Hooked on This Remodeled Craftsman Bungalow

by hookedonhouses on February 26, 2009

Here’s what I’m hooked on today–this charming Craftsman Bungalow that I spotted over at Lookiloos. I love everything about it, from the front porch to the pergola in back. The entire home was lovingly renovated. There are “secret hiding spots” on each floor, like a hidden room off one of the bedrooms, and another underneath the stairs. There’s even a clever hide-away for the dog food bowl in the kitchen!

Go to Lookiloos to take the full house tour. Be sure to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to see the entire slideshow. If you like Craftsmans as much as I do, then you won’t want to miss a single photo.

Now it’s your turn to tell us what you’re hooked on today! If you have something to share with us on your blog, then add your link below.
~

Hooked on Fridays Participants

1. Mary Beth {Chair Redo Inspiration}
2. Arleen @ Seasons for All at Home (French doors and windows)
3. TidyMom (White Dishes)
4. A Simple Walk (IKEA silverware)
5. Living With Lindsay ( Monograms!)
6. Angie (spring centerpiece)
7. Emily@remodelingthislife (pretty kitchens)
8. Katie @ Clean and Classic Interiors
9. She\’s Star-Crossed (anthropologie)
10. Gennaro
11. Shannon {Wall Decals}
12. Creations From My Heart (thrift stores)
13. PamperingBeki (kindness)
14. Kim @ Forever Wherever (Wally-Docking)
15. Susan (Tablescapes)
16. desiree@lookiloos
17. the BLAH BLAH BLAHger (Fabri-tac)
18. ImagineCozy (Room Redesign)
19. Gigi @ Lemonade Home
20. Cary@anewpath
21. Katie-European Kitchen Remodel DONE!
22. Maya (Hooked on Shell Pink)
23. TK – Shutze Award Winner – 2009
24. Pretty Organizer (Hooked on Toile!)
25. Fifi Flowers
26. Karla @ It\’s The Little Things…
27. Diana@TheDevineHome (You\’ve Got Mail)!
28. Tina @ Luphia loves… {Hooked on Vintage Linen}
29. Liz@Violet Posy (Bunting)
30. Dagny @ Beautiful Living (hooked on my chaise :))
31. Amber.Filkins @ {ae filkins}
32. Styling by Coty Farquhar (hooked on hats)
33. Troischats (Country holidays! And old hotels)
34. susan (Your home, only better.)
35. Christy(fix mommy another a martini)
36. carolinajewel
37. Kimm at Reinvented
38. Lacy @ Tatumfam
39. Angela @ Peonypatch – Habits
40. Songbirdtiff (FREE curtains)
41. Wayfaring Wanderer—Bluebirds
42. Rosidah A., Indonesia (Blog Carnival)
43. Gayle (Free Patterns)
44. Eileen @ Star\’s Fault
45. Christine @ Journeys of Mangonett
46. Mary (motivation for the non-morning person)
47. Lisa~A Cottage To Me
48. Our Nifty Notebook (Homeschool Blogs)
49. Laurel Street (honeybees & etsy)
50. Holly@Homebody(Beach House)
51. Cass at That Old House (hooked on my old house!)
52. Jill (antiquing!!!)
53. sue@solsticehome
54. Leila –What should a family room look like?
55. Suzy Homemaker (vintage aprons)
56. Pam @ GardenDesigns more
57. Elodie (homeschooling and children books)
58. Tamara
59. 7MSN Ranch (photos on canvas)
60. Hydrangea Home
61. amy Cannon(signsofthesouth)
62. valgal(whatyourdogsaysaboutyou)
63. Vintagesquirrel (biscuit tins)
64. Carolina Mama (Tribeca & NYC)
65. MandM
66. Becky
67. Visual Vamp
68. Puna
69. Janet@Housepeepers

Powered by… Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets.

NOTE: IS YOUR LINK MISSING? That means you linked to your general blog address and not a specific post, and I couldn’t figure out which post was for Hooked on Fridays. Please remember to use your post’s permalink and to link back to the party so there’s no confusion. Everyone makes mistakes–-just fix it and try again next week!

TidyMom February 26, 2009 at 10:28 pm

What a beautiful house!! I LOVE the dog bowl in the drawer!! LOL

~TidyMom

Emily@remodelingthislife February 26, 2009 at 10:30 pm

Swoon!!

I love Craftsman Bungalows. So much. I have vowed not to move until I can move to the craftsman bungalow of my dreams.

Emily@remodelingthislife’s last blog post..Link Love: Baby, It’s Cold Outside Edition

Angie February 26, 2009 at 10:36 pm

I love this house, it’s so pretty!! The kitchen is perfect!!

