Are Your Favorite HGTV Shows Returning This Fall?

by hookedonhouses on October 2, 2012

Wondering if your favorite shows will be returning with new episodes this fall on HGTV? Here’s the press release they sent me with all the deets about the ones that will be premiering new seasons soon. I was happy to see that Sarah Richardson’s Sarah 101 is on the schedule. Take a look and see if yours made the list!

HGTV’S RETURNING SERIES FOR FALL 2012 PROGRAMMING

New York, N.Y. [For Immediate Release] HGTV welcomes fresh episodes of 11 fan favorite shows this fall.

Sarah 101

Premiere: Monday, October 1, at 8:30 a.m. ET/PT

Host: Sarah Richardson

In Sarah 101, designer Sarah Richardson gives viewers a back-to-basics crash course in design that breaks every project into simple building blocks, while showcasing her signature tips and tricks to solve homeowner’s design problems.

Million Dollar Rooms

Premiere: Tuesday, October 2, at 11 p.m. ET/PT

Host: Carter Oosterhouse

Million Dollar Rooms provides an all-access look inside the luxurious homes from around the world where the homeowners have spared no expense in creating the most expensive and jaw-dropping spaces. In this season, host Carter Oosterhouse invites viewers to see many spectacular residences, including a $78 million private island estate that boasts a multi-million dollar garage and a Sunny Isle master suite that features $200,000 alligator skin closet doors.

Bath Crashers

Premiere: Saturday, October 6, at 10:30 a.m. ET/PT

Host: Matt Muenster

Licensed Contractor Matt Muenster and his Bath Crashers crew ambush unsuspecting homeowners, talk their way into their bathrooms, and completely transform the space in three days. Matt takes tired, cramped and truly hideous bathrooms and tricks them out with the latest and greatest in bathroom gear: TVs hidden in mirrors, heated floors, sexy tubs, storage options and above all, jaw dropping style.

My House Your Money

Premiere:  Sunday, October 7, at 3:30 p.m. ET/PT

Check out what really goes on behind closed doors as prospective home buyers turn to their extended family members for financial help in order to land their dream home.  Cameras catch all the drama and high-stakes pressure of the classic generational tug-of-war as families fight for their property pick and struggle to come to a compromise.

Extreme Homes

Premiere: Thursday, October 4, at 9 p.m. ET/PT

From construction to completion, Extreme Homes takes an up-close look at some of the world’s most spectacular houses ever built.  From a seaside house made of refrigerator panels to a spherical home that revolves with the sun – find out what makes these properties unique.

The High Low Project

Premiere:  Saturday, October 6, at 7:30 p.m. ET/PT

Host: Sabrina Soto

Designer Sabrina Soto creates the ideal space for homeowners – whether it’s a contemporary living room or a sumptuously romantic bedroom. First, Sabrina reveals a luxurious room based on the homeowner’s style preferences.  Then, piece by piece she and her team shop and create a high-end design that mimics the exact look that fits the couple’s budget.

The White Room Challenge

Premiere: Friday, October 26, at 1 p.m. ET/PT

Host: David Bromstad

Four challengers compete in the White Room Studio hoping to walk away as the contest’s best designer and winner of $10,000. They are tasked with transforming their empty spaces using only Hershey’s candy and merchandise – in under fifteen hours. During this special competition, not only are challengers battling to design a room of their client’s dreams, but the clients themselves can win $5,000.

Love It or List It

Premiere: Monday, October 29, at 9 p.m. ET/PT

Hosts: Hilary Farr and David Visentin

In each hour-long episode of Love It or List It, realtor David Visentin and designer Hilary Farr compete for the homeowners’ final decision to stay or go. Using his insider perspective on the real estate market, David helps target listings for the confused homeowners, while Hilary renovates and redecorates their worn-out home to suit their current needs, raising the home’s value.  In the end, the homeowners can decide to stay in their newly transformed space or put it on the market.

Selling LA

Premiere: October TBD

From Beverly Hills to the Sunset Strip, Los Angeles is a place where the rich and famous live large and everyone has a dream. For the region’s real estate brokers, landing a client and closing a deal can be very competitive. Follow three real estate firms as they build up their roster of millionaire clients, tour spectacular properties and network their way through the competitive world of high-end real estate.

(Note: I Hate My Bath and Selling New York will return, too, in November-December.)

What are your favorite HGTV shows right now? Did they make the list?

The most-searched-for HGTV topics on my blog right now:

Kym October 2, 2012 at 7:16 am

One of my favorites made it, Love it or List it. I love that show, I DVR it all the time! My other favorite HGTV show is Property Brothers. I like to see how they fix up a home to make it a person’s dream home and fit their needs.

