Charlie Sheen’s Mediterranean-Style Home in L.A.

by hookedonhouses on October 29, 2009

charlie-sheen

Charlie Sheen and his wife Brooke Mueller have put their Mediterranean-style home on the market for $3.7 million in the Los Feliz neighborhood of L.A. It’s a beautiful home. Here are some photos from the listing (Sotheby’s International Realty):

charlie-sheen-exterior

wood-ceiling-foyer

foyer-to-living-room

living-room4

dining-room4

charlie-sheen-green-kitchen

desk-and-windows

upstairs-sunroom

master-bedroom3

master-bath

Brooke Mueller and Charlie Sheen have been married for about a year and have twin baby boys named Bob and Max.

11/2010 UPDATE: After a rocky year–understatementthey are divorcing.

charlie-sheen-and-brooke-mueller

One of Sheen’s first roles was a small one in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. He looked so young! (To see my post about the houses from Ferris Bueller, click here.)

charlie-sheen-ferris-bueller

Visit my Celebrity Homes page to see more, like Christie Brinkley’s Hamptons Home and Diane Keaton’s Spanish Colonial.

Sarah Jones October 29, 2009 at 9:00 am

I think I would get lost in that house, but I like it!
.-= Sarah Jones´s last blog ..DIY:: pumpkin flower arrangements =-.

greenie October 29, 2009 at 9:16 am

Whew! What a beauty! Fantastic house inside and out! Love all the interior design except for the dining room–doesn’t work for me at all, except maybe the wolf print. Also, LOVE the way the glass tiles in the master shower are stacked vertically instead of horizontal. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it done that way before. Thanks for the link!

Courtney @ Nesting Instincts October 29, 2009 at 9:19 am

Gasp!! I normally don’t love this style of home, but oh my word! This is gorgeous! Very tasteful and light and bright…the architecture really shines. Love it Julia!!!
.-= Courtney @ Nesting Instincts´s last blog ..a vintage modern nursery =-.

black eyed susans kitchen October 29, 2009 at 9:21 am

My husband and I could be very happy in a place like that!! It has a nice flow to it and is decorated with comfort in mind.
?, Susan
.-= black eyed susans kitchen´s last blog ..DINNER FIT FOR A WITCH =-.

Vicki October 29, 2009 at 9:56 am

It’s not really my style but it is beautiful!! =)
.-= Vicki´s last blog ..Can’t stop thinkin’ about Christmas! =-.

Jen @ After The Alter October 29, 2009 at 10:04 am

I LOVE that house! I went to Greece for my honeymoon and came home saying I wanted to go with a mediteranian style…problem is that costs money!!! So that will just have to wait till I become rich!
.-= Jen @ After The Alter´s last blog ..Haunted By Halloweens Past! =-.

Stephanie October 29, 2009 at 10:09 am

WOW…beautiful interior pics!
.-= Stephanie´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday – our first! =-.

janice October 29, 2009 at 10:22 am

The good news is, your site confirms for me every week that even if I had loads of cash, I wouldn’t get a place with massive rooms. There’s just something about them that leaves me cold. (Maybe it’s because I live in Scotland and it physically is cold and harder to heat big rooms and get cosy in them!

I love the crispness the black accents give to the white spaces, but oh my goodness I couldn’t live with that skin on the floor under the table!
.-= janice´s last blog ..Does anxiety make you over-explain? =-.

Janet October 29, 2009 at 10:45 am

Loooooooove it!

Amy October 29, 2009 at 10:47 am

I *love* that house. It’s absolutely beautiful, I couldn’t imagine selling it.
.-= Amy´s last blog ..The Most Fabulous Day =-.

Janelle October 29, 2009 at 10:47 am

I love it! I especially like the kitchen. The green is very charming and engaging.

Kelly R. October 29, 2009 at 10:53 am

The outside areas of this house are my favorite, the inside…not so much. The whitewash on the walls would drive me crazy. A couple of shades softer would be much more inviting and not require sunglasses while inside your own home. I think this place must have been decorated while he was single. There doesn’t seem to be ANY influence of a female going on here.

Amanda @ Serenity Now October 29, 2009 at 11:34 am

Look at all those windows!! Stunning. :) The light really opens the place up…I bet it costs a fortune in Windex though. ;)
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..To Whom It May Concern: =-.

Janet October 29, 2009 at 11:49 am

How is she holding up that dress??? Yeah, I saw the little straps, but sheesh, guess I am just getting old!
.-= Janet´s last blog .. =-.

Chrissy October 29, 2009 at 11:50 am

This place is gorgeous! I really love the look of the exterior!
.-= Chrissy´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday =-.

cathleen October 29, 2009 at 12:16 pm

Amazing! and they don’t live there full time? I adore the Rich Dark floors and white walls!

xoxo,
Cathleen

Jamie October 29, 2009 at 12:45 pm

I absolutely love this house! Mediterranean style is one of my most favorites! I’m a big fan of Charlie Sheen’s and now I’m a fan of his house! Wow! Would love to live there, I could never leave!

Pat October 29, 2009 at 1:09 pm

3.7 Million? I’ll pass. Too close to the neighbors!
I did notice that his designer has the common scense not to hang a mirror over the fireplace, I’m still working on mine, and it’s driving me crazy! LOL. I’ve also just learned of the 3 plus 1 decorating trick for mantles..not I’m really obsessing!
.-= Pat´s last blog ..IT ISN’T EASY BEING GREEN =-.

kelly October 29, 2009 at 1:11 pm

it’s HU-UGE! wow.

just found your blog… i am DEFINITELY hooked on houses: http://tearinguphouses.blogspot.com

kelly
.-= kelly´s last blog ..Ninth Bag Of Mail =-.

