The Top 5 Before & Afters from 2009

I showed you lots of great makeovers in 2009, but here are 5 of the most popular. Click the “before” photos to see the “afters.”

#1: A House on the Gulf Gets a Fresh Look:

house on the gulf makeover

orange-line

#2: An Old Bungalow Finds Its Bliss:

rachaels-bungalow-before-1

orange-line

#3: An “Everything Room” Finds Room for Everything:

everything-rm-doors-before-300x225

orange-line

#4: A Dark Hallway Lightens Up:

joan-rivers-hallway-before-194x300

orange-line

#5: A Kitchen Goes from 1939 Sad to 2009 Fab:

bungalow kitchen beforeorange-line

You can see the rest of the Before & Afters from 2009 here and more at Southern Hospitality’s Before & After Party!

Rhoda's Before & After 09 party button

Did You See These?

Comments

Wow, Julia these are amazing! The first one is incredible. And the last one keeps a nod to the home ~ love that they did n ot go overboard!
    Paula Grace :)
    .-= Paula Grace´s last blog ..Dream with a View ~ =-.

Those are some great transformations. The first one is AMAZING, and I love Michelle’s everything room!
    Hope you have a great day! Beth. :)
    .-= beth´s last blog ..Birthday goodies =-.

Do love all the transformations but really enjoyed the everything room and the kitchen redo is so nice too!
    .-= Mary´s last blog .. =-.

Yay!! Congrats to my blog partner Victoria for making your Top 5 list!! I’ve seen her “after” kitchen in person, and it looks even better than in the pictures :-)

Five great rooms, and great inspiration for those of us who are planning or are in the midst of room makeovers :-)

Kelly

Oh my gosh Julia, you have me blushing. Thank you so much for including me in this list. I’m honored! Your blog is amazing and I look forward to see what you post in this new year. The other makeovers are beautiful, that kitchen is so different, you wouldn’t know it was the same space!
    ~Michelle
    .-= Michelle´s last blog ..Hot glue and ruffles… =-.

My favorite is number 1. It turned out gorgeous. Joan Rivers transformation of the long hallway is amazing. How one long ugly hallway turned into such a gorgeous one is very impressive.
    .-= Susie´s last blog ..Mommy’s In A Time- Out =-.

What a wonderful way to start a work-week Wednesday (you know… mid-way in and you’re desparately watching for the weekend kind of day!!)… having my kitchen featured as one of your top 5 before and afters for 2009! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! How thrilling AND what an honour!! If all goes well I should have more transformations to share over the year and maybe, just maybe, I’ll make your list again!! There – a goal for the New Year!!
    All the very best,
    Victoria @ DesignTies
    .-= Victoria @ DesignTies´s last blog ..That’s one sexy toaster!! =-.

Hi Julia,
    As always, it’s so much fun to come here and get a peek into so many different homes all in one sitting! I especially loved the gulf house great/family room. And of course the kitchen redo is terrific, (but I do have special love for my own kitchen remodel!!) Thanks for recapping this for us.
    Happy New Year!
    XO
    Heidi – Heart and Home
    .-= Heidi´s last blog ..The Year Recapped at Heart and Home =-.

SO good, I can’t decide which is my favorite…The house on the gulf (looove a pure white kitchen), or the green bungalow…Hopefully this time next year my pile o’bricks will be a top 5 before-and-after…if we ever finish! ahh!
    .-= Bailey´s last blog ..Peace Out, Homeslice. =-.

10. E. George says

Hi Julia love the gulf and the bungalow great before and afters. I must tell you I received my book this morning at 6.45 am – Downtown Chic absolutely beautiful haven’t read it yet but drooled over every page. Thank you for sharing as always what would we do without you. Regards Esther from Sydney.

Um…wow. My recent absence from the blogosphere caused me to miss this until now. I’m humbled, Julia! Thanks for including me in such great make-over company–and thanks to the commenters for the love!
    .-= bungalowbliss´s last blog ..Bidding Adieu =-.