Celebrity Real Estate Roundup: Alicia Keys Selling & More

by hookedonhouses on April 1, 2012

Lots of celebrities seem to be selling their houses this month, including these three stars. Here’s a peek inside their properties!

Celeb #1: Alicia Keys

The talented singer-songwriter-actress Alicia Keys is selling her 6,000+ square-foot triplex penthouse in Soho that comes with an additional 3,000 square feet of terrace space. Asking price: $17.95 million.

More photos and information about Alicia Keys’ cool pad on Zillow.

Celeb #2: Hines Ward

NFL player Hines Ward–who some of us may know from his Dancing with the Stars days–is selling his nearly 13,000 square-foot mansion in Atlanta for $7.5 million.

More photos and information about Hines Ward’s listing on Yahoo! Real Estate.

Celeb #3: Kara DioGuardi

Former American Idol judge Kara DioGuardi has put her fabulous  7,600 square-foot home in Studio City, Calif., on the market for $10 million.

More photos and information about Kara DioGuardi’s Studio City home at the Wall Street Journal. (Photos by Simon Berlyn.)

Do you have a favorite? You wouldn’t have to twist my arm to live in Kara’s place…

Click Here to See More Celebrity Houses

Deanna @ TheChangingHouse April 1, 2012 at 8:26 am

I actually only like the NFL player’s house!! The others I could do without…. well, I would still buy them if they were affordable for me, but his was my favourite!

Laura April 1, 2012 at 9:19 am

Dislike all, I’m afraid. Too slick for me.

Beverly April 2, 2012 at 6:12 am

Yes, they all lack that homey feeling but I would pick Alicia’s Soho property, if only to live in Manhattan. It could be completely redecorated to bring some much needed warmth to all that space.

Sarah @ housecrazy April 1, 2012 at 10:09 am

I’m partial to Kara’s house in Studio City… those vaulted ceilings and arched French doors mixed with rustic stone fireplace are very attractive! Surprised by Hines Ward’s home though… he was such a charming sweetie on DWTS, but his house seems rather cold.

Karena April 1, 2012 at 10:20 am

Really like Kara’s home, the style, the windows, of course would make some changes…:)

I hope you will Come and enter my amazing Cross Bottle Guy Giveaway!
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Luciane at Homebunch.com April 1, 2012 at 10:41 am

I always like seeing and posting about celebrity houses. It’s really fun to see how they live.

Have a great day, Julia!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Hanri April 1, 2012 at 10:41 am

I’m with you on this Julia… I love Kara’s house (although I’d have to add a bit of colour). The other’s are too shiny and showy.

Sarah April 1, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Lovely homes, but I wouldn’t feel that sense of comfort living in any of them. Just not my personal style, I guess.

The Little Red Shop April 1, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Well, I guess mine is another vote for Kara’s house. I’m about as big a fan of Alicia’s Keys’ kitchen…as I am of her music.

: )

Happy Weekend, Julia!

Julie M.

Kim April 1, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Out of the three homes, Kara’s is my favorite, but I would make some changes. Like I would make those beams a natural wood color and I would add some color to the house. Other than that, I like it.

Karen April 1, 2012 at 5:49 pm

I’m not too keen on these homes as they seem lacking in warmth. Of these three, I’m most partial to Kara’s home. I like the arched windows, the vaulted ceiling and the beautiful floors.

Becky April 2, 2012 at 11:40 am

I’m with Beverly..the only reason I would consider Alicia’s.. Manhattan. Give me Kara’s though. Love the style of the home and the yard. Gotta have a yard, for my dogs!! One can always change the asthetic of a home, it’s the “bones” that count!

Gloria September 3, 2012 at 8:55 am

Lovely Homes. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I love Hines ward house.

TM March 28, 2013 at 1:08 am

Wow, that first photo of Alicia Keyes’ house knocked my socks off — the beautiful staircase and gorgeous artwork in particular. Wonder who the artist is for the larger piece. There’s a Keith Haring work in the living room too. And there’s so much sunlight, which isn’t easy to come by in NYC.

{ 2 trackbacks }