65andcounting October 2, 2012 at 7:19 am

Sorry HGTV but of the list, only one show makes it to my idea of a favorite: Sarah 101. All the other shows are awful, especially Love it or List it. Maybe, maybe I could tolerate Selling LA but Selling NY is such a classic that its west-coast twin just doesn’t cut it. I’ve never warmed up to David Bromstad’s idea of design so I’d feel like someone really hated me if I were to get a room makeover by him. I do like Sabrina Soto however and the Hi Lo Project has a good concept but doesn’t keep my attention long enough to watch the whole show. And I totally grit my teeth at My House Your Money. Ugh.

Connie October 2, 2012 at 8:16 pm

I so agree with you. What happened to the true design shows? Now it’s all about real estate. And after you have your house, you just want to see different ways of using your space, not shlepping through empty rooms in listings that all look alike. I’d love to see the old shows with Kitty, Chris, and even hokey Sherry and Matt. Ahh, for the good old days!

kasey October 2, 2012 at 11:48 pm

I so agree with you Connie. I miss the old shows where it was about designing for normal people with normal or miniscule budgets–real projects. Shows like FreeStyle and ReDesign, or even Design on a Dime or Decorating Cents, and yes Matt & Sherry, are what made me love the network.

New eps of House Hunters International, Income Property, For Rent & Sarah’s shows are the only HGTV shows regularly on my tivo season pass. (well also FreeStyle because I live in hope). I’ll watch Extreme Homes, High/Low or White Room if I notice it & am not already busy but I don’t care about them.

I wonder what happened with Kitchen Cousins — that’s an okay show.

Gerry October 3, 2012 at 9:04 am

I’m so with you guys on this. I haven’t watched HGTV in years. It’s supposed to be a home and garden channel, NOT a real estate channel. I miss all those old shows…. Kitty, Matt and Sherri, Joan Steffen, Joe Ruggierro, etc. etc. When Linda Applewhite did a room it was always spectacular!

Lynn October 3, 2012 at 9:40 am

I agree with you as well! I miss true design and decorating shows so much. The real estate shows are enjoyable, but HGTV has gone the way of reality TV like every other network. I LOVED Sherry and Matt. :)

MEVANS October 5, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Wow -couldn’t agree more!

I too miss the TRUE design and decorating shows! Property Bros – average…Love it or List it….yawn. Design on a Dime, Decorating Cents, Designed to Sell = MISS THEM ALL. The Selling NY/LA – boring. And please take off that husband,wife, twin daughter show – it’s HORRIBLE.

Judy Greenwald February 13, 2013 at 5:30 pm

I so agree with you!! Bring back the old show concepts and quit pushing real estate shows on the viewers … who cares about an empty penthouse in New York!!

Jenny@EvolutionofStyle October 2, 2012 at 7:25 am

I heart Sarah 101 – so glad to see that one on the list! I’m a fan of Property Brothers and really love their new Buying and Selling show too. Love It or List It is one that I watch sometimes too, but Sarah is definitely my fave of the ones listed. What about Candice Olson?? She’s another one I love. I have seen some marathon episodes of her shows on the weekend (new), and am hoping she’ll still be somewhere in there for fall.

Chris Howard October 2, 2012 at 7:32 am

I enjoy Sarah’s House, so I’m sure I will like Sarah 101. Because I’m in the middle of a massive renovation right now, I really love Bang For Your Buck and My House Is Worth What?. I’m hoping they both get picked up for another season.

Patricia Petro October 2, 2012 at 7:57 am

I love Sarah and everything she does. Least favorite is Love It or List It — the constant {fake} bickering, drama, and conflict is not appealing at all.

Dinorah October 2, 2012 at 6:48 pm

I’m with you Patricia. The renovation budgets are ridiculous for the amount of work the homeowners want to do. Hilary and the real estate guy should go to acting school. I cannot stand that show. I would call that Love it or Change the channel.

Shelley October 5, 2012 at 3:40 pm

The constant bickering gets so old, and of course the budget for what they want done is so out of touch. Hate that show!!!

Sandra October 2, 2012 at 8:05 am

I love everything Sarah does, and Sabrina’s show is great, so I’m glad to see them back! I like Love it or List it to see the renovations but the homeowners always drive me crazy. I like the Property Brothers too, but I’ve seen all their shows, we need some new ones not re-runs!

