Brad Pitt Lists Mid-Century Modern Beach House in Malibu & More Real Estate News

by hookedonhouses on November 11, 2011

Brad Pitt is selling his mod Malibu Beach House for $13.75m: Realtor.com.

Guess the Duggars will be changing the title of their show to 20 Kids & Counting now! So many people have been searching my site for it this week, I’ll make it easy for you: The Duggar Family House.

Garrison Keillor’s St. Croix Retreat for sale: Listing.

Jenna Lyons is selling her Park Slope townhouse: Curbed.

What were the best and worst design trends of 2011? Centsational Girl.

7 ways to change it up when there’s no cash for decorating: Nesting Place.

A quaint old church converted into a house in Colorado: Listing.

Check my sponsors for…

Beautiful Kitchen Island Ideas: CalFinder.

Q & As about Home Improvement Projects: Home Talk.

Luxury House Plans: The Plan Collection.

nanne November 11, 2011 at 8:25 am

the pitt home is really cool, but for some reason it bugs me that that great outdoor fireplace has no terrace area in front of it. the views are spectatcular, though!

nanne in columbus,, indiana

Luciane at Homebunch.com November 11, 2011 at 8:25 am

I saw Brad’s house and even though it has amazing views, I thought it was way too cold for my personal taste. Although, if you think about, w/ 6 children, there’s not much space left for furniture! ;-) Just kidding!!! I’m half way there, w/ 3!!! :-)

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

js November 11, 2011 at 10:11 am

Did you see the link for the nations smallest rental apartments on Curbed? One of them was here in Cinci.

hookedonhouses November 11, 2011 at 10:52 am

I did see that!

Caron November 11, 2011 at 12:45 pm

oh mi! I am in love with the mid-century Malibu house! It’s only a bonus that it’s Brad Pitt’s!!!

Have a great weekend -
Caron

Tanja @ Postmodern Hostess November 11, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Almost every Friday I come and check out these links (after checking in on your site during the rest of the week, too, of course!), and I always find something interesting. So this is a blanket thank you for finding and sharing all of these great links! :-)

hookedonhouses November 11, 2011 at 1:00 pm

That’s so nice! Thanks, Tanja!

Susan F. November 11, 2011 at 2:01 pm

I’d “take” Garrison Keillor’s home over Brad Pitt’s any day. The St. Croix river area in MN/WI is so beautiful.

Kim November 11, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Julia great links!

Brat Pitt’s house has nice views, but the style reminds me too much of 50′s styled homes so it’s not for me.

Jenna Lynn’s townhouse reminds me of Katie Joel’s. They’re both nice.

I love what the previous owners did with the old church, but I could never live in a church. Especially an old one. Here’s another church for sale that was turned into a house: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/459-40th-St-2-Pittsburgh-PA-15224/62982654_zpid/

Have a good weekend Julia!

TheChangingHouse November 12, 2011 at 8:24 am

Why do I like this house? Because it’s Brad Pitt’s house or because it’s gorgeous??? I’m still deciding….

the nester November 12, 2011 at 9:31 am

thanks for the link Julia!

Happy Saturday!

Centsational Girl November 12, 2011 at 2:54 pm

You always have the best roundups, I have to click on all the links! Juicy!!!
Thanks for the shout out this week.
hugs,
Kate

Centsational Girl November 12, 2011 at 2:54 pm

P.S. Your sunroom is TDF. That is all.
xo
Kate

Beckie November 14, 2011 at 3:58 pm

My father-in-law was in land acquisition for the National Park Service. He was the one who negotiated the purchase of land along the St Croix River where Kellor’s house is located. It is a beautiful area and if I didn’t love TN, I could live in WI in the summers.