Kim October 29, 2009 at 3:09 pm

The interior is nice, but it’s too white for me. I wouldn’t want to sit on the furniture or touch anything because I would be afraid to get it dirty.

living with lindsay October 29, 2009 at 3:12 pm

I love it, but I’m a white bedding/white furniture gal. I also have a weird love of Charlie Sheen, so that probably just makes me love his house.
.-= living with lindsay´s last blog ..Ridding the World of Mushrooms =-.

devil October 29, 2009 at 3:23 pm

Usually, I love Mediterranean-style houses but this just doesn’t grab me. It’s too white and blah and that sickly green in the kitchen would kill my appetite every time.

Other than some nice windows, this house lacks character to me.

Slowish Food October 29, 2009 at 3:24 pm

This is lovely! I love the open floor plan and how unassuming it is for a Hollywood house.
.-= Slowish Food´s last blog ..A Very Truant Rose’s Heavenly Cakes Bake-Through =-.

karen October 29, 2009 at 5:34 pm

I really like his dining room. Is it just me, or does his wife need to pull up the top of her dress. I was worried she was going to have a Janet Jackson incident at any moment.

hookedonhouses October 29, 2009 at 6:35 pm

Karen–
I think the dress may be just a tad too small for her…
-Julia :)

Heather October 29, 2009 at 7:14 pm

So lovely. I think that sunroom (at least that’s what I THINK it is!) looks great!
Have a happy Halloween!
.-= Heather´s last blog ..Halloween Spirit =-.

micah October 29, 2009 at 7:44 pm

Beautiful! Love the kitchen.
.-= micah´s last blog ..Kitchen Update 10/28/09 (Countertops!) =-.

Nita Hiltner October 29, 2009 at 7:54 pm

Too white for me, but lovely. My fav is the kitchen with those green cabinets and that flagstone floor. Charlie certainly isn’t as white as the driven snow, so it’s funny his house is so white.

Why @? October 29, 2009 at 9:28 pm

Yeah, too much white. But I like the landscaping and the architecture in general. And it’s in a fabulous neighborhood.
.-= Why @?´s last blog ..Red House Furniture – Not Just for Red People in Red Houses on Red Hills =-.

Kristin@Bouelvard Interior Design October 29, 2009 at 9:29 pm

Love it!! The dining room is to die!

Pat's Addition October 29, 2009 at 10:21 pm

Love the windows, arches, outside spaces…but too white and hard edged for me. They must have 1 nanny/kid. The stairs can’t be gated (at least the pool is) and the hide rug?…I know what twin boys get into!
.-= Pat’s Addition´s last blog ..Beach Time 2 =-.

Tracy October 30, 2009 at 1:38 am

I don’t know about this one, Julia. Way too many bright white planes and furniture and finishes that are trying too hard to be cool. Too many huge spaces, not enough intimacy. I’ve just read Kathryn Ireland’s book about the reno of her Spanish Colonial estate in Ojai CA. All the interior walls are white and the rooms quite large but there’s a coziness and human quality… the home looks like someone might actually live there. Of course the fact that I think Charlie Sheen is completely icky might be coloring my opinion but only a smidge. And I do love the grounds.
.-= Tracy´s last blog ..Marigolds and Oranges =-.

E. George October 30, 2009 at 2:30 am

Hi Julia I must say it would be nice to be lost in this house WOW love the Spanish colonial styles and the grounds beautiful…. The kitchen is a nice size and the colour is great. Thanks Julia …… Regards from a very warm Sydney…..

Annie@A View on Design October 30, 2009 at 5:52 am

it’s funny how you say he looks so young back in FBDO, because to me, he’s hardly aged!!! I spose it’s the old timeless hollywooder syndrome… lol
.-= Annie@A View on Design´s last blog ..Walk to Parliament House from home… =-.

Celebrity Digs HQ October 30, 2009 at 2:28 pm

Julia! It’s stunning! You know we’ve featured a lot of spanish mediterranean celebrity homes in the past few weeks (Meg Ryan, Christina Ricci, James Franco, and most recently Dorothy Dandridge and Samantha Harris). Gotta say, we love these types of houses and we love Charlie Sheen’s house too!
.-= Celebrity Digs HQ´s last blog ..Celebrity Home of the Week: Dorothy Dandridge’s Former Home =-.

Katie October 31, 2009 at 1:13 am

There is something so “1990′s” about this place.

Joel December 19, 2009 at 12:17 am

This is crazy good!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com November 7, 2010 at 5:28 am

A wolf in the dining room?
.-= Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com´s last blog ..Cover to Covet- Gorgeous Costume =-.

white November 8, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Better than a wolf at the door.

It’s white…just like Charlie’s nostrils.

Frances January 28, 2011 at 11:45 pm

I like it especially the kitchen.

Jon March 1, 2011 at 2:47 am

I love mediterranean style homes. This ones great.

Brenda March 4, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I love the inside, especially the arched windows. The outside is a tad too white for me. The artwork is also fab.

Lori-Anne March 4, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Is that tiger blood I see on the rug under the kitchen table?? ;-)

Nita March 4, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Supposedly, he’s buying his neighbor’s house for $7.5 million. Pocket change to him.

Rachel August 23, 2011 at 11:12 pm

I would have banged Charlie in a second when Ferris Bueller came out.

{ 6 trackbacks }