Christina from Dallas October 2, 2012 at 8:06 am

I’m glad to hear “Selling New York” will be back as well as “Selling LA”. I like “Selling New York” more than “Selling LA.” The people seem more fake on “Selling LA” plus, the realtors are always arguing. On” Selling New York,” the realtors are more professional and have class. Plus,I just like to marvel at the prices of apartments there. You know the old 1 million for 1200 square feet thing. That amazes me.

hookedonhouses October 2, 2012 at 9:48 am

Gotta agree with you, Christina. I prefer “Selling NY,” too.

penny October 2, 2012 at 8:42 am

Hate love it or list it. That’s all that’s on these days. If it wasn’t crammed down our throat so much I might tolerate it. Ready for real designing shows back, not these bad scripted reality shows.

barb October 2, 2012 at 3:15 pm

AMEN!!!

Jessica October 2, 2012 at 9:12 am

I caught Sarah 101 yesterday (thanks DVR!), but seriously why the 8:30 A.M. timeslot?!?

hookedonhouses October 2, 2012 at 9:47 am

I don’t know what’s up with that. And my DVR isn’t saying it’s scheduled for next Monday at all. Strange.

shan October 2, 2012 at 9:20 am

Where’s Genevieve?? I also like Secrets From a Stylist.

KatyO October 2, 2012 at 10:22 am

I agree – Secrets from a Stylist is one of my favorites. I still watch the reruns. I just love Emily’s mix of unique and vintage finds.

Is it wrong that Donna Decorates Dallas is one of my guilty pleasures? Her style is polar opposite of mine but the show is hysterical. I just can’t believe that people really pay big $$ for such over the top stuff.

me October 2, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Donna is train-wreck TV. LOVE IT.

NANCY October 2, 2012 at 9:36 am

My favorite is Sarah Richardson and Candace Olsen hope they are on after 7 pm when I can relax and watch my favorite shows.

Dean October 2, 2012 at 9:54 am

I guess I’m an old fuddy duddy, because the only HGTV shows I watch with any regularity are House Hunters and House Hunters International. I was also a huge Candice Olson fan. I kind of like Selling NY. Can’t stand Bromstad or the Property Brothers.

MimiG October 2, 2012 at 10:26 am

I have to say of the new shows, only Sarah 101 appeals, the others are too boring for me and I’m either changing channles quickly, or don’t have it on at all. If they would bring back Ahmed on Yard Crashers, I would watch it again. Most of the new hosts are “whiners” to me. Can’t listen to them.

Iris October 2, 2012 at 10:32 am

Only 2 off of that list that I will watch. Sarah 101 and The high low project. The rest I never watch.

Terry October 2, 2012 at 10:44 am

With the exception of Sarah Richardson, the whole channel has jumped the shark. For realistic renovations, I like to watch Nicole Curtis (Rehab Addict) on the DIY Channel. It seems to me that both HGTV and the Food Network have morphed into wall-to-wall infomercials. What’s with the crazed cheer leaders as hosts? I can almost hear the director yelling, “MORE ENERGY!!!!” Makes you wonder how Sarah and Ina got their own shows. Even the majority of home owners seem to have been selected for ignorance of all things real estate/design. Fake drama, fake budgets. And, please, no more hordes of beefy guys with sledge hammers!

nancy October 2, 2012 at 10:52 am

I agree 100% with the poster 65andcounting. Everything they pointed out is spot on.

Sara October 2, 2012 at 11:18 am

I don’t watch any of those. I want more Candice Olson. Thank goodness for House Hunters/International or else I wouldn’t need the channel anymore!

Laura October 2, 2012 at 11:45 am

I was a fan of HGTV back when they had Trading Spaces (did they air my favorites, Changing Rooms and Ground Force, too or was that BBC America?) Anyway, these days I find it pretty much unwatchable unless you’re feeling completely brain dead and want to see a House Hunters or Property Brothers marathon.

cindy October 3, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Trading Spaces was on TLC and the other two on BBCA.

Rebecca October 2, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Secrets of a Stylist is hands down my favorite.

Brandy October 2, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Are Property Brothers & Income Property coming back? Those are the only “real estate” shows on HGTV I watch anymore. Mainly I’d like to see HGTV go back to it’s roots–you know, decorating, not “look at rich people spend ridiculous sums of money on apartments/homes”. I’d love to see more reachable design for people who don’t have millions in the bank…

brenda January 12, 2013 at 9:20 pm

I AGREE!!!!! where did all the fun shows of the passed go? all hgtv is now is REALESTATE- fuie , IM done with it———

Denise February 11, 2013 at 6:35 pm

I agree. I used to watch this station all the time! Design on a Dime was my favorite. Now I can’t find anything interesting.

