Christie Brinkley’s $30 Million “Tower Hill”

by hookedonhouses on August 19, 2009

Christie Brinkley's Tower Hill Hamptons house

Christie Brinkley, our favorite Uptown Girl, is single again now that her divorce from Peter Cook has been finalized, and she’s moving on. She’s a savvy real estate investor, with valuable properties worth around $80 million, most of them in the Hamptons.

According to Newsday, “The crown jewel in Brinkley’s real estate holdings is Tower Hill, the 11-bedroom mansion on Brick Kiln Road.” Built in 1898, it’s on the market for $30 million.

christie-brinkley-turret

The home has 11 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms, and an ocean view. The property is gorgeous, and there are 20 acres of it.

christie-brinkley-hampton-house-1

According to the listing, it was originally built in 1898 by local nobility Dr. John Gardiner but was “lovingly restored and renovated in 1998″ with all the modern conveniences.

christie-brinkley-piano

christie-brinkley-mirror

christie-brinkley-dining-room

christie-brinkley-living-room

christie-brinkley-window

christie-brinkley-kitchen

christie-brinkley-patio-shed

According to People magazine, Brinkley is moving on to a new waterfront property with a private beach in North Haven that was listed for about $11 million.

christie-brinkley-hampton-house-steps-flowers

You can see the full listing with more photos and information on the Corcoran website. UPDATE: She has taken it off the market.

Go to Celebrity Houses to see more, including…

Olivia Newton-John's beach house Jupiter FL

Sarah August 19, 2009 at 6:58 am

She really does have a relaxed style! Wish I was moving to a beach front prop!

christy August 19, 2009 at 7:18 am

That dining room is just awesome – the pillows on the chairs look super comfy! Love the whole house…if only I had $30mil in spare change! Loved this post Julia!
.-= christy´s last blog ..Dreamy home design =-.

duchess August 19, 2009 at 7:29 am

Wow. I’ll take it.
.-= duchess´s last blog ..1st Day of School =-.

Elaine August 19, 2009 at 7:30 am

Oh a mini wooden castle I would be happy to just live in the kitchen :)
.-= Elaine´s last blog ..Pewter Bottle =-.

Suzann @ The Olive Cottage August 19, 2009 at 7:32 am

WOW. I can’t even imagine living in a house so grand. But I love to look and perhaps find one or two tiny ideas that I can create in my own home. It’s a favorite thing of mine to do. I do it everywhere, all the time. Goodness I love your blog.
.-= Suzann @ The Olive Cottage´s last blog ..I’m an Explorer =-.

Amanda @ Serenity Now August 19, 2009 at 7:46 am

Now I could live there!!! :) It looks lived-in, unlike some of the other celebrity homes. I guess I must like that relaxed, beachy style. Great photos! :)
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..Price My Space: Natalie’s "Candy-Striped" Nursery =-.

rue August 19, 2009 at 8:41 am

Gorgeous home! Who knew a super model could make that much money. I missed my calling darn it! LOL

rue
.-= rue´s last blog ..Did you think I forgot? =-.

Kristin August 19, 2009 at 8:54 am

Hmmm… I want to like this house. There are elements I love. The plank floors are gorgeous. I love the upholstery on the dining chairs. The kitchen is lovely. I would like the rooms to be a bit more edited. It is pretty warm for a mansion though. I guess I’m just not a “more” is more kinda girl (unless it is carats of diamonds, LOL).

maya | springtree road August 19, 2009 at 9:04 am

i love the look of the house. i wouldn’t decorate it that way, but of course i’m not christie brinkley. ;) it’s a super cool house though. beautiful.
.-= maya | springtree road´s last blog ..Morsel (& a winner at the end) =-.

Lisa August 19, 2009 at 9:16 am

Hey Jules,
Christies house is something else! Its very interesting structurally, but I think I would have to make the decision about the interiors once I was in it..like that would EVA happen, ha ha…It seems like its a bit overwhelming of “stuff” but its her home, so shes totally entitled to it. I, personally love the outside better than the inside..
awesome post, as always!
Lisa
coastal nest
.-= Lisa´s last blog ..my very favorite photo in the whole wide world. =-.

