Star Stylist Rachel Zoe’s Hollywood Home

by hookedonhouses on September 22, 2009

rachel-zoe-in-her-closet

Uh-oh. I just got sucked into another addictive reality show. Have you seen “The Rachel Zoe Project” on Bravo? It follows stylist-to-the-stars Rachel Zoe and her assistants Taylor and Brad as they stress out about finding the right clothes for their celebrity clients (Cameron Diaz, Liv Tyler, and Eva Mendes, to name a few).

It’s fun to see how they chose different gowns that we saw on the Red Carpet for the Oscars and the Golden Globes earlier this year. For example, remember this Armani Privé gown Anne Hathaway wore to the Academy Awards?

anne-hathaway-oscars

Well, you wouldn’t believe all the drama that went on behind the scenes to get it!

I just discovered the lovely blog Welcome Home, where Amanda Talbot interviewed Rachel Zoe (pronounced “zoh”) and posted lots of fab photos of her home in Hollywood. Here are a few of them:

rachel-zoes-house-exterior

Zoe likes to keep things minimal, simple, and uncluttered. She says her life is so chaotic that she needs her home to be a refuge of peace and calm.

rachel-zoes-house-front-door

rachel-zoes-house-1

rachel-zoes-house-2

rachel-zoes-house-4

This fur bedspread looks like something Zoe would toss over her shoulders and wear out the door:

rachel-zoes-house-bedrm

rachel-zoes-house-bathroom

Zoe’s home office:

rachel-zoes-house-office

This is how glam I look when I’m walking around my house, too:

rachel-zoe-in-gown

You can read the interesting interview with Zoe and see the rest of the photos at Welcome Home.

One of the things that fascinates me about Rachel Zoe is how she went from looking like this in 2006 (when her former client Nicole Richie infamously dubbed her “Raisin Face” after their falling-out):

rachel-zoe-2006

To looking like this three years later on her show:

rachel-zoe-2009

Now that’s some Hollywood magic!

The other amazing transformation has been the relationship between her assistants Brad and Taylor, who went from hating each other last season (at one point, Taylor gave Rachel an ultimatum: “It’s Brad or me!”) to the best of BFFs. You can read all about them in the interview they gave the LA Times.

brad-and-taylor

The Rachel Zoe Project airs on Monday nights on Bravo. Is anyone else watching?

2011 UPDATE: Wow, a lot has changed in the past 2 years. Taylor was fired, Brad quit, Jeremiah was hired, and Rachel and her husband Rodger now have a baby boy named Skyler. They sold that mid-century modern house shown above for $2.5 million and leased the one-bedroom apartment that is frequently shown on the show:

When Rachel was pregnant, they began leasing a 7,000 square-foot mansion that was formerly on the market for $8.2 million. On the show they mention that the rent is $20,000 a month.

* 10/11 UPDATE* I posted more photos of their new house, Skyler’s nursery, and how Jeremiah decorated it here.

Visit my Celebrity Houses page for more including  Designer Betsey Johnson’s Pink House and Tori Spelling’s New Home in Encino.

Lena September 22, 2009 at 7:33 pm

Great post. I really enjoy The Rachel Zoe Project. I especially like how members of her team help her laugh and slow down when she starts taking herself too seriously. It’s just fashion, after all.
.-= Lena´s last blog ..Cute to the Nth Degree =-.

{better than candy} September 22, 2009 at 8:33 pm

im guilty of watching this show!
.-= {better than candy}´s last blog ..i’m seeing red =-.

Suzette September 22, 2009 at 8:37 pm

I have to admit that I love this show too!!! I love the fashion and the drama :) Great pics of the house – since this season they seem to be doing more shots at Rachel and Roger’s apartment in LA.

Laurie @ My Domicile Style September 22, 2009 at 8:38 pm

I watched it last night, but don’t watch it all the time. It is interesting, she looks much better in photos than on TV. I was noticing that last night.
.-= Laurie @ My Domicile Style´s last blog ..Down With Love =-.

Cristin @ Simplified Bee September 22, 2009 at 9:26 pm

What a great home! I don’t know who she is though – should I?
xo,
cristin
.-= Cristin @ Simplified Bee´s last blog ..A Tour of San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom’s Penthouse – What a View =-.

isa September 22, 2009 at 9:55 pm

Hi Julia!

I watched the first season and I just wanted to drive up and bring a pizza to that girl. She needs to eat!!
Love Taylor. She tries to be such a toughie, but she’s not. =)
xo Isa
.-= isa´s last blog ..Color My World =-.