Debbie October 2, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Lately I can barely watch HGTV, with all the camera jirations I get a headache. I do really like Selling NY & Selling LA, although Selling NY is my favorite of the two. It’s fun to see properties that are SO expensive that I would never have a chance to set foot in them. Also, the viewer gets a chance to see what the culture and lifestyle is like for the people who buy these homes.

Love it or List it is one of my least favorites. It is so incredibly fake and scripted, one time I could tell what the outcome was because they filmed the homeowner’s door with the realtor lockbox on the door. So I knew that at the end they were going to list it. Also, all the fake arguing makes me cringe.

I have never seen Sarah 101. From all of the positive feedback I’m going to have to watch it! :-)

Sandy October 2, 2012 at 2:25 pm

The only one I care about is Sarah 101 ! Thanks for the heads up. I just set my DVR. I love Sarah! The rest of the shows listed don’t excite me. I like Curb Appeal and Curb Appeal Block and Income Property. The Property Brothers is ok too.

Sharon Avinger October 2, 2012 at 2:27 pm

My absolute favorites are anything with Sarah Richardson and also the High-Low Project with Sabrina. Love her. Can’t stand David Bromstad and I agree that Love it or List it is over-scripted and silly. Love Candice and admire her good taste. Will she be back? The Property Brothers’ new show is very good and I enjoy watching them. I adore Selling New York and wish they would add it NOW instead of waiting until November or December and put it back at a “normal” night time like the old 9 pm slot. Selling LA – way too fake. I do watch House Hunters but don’t care for the international one. Love HGTV!

Tanessa October 2, 2012 at 2:29 pm

I like Selling New York, Bath Crashers and Sarah Richardson. Love it or list it needs to change it’s format like The Property Brothers did. After a while it just gets old and boring.

Vicki October 2, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Yay, I’m glad Sarah 101 is back! I don’t know what’s going on with them and HGTV Canada, but I noticed they did a recent Saturday afternoon run of Candice Tells All, just like they did with Sarah’s House. It seems like they’re having contract issues with Canada & so they’re not promoting when they air their shows (and airing them at weird times). Thank goodness for the DVR.

Karin October 2, 2012 at 4:06 pm

wow. Sarah Richardson will be on at 8:30 AM?? Love that show (and her!) but some of us have to work, HGTV!

Sandra October 2, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Am I the only one missing the Junk Gypsies?? I love that show. I actually saw them this past weekend at their tent sale at the Warrenton, Tx. twice yearly flea/junk/antique show. Please bring them back and showcase their talent and the beautiful Texas countryside!! (BTW: I also love The High/Low Project, Property Brothers, Bang for your Buck, and Home by Novogratz. A new favorite is Flea Market Flip).

Bett July 14, 2013 at 9:04 pm

I agree, Junk Gypsies is my favorite show and Rehab Addict on DIY….I hope they bring it back too???? I also loved If These Walls Could Talk, seems like they never bring back my favorites.

Kathy October 2, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Looks like slim pickings on HGTV. I can’t understand the appeal of Million Dollar Rooms. Just because you have a lot of money doesn’t always translate to good taste. I enjoy Property Brothers because their designs are realistic and livable, for the most part. Love Sarah Richardson and Tommy. She is so stinking talented and their on air chemistry is great!

Sharrieboberry October 2, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Aw,they should put the “G” back in HGTV. Bring back Paul James!

Sarah A October 3, 2012 at 6:35 am

I so agree- not enough gardening at all and Paul James was AWESOME!

Ted c October 2, 2012 at 8:44 pm

I just assumed it was going to be 24 hrs a day of variations of House Hunters.

Ted c October 2, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Sharrieboberry (fee fi fo ferrie), I think the “G” of HGTV shriveled up and died a long time ago. No one watered it.

65andcounting October 3, 2012 at 7:02 am

Ted: Hysterical response – of course, NOW, thanks to you, I can’t get Sharrieboberry fee fi fo ferrie out of my head! :-)

Carol M October 2, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Love Sarah! Her show is the only one I’m excited about. The other shows listed I could do without. Selling LA is okay, but prefer Selling NY. The only other show I’ve seen is Love It or List It. Only like to catch the very end just to see what the “after” looks like. Can’t take the scripted fake bickering.

Nita {ModVintageLife} October 2, 2012 at 9:19 pm

I rarely watch HGTV any more. I got so sick of all the House Hunters. I do like Sarah’s house but don’t get upset if I miss it. I will watch the White Box Challenge if I remember to. There was a time when I kept my tv on HGTV all the time….but I am so sick of House Hunters that I just quit watching all together. I see you have a new header….but I have to say I really liked the old one. No, I loved the old one.