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints August 19, 2009 at 9:31 am

Love her farm style table in the kitchen and the courtyard. Beautiful exterior too.
.-= Becky @ Farmgirl Paints´s last blog ..And the winner is… =-.

songbirdtiff August 19, 2009 at 9:49 am

I’m wondering what the loft space is used for in the sixth photo. It almost looks like wine racks. Whatever it is, it’s stunning!
.-= songbirdtiff´s last blog ..Price my Space- Accessories =-.

Kathy :) August 19, 2009 at 9:50 am

Hey Julia,

Just wanted to pop in and say hi, I have been taking lots of time off this summer from blogland….having fun but miss all my faves….:)

Love Christie’s style….but what a lousy personal life huh ??? I think all 3 of her kids have different Dad’s ????

All the best,
Kathy :)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions August 19, 2009 at 10:18 am

Love that great room and I think I have the same color in my dining room!

ccsimmons August 19, 2009 at 10:36 am

Billy’s is decorated like a beach house. Christy’s is way too mixed up! Just too much stuff.

Barbara August 23, 2011 at 8:17 am

Christie’s decor is just too “busy”. And, way too much stuff.
Looks cluttered.

Amy August 19, 2009 at 10:45 am

That’s a great house even though I’m not a big fan of turrets on houses. I really like her style as well.
.-= Amy´s last blog ..Saturday =-.

Pam @ This Humble House August 19, 2009 at 10:46 am

So sorry she’s having to downsize like that! :-)
What a gorgeous home! Have I seen that home in a movie? The photo from the outside looks so familiar!
.-= Pam @ This Humble House´s last blog ..Cottage Sign Shoppe =-.

Jocelyn Stott August 19, 2009 at 10:54 am

WOW – that is like my dream home – no joke. I love all the decor – cozy and chic yet totally functional. LOVE IT!
.-= Jocelyn Stott´s last blog ..Antique Appreciation =-.

Nancy August 19, 2009 at 11:29 am

If I had 30Mil, that might very well be what I’d spend it on. I love that old house!
.-= Nancy´s last blog ..Handy Manny (I mean Robert) =-.

Hudson Goods August 19, 2009 at 12:06 pm

The house is great but love the barn in the backyard!
.-= Hudson Goods´s last blog ..Just Paint It! =-.

greenie August 19, 2009 at 12:12 pm

She’s moving into an $11M beach front property? Wow, I guess even the rich are downsizing. :-)
I actually like the back of this property more than the front (last picture). There’s something about the tower feature than doesn’t look right to me. Its like a beach home trying to be a castle.

Tracy August 19, 2009 at 12:19 pm

What a house… not to mention the property! I’ve always like Christy Brinkley’s homes and I believe she does much of the decorating herself (if my memories of long ago magazine features serve me right). That colorful, cluttered, collected over time look really pleases me.
.-= Tracy´s last blog ..See, There is a Chair Under There! =-.

Victoria @ DesignTies August 19, 2009 at 12:39 pm

Love this home!
Yep… it’s loaded with stuff, but I think that’s what adds to the charm of the house. Very eclectic!
Victoria @ DesignTies
.-= Victoria @ DesignTies´s last blog ..Reinvented… Rewind Wednesday! =-.

kasey at thirftylittleblog August 19, 2009 at 12:50 pm

$30 million?! Amazing!
.-= kasey at thirftylittleblog´s last blog ..When does thrifty go too far? =-.

Struggler August 19, 2009 at 4:07 pm

Hmm, I like this one a lot, I think because it seems real, eclectic (as others have said) and not as if a designer just waved a wand and ‘did’ the whole thing.

It’s still a bit on the large side for my liking, and overall I’d probably prefer to lose the turret, but I bet there were some fun and relaxed parties in this house.

As always, I’d be happy to move into the little barn/shed/whatever in the last photo!!
.-= Struggler´s last blog ..How many style sins are in your closet? =-.

