Sally Field’s $6.95 Million Malibu Home

by hookedonhouses on April 8, 2009

I love Sally Field. I love her so much I’m going to resist doing a joke about how I like her–I really like her! I got totally sucked into watching the first two seasons of “Brothers & Sisters” on DVD this month while working on a post about the sets. She plays Nora, the matriarch of the Walker Family, who lives in a big, beautiful house in Pasadena.

In real life, Field recently put her Malibu home on the market for $6.95 million. Check it out:

The house was built in 1958 and sits on over 3 acres. It comes with a tennis court, pool, three-stall horse paddock, hay barn, and access to riding trails. She purchased the property for $4,822,500 in 2004.

Click Here to See More Celebrity Houses!

bungalow_bliss April 8, 2009 at 9:23 am

What a great house. I love SF from Gidget and the Flying Nun–such funny, innocent shows. Somehow I’m not surprised that she has a comfortable, unpretentious home…I’m sure a good chunk of the pricetag has to do with those amazing views. The fact that she lives in a place like this makes me like her–yes, *really* like her–even more. :-)

bungalow_bliss’s last blog post..It All Started Innocently Enough…

Sonja42 May 3, 2011 at 10:14 pm

I was just thinking the same thing as I viewed the property, loved it, for sure, as you stated, very comfortable, unpretentious home, also love the colors through out, wish I could afford it, but not really into living in California not even Malibu, even thou Malibu is beautiful.

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger April 8, 2009 at 10:11 am

Gosh, I totally would have made an offer on this, but it’s a little small. KIDDING!

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger’s last blog post..Turn your blog into a book!

AnNicole@OurSuburbanCottage April 8, 2009 at 10:33 am

Don’t you just love Sally Field? It’s fun being able to peek into her house too. I especially love her kitchen, dining room, and bathroom. Lovely!

AnNicole@OurSuburbanCottage’s last blog post..The Pottery Barn Lifestyle

Darlene April 8, 2009 at 10:36 am

Love that seagrass coffee table!!

Blakely April 8, 2009 at 10:52 am

I love this house. The dinning room chairs have to be my favorite. The first thing I ever remember seein Sally Field in was Smokey and the Bandit on TBS.

Blakely’s last blog post..One Fish, Two Fish

mishelle April 8, 2009 at 11:07 am

I love her too. She has always reminded me of my mom. Her big cheeks. lol. I wonder why she is selling? Looks like a comfy house. I like it. Mishelle

mishelle’s last blog post..What a Day!

Lazy Mom Leslie April 8, 2009 at 12:02 pm

I have always liked her. Her house looks like somewhere she would live. Funny how that worked out that way!

Lazy Mom Leslie’s last blog post..Enjoy Your Family

songbirdtiff April 8, 2009 at 12:07 pm

I love the house. It’s so open and inviting. I particularly like all the earth tones. It totally suits her.

songbirdtiff’s last blog post..Cookie Jar (Jack Johnson)

Arleen @ Seasons for All at Home April 8, 2009 at 12:42 pm

Hi Julie. I’ve always liked Sally Field, too. Did you ever see her as Gidget in her TV series? Very cute. I love the shade of blue in her living room, and that kitchen is fabulous. Every room is great, and the location is just wonderful. All those huge windows that look out to rolling hills and huge trees. And since she lives in Malibu, she’s not far from the beach either. This house is a little piece of heaven. Thank you so much for posting these photographs! ~Arleen

Arleen @ Seasons for All at Home’s last blog post..Easter Decorating ~ Eggs, Baskets, Trees, and Nests

Ramona April 8, 2009 at 12:54 pm

Like everyone else, I too love this woman! Her home seems like her…comfortable and friendly. I love Brothers and Sister…it is my favorite show on the tube. Thank you for sharing such a lovely home…I can almost feel that California sun on my face shile sitting by that relaxing pool…listening to the sea gulls flying over head…ahhhhhhh…..

Smiles ~ Ramona

Ramona’s last blog post..Baby Shower Folly

Mom in High Heels April 8, 2009 at 1:07 pm

I like her, but I’m not liking the house. I don’t know what it is, but I just can’t feel it.

Mom in High Heels’s last blog post..It’s my 100th post! And a give-away!

Kat April 8, 2009 at 1:48 pm

It looks surprisingly comfy and unpretentious for such a big star. By contrast, today’s celebrities have much more money than taste. (Remember Nick and Jessica’s McMansion in “Newlyweds?”) But I always have to wonder – why so many living rooms/sitting rooms? What do you do with them all?

