Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart’s New House in L.A.

by hookedonhouses on November 4, 2011

Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart's HouseMega movie star Harrison Ford and “Brothers and Sisters” actress Calista Flockhart started dating in 2002, a year after she adopted her son Liam. The very private couple tied the knot in June of 2010. Now Real Estalker reports that they bought this new place together in L.A.

Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart's new house LAThey reportedly bought the sprawling, nearly 14,000 square-foot home for $12.65 million. I’m surprised that a house with such a hefty price tag has such a prominent garage in front.

Harrison Ford's Brentwood house staircase

The house was newly constructed and originally priced at over $15 million when it first went on the market in early 2010.

inside Harrison Ford's house in Brentwood

The house has 7 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms–plenty of room for family members to visit. Ford has 4 grown children and 3 grandchildren. For more photos and information about the house, visit Real Estalker and X17.

inside Harrison Ford's house in Brentwood 2

Visit my Celebrity Houses page to see more, including…

Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux rental Beverly HillsJennifer Aniston’s Houses

Kristin November 4, 2011 at 6:33 am

Lovely house! Especially the white kitchen!

Kristin xx

A.Men November 5, 2011 at 8:06 am

The only thing I like: zebra chairs in bathroom. Pretty blah!

Stacy@RedDoorHome November 4, 2011 at 6:36 am

So very pretty!

Luciane at Homebunch.com November 4, 2011 at 6:37 am

The house is stunning! The kind of house that makes us dream.

By the way, I miss “Brothers and Sisters” so much! Did you watch it? They cancelled and it’s a shame. I miss that “family”. :-)

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

hookedonhouses November 4, 2011 at 6:40 am

I did watch it and kind of miss it, even though it seemed to be running out of steam toward the end.

Sheila Krehbiel November 4, 2011 at 6:49 am

Nothing, I dare say, can top the “Something’s Gotta Give House,” but this one gives it a run for its money. Stunning! Almost looks like it was built to mimic the SGG home. Wonder which was built first …. Thanks for a fun look-see this a.m.!

Junia November 4, 2011 at 7:06 am

The house is beautiful!

But I couldn’t help thinking “wow, that’s a lot of couches!” haha

Kim November 4, 2011 at 7:10 am

Anyone else bothered by all the furniture positioning – every piece MUST be either perpendicular or parallel to every other piece of furniture in the room! (except for the huge chaise lounge in the master bedroom). A little 45 degree action would have made the house (even though this is staged furniture) a bit more welcoming. Also a pet peeve here (guess it’s my morning to vent) – regarding the barstools at the kitchen bar. I think there should have been only two – not three, as once they would actually be used at that counter, the person trying to sit on the middle stool would have had to crawl over the occupants on either side! “-)

Laura November 4, 2011 at 7:19 am

The style of the house is definitely my style, but I think there should be more mature trees in the front to make it look like it’s been there longer. I also agree with you that the garage shouldn’t be so prominent, it would be better if it was tucked off to the side.

Razmataz November 4, 2011 at 7:30 am

I love the inside, but found the outside a little confusing. The front looked like the back a bit. From the outside, it looked like an older home that had been added on to over the years. The middle part with the front door bothers me because the upper windows are all different sizes, and the dormers look tiny, but maybe that is just the photograph. I do like that it doesn;t look new and out of place. I think the interior is lovely.

Mom in High Heels November 4, 2011 at 7:59 am

I lurve Harrison Ford. Or rather I lurve the 1980′s Harrison Ford. :) Indy does too as evidenced by the blog names he picked for himself and Han Solo.
The house is lovely! The bathroom literally made me gasp. James Bond asked me what was wrong. The kitchen is fantastic and oh, that warm brown paneled room. I could totally live there. With 1980′s Harrison Ford.

Jan Tanis Designs November 4, 2011 at 8:24 am

I’m not impressed with the house – beginning with the HUGE garage that you mentioned – to ALL the white! I would certainly hope that Ford/Flockhart would “warm” the place up and make it feel like a home. :/

Project Phoenix Home November 4, 2011 at 10:03 am

It is just beautiful! I definitely wouldn’t mind getting my hands on this house. There is so much potential! Thank you for sharing!

Nikki

Juju at Tales of Whimsy... November 4, 2011 at 10:07 am

It’s lovely but needs some pizzazz.

Maria November 4, 2011 at 10:19 am

Love it!

The only thing I’d want to change is the bathroom – it’s too huge. I like baths but not open to a huge room where you get cold. The garage placement is kinda weird but not a deal breaker – it might be a lot size issue.

– Oh and I agree…that thar be a whole lotta couches!

Monique November 4, 2011 at 10:56 am

It’s a beauty, but I’m with you it would have been more ideal to some how have done something different with the garage. That said I wouldn’t turn it down if it were offered to me.

Kathie November 4, 2011 at 11:01 am

Large but nothing special. I like the house in Brothers & Sisters better!

Maureen November 17, 2011 at 4:29 am

Agreed!

Michele November 4, 2011 at 11:49 am

The interior is lovely (I could totally live there) but I agree on the garage. I’m also totally baffled why anyone would need a cafe table and chair near the bathtub!