Erin August 19, 2009 at 4:51 pm

That last picture, the steps and the trees around the house is to die for! What a beautiful home. I’m always curious about how much living they do in some of these places!
.-= Erin´s last blog ..A few more house photos =-.

jen August 19, 2009 at 5:27 pm

It reminds me of Rapunzel; I can just see her at the top of that tower. Beautiful home.

Suzy August 19, 2009 at 5:29 pm

Julia,
I love,love, love this home….It reminds me of her new home decorating fabric she has out now. You can find it at JoAnn’s…..beautiful beach shades! You would love it!
Thanks for sharing, I always wished it would have worked out with the Piano Man!
.-= Suzy´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday…. =-.

bungalowbliss August 19, 2009 at 6:10 pm

This is gorgeous. I’m in love with the courtyard and the grounds in general–but really, I’ll take it all if I was forced to. ;-)
.-= bungalowbliss´s last blog ..Bright Copper Kettles =-.

Emmie @ Aspirations of a Southern Housewife August 19, 2009 at 6:39 pm

OK, I commented on your other blog but must comment here too… the gardens! Divine!!
.-= Emmie @ Aspirations of a Southern Housewife´s last blog ..Honeydew Hues =-.

Fifi Flowers August 19, 2009 at 7:24 pm

WOW… she has got A LOT going on in all those rooms!!! Nice and cozy… but WOW!
.-= Fifi Flowers´s last blog ..Deux Musées à Paris… =-.

Susan August 19, 2009 at 11:27 pm

What an interesting house…loved seeing inside! :-)
.-= Susan´s last blog ..Welcome to the 52nd Tablescape Thursday! =-.

Porchlight Interiors August 20, 2009 at 1:44 am

What an amazing property – the decor is a little stuffy for my taste but what fun it would be to buy and redecorate! Tracey xx
.-= Porchlight Interiors´s last blog ..Happy House! =-.

Janet Doherty August 20, 2009 at 8:39 am

What’s with all the animal prints…personally they should take everything out of there and try to sell it….
Gorgeous home besides that :)
Janet
.-= Janet Doherty´s last blog ..Hummingbird Rescue… =-.

Donna, The Decorated House August 20, 2009 at 8:47 pm

Fun to see how she decorated her home. It doesn’t look familiar even I thought I had seen the inside before. I bet her next house will look much different. She however seems to keep looking exactly the same!
.-= Donna, The Decorated House´s last blog ..~ Paver Walkway, Curves Welcome! =-.

Pam Kersting August 20, 2009 at 8:49 pm

Thanks for the tour of Christie’s house! I wonder how long it will take to sell it? Also, congratulations on your Sponsorship — that really is fabulous! You are the third blog this week that I read who has gotten a Sponsor! Must be in the water. I will be sure to check them out.
.-= Pam Kersting´s last blog ..Tree Houses =-.

Sue August 20, 2009 at 11:52 pm

Oh I’m sorry….nobody deserves to live in a house like that…..just for being a model? Can you hear the jealousy in my voice….the house is stunning!!
.-= Sue´s last blog ..THE DIET GURU……..A Guest Blogger and a Thinner "Boss" =-.

traci August 21, 2009 at 7:45 am

OMG I LOVE that house! it is also nice to know someone else has the same love of houses as I do!
.-= traci´s last blog ..Houses in my neighborhood =-.

Lisa November 17, 2009 at 12:36 pm

I love her style here! All of these celeb house photos are super fun to see.
.-= Lisa´s last blog ..Thanksgiving Table 2009 and the Kid’s Table too! =-.

Hamtonitegal June 8, 2010 at 7:05 pm

She has gorgeous properties in the Hamptons area. That is nothing short of gorgeous. Wow! she always shows great photos of the surrounding area of her home on her facebook page. Great photos of the ocean and what’s going on in her life. She really knew how to spend her money right. I would love nothing more than to live in The Hamptons. It’s stunning there. And to boot she’s doing everything she can to preserve the area and keep toxic waste away. So she is a great activist.

Marie @ Sally Lee by the Sea February 11, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Lovely home and the location is superb!

karen ho fatt February 12, 2011 at 12:30 am

Fabulous piece of archtecture inside and out. Incredibly well decorated as well.

{ 4 trackbacks }