Angie’s last blog post..Empty Arms, full heart

Arleen February 26, 2009 at 10:52 pm

Hi Julia. Truth be told, I’ve never been a fan of Craftsman style houses. But I sure like that kitchen, especially the window! Happy Friday, and thanks again for hosting these fun parties. ~Arleen

Arleen’s last blog post..Inspiration ~ French Doors & Windows

Gennaro February 26, 2009 at 11:11 pm

Beautiful kitchen. Love the openness and counter space.

Gennaro’s last blog post..Take A Hike! Into The Wilderness

maya | springtree road February 26, 2009 at 11:14 pm

lovelovelove it. it’s perfect.

Kim @ Forever Wherever February 26, 2009 at 11:38 pm

The kitchen is great! I could use a spot to hide the dog bowls! :-)
-Kim

desiree@lookiloos February 26, 2009 at 11:51 pm

Wow! Thanks Julia. This was one of my favs. The house is wonderful but so were the owners!

desiree@lookiloos’s last blog post..Chase Those Chilly Blues Away

Holly February 26, 2009 at 11:53 pm

I think I love everything about this house. Like in love. Seriously. I think it is possible that it was meant to be my house, but cruel fate thwarted my destiny.

Holly’s last blog post..Today’s Menu

Robin February 27, 2009 at 12:13 am

My last house was a Craftsman-influenced colonial, and I miss all the builtins and wood trim. I love the kitchen in this house.

Robin’s last blog post..And we take requests

Gigi February 27, 2009 at 12:16 am

I’m so glad you do Hooked on Fridays. It’s almost the only time I post anymore. I must need the structure- ha!

This house is yummy- thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend!

Gigi’s last blog post..Hooked on Thrift Stores

Susan February 27, 2009 at 12:18 am

Hi Julia,
Thanks for having the Friday Blog Party. I linked to a link that shows what I’m hooked on and then I linked to your blog on my Blog for today…that was the best way I could think to do it. :-) I LOVE your blog! You always have the BEST posts and I really appreciate all the work you put into your blog! Love the Craftsman home you are featuring…you always find the best of the best!
Susan

Susan’s last blog post..Hooked on Fridays Blog Party and Foodie Friday…A Double Post!

Katie @ makingthishome.com February 27, 2009 at 12:28 am

That kitchen… the perfect thing to be looking at right now. Your posts have all been so wonderful this week, Julia. I just caught up, and Oh My Gosh for that 80s house. haha. Excellent catch (to blog about, not own, of course)
Katie

Katie @ makingthishome.com’s last blog post..You’ve Changed Us, Kitchen

Maya@Completely Coastal February 27, 2009 at 12:38 am

Me too, love the kitchen, the island is fantastic. Thanks Julia again for hosting this great party!

Maya@Completely Coastal’s last blog post..The Color Shell Pink

amy February 27, 2009 at 12:55 am

Visiting the Delta I have seen a lot of wonderful houses. Some looking very much like this one…Love them all!!

amy’s last blog post..Signs of The Delta

Terry Kearns February 27, 2009 at 12:59 am

Gasp: 901 to 3200 square feet! I like the beams. I like the blue mixed tile backsplash.

Terry Kearns’s last blog post..2009 Shutze Award winner, Dutch colonial renovation by D. Stanley Dixon

ValGalCannon February 27, 2009 at 1:55 am

Valerie says this is the kind of home in precious little fluffy diva would love to live it…Oh so dreamy!!!

Karla February 27, 2009 at 2:00 am

I could easily see my family and I settling into this house! It’s beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

And thanks for hosting Hooked On Friday’s! All linked up :) FUN!

~Karla

Karla’s last blog post..What Am I Hooked On, You Ask?

Dagny @ Beautiful Living February 27, 2009 at 3:23 am

Very cute house! I’m currently hooked on my vintage Biedermeier chaise.. LOVE it!

Dagny @ Beautiful Living’s last blog post..Stuen min del 1 / My Living Room – part 1

ida February 27, 2009 at 3:31 am

i love all the windows on the first floor. the masterbed room was nice. but i personally…..love more mirrors. not many mirrors in that house. ;) and the dog bowl. unreal. my dog is like a little hog. she would have never kept that area so clean. its a cute idea. but, it wont rock in my house. the piglet needs to be messy. infact when she is a little ticked at us she kinda spreads her food around the kitchen.

Coty Farquhar February 27, 2009 at 3:37 am

Hi Julia,

Well I’m back, I hope I have done all the right things to link to you this week, last time I was lost in the system. Drop over and have a look, however you do have to scroll down through a few of my images to get to my post section, it’s just the design of my blog.

I,m hooked on so many things at the moment, especially bogging and blogging parties. I have a post on beautiful old images of vintage hats, I love them.

