“The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills:” A Look Inside Camille Grammer’s Colorado Getaway

Did you catch “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” this week, when the ladies were invited to Camille Grammer’s vacation home in Colorado? The drama can be a bit much on that show sometimes, but it’s fun to see the houses they live in.

Camille divorced husband Kelsey Grammer earlier this year, and part of the settlement involved selling the 8,500 square-foot house in the mountains near Beaver Creek. Of course, Nosy Nelly that I am, I was curious to find out if it was still on the market, so I did a little digging…

First of all, I found out that the house was featured in Architectural Digest back in June 2004, when Kelsey was finishing up his 11-year run on the popular sitcom Frasier.

Here’s the front of the house as it appeared in AD that year:

Back in March, the Real Estalker reported that the Grammers put it on the market for $7.9 million.

The listing is now marked as “inactive” on most real estate sites, but I’m not sure if it sold or was just taken off the market (if anyone has the scoop, fill us in!). I found some photos and information about it on Joni Taylor’s real estate site that still has it posted.

*9/22/11 UPDATE: Trulia is reporting today that the house was simply taken off the market and given to a different agent, Joni Taylor (the agent I linked to above), and that it is still for sale.

In this screenshot from the season premiere, the Real Housewives were arriving back at Camille’s house after a day on the slopes:

Here are some photos of the house from the listing and the AD story:

The kitchen and hearth room, where a lot of the action on the show took place:

It looks a little colorless and blah in these photos. I liked it better on TV!

The house has 6 bedrooms and 7.5 bathrooms.

This spiral staircase leads to the finished lower level where the guest rooms are:

On the show, Camille talked about how she helped design the house, and how they spent Thanksgivings there as a family.

Do you watch any of the “Real Housewives” on Bravo? Do you have a favorite house shown on the series? I’m eager to get a better look at Kyle’s new place that we saw her move into on the season premiere.

You can read more about Camille’s house and see the rest of the photos at Architectural Digest (photography by David O. Marlow) and in the real estate listing.

In More “Real Housewives” Real Estate News:

Comments

The outside shots of this house look almost similar, if not identical, to another CO house that I believe is Jerry Seinfield’s?

Stunning home none the less!

2. cecelia says

I loved this house the second I saw it. Thanks for posting the pics. I watch all the Housewives shows. Mostly for the houses, and the locations, restaurants and clothes they show off. Sometimes I actually mute the tv and just look, without listening!
    Miami Housewives have nice homes and apartments.

3. Maddie says

Love the house! The real estate listing says that the furniture will be sold separately. I wouldn’t mind having a couple of those pieces. I especially love the rug in the great room and some of the accent tables.

The “Real” Housewives sort of drive me nuts, but I do love to see their houses. 😉 I love the idea of having an escape up in the mountains…maybe after I make a bazillion dollars. 😉

5. Andrea @ Big Creek Cottage says

This house is very pretty. I really, really, really want to see more of Kyle’s new home…I think that it will be my absolute favorite housewife home……it looks amazing…….

BTW…does any know how many homes the Grammer’s have/had…geesh…how many homes does one family need?

6. Patti says

I am in love with that pillar candle chandelier over the dining table! Anyone know who makes it?

What a beautiful house – but those women!! they act like my middle schoolers!
    Mary

Oh my gosh I’m so glad you covered this house! I watch the show every week and when they featured this house I was obsessed! It’s absolutely gorgeous and I can’t believe she is going to give it up.

9. Kim says

Gorgeous house! I love all of the rooms. I’ve always loved this style of home with those beautiful wood beams on the inside and outside.

10. Kelly says

Yeah! Now we need to see Kyle’s new house! I love how Kyle said on the show that she used to park in front of it before it ever was for sale.

I love to look at the Hampton houses of the New York housewives. It sounds as though the New York cast might not be back though. Thank you for the tour of this Beaver Creek home-we live in Denver and sometimes rent a house in Beaver Creek for a few weeks in the winter-it is quintessential “Aspen”-very mountain and simply lovely.

Cristine

12. Sunny says

The house itself is okay, but so much of the furniture is the wrong scale, and has been arranged badly.

Not my bag. 😉

13. Nita says

I like seeing all their homes on NYC, OC, Jersey. I can’t believe the opulence of the Jersey homes. The ones in OC, even, are less opulent. MUCH. But, then things cost more in CA.

This house is incredible! I agree, it looked much more warm and inviting on TV. It kind of reminds me of Tom Cruise’s house when Oprah visited him. It’s unfortunate that Camille has to sell it, like one of the housewives joked, now she’s only down to a few homes! I watch all the housewives show except for Atlanta and New Jersey, I just cant get into either of those shows. I’m excited to see more of Kyle’s new home too!

15. Sheila says

Love the bar chairs in the kitchen. Unable to find anything similar, does anyone know where I can find those or something like those? Thanks.

16. Julie says

I have watched a few of the Beverly Hills shows. I’m already hooked on the New York and the New Jersey wives, and that’s enough drama for me, so I’m going to try to resist getting to know these ladies. Anytime I see a house that costs millions, I’m a bit snipey(?) and superior feeling in that I usually find myself thinking that the average, smaller, cozier homes, “the rest” of us live in, always feel much more inviting, and like real people actually do their living in them, for so much less. It’s always an affirmation that you don’t have to be rich to be happy. I can always appreciate the quality of materials, art, etc. that money can buy, and when this is done on a human scale, I love it. But most of the time, the scale and design of the average middle class homes from the 20’s through the 40’s, are, to me, absolute perfection. Anything more, are just for show, not for living.

17. Obie says

It would be more typically Vail (as BC is adjacent to Vail and quite far from Aspen).