Josh November 4, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Ditto the confusion about the bathroom cafe set. How would that be used? Sipping morning coffee while your partner has a soak? Inviting a friend over for tea and cakes… in your bathroom? It’s only purpose seems to be to fill space in a room that is simply too large for it’s own good.

That rant aside, there is a lot to like about this home, particularly all the traditional details in the trim, cabinets, ceilings and windows. Though neutral, it is also very handsomly furnished. The big windows in the paneled library

Josh November 4, 2011 at 1:31 pm

… The fully paneled library offers a great contrast with the rest of the home shown, while the big windows keep the room from feeling dark or stuffy. Great space.

Wendy November 6, 2011 at 12:12 am

Obviously, that’s where the butler brings your morning tea tray. (I’m seeing Annie with my daughter tomorrow and the line from one song goes, “When you wake, ring for Drake, Drake will bring your tray. When your through, Mrs. Pugh comes to take it away.”) I’m fairly sure that kind of thing happens in a 14,000 sf house.

Magda November 4, 2011 at 12:18 pm

The whole front of the house is a mess besides having a too-prominent garage. Lots of architectural cliches but not a good design at all.

Jamie@WrightHouseAffairs.com November 4, 2011 at 12:28 pm

I LOVE this house- so light and clean feeling. I wonder if Clasita and Harrison would fancy a house-trade? ;) I agree though- the garage is a bit too prominent. The home would be ideal if the garage was turned 90 degrees.

Kim November 4, 2011 at 12:54 pm

You’re Welcome! Thanks for sharing this with all of us. I love this house, the inside is absolutely gorgeous. I must agree though, the windows around the front door look a little odd and you think the builders could have chosen some that are the same size. At least the rest of the front looks nice, except for that long looking garage. Other than those things, I love it.

Deb in Oz November 4, 2011 at 4:02 pm

This is MY house! Seriously, I can see myself in every one of those rooms.

Maggy November 4, 2011 at 8:39 pm

I almost hate to weigh in here, but here’s my take on the house .. first of all, $14 million is waaay too much to spend on a tiny front entry that’s eclipsed by the gawking garage. Second on my (-) list is that all of the interiors, while very nice and upscale, are so predictable .. I’ve seen tons of homes that have a similar “look” and “floorplan”. Been there, over that. (And again, I have to ask .. for $14 million, just *think* of what you could get!) Perhaps it was the location that demanded that huge sales price.

Some of the comments alude to the lackluster furnishings and color (aka, ‘relo white’) in the rooms; yes, it definitely looks staged to me. Maybe Harrison and Calista have grand plans for mixing things up. Given their talents, I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

The backyard, while also lackluster, does have promise, and I really prefer the back exterior of the house to the front. At least it’s got room to “grow” .. a plug to Julia’s last post, but did any of you see the “before” pics of Frances’ yard before it’s transformation? Just goes to show that miracles can occur even in the smallest of spaces, so the Ford/Flockhart family can (and may do) wonders in theirs.

Another good post, Julia!

classic • casual • home November 5, 2011 at 12:01 am

I like the white just need their personalities added to make it a home…and am happy for them. For $12 mil must be a really nice part of LA.

The Little Red Shop November 5, 2011 at 12:29 am

Perhaps the obtrusive garage helps Mr. Ford feel right at home…as a pilot.

; )

Julie M.

TheChangingHouse November 5, 2011 at 9:09 am

OOoooh, to be rich….
I would love a house like that!

Mary November 5, 2011 at 3:54 pm

It’s gorgeous but I hope they put a little character in it – it seems very “empty”
Mary x

Nathan November 5, 2011 at 8:22 pm

I love what I assume to be the master bedroom but not much else.

cherylK November 5, 2011 at 9:39 pm

It’s a very beautiful house but, although I love white, it’s just a teensy bit too white for me. I think adding draperies or some soft window treatments would help tremendously. That study, on the other hand, is cozy and warm. I’m sure you’re right about the staging.

Wendy November 6, 2011 at 12:14 am

Love the inside. Hate the outside.

Karen T. November 6, 2011 at 3:35 am

Love the entry, piano room, kitchen, and wood paneled den. I, too, would add more color in the other rooms of the home.

shabbychick November 6, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Very ethereal with all the white, but gorgeous! I especially love the rug and colors in the master bedroom. This house reminds me of the one in “What Lies Beneath” for some reason…. ;)

Sabrina November 7, 2011 at 3:53 pm

I love this house!!!! Its perfect! My dream home!

Talia November 8, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Lovely. This is how I imagine my dream home!

Maureen November 17, 2011 at 4:27 am

I gleaned over the pictures trying to find something, anything, to be inspired by. This house is like someone with too much plastic surgery: while you can’t pinpoint a flaw, there is a disconcerting lack of character.

Becky December 12, 2011 at 4:00 pm

You are so right Kim on the windows above the front door! Loved the kitchen..hated the bathroom. The whole house definetly needs color too..even if this is a staging. too blah. And the garage overtakes the front entrance. For 12 mil..wow. Wow as in not good. But sure they will put their touches on the inside.. the front outside would have to be with the idea of..”now just wait till you see inside before you judge” kinda thing.

booda bye bye February 17, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Ahhh…. All I can say is modular mansion. Nice boring job guys! Oh add some more white too!

Joyce April 10, 2012 at 2:48 pm