Jennifer Lopez’s New Shingle-Style House in the Hamptons

by hookedonhouses on September 29, 2011

Jennifer Lopez and twins Emme and Max in Gucci ad smNow that Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony have split, she’s reportedly making a fresh start with a new shingle-style house in the Hamptons looks like the perfect place for it. The nearly $18 million Mecox Bay estate where Lopez will live with cutie-pie twins Max and Emme (shown here in an ad they shot for Gucci) sits on 2 acres in the exclusive Water Mill area with beautiful bay and ocean views.

*10/1/11 Update: Now I’m hearing that Jennifer Lopez changed her mind and didn’t buy the house after all. Whether the sites reporting it got the info wrong or not, it’s a fun one to look at!

The 14,000 square-foot house was designed by architect John Laffey and built in 2010. The rumors have been swirling that she might buy this house for weeks, but People magazine just confirmed it.

Looking up into the rotunda:

First Floor Hallway:

Living Room:

Dining Room:

It looks a little stark and cold since it’s empty, but I imagine it’ll be gorgeous once it’s furnished and decorated. I hope she’ll let a magazine photograph it like Veranda did with her place in California. This is my kind of house. I love all the windows and the woodwork. Wouldn’t mind the 7 fireplaces, either.

Library:

The house has 7 bedrooms and 9.5 baths. The master is so big I thought it was a living room at first:

Master Bath:

The “Junior Suite:”

Upstairs Landing:

There’s a fireplace and TV for people using the spa outside:

If you missed my posts about them, check out the houses from her movies The Back-up Plan and Monster-in-Law.

Like it? More photos and information on the Corcoran website and this site set up for the house. You can also see the floorplans here.

P.S. Check out the house she bought in Cali when she took the American Idol gig:

Jennifer Lopez's house in California Veranda

Click Here to see More Celebrity Houses!

Luciane at Homebunch.com September 29, 2011 at 9:00 am

Oh, la la!!! I wish I was her! No… just kidding, I wish I had this house! This is stunning!!! Can you imagine how beautiful it will look after it’s all decorated? She has an amazing taste.

This post made my day! Stunning! Well, you already know I love this kind of house, right?

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints September 29, 2011 at 9:00 am

gotta say i love it! it’s really pretty. hope she’ll cottage it up. i’ve seen the cali home and it was a little sterile. not warm like her personality at all.

Vanessa@Decor Happy September 29, 2011 at 9:04 am

Beautiful! I wonder if she will use Michelle Workman again to decorate. That would be a dream job! I loved her California home.

angfreda September 29, 2011 at 9:11 am

I love that the Corcoran site has a mortgage calculator. REALLY?
Great house… and J Lo is just a genius at marketing herself.

Brittany September 29, 2011 at 9:13 am

That house … it’s just so … dreamy. I die!

Janice September 29, 2011 at 9:18 am

Wow – what a place. Gorgeous. Huge. I love that style.

Sheila September 29, 2011 at 9:44 am

Um, yes, please. If I had to change one thing, I’d probably redo the master bath, as I’m not a marble fan. But — good grief! This house is the schnizzle. ALL THOSE WIDOWS are fantastic. The woodwork, amazing. The views, breathtaking. Thanks for this lovely tour!

Ann September 29, 2011 at 12:15 pm

I like marble fine but pick one. Marble floor or marble tub.

Bridget September 30, 2011 at 12:05 am

I agree!

Sheila September 29, 2011 at 9:44 am

Good grief. WINDOWS.

Dawn Sanchez September 29, 2011 at 9:46 am

Oh yea. This is definately a ‘keeper’. I’m already designing it in my mind. I too hope we’ll get an opportunity to see it when it’s furnished. I wonder if she’d be interested in adopting me!

Barb September 29, 2011 at 10:18 am

Beautiful but too big for me and I would definately NOT want to clean it! S

he can afford to hire help! For a celebrity though I would not like quite so much open area-no privacy!

Lindsay@Tell'er All About It September 29, 2011 at 10:36 am

Is anybody else thinking “Something’s Gotta Give” or is that just me??? Could you not see this all decorated like Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson are just gonna walk through the front door….???

Patience September 29, 2011 at 10:49 am

I don’t know. To me, it looks exactly the same as every other celebrity’s house in the Hamptons. All luxury, no character.

Karena September 29, 2011 at 10:51 am

Oh it is gorgeous and I cannot wait to see it decorated!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Kimberlee Jost September 29, 2011 at 10:53 am

DREAM HOUSE.
WOW!

