Sienna Miller’s London Home (Turkish Spa Included)

by hookedonhouses on October 6, 2009

Sienna Miller photo

Actress Sienna Miller has put her 2 bedroom, 2 bath house in London on the market for £995,000 (roughly $1.5 million).

Sienna Miller's house 1

I’m not sure what you call this style exactly. It’s sort of contemporary with some Moroccan lanterns hanging here and there. Oh, and I see a pair of antlers, which means she probably read Domino before it folded. That magazine loved rooms with antlers, didn’t it?

Sienna Miller's house 2

Check out the bookshelves that hold no books–but plenty of hats. Considering how often we’ve seen Sienna wearing them, I guess it makes sense that she would need someplace to keep them all.

Sienna Miller's house 4

The house boasts a “Turkish Spa and Sauna” in the basement. That’s right. So she can toss her hat on the shelf after a long day of filming and head downstairs to relax.

Sienna Miller's house-turkish bath

This story was first reported by the London House Hound, who writes a great blog I found recently called BrickWork. Head over there to learn more about Miller’s house and see exterior photos. You can see the listing here.

We all know about her ill-fated engagement to Jude Law. But did you know Sienna Miller dated Rhys Ifans for awhile, too?

Sienna Miller-Rhys Ifans

If he looks familiar, it’s because he played Hugh’s scruffy Welsh flatmate Spike in the romantic comedy Notting Hill. Maybe this scene from the movie will jog your memory:

blue door-spike

You can see the post I wrote about Notting Hill, along with more photos of Ifan’s character Spike, here.

Visit Celebrity Houses for links to all the other famous homes I’ve featured. The most popular this week: Christie Brinkley and Nicolas Cage.

Tiffany cupcake charm

P.S. Isn’t this pink cupcake charm from Tiffany sweet? Party Cupcake Ideas is giving one away, along with a sterling silver chain worth $200. Click here to enter!

Melody @ Party Cupcake Ideas October 6, 2009 at 11:11 pm

That Turkish spa is really amazing. I lost count of all the pillows they have on the couches :)
.-= Melody @ Party Cupcake Ideas´s last blog ..Mary Had A Little Lamb Cupcakes =-.

Mom in High Heels October 7, 2009 at 12:53 am

Other than the spa (which is a bit on the garish side), the house is complete crap. It needs some serious staging. And why do celebs go out of their way to look frumpy and bored?
.-= Mom in High Heels´s last blog ..Random Thoughts Tuesday! =-.

Julie October 7, 2009 at 4:05 am

Hi Julia
Funny post.. I can’t even look at that spa! I had to scroll past fast.
However, I cannot believe how ‘human’ Rhys looks in his normal attire!! not saying great.. but human.. hahahaha
Have a great week. Julie
.-= Julie´s last blog ..IF IT’S TUESDAY: This must be Samos =-.

Puna October 7, 2009 at 6:00 am

That Turkish bath is a hoot. It’s nice in an outlandish kind of way:) She’s beautiful, I don’t know even know who she is:)
.-= Puna´s last blog ..Corner View ~ Cherry Blossoms And Reconciliation =-.

Annie@A View on Design October 7, 2009 at 6:17 am

You know I would have thought she would have a more glamourous pad, but there you go! The spa is a bit strange in it’s setting too… Maybe she has other homes…
.-= Annie@A View on Design´s last blog ..Clever Casual Styling in East Malvern, VIC =-.

Amanda @ Serenity Now October 7, 2009 at 7:09 am

I like the actual spa. I think. Just not sure about the whole Turkish theme. I also like the idea of hats on bookshelves, but don’t like all the empty space above them.
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..Decorating Dilemmas Party…Round 3! =-.

Amy October 7, 2009 at 7:33 am

That house could double as a post on the ‘It’s Lovely, I’ll Take it!’ blog that makes fun of real estate listings. The top floor could not possibly be more boring or uninspired, and the spa, while kind of cool, just seems ridiculous in a house that only has 2 bedrooms. Is it really a wise investment of space to devote an entire floor to a turkish spa?

Sarah @ Dream In Domestic October 7, 2009 at 7:55 am

Wow, I guess if I had unlimited funds and unlimited space, why not add in a Turkish spa, otherwise I don’t think it’s very practical, especially for a two bedroom house. It is pretty awesome though and looks like it would be very relaxing.
.-= Sarah @ Dream In Domestic´s last blog ..Revamping Recipes: Zucchini-Pepperoni Pizza Frittata =-.

Erin October 7, 2009 at 8:01 am

It looks like there is a whole bazaars worth of pillows in that Turkish Spa!

This is a place that could be great, but it doesn’t look very lived in. It looks like she traveled a lot and brought back cool stuff but had no time to stage it in her house.

I wonder what was on those top bookshelves with the hats. Someone took something off of there or it looks like it. Why have hats piled on top of each other below and empty shelves up top?
.-= Erin´s last blog ..Apple Brown Betty Recipe =-.

Janet Doherty October 7, 2009 at 8:16 am

Hummmm…very interesting basement….just keep thinking of her and B.Getty…
The bath is beautiful.
Hope you are doing well…
All my best.
Janet
.-= Janet Doherty´s last blog ..Let me tell you a story… =-.

