Tori Spelling’s Safari-Themed Nursery for Baby Finn

by hookedonhouses on November 16, 2012

Tori Spelling had a rough pregnancy with her new baby Finn. She was on bed rest for weeks, so she relied on her good friends Bill Horn and Scout Masterson (who you may know as the “Guncles” from her reality show) to decorate the nursery while she supervised.

She told People magazine, “In the early stages of my pregnancy, I found an adorable vintage giraffe figurine at a flea market. That was when I came up with the vision of Finn’s nursery.”

Bill and Scout said, “We were thrilled when Tori asked us to help her. But when we started the project, we didn’t know Finn’s journey into this world would be such a dangerous and emotional one. We really hope the room is a chic and calming space for our little nephew, and a reminder to Tori and Dean of what an amazing gift little Finn is.”

They went for aqua and orange for Finn’s fun safari-themed nursery. You can see the slideshow of the room and get all the details, like how Tori made the macramé mobile with hanging papier-mâché giraffes over the crib, at People’s Celebrity Babies Blog. Photos by Michael Simon. (Thanks, Kim!)

Tori doesn’t shy away from strong colors and patterns. Remember the pink nursery she designed for Stella?

And the turquoise-blue bedroom for Liam?

When they sold their Malibu house recently, we got to see how they decorated the room that brother and sister Liam and Stella (now 5 and 4 years old) shared there:

Whoa. Would have loved to have seen what it looked like when the furniture was still in there, too. (You can see the rest of the house in the listing photos.)

Tori is one creative and enterprising woman. Among the many projects and businesses and TV shows she juggles, she has a website called ediTORIal where you’ll find things like Finn’s first Halloween and “Mad Hattie’s Tea Party” for her first birthday.

More of Tori’s Houses Over the Years:

Amanda November 16, 2012 at 8:57 am

Oooo! Everything is so vintage-y! Love the colors!

House Crazy Sarah November 16, 2012 at 9:29 am

Those bright colors are delightful in kids’ rooms – probably couldn’t get away with that in a grown-up bedroom!

Christina from Dallas November 16, 2012 at 9:39 am

The safari room is cute! Now, I love pink but that is toooo much! That needs some contrast even if it’s just white. I love pink with gray or pink with brown.

Teresa November 16, 2012 at 10:35 am

I love her style….kind of Hollywood glamour vintage but with modern touches. When they sold their bigger house last year and downsized to a smaller rancher eveyone was very surprised. However, they remodeled and sold it quickly. Probably when she found out she was pregnant again! Hope you can find some pics of their new house Julia because I didnt have any luck.

hookedonhouses November 16, 2012 at 10:57 am

Last I heard they were renting a big house in Thousand Oaks. Kim just reminded me and sent me the link (thanks!):

Anyone know if they’re still there? It’s hard to keep track of them, they move so often!

David November 16, 2012 at 11:03 am

I think the baby needs sunglasses.

Jamie November 16, 2012 at 11:55 am

Oh dear, she seems to do a lot of decorating knowing that they are going to house hop a lot (which they seem to do). Mirrored closet doors? An investment in something a bit more refined would be nice. And the half boy/half girl room drives me bonkers. I would much prefer a well done gender neutral room that doesn’t look like it is bipolar. All that said, I love her and I love her fearless decorating style.

Kim November 16, 2012 at 12:57 pm

This nursery is very cheerful. I’m sure her baby loves all of the bright colors and patterns.

snaggy November 16, 2012 at 3:38 pm

I can’t stand any of her stuff !

Martha November 16, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Ew. Definitely not a fan … how do the children even sleep with all the loud colors?
Personally I prefer more soothing rooms for children and for myself.
But … hey, it’s fun to see what others do. Thanks!

Kate Luella November 16, 2012 at 7:12 pm

ok, so she loves her colour right – probably an expression for her, I’m not keen on her nursery ideas, too bold for me, but not totally hating it, just wouldn’t do it myself. But i love her interior choices… so I still give this a 3/5 – she deserves points for trying.. :) Kate

martha November 17, 2012 at 8:43 am

I find these rooms way over done and too dramatic. I like bright colors too, but not in such a concentrated manner. I agree with the poster that said the boy/girl room looked bi-polar…….I like a happy, charming, cozy feel for a nursery and I don’t get that vibe from Tori’s rooms.

Rebecca@MidcenturyModernRemodel November 17, 2012 at 10:02 am

Very fun. Good for her.

Tracie November 17, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Not my style in the least, but different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Jano November 17, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Colorful but chaotic. For me, the later trumps the former, so…no, thanks.

Kathy :) November 17, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Hi Julia,

I hope she supplies sunglasses for her children LOL WOW

Kathy :)

Billy November 17, 2012 at 8:23 pm

I know I bought a T shirt with that giraffe graphic for my sister at the San Diego Zoo in 1977. It was yellow with cap sleeves and a scoop neckline.
Tori please step away from the plastic surgeon’s office.

Tammy November 18, 2012 at 7:12 am

Honestly, Finn’s room is possibly the ugliest thing I’ve ever seen. Hope for that baby’s sake they move on to their next house fast.

Alie B November 19, 2012 at 8:17 am

I admire Tori’s sense of whimsy, even if I don’t share her taste. These bright jewel tones always seem to be a hit with small children. Let’s just hope the baby isn’t too over -stimulated to sleep! :-)

{ 1 trackback }