Michael C. Hall Buys Spanish Colonial in L.A.

Michael C Hall Dexter's 1923 Spanish ColonialMichael C. Hall, star of the Showtime drama Dexter, recently purchased this $3.8 million Spanish Colonial overlooking downtown L.A. It was built in 1923 but has been so thoroughly updated that you’d hardly know it was that old.

Michael C Hall Dexter buys Los Feliz CA house (19)

The house has 6 bedrooms, 6 baths, and about 5,600 square feet.

Michael C Hall Dexter buys Los Feliz CA house (3)

Michael C Hall Dexter buys Los Feliz CA house (10)

Michael C Hall Dexter buys Los Feliz CA house (11)

Michael C Hall Dexter buys Los Feliz CA house (6)

Michael C Hall Dexter buys Los Feliz CA house (5)

Redfin describes the odd light fixtures in the bathroom as “Dexter-like:”

Michael C Hall Dexter buys Los Feliz CA house (12)

Michael C Hall Dexter buys Los Feliz CA house (15)

Michael C Hall Dexter buys Los Feliz CA house (17)

Michael C Hall Dexter buys Los Feliz CA house (18)

Michael C Hall Dexter buys Los Feliz CA house (16)

Michael C Hall Dexter buys Los Feliz CA house (13)

Michael C Hall Dexter buys Los Feliz CA house (14)

Michael C Hall Dexter buys Los Feliz CA house (7)

Michael C Hall Dexter buys Los Feliz CA house (8)

The decorating is very “on trend” with all the gray. Do you like it?

Michael C Hall Dexter buys Los Feliz CA house (9)

For more photos and information: Redfin and the L.A. Times. It was listed by Konstantine Valissarakos of Sotheby’s International Realty. Visit my Celebrity Houses page to see the others I’ve featured.

Michael C Hall Dexter buys Los Feliz CA house (2)

By the way, Hall’s neighbor happens to be Private Practice star Kate Walsh, who’s still trying to sell her own Spanish Colonial across the street for $4.75 million. You can see her house here.

Kate Walsh InStyle 2009

Jessica Simpson's Hidden Valley Beverly Hills house
Jessica Simpson is selling her 5 bedroom, 5.5 bath home in Beverly Hills for close to $8 million. The listing says it's located in Hidden…
Kat Von D's Spanish house 1818 Outpost Drive LA
Reality star and tattoo artist Kat Von D may be best known for her TLC series LA Ink and for dating Jesse James after Sandra…

Comments

1. prima says

That bathroom looks very “he man” stay out of my space(but yikes, those light fixtures), but the rest of the house I like, especially the sliding barn doors. I would add a pot filler faucet.

Wow! The exterior totally belies what’s inside … Very fresh and and up-to-date yet traditional. Love the color scheme and all of those windows! Definitely putting these pics in my ideas folder!

It’s a beautiful home and is very on trend, but the windows, doors, wood floors, and beams will always be in style. I love the gray kitchen. If someone else buys the house in a few years and decides gray is out, I would imagine it wouldn’t be a big deal to paint or replace them since they are already spending over $3 million on the house, lol.

4. Laura says

“You’d hardly know it was that old” – very true, and too bad.

5. Tracie says

It’s a little too “on trend” in my opinion….it seems to have little classic charm at all, which is a shame. Don’t get me wrong, I’d take it, though. :)

6. Teresa says

Beautiful exterior but the inside really disappointed me. I was expecting to see something with Spanish Colonial character and charm instead of a more modern and updated interior which is unfortunate.

7. Jen says

it is nice and all I wish it had more carcher and color
    I like the black title and the pool though

8. Lisa says

“You’d hardly know it was that old” – very true, and too bad.” My sentiments exactly, Laura. :-)

9. Alie B says

It’s nice, but rather muted. It almost feels as though every room is on a dimmer switch. I really like gray but this is alllotttt of gray. :)

10. Sarah says

I love gray but I think it would have looked “happier” if they had painted the kitchen and bathroom cabinets a lighter shade of gray. Or maybe if they had taken the photos with more daylight? Love the beamed ceilings.

• Kate says

I like gray too but I agree that most of this house is very cold feeling. It could have just used a pop of color here or there to brighten it up.

11. Maria says

Well, it’s not Spanish Colonial anymore. Remuddled into typical LA trendy.

“You’d hardly know it was that old” – very true, and too bad.” I’ll third this statement. Too many of these gems of older homes are remuddled into something bland and charmless.

12. Wendy says

Just got back tonight from a week in So Cal. This house makes me feel like the rest of the area. Pretty for a while, mostly interesting for the variety, but ultimately…ehh.

13. Karen says

Yes, this is very LA “on trend”. I don’t like the hand fixtures in the bathroom at all, despite that it fits with the show. I don’t really care for all of the gray either. I like some of the architectural features–the wood floors, ceilings, beams, and windows. Some of the rugs are lovely and I also like the bedroom. Still the outside is my favorite.

14. Eren says

This house makes you immortal man… As you live in this, you cannot die…

15. Jean says

I was in this home in 1958; it had old colonial Spanish charm in and outside, and I fell in love with the home; sadly someone else alwaysowned it.

updated is great but original had character