For Sale: Britney Spears’ House in Beverly Hills

Britney Spears has reportedly put her 7,500 square-foot Beverly Hills, California, mansion on the market for $7.8 million. Described as an “exquisite gated Italian Renaissance-inspired villa,” her home has 6 bedrooms, 6.5 baths, and a 3-car garage.According to People magazine, “The pop star, 26, has lived in the hilltop home for less than two years – and had to leave the house twice early this year to be forcibly hospitalized. Spears’s father Jamie, who remains in legal control of his daughter until Dec. 31, sought permission from a court in June to sell the home.

Britney reportedly wants a fresh start and is considering a move to Calabasas, California, which is an hour’s drive north of L.A.

Some photos were taken before Spears bought the home two years ago, and some were taken for the current listing (the “fuzzier” photos are from the current listing). I believe she bought it furnished. She replaced many of the wrought-iron light fixtures with crystal chandeliers. Can you spot the other differences? (Photos from CLAW MLS and Radar Online.)

P.S. Visit Celebrity Houses to see more, including Christina Aguilera.

House and Garden magazine cover Gwyneth Paltrow
This was the last cover of House & Garden before the mag folded in 2007. Since House & Garden is now gone and so is…
Tori Spelling and husband Dean McDermott have a reality show on Oxygen called "Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood." This season we watched as they…

I see a crib! Um, honestly, it is a beautiful home, don’t get me wrong. It looks stuffy and un-lived in though. I LOVE the outdoor space the most. Really beautiful. Can’t see Britney in it. But I was right! :)

2. Scherrie says

Did I see 2 dining rooms? It really didn’t strike me as a Britney Spears home. I liked a lot of it, but some of it was a little over the top for me!

The exterior of the house is beautiful, and the architectural details inside are lovely as well…but that decor? Yikes! It doesn’t look at all like the home of a 26-year-old with two young children…I hope she’s able to find someone who can help her make her new home more “her own”…

Julia, I am in Moscow for some time in a Soviet era apartment/flatthat would easily fit in one of the rooms Brittany has. The differences are amazing.

I love you new home. It is snazzy.

I found her home to be such a gorgeous space! Wow, do I ever love her kitchen but her outdoor space is where I gravitated.

It’s kinda sad how out of place the children’s play structure/slide looks in the front of the house. Great to have a beautiful home but it seems so out of line with what you’d want as a young mom. It’s also way too ornate and stuffy for my tastes…maybe her next home will reflect her youth and personality a litle more!

Wow, beatiful home. Not sure I’d have my jungle gym right out front, though. It’s so beautiful. Decor isn’t exactly “me” but there are parts of it I like a lot. The exterior I love.

Ya know, I’ll give her props for having a desire to make a really really nice home for her family. The house is understated when you “really” think about it.

It also shows the dream (IMO) that she so badly wanted but could never allow herself to live.

I’m surprised by its charm and warmth. I expected less “class” and more “fluff”.

Hey darlin’
    Just getting around to checking out your fabulous new look for the blog! It’s gorgeous! Do I need change anything for my blog roll?
    xo xo
    PS Brittney comes from a very nice successful middle class family, who has a very lovely home. It’s not like she’s not used to seeing a pretty house, or wanting to have a nice home for herself and her family. In fact her home reminds me of her parent’s home.

10. Billy says

Overall a little over the top for me, it could be simplified, if it had more lot, but for $8,000k I do not want to see the garage door from the entrance to the house. I would over pay for Leezsa Gibbons/Joan Crawford house first.
    1760 Courtney

I noticed a few differences – coffee table, grand piano, mirrors on wall (not tapestry), kitchen cabinet curtains are gone, and of course the dining room looks different. Can you tell I love playing “I spy”?!
    Anyhoo – great house overall! It bit frufru for me, and I can’t believe a 26 yr old owned it; it seems more like something a retired couple would own.

Thanks for sharing!

Surprisingly tasteful! I love the balcony it’s lovely. I am a little shocked though that some if it seems to be like the home of a 40 something rather than a 25 year old pop star. Maybe her Mum did some of the decoration?

Wow, it’s very tasteful … but not at all what I expected Britney’s home to be! I think she either left everything pretty much as it was when she bought it, or someone else completely decorated it without her input. Do you know who the previous owner was?

WOW… if the walls in that house could talk… imagine what you would learn… probably things you don’t want to know… lol

Why do I have a feeling these pics were the ones used when SHE bought the place? The decor from the people before her? Maybe not! :) Doesn’t look lived in to me, but the outside is stunning!

The pool is beautiful, and the entire outdoor area space! The rest of the house is so huge, though – it’s hard to believe one small family lived in it…

It doesn’t look like a place that a 26 year old (with or without children) would be comfortable. Some of it is kind of Addams Family. However, I do like the back area and the pool is great but is it safe for toddlers?

Defintely. Very old decor for such a young woman! I wouldn’t expect her to have the best decorating sense, though…

Please stop by my blog. I am hosting a great give-away, again, with Matthew Mead, It involves his latest book, and a gift card from HomeGoods…except this time there are, basically, thirty prizes!!

Looks like you have everything up and running smoothly!!

It’s a beautiful home but it certainly doesn’t look like any children live there….

That was a great tour, Julia! I did see her changes- I got a kick out of the play set in the front yard! You know that for her oldest son’s first Christmas she built a re-creation of the nativity with her son playing the part of Baby Jesus. That was her home in the South. So, obviously she has a penchant for the dramatic! It doesn’t show quite so much here- just the crystal chandeliers and the velvet dining chairs.

I think this is a lovely home and I’m sorry it wasn’t a happier home for her. I sincerely hope that her new home sees better times for her and her little family.

21. Martha says

It looks like a house Nancy Reagan always dreamed of having. Maybe one of her friends was the previous owner.

This house had to have been so alien to Spears–no wonder she was out every night.

this is surprisingly classy… why in the world would she need all this space though… i guess it’s because she needs some time away from the paparazzi once in a while…

Tori Spelling Books’s last blog post..Eckhart Tolle

i use to be the biggest fan of britney. but then she married kevin and he just turn her into something that i hate. so im not a fan. yea i listen to her music but i dont like her anymore. i think she is a bad influance, and i know she lost her kids and thats sad, and honestly i think she would take better care them then kevin. well thats my opinion.

24. sasha says

amazin only thing i like about britney spears is dis house.

25. Makennah says

Honestly, I was afraid to even look at her home, but it aint that bad.

I agree with most everyone else, it looks like something an older couple would own. I enjoy upscale homes but this one doesn’t appeal to me at all. Maybe the interior looks better in person.

The yard is gorgeous though. Almost like a retreat.
    .-= Sharon´s last blog ..Dandelion sparkle =-.

27. merann says

it seems like britney would live in a really girlie doll house, i was suprised when i saw the interior

28. vetomestari says

She lives like my granmother…. somebody please – pimp her house

If walls could talk… I love this home and its location. I would buy the home just because Britney owned it. I believe it is well worth the money, to bad she got caught up in an ugly economy. The current MLS pics show the carpets freshly cleaned and the furniture removed. I have been following this listing for about two years now? Wow! How time flies. I even tried to list the home while it was off the market, what an honor that would be :o)

Anyhow, seems like the area is ripe for the intelligent investors and those looking for rock bottom prices to get screaming deals! Especially with the reported sale of the Spelling estate…

Good luck Britney!

30. Justine says

I find the amount of books in her house to be very surprising. I wonder if she’s actually read any of them. The home is beautiful, however.