Lela October 2, 2012 at 9:23 pm

The only one I will be watching is Sarah Richardson. I do love Candice Olson but she isn’t on anymore. Love the Junk Gypsys! I tolerate Property Brothers but absolutely hate Love it or List it and David Bromstad. Don’t like his style of decorating. The other shows are all so boring that I can definitely find something on another channel better than those. I just wish HGTV would listen to the viewers. We know what we want to watch! Hate, hate, hate selling New York and the one about LA and Million Dollar Homes. I can’t relate to any of them. Bring back shows like Kitty Bartholomew and teach us how to decorate and some seasonal shows about Decorating for the Seasons. You are losing me as a viewer HGTV!

Shannon October 3, 2012 at 2:17 am

People want to see the insides of other people’s homes, they want ideas on how to decorate their homes, and they want to see interesting/beautiful/luxurious places. All the scripting and fake drama looks especially silly on a Home and Garden channel. Love It Or List It is especially guilty. My House, Your Money sounds awful.
I ADORE Junk Gypsies, even though their style isn’t exactly mine. They make me happy, and they make me want to move to Texas. I will half-watch the House Hunters shows just to spy on other people’s houses. On some of the decorating shows I take my pleasure in yelling at the TV how ridiculous the rooms look. I used to sort of watch Mike Holmes until I realized I was getting totally paranoid that my house was falling apart around me or about to catch on fire.

Colleen October 3, 2012 at 5:14 am

I like Income Property–the host makes the show!! I also like the last 10 minutes of Love it/List it. I miss Designed to Sell and Get it Sold—yes, they were “real estate” shows, but they showed what you could do on a limited budget to improve your own homes style.

A.Men October 3, 2012 at 6:07 am

Hate all these fake, boring shows.

Would have liked renewed the Funky Junky Interior shows! I like recycled antique interiors with a glue gun. Lots of paint and character!

Shabby Chick October 3, 2012 at 10:52 am

Wow. I like one show. Seriously. Sarah Richardson. Used to watch Selling New York – because NYC is my favorite place on earth – but other than that, HGTV could disappear and I wouldn’t know the difference. ;)

Mellen October 3, 2012 at 10:58 am

Love it or List it. Both hosts are annoying and it’s poorly scripted. My opinion don’t love, it don’t watch it (anymore)
Property Brothers. NIce!
House Hunters. The grandfather of real estate shows!

amanda October 3, 2012 at 12:45 pm

One thing that drives me crazy about HGTV is their schedule is so random as to when new shows start and end and their schedules and sometimes they have new episodes on in the afternoons on the weekends, so weird! I actually like SOME of the real estate shows like My First Place and House Hunters, but I always want them to go back like 5 months later to see how they’ve decorated or remodeled the home. This season House Hunters has been going back 2 WEEKS LATER- the people are literally unpacking boxes, how boring! I rarely watch the new ones anymore for this reason.

Love it or List It is horrid! The fake drama is so stupid! That’s what Bravo is for, I want to see the designing, so only the reveal is semi-interesting. Also hate Property Brothers, once again, only interested in the reveal. You can’t actually learn how to do anything cuz they don’t go into enough detail, so why are we spending so much time watching them work? HGTV needs to stop with these hour long shows.

And what makes them think we want to see people’s wasteful and ugly uses of their money on Million Dollar Rooms, especially in one of the worst economies this country has seen? It’s more annoying than anything, people bragging about how much they spent on useless (and often hideous) things.

The shows I do like: Dear Genevieve (I love her style, I wish she would just redo kitchens and bathrooms-those are her best), Kitchen Cousins. Secrets from a Stylist and Income Property are ok and I do like Selling Ny (agree Selling LA just isn’t as good).

One show I kinda miss from years ago, I forget the name, maybe What You Get for the Money? Something like that. They would have 3 different cities, and 3 different price ranges and we’d see the type of home people owned, it was interesting.

Jennifer October 3, 2012 at 8:32 pm

I love Sarah Richardson and Candace Olson. I love David Bromstad too but I’m not interested in him hosting a show where other people decorate. HGTV used to be on all weekend long at my house. Now I never think to turn it on. A friend had to clue me in on the latest season of Sarah’s house and I’m so happy to hear about Sarah 101, but that will probably be the extent of what I watch.

amanda October 4, 2012 at 10:14 pm

I wanted to add, as I sit here watching it, I’m loving this new show called Living Abroad. It’s on Thursdays at 10 pm Central. Each week, they do a different city (Geneva, Vienna, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, and this week Paris!). We meet 3 different American families who now live in that city and see their home and what they paid for it, their neighborhood, what they like about the city, what they’ve found different or difficult from living in the US and so on. It’s very interesting and educational, especially if you’re interested in travel but don’t have the budget!

