Conan O’Brien’s House in Brentwood, California

by hookedonhouses on May 6, 2010

Conan O'BrienDid you watch Steve Kroft’s interview with Conan O’Brien on “60 Minutes” earlier this week? It was conducted at O’Brien’s house in Brentwood, California, and it reminded me that I had done a post about it over two years ago. In fact, it was the first celebrity post I ever wrote!

So of course I had to look up the photos and compare them to the rooms we saw in the interview. Here’s how the house looked in the listing when he bought it:

Conan O'Brien's Brentwood CA house

Conan purchased it for about $10 million when he was preparing to move to the West Coast for “The Tonight Show” in early 2008. The listing described it as a New England traditional with 6 fireplaces, a paneled library with a bar, a 60-ft veranda, an outdoor kitchen, a screening room, a spa, a 1,500-bottle wine room, and “magical canyon views.”

In case you missed the interview, which gives us glimpses of the family room, pool area and kitchen, here’s part of it (you can see the second half here):

Visit my Celebrity Houses page for more!

Barbara H. May 6, 2010 at 7:08 am

Thanks. That was funny and sad both. I’m so glad Conan was able to move on and into his own creativity.

linda@LimeintheCoconut May 6, 2010 at 7:22 am

Dayum…I totally forgot I was on your blog…and was ensconced in the 60 minute interview. NBC totally blows as far as I see it.
.-= linda@LimeintheCoconut´s last blog ..Coconut Grove….I just LOVE the name… =-.

Annie@ A view on design May 6, 2010 at 7:39 am

yeah, that’s not too shabby is it!
.-= Annie@ A view on design´s last blog ..Contemporary Subiaco Style =-.

Nichole May 6, 2010 at 7:54 am

Thanks for posting this. I meant to watch the interview and completely forgot. I’m definitely with Coco!
.-= Nichole´s last blog ..What Are You Reading? =-.

hip hip gin gin May 6, 2010 at 10:07 am

This reminds me I still have to watch that interview. What a gorgeous house! I feel so sad for him, he moved across the country (and all his crew as well), uprooted his family and then had it just yanked away. I wonder where his next show is taping, if he will stay in this house or need to move again?
.-= hip hip gin gin´s last blog ..‘Tis Better to Give =-.

Jackie W. May 6, 2010 at 10:22 am

Conan starts on TBS soon right before Lopez. Lopez moves an hour back.

Conan’s bank account did ok. NBC had to pay him to cancel his contract.

Conan’s hair needs it’s own zip code. It scares me.

Sara @ Russet Street Reno May 6, 2010 at 11:23 am

Wow, what a beautiful celebrity home! Sometimes they are so tacky, but I suppose this isn’t his furnishings, anyway. Love the paneling in the dining and screening rooms. Perfect wall colors, too!
.-= Sara @ Russet Street Reno´s last blog ..Finally =-.

Janet @ I Drink at Restaurants May 6, 2010 at 11:52 am

I feel the need to paint something cobalt blue! LOVE the dining room and the under-cabinet lighting in what appears to be a butler’s pantry- brilliant!
.-= Janet @ I Drink at Restaurants´s last blog ..Saturday Night Supper Club =-.

Pat May 6, 2010 at 1:00 pm

I wouldn’t mind sitting by that pool. Nope not one little bit!
.-= Pat´s last blog ..Craving Tofu – NOT =-.

Kristin @ Domestic Ease May 6, 2010 at 1:19 pm

So crazy, because as I was watching it while cooking dinner and with a toddler pulling on me, all I could focus on was the house he was in!! It was GORGEOUS…exquisite taste!!! Thank you for posting!! ;)
.-= Kristin @ Domestic Ease´s last blog ..Etsy Green =-.

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger May 6, 2010 at 2:20 pm

That home is DELICIOUS!
.-= the BLAH BLAH BLAHger´s last blog ..Extreme Blog Makeover =-.

Amanda @ Serenity Now May 6, 2010 at 2:21 pm

I. want. that. pool!!! The (master?) bath is amazing too. :)
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..The Shabby Chic Cottage =-.

Darla May 6, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Gorgeous house! Either way – he’s a blessed man!

Kim May 6, 2010 at 5:25 pm

I love O’Brien’s house. It’s so nice. He actually has nice taste whereas, most celebrities don’t when it comes time to houses. I could totally see myself living in a house like that.

Tracy @ Comfort&Luxury May 6, 2010 at 7:15 pm

What a beautiful home. It seems so “normal” for a super-millionaire and that’s awfully refreshing. I did see the interview and was pretty impressed with him. But I’d try hard to be the bigger person too if I got 30 mil to go away. It’s all relative though, isn’t it?
.-= Tracy @ Comfort&Luxury´s last blog ..Another Layered Art Idea =-.

Jenny May 6, 2010 at 11:16 pm

I have always loved Conan. I think NBC stinks for what they did to him. I’m so glad he’ll have another show.

I have never liked Leno and I’m not sure how he’s had a job for this long. His jokes aren’t funny at all.
.-= Jenny´s last blog ..Links I Like: 13th Edition =-.

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints May 7, 2010 at 8:27 am

His home is so beautiful. Thanks for the interview. I really enjoyed watching it. I never did really follow what happened, so now I feel up to speed. Sad for his loss, but hard to feel too bad for him. Can you imagine all that money? Now he gets to go spread his wings in another direction. Good for him.
.-= Becky @ Farmgirl Paints´s last blog ..The Road to Hana =-.

Marija May 7, 2010 at 8:45 am

I would have never expected this! There is a total elegance about it…I love it! Happy to see a kitchen that is beautiful and timeless without being white (though I do love me a good white kitchen :)

Marija
.-= Marija´s last blog ..Shop Like A Design Blogger =-.

Karen Ho Fatt May 7, 2010 at 9:06 am

Lovely home. Mighty massive though. I cannot imagine having to clean such a thing! I guess for the wealthy, money no object!
Publisher,familyfirepit.com
.-= Karen Ho Fatt´s last blog ..Landmann Super Sky Fire Pit =-.

Sheryl May 7, 2010 at 9:37 am

Beautiful house. I love that the fridge had their kids artwork on the fridge. It seems like a very real home.

Karena May 7, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Julia, very nice home, and I am so glad he did the interview. A very fun talented guy!!

Karena
Art by Karena
.-= Karena´s last blog ..Opening Night Art Exhibit & Reception =-.

merann June 10, 2010 at 5:47 am

he matches the house, lol his like the male version of the stepford wives, not to make fun or anything.