Christine April 8, 2009 at 2:10 pm

OMG…I want that kitchen! I’m not a fan of those brown and white chairs though… And the bathroom tub… gimmie gimmie *grabby hands*

Christine’s last blog post..Square-ness

Love Where You Live April 8, 2009 at 5:36 pm

ooh, she’s got the four-chair conversation arrangement that I was “hooked” on a few Fridays back. Still am, by the way. The Flying Nun has cool digs! -susan

Love Where You Live’s last blog post..IDEA House by Coastal Living

Renae Moore April 8, 2009 at 5:36 pm

Love love love the sunporch….the view outstanding, and her bathroom is inviting!

Renae Moore’s last blog post..Happy Passover!

Maya April 8, 2009 at 5:52 pm

I totally agree, Sally Field is adorable…, I loved that movie A Cooler Climate, if you haven’t seen it, you should! Also, she’s got white appliances, hurray! I love her even more now -I just don’t like stainless steel.

christy April 8, 2009 at 6:04 pm

Julia this is my favorite celebrity house you’ve listed yet! I love love love it! I could so see myself in every room in that house. Thank you so much for this fabulous post!

desiree April 8, 2009 at 6:31 pm

Sally Fields is one of my favorite actors. Her home is very beautiful. Wonder where she is headed…

desiree’s last blog post..Inspiration Table: Can Lookiloos Pass a Wabi Sabi Test?

Slowish Food April 8, 2009 at 7:25 pm

This is my idea of a celebrity house. It’s, as you say surprisingly unpretentious. If I had $7M, I would totally buy this place.

Slowish Food’s last blog post..Whoo-hoo! Guess Who’s One Year Old?

Shannon April 8, 2009 at 9:40 pm

I am really loving the simple style and color of this house. It has a very understated elegance. And I am sounding very haughty ta ta.

Shannon’s last blog post..Mess #10,128 by Liam

Emily@remodelingthislife April 8, 2009 at 10:27 pm

Love her home – that kitchen and the window seat are so down to earth and cozy looking.

Emily@remodelingthislife’s last blog post..Link Love: March Top Referrers

Misti England April 8, 2009 at 10:42 pm

Oh how I love Sally Field, and Brothers & Sisters! I have never loved white walls so much in all my life.
Just a elegant as Sally. Thanks for letting us be nosey!
~Misti

Misti England’s last blog post..Tiny update: Bathroom Drapes

sarah abeachcottage April 9, 2009 at 5:17 am

I’m off to read the post, I am only just, believe it or not, watching series one, my sister sent it to me for xmas on dvd, I waited til now and then watched the whole 23 episodes in 2 weeks, love love love it!!!!!!!

sarah

sarah abeachcottage’s last blog post..A White Plate Stand & The Born Again Baker

susan April 9, 2009 at 6:22 am

This looks like “regular people”–only HUGE. I do think Sally needs to get to work on that deck. Wonder if she needs my help? :)

susan’s last blog post..All "Set" for Easter

Linda@Lime in the Coconut April 9, 2009 at 8:57 am

Gorgeous…it does look so regular folk. Well except for the price.

Linda@Lime in the Coconut’s last blog post..Color inspired…..

Pat April 9, 2009 at 9:15 am

As I was looking through the photos, Julia, my thought was comfortable and unpretentious. I get to the end of the photos and there are my thoughts in print. What else can I say! What a wonderful home…absolutely wonderful. I could live there and I don’t say that often, when I see celebrity homes!

Great post!

Pat’s last blog post..~An Easter Table~

Amy April 9, 2009 at 10:10 am

When I was little they *called* me Gidget and therefore (stretch the logic) I need, deserve, gotta have this house!!!

ida April 9, 2009 at 11:56 am

i LOVE THIS HOUSE. the only thing i didnt like was the hanging pots in the kitchen with that little table under them. i mean i really love this house. wow. no red anywhere but its cool with me. so i looked for the square footage on it. omg its less then the whitehouse. a little under 6,000 square ft. not 16,000 or 157,000. its a cozy big home to me. i love it.

Karen April 9, 2009 at 12:02 pm

I agree with a couple of bloggers here also. While it’s nice – I’m not feeling it either. I think it’s the rooms – they seem SO huge to me and not cozy, maybe? But I adore Sally Field. They are showing reruns of the Gidget TV show on Comcast – the show is as charming as ever!

Heather April 9, 2009 at 12:37 pm

OK, I’ll take that house please! It’s stunning! And, I really love the pool…looks like a great place to hang out.

Heather’s last blog post..Grace Lin’s Beautiful Paintings

Suzy April 9, 2009 at 1:09 pm

Very ordinary, except for the windows, love those! I didn’t expect something like this from Sally Field.

Suzy’s last blog post..Happy Passover

D April 10, 2009 at 10:29 am

I love Sally Fields also, I even gave my daughter the nickname of Gidget when she was little. I never miss an episode of Brothers and Sisters, great show, great house, great post. Thanks for sharing.

