Kenny Chesney’s Mediterranean-Style Malibu Home

by hookedonhouses on April 24, 2008

Country Music Singer Kenny Chesney

Country music star Kenny Chesney purchased a Mediterranean-style compound in Malibu, California, for $7.4 million in February. And now, according to reports, he has already put it back on the market for $7.5. I wonder why he changed his mind? It looks like a great place to hang your hat!

Kenny Chesney's Malibu house 7

According to the listing, it has 5 bedrooms and 5 baths, but upon closer inspection it appears that only 2 of those bedrooms are in the main house. There are also two guest houses on the property.

Kenny Chesney's Malibu house 8

Kenny Chesney's Malibu house 2

The listing says: “Spectacular Mediterranean compound, private and gated, panoramic views of Santa Monica Bay, Catalina Island, and Malibu Point. Voluminous main house and two detached guest houses, enormous flat grassy yard, beautiful fruit trees and gardens, tiled pool, outdoor oven and barbecue.”

Kenny Chesney's Malibu house 3

Chesney owns an extra-voluminous (my new favorite real-estate term) 7,242-square-foot house on a 48.77-acre estate Franklin, Tennessee, as well, that he bought in ’03 for $2.5 million.

Kenny Chesney's Malibu house 5

Kenny Chesney's Malibu house 9

Chesney has produced more than thirty Top Ten singles on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs charts, thirteen of which reached Number One. He’s one of the most popular touring acts in country music.

Kenny Chesney's Malibu house-courtyard

For more information about the property, checkĀ Keller Williams Realty.

Kenny Chesney's Malibu house

Hooked on Celebrity Real Estate? Click here to see more, including…

Alan Jackson-Sweetbriar property for saleAlan Jackson’s $38 Million “Sweetbriar”

mamacita April 24, 2008 at 7:32 am

Wow! I love the views, too! And I love his decorating style (if that is his.) It has a clean, fresh, island feel to it. Love it!

Ali April 24, 2008 at 8:24 am

First, I love Kenny! You always pick the best celebs, Julia! I was a shocked when he married Renee because I’m not a big fan of hers – especially when she went from cute-Renee to super-skinny-pale-Renee. But they looked so happy didn’t they?

Second, that house is great. But the outside – view, pool, courtyard – are what sells me on. Now, if only I had 7.95m…

Do you think Kenny would be at the closing? Can I request that he wears tight jeans and a sleeveless shirt in the offer?

Tori April 24, 2008 at 8:36 am

That is really pretty.

Beth April 24, 2008 at 10:10 am

Of all the celebrity homes you’ve posted, I think this one is definitely worth the price tag! And I don’t think it’s just because I’m going to my first Kenny concert this summer, or because his ballads can make me cry in 10 seconds flat… Amazing area, gorgeous views, great character (though it needs some
COLOR), and a nice square footage without being TOO “voluminous.” I didn’t realize he had so many homes, as I’ve only heard about how much time he spends at his apparently amazing house on St. John. Thanks again for a great post to make me day dream!

JLB April 24, 2008 at 11:13 am

What a great set of views!!!

abbreviated April 24, 2008 at 12:41 pm

I’m the paternal grandmother of a 4yo grandson, but no DIL. His pro-life, pro-marriage song helped me through the time before he was born. Sorry, can’t remember the name. The video was awesome.

He’s one of those celebrities you want not only a picture of his face, but also one of his backside !

Marie April 24, 2008 at 2:08 pm

No closet pictures? I wanted to see if there really WAS a keg in there.

I loooove Kenny. Not as much as I love Tim McGraw, but that obsession is in a whole other stratosphere.

Amy April 24, 2008 at 2:40 pm

I love, love, love that house. I’m originally from FL and have always loved Mediterranean style homes. This one is super-dreamy.

And it just so happens that I live in Franklin although I have no idea where his “extra-voluminous” house is. A lot of country music people live here though. One day I was waiting at a traffic light and Sarah Evans drove by. Funny.

Angela April 24, 2008 at 9:28 pm

Hey, Julia! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the kind words! I have a rather unhealthy love of houses, too. When driving through neighborhoods at night, I tell my hubby to slow down so I can look in the windows–not in hopes of catching someone in the buff but to see the interiors! I loved your post on the fugly furniture. Who buys that stuff? That Bengals chair is my vote for the worst. UGH! I’ll be stopping by again!

Penny Cooper August 10, 2008 at 1:57 pm

hey i think that you are awsome and your house is gourgous! me and my best friend stacy have been on your tour bus before you are AWSOME!

TRACY February 14, 2009 at 11:44 pm

IS THIS PARADISE OR WHAT? PETER PAN PINCH ME. LOVE TO SEE IT IN PERSON WITH KENNY.

Noah England July 2, 2009 at 4:59 pm

I love your house I think it is very gorgeouse. i hope to live in a house like it some day.

Keep it real from your guy,
sincerely Noah.

Joel December 19, 2009 at 12:48 am

This is lovely!

kimberly h December 30, 2009 at 9:43 pm

One question and a comment.

How come Kenny ,I live less than 30 mintes from Franklin and have never been blessed enough to run into you?…….

I’m sure I could find somewhere he could hang his hat:P

Donna Price February 18, 2010 at 5:40 pm

KENNY KENNY KENNY. ONE DAY

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com July 11, 2010 at 12:28 pm

Seriously hot farm table in the kitchen :)
.-= Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com´s last blog ..Contest- Superhero Needed =-.

Judy Hayes June 15, 2011 at 12:34 pm

I think it’s a beautiful home!!! I hope he get’s every dime he is asking for it!! He is one of my favote singer’s!! God Bless you!!

{ 2 trackbacks }