LindaSonia September 22, 2009 at 10:18 pm

I find the Rachel Zoe Project pretty amusing. I’m hooked. Didn’t know about the ‘raisin face’ comment, but yes indeedy, that is some transformation! LOL

Michael September 23, 2009 at 12:12 am

I love the Rachel Zoe Project. Very entertaining. And I love Rachel, Roger, Brad, (and Taylor?) OK, I guess I LIKE Taylor, but she’s a whiner. It’s great to see the celebs on the shows and the red carpet and then see how it all came together. Such drama! HaHa Kind of like what decorators and designers are like! Would love to see more of Rachel’s new apartment……

Nathan September 23, 2009 at 12:36 am

That fur blanket on the bed looks SO comfy.

Annie@A View on Design September 23, 2009 at 3:16 am

Hollywood Magic! Is that what they call it now… hmmm, anyway, the house is beautiful, truly gorgeous, I can imagine living there, so serene and stylish
.-= Annie@A View on Design´s last blog ..Sanctuary Cove QLD Resort Lifestyle =-.

Amanda @ Serenity Now September 23, 2009 at 6:03 am

Okay, Julia, this is just becoming weird…we have very similar trashy TV and book tastes. ;) I haven’t seen this week’s episode yet, but I do like this show a lot. I think Brad is the cutest thing ever, and Taylor is just so grumpy. I think she needs a drink to loosen up.

I DID wonder about Rachel’s, um, appearance. I hadn’t seen the old photo, but she has these odd lines around her mouth on the show that make her face look puffy. I’m not one to talk as my entire body is fluffy, but still….

Off to Nashville for the MOPS conference…can’t wait to drop by and catch up when I get back. Will miss linking up for Hooked On Fridays. :(

Have a great rest of the week! :)
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..A Birthday Soirée =-.

The Blushing Hostess September 23, 2009 at 6:13 am

OMG – I did not realize that transformation had occurred re her face! Anyway, it is a great deal more serene than I expected when I clicked on this title! She moves so frenetically professionally…
.-= The Blushing Hostess´s last blog ..Of open spaces and roadsides =-.

Candy @ SoBella Creations September 23, 2009 at 7:31 am

I love watching the Rachel Zoe Project! I love the interaction between Brad and Taylor this season. Esp given the way they were last season.
.-= Candy @ SoBella Creations´s last blog ..Grand Openings & More Giveaways =-.

Naomi September 23, 2009 at 7:41 am

not a fan of rachel zoe, but boy do I love that pillow!!!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality September 23, 2009 at 7:47 am

Hey, Julia, thanks for stopping by. Wish you could have been shopping with us too. I have to admit, I’ve pretty much quit watching reality TV in the last few years. I watched plenty of it & got my fill. The only one I watch are the design shows now. Don’t think I’m missing much!!

Hope you are coming to Blissdom, it will be so fun to catch up again. I just cannot seem to keep up with all my favorite blogs.
.-= Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality´s last blog ..Shopping in Destin =-.

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints September 23, 2009 at 8:53 am

Love that show. I seriously have a reality tv addiction problem. Rachel is gorgeous. Didn’t know she looked like that a few years back. Goes to show if you have the money and great plastic surgeon you too can have a dewy young face:)
.-= Becky @ Farmgirl Paints´s last blog ..Motherhood & Guilt =-.

Susie September 23, 2009 at 9:51 am

The house photos caught my eye but the photos of Rachel Zoe stopped me dead in my tracks. I want to know her secrets!!! What a huge transformation. The wrinkles on her forehead…gone. The aging around her mouth…gone. She looks stunning in the second photo.
.-= Susie´s last blog ..Bedroom Tour =-.

MissCaron September 23, 2009 at 10:05 am

My favorite line of this post, “This is how glam I look when I’m walking around my house, too…”
.-= MissCaron´s last blog ..packed in like sardines =-.

Kelly R. September 23, 2009 at 10:34 am

The house looks nice and simple but personally I can not stand it when pictures are leaning against a wall. I’m sure her housekeeper curses her name everytime she has to move them to clean!

Morning T September 23, 2009 at 11:49 am

Although I’m more of a ‘stuff’ person myself and have each room filled to the brim with accessories I like her philosophy on keeping it simple to balance her chaotic life. For those of us who only have one home, perhaps that’s what hotels and time shares are for, decluttered stress free environments. Great post.