Lauren m October 5, 2012 at 6:17 am

I’m sick of house hunters also, and all of the make-over shows. How about bringing back Homes Across America with Joe Ruggiero? And remember the show
Dream Drives? I love looking at completed homes. I wouldn’t even mind if they ran reruns of those shows!

Cat in Oregon October 5, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Loved Dream Drives and Homes Across America..loved Kitty, Joan, Joe R…sad that HGTV only wants to appeal to a certain audience and that isn’t those of us that loved those shows. House Hunters is starting to make me ill with the greed and pickiness of the buyers who want it all and whine about not wanting to do any work including yard work…sigh! Guess I am going to stop watching my formerly fav channel!

Margie C October 7, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Wow. Okay, I DO love Sarah and HH International. Like Love it or List It, Income Property and Property Bros (or whatever their new show name is). I miss, What you Get for the Money, My House is worth What?, Junk Gypsies, Candice and Genevieve. Do not like shows with homes I will never be able to afford. The owners are usually spoiled and snotty. Doesn’t interest me and HGTV should be more sensitive to those who really are suffering in our tough economic times. David Bromstad is annoying. Miss Sandra Rinomato and do not like her replacement. This is my 2cents worth ;-)

Beverly Schaffer October 8, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Is it just me or is something wrong with my tv? Every time I turn on HGTV, they are showing House Hunters and, may i say, I am sick of it. I want to see DESIGN, not some bland houses that some lame couple might be considering. I want to be inspired, like I am by hookedonhouses.net. Thank you for letting me rant.

Camille October 15, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Sarah Richardson by far is the best designer on HGTV and please bring back any shows both past and present. David Bromstad is too edgy and big ego!
Genievive is boring and Debbie does Dallas only uses black, brown, tan and gold
with no color. Meg’s rooms is interesting if she stays sober and stops giggiling all the time. House Hunters is for the rich and not for the average viewer. You need strong designers with good taste, understanding colors and not trendy.
Trends come and go.

Mary October 20, 2012 at 10:16 pm

I thought all HGTV aired was House Hunters and House Hunter International. I used to like this channel when it was design and garden but now it is solely a real estate channel. Sorry have not watched any of these other programs or HGTV for that matter.

Cheryl October 25, 2012 at 5:49 pm

I do not like most of the new shows. I liked Sarah 101 but she does the same room over and over. I know I could pick out every room she and Candice Olsen decorate because their rooms always have telltale similarities. I really enjoyed Colour Confidential! Also, does she only buy used furniture? The real estate shows are for the birds. I also liked Design to Sell and Get It Sold because they gave valid tips and fixes for low money. I like House Hunters and HH International at first, but 4 and 5 hour blocks. That is just lazy programmers in my opinion(same with the other networks – not marathons at all JUST LAZY with no imagination!) I so miss Freestyle and Decorating Cents – just loved those shows. Maybe Mitt and the Donald like Million Dollar rooms but I just can’t relate – I never watched it at all. Your money my house is so moronic-why was that show ever picked up?

Ellen Hooper November 3, 2012 at 1:24 pm

I am really not happy with HGTV Programming. I am so sick of seeing “Love It or List It” I could scream. I agree with some of the comments below that there is too much emphasis on real estate and not enough on design. I am curious to know what happened to the design shows. I too am not a fan of Bromstad’s designs, but I absolutely love Sarah Richardson. It is now November and I have seen very few of my favorites on Saturday nights. I love the Hi/Low project but that’s the only one now airing. HGTV became extremely popular because of thier programming in the past. I am extremely disappointed in the constant reruns and crap programs that are being aired this year. Someone in HGTV Programming needs to put their head back on their shoulders and fix it.

Blake November 6, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Sarah Richardson is excellent- the rest of these shows I find mediocre. But as long as House Hunters is on- I’m happy !

Jenn November 18, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Can someone tell me why the Property Brothers are always on? Please give a newcomer a break.

Jenn November 18, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Does anyone know if the woman who won design star (I forgot her name) will get a fair shot with a new show? Only @ 5 episodes were shown and she disappeared. Is David Bromstadt or Candace Olson (love her design) on the Fall schedule?

Luana November 18, 2012 at 8:48 pm

What happened to Kitchen Cousins? Hope the show returns. And give Hilary Farr her own show and air Candace more often.

