Christie Brinkley’s $30 Million “Tower Hill”

Christie Brinkley's Tower Hill Hamptons house

Christie Brinkley, our favorite Uptown Girl, is single again now that her divorce from Peter Cook has been finalized, and she’s moving on. She’s a savvy real estate investor, with valuable properties worth around $80 million, most of them in the Hamptons.

According to Newsday, “The crown jewel in Brinkley’s real estate holdings is Tower Hill, the 11-bedroom mansion on Brick Kiln Road.” Built in 1898, it’s on the market for $30 million.

christie-brinkley-turret

The home has 11 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms, and an ocean view. The property is gorgeous, and there are 20 acres of it.

christie-brinkley-hampton-house-1

According to the listing, it was originally built in 1898 by local nobility Dr. John Gardiner but was “lovingly restored and renovated in 1998″ with all the modern conveniences.

christie-brinkley-piano

christie-brinkley-mirror

christie-brinkley-dining-room

christie-brinkley-living-room

christie-brinkley-window

christie-brinkley-kitchen

christie-brinkley-patio-shed

According to People magazine, Brinkley is moving on to a new waterfront property with a private beach in North Haven that was listed for about $11 million.

christie-brinkley-hampton-house-steps-flowers

You can see the full listing with more photos and information on the Corcoran website. (UPDATE: She has since taken it back off the market.)

P.S. Visit Celebrity Houses to see more, including…

Olivia Newton-John's beach house Jupiter FL

Kitty Bartholomew's Santa Monica Cottage | hookedonhouses.net
Kitty Bartholomew's motto is: "It's not what you don't have, it's what you do with what you do have." She was on HGTV for 8 years…
Julianne Moore's West Village Townhouse
Actress Julianne Moore, whose West Village townhouse was featured in the March 2006 issue of World of Interiors, just listed it for $12 million. The 6-bedroom house…

Comments

That dining room is just awesome – the pillows on the chairs look super comfy! Love the whole house…if only I had $30mil in spare change! Loved this post Julia!
    .-= christy´s last blog ..Dreamy home design =-.

WOW. I can’t even imagine living in a house so grand. But I love to look and perhaps find one or two tiny ideas that I can create in my own home. It’s a favorite thing of mine to do. I do it everywhere, all the time. Goodness I love your blog.
    .-= Suzann @ The Olive Cottage´s last blog ..I’m an Explorer =-.

Hmmm… I want to like this house. There are elements I love. The plank floors are gorgeous. I love the upholstery on the dining chairs. The kitchen is lovely. I would like the rooms to be a bit more edited. It is pretty warm for a mansion though. I guess I’m just not a “more” is more kinda girl (unless it is carats of diamonds, LOL).

Hey Jules,
    Christies house is something else! Its very interesting structurally, but I think I would have to make the decision about the interiors once I was in it..like that would EVA happen, ha ha…It seems like its a bit overwhelming of “stuff” but its her home, so shes totally entitled to it. I, personally love the outside better than the inside..
    awesome post, as always!
    Lisa
    coastal nest
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..my very favorite photo in the whole wide world. =-.

5. Kathy :) says

Hey Julia,

Just wanted to pop in and say hi, I have been taking lots of time off this summer from blogland….having fun but miss all my faves….:)

Love Christie’s style….but what a lousy personal life huh ??? I think all 3 of her kids have different Dad’s ????

All the best,
    Kathy :)

6. ccsimmons says

Billy’s is decorated like a beach house. Christy’s is way too mixed up! Just too much stuff.

• Barbara says

Christie’s decor is just too “busy”. And, way too much stuff.
      Looks cluttered.

That’s a great house even though I’m not a big fan of turrets on houses. I really like her style as well.
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..Saturday =-.

8. greenie says

She’s moving into an $11M beach front property? Wow, I guess even the rich are downsizing. :-)
    I actually like the back of this property more than the front (last picture). There’s something about the tower feature than doesn’t look right to me. Its like a beach home trying to be a castle.

What a house… not to mention the property! I’ve always like Christy Brinkley’s homes and I believe she does much of the decorating herself (if my memories of long ago magazine features serve me right). That colorful, cluttered, collected over time look really pleases me.
    .-= Tracy´s last blog ..See, There is a Chair Under There! =-.

Hmm, I like this one a lot, I think because it seems real, eclectic (as others have said) and not as if a designer just waved a wand and ‘did’ the whole thing.

It’s still a bit on the large side for my liking, and overall I’d probably prefer to lose the turret, but I bet there were some fun and relaxed parties in this house.

As always, I’d be happy to move into the little barn/shed/whatever in the last photo!!
    .-= Struggler´s last blog ..How many style sins are in your closet? =-.

That last picture, the steps and the trees around the house is to die for! What a beautiful home. I’m always curious about how much living they do in some of these places!
    .-= Erin´s last blog ..A few more house photos =-.

It reminds me of Rapunzel; I can just see her at the top of that tower. Beautiful home.

Julia,
    I love,love, love this home….It reminds me of her new home decorating fabric she has out now. You can find it at JoAnn’s…..beautiful beach shades! You would love it!
    Thanks for sharing, I always wished it would have worked out with the Piano Man!
    .-= Suzy´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday…. =-.

Thanks for the tour of Christie’s house! I wonder how long it will take to sell it? Also, congratulations on your Sponsorship — that really is fabulous! You are the third blog this week that I read who has gotten a Sponsor! Must be in the water. I will be sure to check them out.
    .-= Pam Kersting´s last blog ..Tree Houses =-.

15. Hamtonitegal says

She has gorgeous properties in the Hamptons area. That is nothing short of gorgeous. Wow! she always shows great photos of the surrounding area of her home on her facebook page. Great photos of the ocean and what’s going on in her life. She really knew how to spend her money right. I would love nothing more than to live in The Hamptons. It’s stunning there. And to boot she’s doing everything she can to preserve the area and keep toxic waste away. So she is a great activist.