Cher October 7, 2009 at 9:50 am

Whoa. Someone clearly doesn’t have kids and doesn’t plan to! ;-P

Sarah October 7, 2009 at 9:57 am

Her place isn’t super exciting…I guess she spends most of her time in the turkish basement!!
.-= Sarah´s last blog ..open house today! =-.

janice October 7, 2009 at 10:01 am

Sienna Miller is one of those folk I can’t remember seeing in anything much but who seems to have become/remained famous despite that. i get the feeling most of her relaxation time probably gets spent in the basement; her sofas upstairs and the living room itself don’t look very inviting or cosy.
.-= janice´s last blog ..Berries and Birds =-.

Nathan October 7, 2009 at 11:50 am

I love how deep that tub is!

The Blushing Hostess October 7, 2009 at 12:33 pm

Quite a change from the cool and sober white rooms to wow! Turkish spa. When this first appeared at realestalker I was awed by the dichotomy in the place, and like you, noted the absolute absense of books…
.-= The Blushing Hostess´s last blog ..finestationery.com Reader Giveaway =-.

Morning T October 7, 2009 at 1:17 pm

OMG I love her house and that turkish bath is to die for!! Great post.
.-= Morning T´s last blog ..Decadence =-.

DesignTies October 7, 2009 at 1:25 pm

No, wouldn’t want a house with a Turkish spa in the basement. A house in our neighbourhood was up for sale for over a year — I suspect the indoor swimming pool that you can see from the street turned off a lot of potential buyers. I saw pictures of the interior, and it’s quite nice inside overall.

Kelly
.-= DesignTies´s last blog ..Happiness is a warm puppy =-.

Jen @ After The Alter October 7, 2009 at 1:58 pm

Wow that spa looks amazing!!!! I want to hang out in there:)
.-= Jen @ After The Alter´s last blog ..Our Family At The Pumpkin Patch =-.

Struggler October 7, 2009 at 2:00 pm

Interesting house; I quite like her style but am not wild about antlers :)
The hats in the bookcase are a very nice touch though!

Candy @ SoBella Creations October 7, 2009 at 3:14 pm

The turkish spa would have to go. I would renovate that space for sure.
.-= Candy @ SoBella Creations´s last blog ..Everything Etsy’s WOW Wednesday =-.

Kathy :) October 7, 2009 at 3:41 pm

Well this post goes to show how boring it would be if we all liked the same thing….how different is this pad ???? I don’t think I feel the urge to sit a spell !!!

Have your kids decided on what they’re going to be for Halloween ??? I bought my candy yesterday….and I always buy those cute little bags to hold the candy. It’s like a little present….I think. I had one Mother tell me that when they go through the candy to check, she immediately knows which one came from us :) Not too many people do it I guess !!

Kathy :)

Gayle at Mountain Moma October 7, 2009 at 9:31 pm

I adore books, flowers, and light. Any home is lovely with all three of these. The hats is her I am sure, but I prefer the books!
.-= Gayle at Mountain Moma´s last blog ..A New Blog! =-.

Torie Jayne October 8, 2009 at 3:00 am

Hi, I love her Turkish spa, but thought i would be more impressed with the rest of her house as I love her style, Have a sweet day!

Laura Ingalls Gunn October 8, 2009 at 8:32 am

Ah, my memory of Rhys has been properly jogged! :) Love the blue bed on Beach Cottage.
.-= Laura Ingalls Gunn´s last blog ..If life was a fairytale… =-.

christy October 8, 2009 at 9:49 am

I love that turkish spa, but her living room area is kind of blah for me. Great post Julia!
.-= christy´s last blog ..NYC Shopping Advice, Por Favor =-.

Amy October 8, 2009 at 8:27 pm

Ok, this is probably mean spirited but am I the only one not surprised that her bookshelves holds no books? Very funny. I have no idea what anyone would need a Turkish spa for. I think I’ll pass.
.-= Amy´s last blog ..Catching My Breath =-.

Nancy Hood October 8, 2009 at 9:38 pm

I could sooo get into having a spa like that! and just love Spike!
.-= Nancy Hood´s last blog ..Soup, Anyone?! =-.

E. George October 9, 2009 at 2:56 am

Hi Julia – I have to tell you I can’t swim that tub for me danger….. I love the moroccan lanterns they are very expensive here in Sydney…. I was watching re-runs of Ghost Whisperer love her home and antique shop….. Also watched Hanging up with Meg Ryan for the 20th time love the house in the movie and those roses…… does anyone know what they are…….. I hope you can post some pictures of these two houses…. Thanks Julia I check your website everyday …… I love it……. Regards and best wishes …

Amy @ Living Locurto October 9, 2009 at 11:20 am

Great house tour! I can’t believe that spa. Wow!
.-= Amy @ Living Locurto´s last blog ..Free Printable Cup Sleeves =-.

FROM THE RIGHT BANK October 10, 2009 at 12:00 pm

It’s not at all what I expected her house to look like. I’m not sure what I expected but hmmmmmm……. it has a nice lived-in look about it thought and that spa is OTT! :)
.-= FROM THE RIGHT BANK´s last blog ..Today’s Crush: Suzani Tray =-.

Makennah May 11, 2010 at 10:27 am

That turkish spa is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!