I’m sure she’s sad to leave it, though.

7. Dawn says

It’s not for me. It’s too office-y and cold.

Seems like a good place for a brainstorming business meeting but I wouldn’t want to live there and could never call it “home”.

8. Susan S says

A bit austere for me, but if I had oodles of money, I’d love it as a second or third place! I shall dream on…

9. Nita says

I can’t stand the woman for her actions in the 70s. I can watch her movies if she is funny, and I like to see her get the wrong end of the stick in comedies such as Mother-in-Law. I don’t care where she lives.

10. Janie says

It doesn’t surprise me that she has such a cold frigid home…I really dislike pretty much everything about it.