Have a great weekend,

Coty Farquhar, Australia

Coty Farquhar’s last blog post..Amazing vintage hats

Troischats February 27, 2009 at 6:24 am

That kitchen is amazing! Wouldn’t it be wonderful to have one at home like that … sigh …

Troischats’s last blog post..Mildura, your time starts now

Kathi February 27, 2009 at 6:44 am

When can I move in?

Kathi’s last blog post.."Window" Shopping

Susan Smith February 27, 2009 at 6:51 am

I have such a sweet spot for bungalows! They are so charming! I’m going to check the full tour – I’ve gotta see that doggie bowl hider thing! :)

Susan Smith’s last blog post..White Hot!

christy February 27, 2009 at 7:10 am

If I could move into that house tomorrow, I would. I’m going to check out the full tour on the link you provided now. I love craftsman bungalows — would love to see more of them on your site Julia! :)

christy’s last blog post..Be a sweetheart and fix mommy another martini….

Lacy February 27, 2009 at 7:52 am

Craftsmans are hands-down my favorite architectural style! I never grow tired of looking at them, so this was a wonderful treat this morning! Thanks for posting!

Lacy’s last blog post..Hooked on… Adiri Natural Nurser

carolinajewel February 27, 2009 at 8:13 am

I just found your blog at Susan’s Between Naps on the Porch. I love it!!!! I can’t wait until this weekend to go through all I have missed. :D Jewel

carolinajewel’s last blog post..Metamorphosis Monday- Foyer

Denise February 27, 2009 at 8:22 am

I love that bungalow and I love where it’s located – Los Gatos! My husband was living there when we met. It’s a wonderful California town full of renovated bungalows. I could live there!! Can’t wait to share this post with my husband. Thanks Julia – you find the best houses.

Denise’s last blog post..The Geek Squad hits Seattle

Angela February 27, 2009 at 8:42 am

LOVE this house!! Thanks for hosting your Friday parties! I look forward to them every week!! :-) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Abby February 27, 2009 at 8:58 am

I LOVE craftsmans! It’s beautiful!

Abby’s last blog post..Vote for Bogart!

LeAnn February 27, 2009 at 9:22 am

Bungalows are my absolute favorite style of home and this one is beautiful. I’ll take it!!

LeAnn

LeAnn’s last blog post..French doors

Rosidah February 27, 2009 at 9:26 am

Hi Julia, sorry it took so long. Got really hooked on :). The kitchen looks awesome! Best wishes

Rosidah’s last blog post..SkyWatch Friday: Over The Indonesian Beach

Gayle February 27, 2009 at 9:28 am

What a pretty house! The window at the sink is so beautiful!

Thank you for hosting another party! I really love visiting everyone and seeing what they’re hooked on.

Gayle’s last blog post..Free Crochet Duck Pattern

Dusti February 27, 2009 at 9:46 am

We lived in Los Gatos for awhile when I was a child, I remember it well. We were there last year, it is an awesome little community. That is so cool to see!

Mary February 27, 2009 at 10:35 am

I LOVE the kitchen in this Craftsman! And the bathrooms are great, too – that’s my next project!

Mary’s last blog post..Motivation for the non-morning person

ValGalCannon February 27, 2009 at 10:37 am

Any li!ttle fluffy friend would love to call this home

Lisa February 27, 2009 at 10:53 am

Okay….so I haven’t quite figured this out yet! How to link to my post WITHOUT just linking to my whole blog! So I linked twice, because I couldn’t figure out how to go back in and fix it or delete it, on your site. I am so sorry! You have to help me again. Please email me, if you can and tell me what I should be doing!
Thanks,
Lisa

Aubrey February 27, 2009 at 11:48 am

Oh man, houses like that make me wish I were rich and could have the perfect house where someone else did all the work for me. That was such an awesome remodel.

Aubrey’s last blog post..Bedheaded Randomness

hookedonhouses February 27, 2009 at 12:35 pm

Lisa–

A lot of people are having trouble with this today, so don’t feel bad. I’ve had to delete quite a few links because they weren’t inserted correctly, or they were the main blog address instead of the permalink to the post. If there’s a mention of Hooked on Fridays and a link back somewhere on the blog, then I edit it for them. If I can’t find any sign of which post they meant to link to, I have to delete it.

I know it’s confusing to a lot of people until they’ve done it a few times. To get the permalink, all you should have to do is right-click on the title of the post you want to link to, copy, and then paste into the Mr Linky.

If anyone is still confused, click on the link I put on the word “permalink” in the post, which will take you to a more detailed explanation of what it is and how to copy and paste it.

Thanks for joining the party! :-)

sue@solsticehome February 27, 2009 at 12:59 pm

I’m hooked on “hooked on houses”..can I be hooked on this house too! can it be anymore perfect…hidden rooms…sigh

sue@solsticehome’s last blog post..what lurks under

Leila February 27, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Thanks so much for the link! I can’t wait to see everyone’s posts.

The Craftsman is to die for. Why can’t they make houses like this now??

