Sally Field’s $6.95 Million Malibu Home

I love Sally Field. I love her so much I’m going to resist doing a joke about how I like her — I really like her! I got sucked into the first two seasons of “Brothers & Sisters” on DVD this month while working on a post about the sets. She plays Nora, the matriarch of the Walker Family, who lives in a big, beautiful house in Pasadena.

In real life, Field recently put her Malibu home on the market for $6.95 million. Check it out:

The house was built in 1958 and sits on over 3 acres. It comes with a tennis court, pool, three-stall horse paddock, hay barn, and access to riding trails. She purchased the property for $4,822,500 in 2004.

P.S. Click Here to See More Celebrity Houses!

spelling-manor
Candy Spelling has put her 57,000 sq ft mansion, known as "The Manor," on the market for $150 million. She built the unimaginably big estate…
Sarah Jessica Parker Matthew Broderick house in Hamptons Elle Decor
Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick are expecting! According to People magazine: "The Hollywood couple, who already have son James Wilkie, 6, announced Tuesday they're…

Comments

What a great house. I love SF from Gidget and the Flying Nun–such funny, innocent shows. Somehow I’m not surprised that she has a comfortable, unpretentious home…I’m sure a good chunk of the pricetag has to do with those amazing views. The fact that she lives in a place like this makes me like her–yes, *really* like her–even more. :-)

bungalow_bliss’s last blog post..It All Started Innocently Enough…

• Sonja42 says

I was just thinking the same thing as I viewed the property, loved it, for sure, as you stated, very comfortable, unpretentious home, also love the colors through out, wish I could afford it, but not really into living in California not even Malibu, even thou Malibu is beautiful.

I love this house. The dinning room chairs have to be my favorite. The first thing I ever remember seein Sally Field in was Smokey and the Bandit on TBS.

Blakely’s last blog post..One Fish, Two Fish

I love her too. She has always reminded me of my mom. Her big cheeks. lol. I wonder why she is selling? Looks like a comfy house. I like it. Mishelle

mishelle’s last blog post..What a Day!

Hi Julie. I’ve always liked Sally Field, too. Did you ever see her as Gidget in her TV series? Very cute. I love the shade of blue in her living room, and that kitchen is fabulous. Every room is great, and the location is just wonderful. All those huge windows that look out to rolling hills and huge trees. And since she lives in Malibu, she’s not far from the beach either. This house is a little piece of heaven. Thank you so much for posting these photographs! ~Arleen

Arleen @ Seasons for All at Home’s last blog post..Easter Decorating ~ Eggs, Baskets, Trees, and Nests

Like everyone else, I too love this woman! Her home seems like her…comfortable and friendly. I love Brothers and Sister…it is my favorite show on the tube. Thank you for sharing such a lovely home…I can almost feel that California sun on my face shile sitting by that relaxing pool…listening to the sea gulls flying over head…ahhhhhhh…..

Smiles ~ Ramona

Ramona’s last blog post..Baby Shower Folly

6. Kat says

It looks surprisingly comfy and unpretentious for such a big star. By contrast, today’s celebrities have much more money than taste. (Remember Nick and Jessica’s McMansion in “Newlyweds?”) But I always have to wonder – why so many living rooms/sitting rooms? What do you do with them all?

OMG…I want that kitchen! I’m not a fan of those brown and white chairs though… And the bathroom tub… gimmie gimmie *grabby hands*

Christine’s last blog post..Square-ness

I totally agree, Sally Field is adorable…, I loved that movie A Cooler Climate, if you haven’t seen it, you should! Also, she’s got white appliances, hurray! I love her even more now -I just don’t like stainless steel.

Julia this is my favorite celebrity house you’ve listed yet! I love love love it! I could so see myself in every room in that house. Thank you so much for this fabulous post!

As I was looking through the photos, Julia, my thought was comfortable and unpretentious. I get to the end of the photos and there are my thoughts in print. What else can I say! What a wonderful home…absolutely wonderful. I could live there and I don’t say that often, when I see celebrity homes!

Great post!

