The Top 10 Celebrity Houses of 2009

These were the 10 Most Popular Celebrity Houses I featured in ’09. How many can you guess from my clues? Click the pics for answers!

Celebrity House #1:

#1 celebrity kitchen

Clue: This husband and wife team are everywhere–reality TV, TV movies, tell-all books, and tabloids.

orange lineCelebrity House #2:

#2 celebrity house

Clue: This famous couple brought twin girls home this year.

orange line

Celebrity House #3:

#3 celebrity house

Clue: This actress made 8 movies with Woody Allen and won an Oscar for one of them.
orange line

Celebrity House #4:

#4 celebrity house

Clue: This actor had a tough year, losing several homes–including this one–to foreclosure.

orange line

Celebrity House #5:

#5 celebrity house
Clue: This actress plays the matriarch to a large and often-troubled family on TV.

orange line

Celebrity House #6:

#6 celebrity house

Clue: This model is almost as famous for her failed marriages as she is for her Sports Illustrated covers.

orange lineCelebrity House #7:

#7 celebrity house

Clue: In 1993, People Magazine didn’t name a “Sexiest Man Alive;” instead, they named this actor and his then-supermodel wife “Sexiest Couple.”

orange lineCelebrity House #8:

#8 celebrity house

Clue: This actor told us to call him “Octodad” this year, but I chose not to.

orange line

Celebrity House #9:

#9 celebrity house

Clue: It’s hard to imagine this mega star and her Louboutins feeling at home in this Colonial on Long Island.

orange lineCelebrity House #10:

#10 celebrity house

Clue: This beloved TV star and her house were portrayed in a popular movie this year.

Did you guess all of them? Any of them? Now check out the Top 10 Movie Houses of 2009!

Ina Garten in her living room
Ina Garten, known to millions of foodies as "The Barefoot Contessa," has an apartment in Manhattan featured in House Beautiful. I love this quote of…
Alan Jackson photo
Popular country singer Alan Jackson lives in a 19,000 square-foot house known as Sweetbriar. It sits on 135 acres in Franklin, Tennessee, and it can…

Comments

I guessed a few of them! Some of those were posts I missed…can’t wait to be nosy and look through their houses. 😉 Happy New Year!
    .-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..Rewind =-.

hi…i just found you while i was searching practical magic sites. i think you would be interested in my blog. i post about my house and gardens often and i also own the original practical magic spellbook from the movie. i have posted lots of pics of it. today i put up my first post of the dollhouse i am going to transform into the practical magic house. just thought you might want to have a look. happy new year!
    .-= jaz´s last blog ..Practical Magic House =-.

I’m so happy to have found your blog this year, Julia! I’m looking forward to seeing what you have in store for the next!

A wonderful New Year to you!

Julie M.

ps Have you thought about Winona Ryder’s “Little Women?” I was a docent at FIDM ages ago when all of the Academy Award nominated costumes were on display for that year…including some from “Little Women.” I’m watching it right now…the houses are just lovely. : )
    .-= The Little Red Shop´s last blog ..Hap…Hap…Hap… =-.

4. Kim says

Great Post! I only got 3 right. I hope you have a great New Year’s!

Julia – It was sooo much fun to look through these previous posts. And I love the way you made it a little game. I guessed a few but not as many as I should have. I’m going to include this post in my Sunday roundup.

Thanks for all the fantastic posts you’ve had in 2009 and I really look forward to everything you’ll have in 2010.

Cheers!
    .-= Lesley @ TheDesignFile´s last blog ..Design resolutions: The kitchen, wallpaper & more =-.

6. Nathan says

I got Tori Spelling, Nicolas Cage, Sally Field and Jennifer Lopez right. The other two I had no clue.

7. greenie says

I got most of them, but it’s due solely on regularly reading your blog! :-)
    Happy New Year Julia!

I didn’t get any right but I love Tori Spelling’s white kitchen and those wood floors. I put up a new post asking for design help in my dining room. It you have time I would love your input.

Not only am I hooked on houses, I’m hooked on your blog, just found it a few weeks ago and I have to tell you it’s terrific!! Looking forward to seeing lots in 2010!
    .-= Laurie Jones´s last blog ..ZGallerie =-.

Hey Julia,

Just love going “through the keyhole” with you on your blog!! Hands down favourite for me – Diane Keaton’s home.

Thanks for taking the time to stop over and comment on my blog…so appreciated.

Best wishes from Ireland

Mrs C x
    .-= Mrs C´s last blog ..Not sure about the curves….? =-.

I absolutely love the vibration of these houses and there is so much history that is being created and because of their high status will forever be the house that a famous movie star lived in. Im not sure if thats a good thing or not. Things may seem glamorous on the inside but imagine how stressed out they would be with that nice bathtub and nice comfortable bed. Lol…