Leila’s last blog post..What should a family room look like?

Suzy February 27, 2009 at 2:04 pm

I love, love, love Craftsman Style Houses. I love that quarter sawn oak look that craftsman furniture evokes. I can’t believe that Sears used to sell these houses as kits… Thanks for the link!

Suzy’s last blog post..Hooked on Vintage Aprons….

Tamara February 27, 2009 at 2:26 pm

I just love all the fun stuff we get to see on the weekend :) I love checking out what other’s are in to!

Tamara’s last blog post..Hooked on Keepin’ It Fun!

Jenny February 27, 2009 at 2:39 pm

I like the kitchen, but not the back splash. I also love the bathrooms! Is that a homeschooling room with the chalk board and maps? Love that!

Amy February 27, 2009 at 3:22 pm

A trip down Grand Bpulevard! Lot of the houses look like this one !

Amy’s last blog post..Signs of The Delta

Elodie February 27, 2009 at 3:48 pm

That is my first time participating to this carnival. I love all the links here! Have a great day!

Elodie’s last blog post..Homeschooling and books update!

Mom in High Heels February 27, 2009 at 3:51 pm

OMG, I love it. I love Craftsman style! I’d like to move in right away!

Mom in High Heels’s last blog post..Fasching! Hi-yooooooooo!

SoBella Creations February 27, 2009 at 4:05 pm

I love craftsman style houses. Thanks for the pictures.

I’m hooked on Springtime. I can’t wait for Spring to arrive.

SoBella Creations’s last blog post..Springtime

Amy February 27, 2009 at 4:08 pm

hey !!Yeah I figured it out..Helps if you read the instructions!!! I am one of those you know trial and error kind of people…Sorry!!! Thanks for being so sweet!

Amy’s last blog post..Signs of The Delta

Becky February 27, 2009 at 8:36 pm

What a great party…I didn’t have to get all dressed up so I’m comfortable to go blog hopping and have fun…

Becky’s last blog post..Hooked on Signs of Spring

Sue February 27, 2009 at 11:10 pm

what a great idea putting a dog bowl in a drawer, very clever. I thought the wooms with nothing on the windows looked a bit cold, it must be strange at night…and the home owner scared me with his pale white skinny legs….

Sue’s last blog post..WEEKENDS IN PARIS……..Local Color

Sue February 27, 2009 at 11:11 pm

what a great idea putting a dog bowl in a drawer, very clever. I thought the rooms with nothing on the windows looked a bit cold, it must be strange at night…and the home owner scared me with his pale white skinny legs….

Sue’s last blog post..WEEKENDS IN PARIS……..Local Color

jodyangel February 28, 2009 at 1:11 pm

Ohh I’m so glad I found this site!! I love houses. Old houses. I’m currently taking photo’s of very old houses in my area of NJ where I live and saving them in flickr. My house is over 100 yrs old and I love it!
So you will see me here as a regular. Keep up the great work!!
And thank you =)

jodyangel’s last blog post..Getting ready to Work.

janet February 28, 2009 at 7:08 pm

Well I tried to do it right, but somehow managed to get in there twice, but it does go to the correct post…maybe I got it partly right. Not a good day!
Janet

rue February 28, 2009 at 11:50 pm

That house is really cute!! I love the pergola off the back :)

Too busy killing myelf to join in this week LOL

rue

rue’s last blog post..Has it been 4 days?

laura @ the shorehouse. March 1, 2009 at 12:31 am

I’m baaa-accckkk. I’ve missed you. :-) Isn’t this house a peach?? I have to say, I love the Craftsman style…and since we were in Colorado, I kept telling Mike he needs to work on retiring (’cause I’m nowhere near being able to make that happen!) so we can live in a Craftsman in the mountains with our dog(s). (We’d get more dogs if we were in the mountains, natch. ;-) So I’ll have to show him this house to gently guide him…I love Lookiloos so I’m sure I’ll love the house.

laura @ the shorehouse.’s last blog post..The Happy Baker Returns

kthnxbye March 2, 2009 at 5:39 pm

SO close but NO cigar. I want them to have had wood/stained trim instead of white painted and a prep sink in the island. And use a creamy pale white (like Benjamin Moore Greek Villa)on the walls instead of yellow, and plop it down in MY neighborhood and sell it to me at a price I can afford. THEN it would be perfect!

kthnxbye March 2, 2009 at 5:41 pm

I mean to say the trim in the rest of the house, not the kitchen. The kitchen color scheme is nice! Perfect if it only had that prep sink. ;-)

riza @ kitchen drawer organizers May 5, 2011 at 4:23 pm

The house really looks good! I want to have such house model, although it is called remodeled. I thought of somewhat like renovation of my house to look it spacious and very anew. Thanks much for the idea!

{ 10 trackbacks }