Happy Easter
‘D’

le April 11, 2009 at 8:30 pm

just lovely lovely lovey – I could see us living there – I don’t think there is a greater compliment to someone than saying their homes ‘fits’ them so perfectly – and this one reeks Sally as we know and love her – just divine – le xoxoox

happiest of easters too Julia – your site continues to enthrall and captivate :) le xoxox

le’s last blog post..Happiest of Easters to You and your Loved Ones

laura @ the shorehouse. April 12, 2009 at 12:50 am

I’ll take it! :-) Or at the very least I’ll take the kitchen. The bathroom’s a bit too large for me, if I’m honest. Never understood the whole super sized bathroom thing.

laura @ the shorehouse.’s last blog post..Go ahead…make my day.

mercedes arrieta April 12, 2009 at 3:01 pm

Great, great post!!! I love Mondays, but a little favor, can you find pictures of the beach house that have the Friends´s producer Marta Kauffman??? It´s amazing. I saw it in the tv show House Beautiful.Please,please,please!!! and thanks for sharing!!!
mercedes

greenie May 5, 2009 at 9:49 pm

Love Sally Field, but not the house–just not my style or taste. Everything is a little too light and airy–nothing “grounding”. Hey, but that’s just me. I do like the pool area though. Thanks for the look!

Dawn August 17, 2009 at 8:58 pm

This reminds me of Richard Gere’s home – very unpretentious and comfortable. Lots of places to sit and relax. Nice scenery.

I’m not surprised.

Love it! Thanks for posting this.

Karen Whitaker October 11, 2009 at 10:11 am

Love Sally Field’s home. Olivia Newton-John used to own it and I loved it even more then. Speaking of Olivia Newton-John could you feature her new home in Jupiter Florida on your website. I would be very grateful. It is one Lighthouse Drive on the Intercoastal in Florida. She recently purchased it with her new hubby John Easterling.
And the internet has the previous owners decor but I would love to see Olivia’s changes to it.
Can you tell I’m a ON-J fan!

Michael B. Saari November 2, 2009 at 7:08 pm

I think her home should be more private than it is. (This is her home)

Amy November 7, 2009 at 2:50 pm

I really love how comfortable and “normal” it seems. Normal for a wealthy actress that is. It seems very down to earth; just like her.
.-= Amy´s last blog ..Feelings, Paint, Pumpkins and a Recipe =-.

Cheryl November 7, 2009 at 5:16 pm

What a great house! I love how light and airy it is and that kitchen is amazing! The whole house seems very comfy and cozy and I think I would enjoy living there. It suits Sally’s down-to-earth personality to a tee.

Shari May 12, 2010 at 6:12 pm

Karen, Thank you for your post! I thought that this was the same home that Olivia Newton-John had lived in during the 1970′s. I also liked it more with her decor. Nothing against Sally Field! I admire her, also. But the home was more “earthy” when ONJ lived there. There are several pictures of it from the 1970s on an Olivia Newton-John fanpage. Beautiful! I’ve also seen pictures of the Florida home. It looked nice, but not her style. I wondered about that. Thank you for sharing with us. :)

*Also love tha Meg Ryan brownstone and Reese Witherspoon’s home! Katherine Ireland (designer) wrote a book about this house when she restored it. It is excellent reading!

Hamtonitegal June 8, 2010 at 7:25 pm

NOTHING SHORT OF FABULOUS!!! : )))

Gloria July 18, 2010 at 5:35 pm

Great job, as usual, on this post. And you’re right: doesn’t Sally Field look exactly the same as when she was young! Amazing!
Best regards,
Gloria
.-= Gloria´s last blog ..Rubber Band Votive Candle Holder =-.

CeCe August 16, 2010 at 9:27 pm

I adored Gidget as a kid. So much so that I bought the whole series on DVD. Love it and love Sally and love Brothers and Sisters.

fred May 3, 2011 at 4:02 pm

does sally go with the deal

Mel May 3, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Like it a lot. Would love to see it converted into a retreat home or a half way home for battered women.

P May 4, 2011 at 1:10 am

she is a very nice and good person 1 of my favorite is with all the women and she cryed so hard and yelled when she lost julia roberts ,and lot of great actors like Dolly P.im sure u all no what im talking about. she nice sweat and deserve everything she wants cause thats 1 woman worked hard to b were she is and never hear anything bad about her ..best wishes and hope u enjoy everything.

BTDT May 4, 2011 at 1:41 am

Place is kinda girly.

A.Men May 8, 2011 at 7:36 am

Not much to see. Thought Gidget would have lots of quirky, neat stuff in her digs! Pretty blah!

inventory turns September 12, 2011 at 10:54 pm

More people need to read this and understand this aspect of the story. I cant believe you’re not more popular.

{ 4 trackbacks }