Pat’s last blog post..~An Easter Table~

11. Amy says

When I was little they *called* me Gidget and therefore (stretch the logic) I need, deserve, gotta have this house!!!

12. ida says

i LOVE THIS HOUSE. the only thing i didnt like was the hanging pots in the kitchen with that little table under them. i mean i really love this house. wow. no red anywhere but its cool with me. so i looked for the square footage on it. omg its less then the whitehouse. a little under 6,000 square ft. not 16,000 or 157,000. its a cozy big home to me. i love it.

13. Karen says

I agree with a couple of bloggers here also. While it’s nice – I’m not feeling it either. I think it’s the rooms – they seem SO huge to me and not cozy, maybe? But I adore Sally Field. They are showing reruns of the Gidget TV show on Comcast – the show is as charming as ever!

Very ordinary, except for the windows, love those! I didn’t expect something like this from Sally Field.

Suzy’s last blog post..Happy Passover

15. D says

I love Sally Fields also, I even gave my daughter the nickname of Gidget when she was little. I never miss an episode of Brothers and Sisters, great show, great house, great post. Thanks for sharing.

Happy Easter
    ‘D’

just lovely lovely lovey – I could see us living there – I don’t think there is a greater compliment to someone than saying their homes ‘fits’ them so perfectly – and this one reeks Sally as we know and love her – just divine – le xoxoox

happiest of easters too Julia – your site continues to enthrall and captivate :) le xoxox

le’s last blog post..Happiest of Easters to You and your Loved Ones

17. mercedes arrieta says

Great, great post!!! I love Mondays, but a little favor, can you find pictures of the beach house that have the Friends´s producer Marta Kauffman??? It´s amazing. I saw it in the tv show House Beautiful.Please,please,please!!! and thanks for sharing!!!
    mercedes

18. greenie says

Love Sally Field, but not the house–just not my style or taste. Everything is a little too light and airy–nothing “grounding”. Hey, but that’s just me. I do like the pool area though. Thanks for the look!

19. Dawn says

This reminds me of Richard Gere’s home – very unpretentious and comfortable. Lots of places to sit and relax. Nice scenery.

I’m not surprised.

Love it! Thanks for posting this.

20. Karen Whitaker says

Love Sally Field’s home. Olivia Newton-John used to own it and I loved it even more then. Speaking of Olivia Newton-John could you feature her new home in Jupiter Florida on your website. I would be very grateful. It is one Lighthouse Drive on the Intercoastal in Florida. She recently purchased it with her new hubby John Easterling.
    And the internet has the previous owners decor but I would love to see Olivia’s changes to it.
    Can you tell I’m a ON-J fan!

21. Cheryl says

What a great house! I love how light and airy it is and that kitchen is amazing! The whole house seems very comfy and cozy and I think I would enjoy living there. It suits Sally’s down-to-earth personality to a tee.

22. Shari says

Karen, Thank you for your post! I thought that this was the same home that Olivia Newton-John had lived in during the 1970’s. I also liked it more with her decor. Nothing against Sally Field! I admire her, also. But the home was more “earthy” when ONJ lived there. There are several pictures of it from the 1970s on an Olivia Newton-John fanpage. Beautiful! I’ve also seen pictures of the Florida home. It looked nice, but not her style. I wondered about that. Thank you for sharing with us. :)

*Also love tha Meg Ryan brownstone and Reese Witherspoon’s home! Katherine Ireland (designer) wrote a book about this house when she restored it. It is excellent reading!

23. CeCe says

I adored Gidget as a kid. So much so that I bought the whole series on DVD. Love it and love Sally and love Brothers and Sisters.

Like it a lot. Would love to see it converted into a retreat home or a half way home for battered women.

25. P says

she is a very nice and good person 1 of my favorite is with all the women and she cryed so hard and yelled when she lost julia roberts ,and lot of great actors like Dolly P.im sure u all no what im talking about. she nice sweat and deserve everything she wants cause thats 1 woman worked hard to b were she is and never hear anything bad about her ..best wishes and hope u enjoy everything.

26. A.Men says

Not much to see. Thought Gidget would have lots of quirky, neat stuff in her digs! Pretty blah!