Novelist Emily Giffin’s Traditional Southern Home in Atlanta

Emily Giffin is the bestselling author of the novel Something Borrowed, which was turned into a movie starring Kate Hudson and Ginnifer Goodwin earlier this year. I haven’t seen the movie yet, but I read several of her novels and enjoyed them. When I heard that her traditional Southern home is on the market in Atlanta, you know I had to take a look!

The listing says, “Price available on request,” but does mention that it was recently reduced by $100k. UPDATE: Zillow lists it at a little over $2 million and has a few additional photos.

The ceiling in the family room and all of the woodwork is gorgeous:

Even better–this photo she posted on her Facebook page of her “messy room” with the kids watching TV in here (love it!):

There’s a mention on her FB page that she’s had an offer on the house, so it may not be on the market much longer.

I love this breakfast nook with the fun light fixture and the back staircase:

The house has 6 bedrooms and 5.75 baths

The back of the house:

It was recently featured in BHG’s Garden, Deck & Landscaping magazine, which included this photo of her by the pool with her cutie-pie kids:

Now if I could just write a bestselling novel and get it made into a movie, maybe I could afford this place! Check out the entire slideshow at CasaSugar and see the listing by The Bayne Group for more information. To learn more about Emily Giffin and her novels, visit her website. (Thanks to Nicole for the link!)

On Sundays I feature interesting houses for sale. Click here to see more!

Comments

I adore this home Julia, now I am excited to read some of her novels and see the movie Something Borrowed!

xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

I have a New, very fashionable Giveaway on my site! Come and see!

Such an beautiful and charming home.. Love the “messy” photo…so real! That breakfast nook is great.

Oh-I-love-a-back-staircase-which-comes-down-into-the-kitchen!

Don’t know just where this love came from, but I love the idea, dearly. :-)

Gorgeous house. Gorgeous Mama. Gorgeous family. :-)

~?~

4. Angela says

This is my dream house. I loved Something Borrowed and can’t wait to add it to my home movie collection.

I loved Something Borrowed and Something Blue. (Didn’t think Kate Hudson fit “Darcy” very well) Those were my two favorites. Her home is lovely! What a nice backyard retreat!

If anyone could write a book, get famous, and then buy a house like this it’s YOU!Love seeing the perfect and the ‘real’ version of the family room with the kids…so great!!
    Happy Sunday…
    xo J~

7. Dawn says

Geesh, that’s the life!

However, now I’m looking at that open un-gated pool. It would make me nervous to have a pool like that with little ones around.

Maybe it’s not deep at any end but it would still make me nervous.

• hookedonhouses says

I didn’t mention this in the post, but in that magazine article I linked to, they explain how they came up with an ingenious way to cover the pool with a temporary deck when it’s not being used. I thought that was pretty cool!

8. Nicole L. says

Thanks for the post Julia! Still drooling. No kidding…apparently all it takes is to be a great author, be offered to make your novels into movies…AND raise 3 kids. I’m feeling like a little bit of a slacker. I still think that house is too perfect to have 3 kids in it! Ha!

9. Deb in Oz says

This is one of the loveliest homes I’ve seen in a while. I could see myself living there quite easily.

10. Julie W. says

I loved her novels, but I think I love her house more! Like Emily, I wonder why she’s selling? Maybe we could all pool our money…! Love your blog!

11. Kim says

Gorgeous house! My favorite part is the back staircase in the kitchen. I want one in my house someday.

What a house! And I like her decorating as well. I just started reading her lately. Finished my first of one of her novels. Great writer. The woman is gifted!
    Brenda

13. Mary says

WOW! How does one upgrade from something as beautiful as this???

Love this house! (I feel like I say that a lot on your site, but I mean it!)

I also like her “messy” room pic – it makes the house look real and lived-in.

I love this house! It’s so beautiful! I love all the architectural details and the furnishings!

She has great taste!!!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

16. GeNae Welch says

*telling myself to stop coveting this house*

It just looks so lived in! I’d add some color to the kitchen but who doesn’t want a back staircase?!

Love the lighting over the breakfast table and her outdoor chaise lounge is fantastic. Great post Julia!

18. Sarah says

My crazy pregnancy hormones and exhaustion actually caused me to tear up at that bathroom. So beautiful and relaxing!

And I think I like that room a lot better messy, myself.

19. Maria says

Drool…you had me at the back staircase and it just went on from there. Pretty much the only thing I’d change is to warm up/tone down some of the whites. And I’m a white cabinet loving kinda girl.

On a side note, she’s married to someone named Buddy Blaha? (linked garden article) Seriously? Sounds novel.