Conan O’Brien’s House in Brentwood, California

Conan O'BrienDid you catch Steve Kroft’s interview with Conan O’Brien on 60 Minutes? It was conducted at O’Brien’s house in Brentwood, California, so of course I had to look up the listing photos to see more of it. Here’s how the house looked when he bought it:

Conan O'Brien's Brentwood CA house

Conan purchased it for about $10 million when he was preparing to move to the West Coast for The Tonight Show in early 2008. The listing described it as a New England traditional with 6 fireplaces, a paneled library with a bar, a 60-ft veranda, an outdoor kitchen, a screening room, a spa, a 1,500-bottle wine room, and “magical canyon views.”

Visit my Celebrity Houses page to see more, including…

Andie MacDowell's Arts and Crafts-Style Tudor |

Daryl Hall Restores Revolutionary War-Era House in New York |
When I heard that Daryl Hall--the taller, blonder half of the popular "rock and soul" duo Hall & Oates--was selling his house in Amenia, New…
People magazine cover-Sandra Bullock baby
As People magazine announced in a recent cover story, Sandra Bullock has filed for divorce from Jesse James, secretly adopted a baby boy named Louis,…

1. Barbara H. says

Thanks. That was funny and sad both. I’m so glad Conan was able to move on and into his own creativity.

This reminds me I still have to watch that interview. What a gorgeous house! I feel so sad for him, he moved across the country (and all his crew as well), uprooted his family and then had it just yanked away. I wonder where his next show is taping, if he will stay in this house or need to move again?
    .-= hip hip gin gin´s last blog ..‘Tis Better to Give =-.

3. Jackie W. says

Conan starts on TBS soon right before Lopez. Lopez moves an hour back.

Conan’s bank account did ok. NBC had to pay him to cancel his contract.

Conan’s hair needs it’s own zip code. It scares me.

Wow, what a beautiful celebrity home! Sometimes they are so tacky, but I suppose this isn’t his furnishings, anyway. Love the paneling in the dining and screening rooms. Perfect wall colors, too!
    .-= Sara @ Russet Street Reno´s last blog ..Finally =-.

So crazy, because as I was watching it while cooking dinner and with a toddler pulling on me, all I could focus on was the house he was in!! It was GORGEOUS…exquisite taste!!! Thank you for posting!! 😉
    .-= Kristin @ Domestic Ease´s last blog ..Etsy Green =-.

6. Kim says

I love O’Brien’s house. It’s so nice. He actually has nice taste whereas, most celebrities don’t when it comes time to houses. I could totally see myself living in a house like that.

What a beautiful home. It seems so “normal” for a super-millionaire and that’s awfully refreshing. I did see the interview and was pretty impressed with him. But I’d try hard to be the bigger person too if I got 30 mil to go away. It’s all relative though, isn’t it?
    .-= Tracy @ Comfort&Luxury´s last blog ..Another Layered Art Idea =-.

I have always loved Conan. I think NBC stinks for what they did to him. I’m so glad he’ll have another show.

I have never liked Leno and I’m not sure how he’s had a job for this long. His jokes aren’t funny at all.
    .-= Jenny´s last blog ..Links I Like: 13th Edition =-.

His home is so beautiful. Thanks for the interview. I really enjoyed watching it. I never did really follow what happened, so now I feel up to speed. Sad for his loss, but hard to feel too bad for him. Can you imagine all that money? Now he gets to go spread his wings in another direction. Good for him.
    .-= Becky @ Farmgirl Paints´s last blog ..The Road to Hana =-.

I would have never expected this! There is a total elegance about it…I love it! Happy to see a kitchen that is beautiful and timeless without being white (though I do love me a good white kitchen :)

.-= Marija´s last blog ..Shop Like A Design Blogger =-.

11. Sheryl says

Beautiful house. I love that the fridge had their kids artwork on the fridge. It seems like a very real home.

12. merann says

he matches the house, lol his like the male version of the stepford wives, not to make fun or anything.