Richard Gere’s House For Sale in the Hamptons

Richard Gere's House in the Hamptons 2009

I was frankly a little surprised to see these photos of the house actor Richard Gere owns in Water Mill, New York, because there’s nothing “Hollywood” about it. It fact, it has a nice farmhouse vibe to it with clean, classic style.

Richard Gere's house in the Hamptons exterior

Richard Gere's house in the Hamptons staircase

Richard Gere's house in the Hamptons living room

Richard Gere's house in the Hamptons bedroom 2

Richard Gere's house in the Hamptons bedroom

Richard Gere's house in the Hamptons kitchen

How sweet is this kitchen nook?

Richard Gere's house in the Hamptons kitchen nook

Richard Gere's dining room

Richard Gere's house in the Hamptons 09 2

front porch Richard Gere's farmhouse Hamptons

It’s on the market for $8.8 million. To see more photos of Richard Gere’s house, visit TMZ.

Richard Gere's house in the Hamptons 09

P.S. Visit my Celebrity Houses page to see more, including…

Brooke Shields buys house in Hamptons

Brooke Shields’ Place

What must it be like to be Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie (or one of their 6 children), moving into a different mansion, French chateau,…
I spend a lot of time searching the real estate listings and see an awful lot of boring houses, a lot of ugly houses, and…

1. Billy says

Per The Real Estalker, it is in Water Mill NY and listed at $8,800k.

This reminds me a lot of his and Diane Lane’s house in “Unfaithful.” You’re right, Julia–after yesterday’s house, this post makes me feel calm and relaxed. And it’s great to see a star without a ridiculous compound to call home.

bungalow_bliss’s last blog post..Dinner is Served!

I love this house too – I can’t believe how natural and beautiful it is.

What color are you painting your office? Are you going to post pix?

I haven’t even thought about my post for tomorrow yet. Sheet.

christy’s last blog post..The Do Withouts

He’s really just a normal, regular person like you and me… with a bigger bank account. LOVE him! He sure looks just as good NOW as in American Gigolo… sigh… I will never forget watching that movie… my friends and I had pounding hearts!
    Thanks for bringing back wonderful memories! I hope didn’t give my age away… hmmmmm

5. Kathy :) says

I loved him and Julia in Pretty Woman…one of my fave movies…what a nice home. Perhaps his simple style has to do with his religion, isn’t he a Buddhist ???

How long did he and Cindy Crawford go out, did they ever marry ???

All the best,
    Kathy :)

ps what color are you painting your office ??? make sure to open the window a crack !!!

6. hookedonhouses says

Let’s see if I can answer/address everyone’s comments here.

Billy Blau–thanks for the info! I added it to the post.

Christy & Kathy–I’m painting my study a pale blue called “Seaside.” If it looks good when it’s done, I’ll definitely post pics. If it doesn’t, I’ll keep it to myself. Ha.

Fifi–yes! We’ll be having Hooked on Fridays tomorrow. Hope you can join us!

Maya–thanks for telling me about your post. You’ve got some photos I hadn’t seen of the house, so I added a link to yours so people can see them, too!

Kathy–yes, I believe Richard Gere and Cindy Crawford were married for awhile, weren’t they? If I’m wrong on this, I’m sure one of my helpful readers will correct me. :-)

I agree with Bungalow, it does look like the house from Unfaithful. I love it, I’ll take it, as soon as I remember where I put that spare $8 mil.

ps – Gere and Crawford were married for four or five years in the early 90s. Now he is married to Carey Lowell (she used to be on Law & Order) and they have a son named Homer.

Robin’s last blog post..And we take requests

I really like his house! It look so down-to-earth, casual, and cozy. I love the bench and cushions in the dining area – very family-friendly!

Ms.Tee’s last blog post..Winter Wonderland!

We have a home out in Bridghampton. The Hamptons are crazy…you can’t even get in for under 2. The space is so limited and everyone tries to out do one another. In the summer, we BBQ a lot & get to the beach early & avoid the NYC crowd obnoxiousness. It is also chock full of celebs. His house is so handsome.

melissa’s last blog post..Junior League Lovin’

10. Tricia says

I have never had a reaction to a house like this ~~ I LOVE this house! It is so calming and homey. It reminds me of Eddie Bauer’s Home Colletion, from the ’90’s. This is my ultimate favorite style, and I didn’t realize it until just now. Thanks for the post. Oh, and yes Richard Gere ~HOT!

• hookedonhouses says

I’m not sure where he went when he sold the house. Does anyone else? -Julia