Catherine at Design Editor September 29, 2011 at 11:03 am

Insane with jealousy!

Elisha September 29, 2011 at 11:09 am

Agree with all above! What a beautiful house, right up my alley BTW. That master bath tub…..WOW!!

Chic Coles September 29, 2011 at 11:18 am

What a stunning home! It is really my kind of home as well with all of the light and neutral interior! I can’t wait to see what she does with it, and hopefully we’ll all get a peek into the finished home!

Shannon September 29, 2011 at 11:20 am

I think this is the first celebrity house I’ve seen that I’ve truly loved (the style; it’s a tad large for me!). I can’t help picturing those beautiful stairs barricaded with baby gates though. I’d hate for my toddler to tumble down them! (Although, they probably have at least a few nannies to lug them up and down the stairs.)

Maya @ Completely Coastal September 29, 2011 at 11:32 am

The setting is just gorgeous! The pool area is my favorite part of the house, I’d spend the whole summer there!

Arie September 29, 2011 at 11:45 am

It’s very pretty, but too big. I would get lost in 14,000 square feet. I know it’s a personal thing, her decision, ‘floats her boat’ and all that, but I do wonder why she needs 14,000 square feet.
The view is my favorite thing about this house, then the paneled walls and ceiling, next the windows, followed by the floors.
As a side note, the photoshop picture of the same exact fire in every fireplace looks strange to me.

T. September 29, 2011 at 4:24 pm

I noticed that, too, and the TV over every fireplace! I guess it draws attention to that feature, though.

Bridget September 30, 2011 at 12:07 am

All I kept seeing were the televisions. Yikes!

Teacup Lane September 29, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Yep, I like it! 9.5 bathrooms! Of course she doesn’t do cleaning so the more the merrier.

Amanda @ Serenity Now September 29, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Now that is a gorgeous home!! I’m with you–sold on the woodwork and the windows. Very classic looking. :)

Beth September 29, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Not a bad fixer-upper for J-lo…looks like Jenny bought the whole block! I love the living room with all those windows!

Kim September 29, 2011 at 1:23 pm

You’re welcome and thankyou! I’m always happy to help.

What a gorgeous house! I love the style, the details, that staircase, and even the view, but I must say, this house is way too big. It has so many different rooms, I wouldn’t know where to gather. That’s why if I ever build a nice house, I want it to have an open floorplan.

Autumn Van Weir September 29, 2011 at 1:23 pm

OMG what a GORGEOUS house! But makes me kind o f sad. Her new bachelorette pad :(

Kathryn Griffin September 29, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Wow, what a stunning house! A little big for three people though. Would love to see it completely decorated. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Mel @ The Oceanside Bride September 29, 2011 at 2:28 pm

That house is simply breathtaking! I love the large windows and that amazing view from the living/dining rooms and master bedroom! That master bath is pretty killer too! Drooling…

Manderley September 29, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Waaaooo It’s wonderful, cut, elegant, pretty… etc… I want this house!!

xoxo

Moi September 29, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Its lovely, but MUST there be a TV in every room and above every fireplace? ugh.

laney September 29, 2011 at 3:32 pm

…why on earth would anyone need televisions when they could look out those windows and see that view…

Wendy September 29, 2011 at 4:05 pm

First thing I would do is take out the TVs! But I don’t think I’d want to furnish it. Just walk through it with all that light and space and open views. Okay, maybe a bed.

coffee mug in hand September 29, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Televisions outside are just so stupid and lame. She’s forgotten her block days that’s for sure.

Bob September 29, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I love Watermill, and this shingle styled house. But the outdoor flatscreen TV is way over the top for me. I wonder how long it will survive outdoors. For fun, I used the mortgage calculator provided, put 5M down, and can somebody come pi ck me up off the floor? Shut up.

Daisy September 29, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Gorgeous house! Cant wait to see it decorated. Im sure her “coconuts” will luv it. Congrats to Jennifer, a new beginning… You deserve it!

Beth A September 29, 2011 at 10:42 pm

Astonishing photo of her. Just another mom on the beach with toddlers, gazing at the camera with a sexy, smoldering expression. Funny, in the pictures of me on the beach with little ones, the kids are covered head-to-toe with sunscreen and sand, and cheap plastic shovels everywhere. And my facial expression, anything but sexy.

Lisa September 30, 2011 at 7:52 am

he-he I thought the same thing about the beach photo! :-)

This house is beautiful! I love the windows, the wood, the lighting choices. I want to see the Master closet especially after she moves in!