Cathy November 23, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Dear HGTV,
Your channel is quickly loosing my interest after many years tuning into Candace Olson and my all time favorite Sarah Richardson. It really boggles my mind
that Sarah would be on early in the morning. Those of us that work appreciate
the more quality shows be aired in the evenings and weekends. I rarely tune
into HGTV, I cannot bear to waste my precious time watching “House Hunters”.
Enough is enough. If you want me back air Sarah.Thanks. Cathy

Ruthie December 29, 2012 at 5:38 pm

I tried to submit a comment for house hunters,was unable to contact the station….so I just wanted to say I will no longer watch house hunters. I’m tired of the show being so politically correct. Today I was about to watch an episode that was supposed to have a Pilot and his”wife” looking for a log cabin…. Well it was a gay couple. I’m just sick of the movie industry trying to push their propaganda on us! Maybe if we don’t watch it any longer their sponsors will take notice.

hookedonhouses December 29, 2012 at 6:17 pm

It’s not politically correct–it’s real life. It’s not “propaganda” but a reflection of the real world and the diversity in it.

paula November 25, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Wow what happen to your shows? They are to me very boring. I turn in to see what playing and I’m so disappointed none of my favorites are on anymore. these are the ones I like and would like to see. 1) David Bromstad- 2) Home by Novogratz – 3)Junk Gypsies – 4)Secrets from a stylist- 5)Meg’s Rooms- 6)Design on a dime. The programes you got up there now have got to go or just not be on as much as you have them. Thanks Paula

Amanda December 8, 2012 at 11:30 am

HGTV stinks! In this day and time when the economy is questionable, why would the average American want to watch 24 hours of buying and selling, particularly House Hunters International? I want to see shows like we used to watch–please bring back true decorating shows like Decorating Cents” and others that had something for everyone. If not HGTV, why can’t producers get together and have a TV network just for the people (and there are many) who are requesting true home and gardening shows even if it included reruns?

judy January 16, 2013 at 9:11 pm

I am sick of Property Brothers and Love It or List It. I am so tired of House Hunters. I could always count on HGTV. Where are all your regular stars? I only watch on Sat. now. Did you get a new Owner or New producers? You need to listen to your viewers.

judy January 16, 2013 at 9:20 pm

I am sick of Property Brothers and Love It or List It. House Hunters is
terrible,too. Where are your regular stars? I used to watch HGTV all the time. I had my DVR set for many of you shaow. I only watch on Sat. Have you changed your producers or President?
You should listen to your viiewers.

Rita February 7, 2013 at 10:52 pm

More design shows, please!!! I am sick of real estate. I record all the old design shows so I have something to watch in the evenings.

Judy Greenwald February 13, 2013 at 5:25 pm

HGTV has really become boring. I am so tired of repeats of House Hunters and renovation shows and real estate shows!!! What happened to design and decorating???? I could care less about the snobs on the New York and LA real estate shows! I cannot stand the people on the New York show or the Selling LA show, they aren’t what real people are about. I will scream if I see love it or list again. House Hunters International is ridiculous!!! Please, there have to be hundred of designers and decorators in this country willing to share their tips and ideas!! The new format or programming is a bunch of garbage. I have given up watching HGTV and it used to be my favoriate.

Catherine A. Bliss March 2, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Why is Selling London no longer offered on Comcast? Closest friends live in Greenwich & Knightsbridge & I point them towards London homes, from the show but… No longer see it available on HGTV? As a NY transplant to FL I am constantly searching for a small flat in NYC so that program keeps me informed about availability ! Where has Selling London gone?

hookedonhouses March 3, 2013 at 9:15 am

Sorry, I haven’t heard anything about Selling London lately. I have a feeling it’s off the schedule.

Lois Edwards April 6, 2013 at 10:13 am

So tired of seeing “selling and buying shows” and not into Income Property, Love It or List It (getting OLD) and the crasher shows. A mix of them is fine but I want some decorating shows back. My favorite is BANG FOR THE BUCK. LOVE it. Where is that for 2013???? Also like the shows Candice and Sarah are doing. Sarah 101 is the perfect amount of design, teaching and showing. HGTV needs to listen to their viewers.

Stephanie April 21, 2013 at 10:53 pm

I can’t believe the lack of variety in the shows anymore. I am love it or list it, property brothers and income propertied out. And really- every Sunday night Hawaii Life? It might have made a good special but now they are all reruns and they weren’t that good the first time. I can’t stand the predictability of LI or LI. Do you consider all the viewers idiots- the budget gets busted and David shows crappy houses 1 and 2 and wows them with house 3. It’s sooooo redundant and over done. And if one more house hunter on a $150,000 budget says they really want stainless appliances and granite or “it feels a lttle tight” I may loose it. Decorator shows like more Sarah,Candice, Tanya, Sabrina,and numerous others are sorely missed. Sure we couldn’t all afford the stuff but what great ideas to adapt to a budget. I guess Designed to Sell was just way too well liked to leave it on the air. I will continue to check the shows and change the channel way more frequently. Too bad, you had a good think going. Just way too many reruns and marathons.