AnNicole@OurSuburbanCottage September 23, 2009 at 1:32 pm

I recently started watching this show and I’m hooked. Those photos (of her) makes me wonder what magical cure she found. She looks amazing.
.-= AnNicole@OurSuburbanCottage´s last blog ..Experiment: Can I Spray Paint My Shower Door Surround? =-.

Suzy September 23, 2009 at 2:19 pm

She got 20 years younger instantly. She was interviewed recently on the View, with her husband.
.-= Suzy´s last blog ..Cottage Cheese Pufflets =-.

Amy @ Living Locurto September 23, 2009 at 3:01 pm

I watched a few of those shows last season. Pretty fun stuff! That’s not Hollywood magic… it’s plastic surgeon magic:-) That house seems like a hotel to me, not very cozy but very clean and classy.
.-= Amy @ Living Locurto´s last blog ..Monster Skate Party Printables =-.

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger September 23, 2009 at 4:10 pm

You’ve got to follow Brad and Taylor on Twitter, too. It’s a HOOT!
.-= the BLAH BLAH BLAHger´s last blog ..My Low Fat Version of Fast Food =-.

Sarah September 23, 2009 at 5:24 pm

I have heard of her show. Want to check it out. I also love the pillow!
.-= Sarah´s last blog ..my new favorite store! =-.

Heather September 23, 2009 at 6:23 pm

Her home is a gorgeous zen-like oasis…it just looks like a spa.
As for the show…I’m sure I’ll watch it sooner or later!
.-= Heather´s last blog ..Progress? =-.

Kristin@Bouelvard Interior Design September 24, 2009 at 8:22 am

Love the show. Okay, the raisin face is hysterical but where can I get me some of that? That’s some good work. The house is a little too modern for me, personally. I get the edited space for comfort and I think it is gorgeous. When you have to be creative all day long, that is the type of decor that is soothing at the end of the day.
The Bravo TV Junkie

Maya@Completely-Coastal September 24, 2009 at 10:06 am

I was aware of the show, but never watched it…, but it sounds kind of fun. I’ll be tuning in next time too!
.-= Maya@Completely-Coastal´s last blog ..Vessels from the Beach =-.

Darla September 27, 2009 at 3:41 pm

I watch it too and am sucked in. siiigh, good thing for Tivo.

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog October 15, 2009 at 12:08 pm

I love Rachel Zoe! I wish she would style rooms, I’m sure they would be amazing.
.-= Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog´s last blog ..Target Uses the ‘F’ Word =-.

Joshua October 16, 2009 at 9:33 am

Great Post!
.-= Joshua´s last blog ..Guest Blogger for Miles Design =-.

Thirkellgirl August 7, 2010 at 9:39 am

There’s an actress who does a DEAD-ON Rachel Zoe impersonation, you can find her on You-Tube. Much like reading the Onion makes reading the NYT much more entertaining, watching this woman say “I die. I literally die” a hundred times in five minutes makes watching RZP even more hysterical.

Janell Beals August 7, 2010 at 11:37 am

I didn’t know the show was on again…oh, the drama. And speaking of drama, that face!! WOW…
Janell
.-= Janell Beals´s last blog ..This Weeks Ideabook On Houzz- Mixed Company =-.

Candy August 7, 2010 at 4:36 pm

omg she looks completely different. how much surgery did hse have? her home is beautiful without a doubt.
.-= Candy´s last blog ..Craft Fair Purchases =-.

Christina August 9, 2010 at 5:58 am

Not bad looking …. but not my dream house…..

Christina August 9, 2010 at 6:39 am

Now the face….It’s more than apparent that she had work done. Get real…she does look better, but you can’t fool me with that. The transformation from picture #1 shows sun damage and wrinkles and the #2 photo is very apparent that she had work done…..She either had botox or a chemical peal. I could go on and on. Way too skinny. Does not look good at all. Folkes lets face it. The look she has n0w looks good….BUT DEFINITELY HAD WORK DONE. NO QUESTION ABOUT IT

Christina August 9, 2010 at 6:39 am

aword September 16, 2010 at 7:25 pm

Nice house. Odd that her net worth show less than 500,000 and that house is clearly a few million if not more.. She must rent.

Catherine March 25, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Inre: Rachel Zoe’s portraits…it’s called “lighting” and “make-up”! HAHA!

Elisha April 3, 2011 at 8:24 pm

And Botox for sure. It is a fun show that I watch now and again. She really does have a crepe-y face though. :-)

Cam@hardwoodflooringcharlotte May 10, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Her house is gorgeous! I love the white with pops of color.. and the dark hard wood floors are perfect! She really is an inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

{ 5 trackbacks }