Vicki September 29, 2011 at 11:09 pm

WOW!! What a beautiful house!!

Bridget September 30, 2011 at 12:09 am

It’s beautiful home! But kind of large. That marble tub would have to go as well as all the faux televisions.

Kim @ Everything Etsy September 30, 2011 at 1:16 am

I love this one…the windows are amazing! It looks like a super relaxing home with all those views. Great post!

~Kim

E. George September 30, 2011 at 2:01 am

Hi Julia words fail me I’ll keep it simple – absolutely beautiful. Love the outside it is wonderful. the kitchen to die for and so is everything else. Thank you for sharing. Regards Esther the daydreamer from Sydney. PS my daughter and I have discovered Pottery Barn ships to OZ love their Fall decor.

etta September 30, 2011 at 4:55 am

OMG… this house is amazing!!!!! I’m in love!
Kisses
Etta

Mandy September 30, 2011 at 7:41 am

I love it! Even though it is so big, it looks homey. I could definitely live in that house. Beautiful!

Susanne @ FarmGirly September 30, 2011 at 9:03 am

Love all the windows and the views. So pretty! Not sure I’m loving the master bath but the rest is yummy!

Dawn September 30, 2011 at 12:24 pm

The master bedroom does look like a living room!

The house is huge but beautiful!

Tiger September 30, 2011 at 11:16 pm

This is just another one of Jlo publicity stunts, a statement from the real estate agent who is representing the home Jlo is supposedly purchasing, Agent Peter Huffine, who along with Susan Breitenbach is listed as representing the property for the Corcoran Group, says that the house is still on the market. “I don’t know anything about what’s going on with that property,” he said during a telephone interview on Friday morning. “As far as I know, it’s still for sale, read the link below for more of this story, and the other links that describes Jlo failed careers and business, besides with all the failed careers and business Jlo has had for the last 20 years, what bank would even risks given a home loan or any other loan to a person with a failed pass?

hookedonhouses October 1, 2011 at 7:52 am

Interesting! Seems like a bizarre way for a hugely famous person to get even more publicity. You’d think the person selling the house would have more to gain by a rumor that a celebrity was looking at it. I guess we’ll see if People magazine and all the other sites that reported it retract the story or not. Thanks for the info!

Susan S October 2, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Stunning property! The house is, of course, stunning also, but too large for my tastes.
Rumors or not, it was a gorgeous home to feature, Julia!

Kathy :) October 5, 2011 at 1:11 pm

WOW, love it !!!

Hey I think she’s had a lot of work done to her face……I know they airbrush in magazines etc…..but I didn’t recognize her !!! Not judging just saying…..I think she is a beauty !!!

Kathy :)

Rick S October 8, 2011 at 12:47 am

Julia I am so hooked.
I was searching online with the address and found that there is a YouTube tour. just enter 200 Bay Lane, Watermill and you get a tour of the house, coming up drive, main level master bdrm, bath and closets, water views from house and lower level. Makes you feel like you are really there.

rick

hookedonhouses October 8, 2011 at 6:38 am

Thanks, Rick!

Lisa Smith October 8, 2011 at 10:32 am

Thanks Rick for the YouTube suggestion!

Lisa Smith October 8, 2011 at 10:31 am

Finally back where I have Internet and have been playing catch up on your amazing sight! I went to YouTube as Rick suggested and this house IS amazing! It is so fun to imagine it furnished and decorated! It is an enormous blank pallet! It reminds me of the house in the new “Revenge”….which you did another terrific post on! Hope you are enjoying a glorious fall. It’s MY favorite season!

Cottage David October 17, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Now that would be the design job of the century!

o October 25, 2011 at 10:51 am

j your house is wonderful, beautiful colors and full of life.

Juliana October 27, 2011 at 5:57 am

I think she ended up being interested in another house, designed by Peter Cook. More can be found here: http://realestalker.blogspot.com/2011/09/update-jennifer-lopez.html

hookedonhouses October 27, 2011 at 6:59 am

Love that house, too! Thanks, Juliana!

reza alipour November 28, 2011 at 10:28 am

I LOVE JENNIFER LOPEZ LOVE AND HEART JENNIFER LOPEZ

mutya like January 13, 2012 at 6:59 am

Jennifer Lopez….

Oh my God…..!!!!!this is the most beautiful house, i like from the design and color….
wow……!!!!! take care JLo love you so…..!

shefaa April 14, 2012 at 1:23 am

please notify me of new posts

{ 7 trackbacks }