Sharon May 2, 2013 at 3:56 pm

I too love Sarah Richardson. Please bring her back even reruns until new episodes are available. Also love Candice Olson, Sabrina’s Hi/low, house hunters intl, and liked Shop This Room, where is it?

Lea May 3, 2013 at 9:08 pm

I am over the realestate shows…..please bring back the true design shows! David, your first show was my favorite the others…not so much. . I wish some network would revive Trading Spaces. That saw a great show!,

Mary May 5, 2013 at 12:52 pm

I am SICK of Love It or List It. It is on morning, noon and night and there are marathons. Enough already. The show is not the problem, it is the over saturation of the show that is the problem.

jessvii May 11, 2013 at 3:16 am

I agree with everyone else who has posted – there are not enough true design shows anymore! I enjoyed Designed to Sell, Design on a Dime, and even Decorating Cents and Freestyle. I loved Colour Confidential and Get Color! I also like the Crashers shows, except for Kitchen Crashers (nothing against kitchens, but the host of that show overtly coming on to every man she meets is offensive). Like many of the other posters, I also like Emily Henderson.

Much like everyone else, I find that Love It or List It is best watched on an occasional basis if at all. The bickering and predictability are relentless. Income Property is not a favorite of mine. Buying and Selling is tolerable on an occasional basis since I find the hosts enjoyable, even if the ideas aren’t particularly applicable to my own life.

Like most others who have posted here, I am very over all the real estate shows in general. I understand that they’re cheap to produce. And even I enjoy watching House Hunters International and other shows that go to fun destinations every now and then. However, the bread and butter of this network for me used to be the true design shows, of which there are very, very few left.

Donna Hosler May 21, 2013 at 2:00 pm

I cannot believe you are actually selecting a new design star when the past stars have disappeared. Hgtv is nothing but a real estate show. I am getting tired of your programing, pick a show and all is see is the same thing over and over.So boring.All I can say is that I am glad Caesar mill an is back.

Kim June 3, 2013 at 11:03 am

Yeah, I like, like, like home decorating shows, and could basically spend the entire day watching them, and I used to do just that when I had the time. However, shows that interest me on HGTV are becoming a thing of the past. I’m baffled!! What happened to all of the quality decorating shows?!?! It seems to now be all about Real Estate, or hours of the same show (Property Brothers, House Hunters, House Hunters International…..). I do like “Love it or List it” and Flea Market Flip, but not much more. And, I actually did like “The Property Shop” with Tatiana Londono, but I haven’t seen that on lately.

I’ve been actively searching for another home decorating channel – no luck yet :( This would be a good time for other networks to provide such an option.

Signed: Disappointed

Nancy July 16, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Loved Dream Drives, Homes across America, and my favorite, Beautiful Homes. Hate, Hate, Hate House Hunters, Hate Love It or List It. What about us that still love traditional. I think most of the new contemporary designs look like college dorms and is just a fad. Please do something. Most everyone I talk to feels the same way.

LA Girl July 29, 2013 at 8:39 pm

I am very glad to see Sarah 101, The High Low Project, and Selling LA coming back. I have been a loyal HGTV fan since the 90′s, I use to watch for hours but not any more. I am now very selective of what I watch now because the newer shows seem to be filled with drama and/or poorly scripted. Love It or List It (one and too) is the worst, with House Hunters right behind it. Bring Candace Olson Back!!!

Darlene August 2, 2013 at 1:16 pm

I am so sick of Love It or List It and House Hunters. Enough already. I turn the channel when they are on. They are not believable.
Color Splash was so much better than David’s new shows. He tries to be too classy. All of your viewers are not wealthy. Get real again!
Please bring back Income Property. Scott teaches his audience real ideas that are attainable and make sense to your average viewer.

Renee McGuin August 11, 2013 at 9:42 am

I love HGTV, but I am disappointed that there are not as many decorating shows as there used to be. There seems to be more Real estate shows than anything else. Please bring back more home decorating shows. What happened to Meg’s show, Color Confidential (love Jane) and Emily. Please bring some of these back.
Thank-You

nancy August 12, 2013 at 11:18 am

Where is Mike Holmes– great shows and fun. Want him back!!! Do not like Love It or List It. I think David is an arrogant SOB. Hilary gets screwed everytime because clients don’t want to pay for code violations so it comes out of Hilary’s budget and they get upset when she can’t fulfill their wish list. Want Candice back !!!

c