Kate Hudson Buys 1935 Tudor Revival House Next Door

by hookedonhouses on June 22, 2011

Kate Hudson, who’s engaged to Muse frontman Matthew Bellamy and expecting a baby with him, just bought the historic 1935 Tudor Revival next door to her long-time Pacific Palisades home in California. Word has it she paid $5.3 million and plans to use it as a guest house. I’m hoping to get my invitation to stay there soon. Hey, Kate, I’ll be happy to babysit!

The 7,014-square-foot home has 5 bedrooms and 6.5 baths. Plenty of room for visitors if that’s what they plan to use it for.

Since starting my Movie Mondays series, one of the most requested movie houses was the blue Craftsman bungalow from the Kate Hudson comedy You, Me, & Dupree. Kate’s mom Goldie Hawn and stepdad Kurt Russell live nearby, so when I’m not there to help out with the babysitting, I’m sure they’ll lend a hand.

BTW, I featured the ’40s bungalows from the movie that Goldie and Kurt met on here: Swing Shift. I also love the little yellow house Goldie moves into in Housesitter.
There’s a sweet little playhouse tucked in the backyard. Kate says she has a feeling the baby will be a girl, so I imagine it’ll get a lot of use in years to come!

7/11 UDATE: She had a baby boy and named him Bingham Hawn Bellamy. “Bing” for short.

Visit CasaSugar for the rest of the photos and more information about the house. Since it has sold, I’m not sure how much longer the listing will be up.

Hooked on Celebrity Houses? Click Here to See More!

Danielle June 22, 2011 at 9:04 pm

I’ll be their guest any time! I love that kitchen.

Nita June 22, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Forget the guests! I LOVE that house. But at a time when people are struggling, it seriously ticks me off at the spending these celebs go on and on about. It seems to save stuff it to the rest of us.

laurelcanyonfashionista June 22, 2011 at 10:33 pm

i have to say, i agree with nita!!!!

Megan June 23, 2011 at 7:59 am

I used to think that way, too, but you know what? Every time one of these celebs buys a big home or has a lavish wedding, they’re giving money to local stores and vendors. Someone has to move their stuff in, the celebs have to buy their furniture and paint from someone, etc. So, I’m fine with people dropping millions on a big home and decorating it accordingly. It’s not how I’d spend my money (which is a moot point, as I’m rich), but someone has to buy the million dollar homes, you know?

In my last job, I did a lot of research on the economy. A LOT. When you read report after report about struggling industries, it’s refreshing to see pictures of some celeb’s huge home, or someone’s expensive wedding, or the crazy amount of money someone spent on a dress for the Oscars. It’s a nice break from austerity.

Megan June 23, 2011 at 8:08 am

I meant “As I’m NOT rich.” I need coffee!

BungalowBILL June 23, 2011 at 9:41 am

At least they’re spending their money and they’re spending it in the USA, where they made it. That helps the economy. Having the money and hoarding it helps no one.

hookedonhouses June 23, 2011 at 10:21 am

Agreed. Besides, I try not to judge how other people spend their money, lest others start judging how I spend mine. Ha. :)

Dawn June 25, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Agreed! Let them spend and enjoy their money however they want. It’s theirs to do as they want … just as you can do whatever you want with yours.

Kim June 23, 2011 at 2:17 am

It’s a very nice house. I love the dark woodwork room with the fireplace. Even though I like this house, I have seen nicer tudor houses before.

Maaike Quinn June 23, 2011 at 3:18 am

Great house! I love the kitchen, with those cute blue and lime green cabinets. So Julia, when you’re on for babysitting, let’s throw a party in there! Woohoo :D!!

hookedonhouses June 23, 2011 at 10:25 am

I’m sure they won’t mind if I throw a little party while I’m staying there. You’re all invited!

Luciane at Homebunch.com June 23, 2011 at 5:25 am

I feel so happy for her. She seem to be a great young woman and she has great taste! Look at this place! It’s so “homey” and it seems to be perfect for a growing family.

Enjoy your day, Julia!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Sharon June 23, 2011 at 6:38 am

What a pretty home! The first thing I would have to do though is change the color of the kitchen cabinets to something more soothing. Overall the house is very tastefully decorated! Lovely!

J May 15, 2012 at 2:07 pm

I like the cabinets in the kitchen. I think the color is soothing.

Mary June 23, 2011 at 7:11 am

It’s gorgeous – lucky her! Fab kitchen
Mary x

Jacqueline June 23, 2011 at 8:00 am

I’m happy for Kate and Matt. He’s an amazing, talented musician. I love Muse. I consider him a far superior choice than A Rod.

Anyway, this is a beautiful house! I adore tudor homes. Not too keen about all of the decor pictured, but I’m sure they’ll add their own touches to it.

Btw, for those unfamiliar with this area – Pacific Palisades’ properties are almost (if not) ALWAYS on the expensive side, $5 mill isn’t a big deal in those neighborhoods. Seems outrageous in this economy, I know. But, they have the money to front for it. When in Rome…

Marion Marchetto June 23, 2011 at 8:01 am

Love the dining room and the sitting room with stairs to the loft. Nice large house yet cozy. But oh the work to keep it clean!

Ricki Jill Treleaven June 23, 2011 at 8:34 am

Wow. I usually do not like Tudor houses because they are so dark, but this one is stunning. I would live in it! What style is her current home?

Cordelia June 23, 2011 at 8:48 am

What a beautiful house. I love Tudor houses.

Amanda @ Serenity Now June 23, 2011 at 8:55 am

I like the kitchen a lot, and that play house….oh….I die! So, so sweet. My girls would have hours of fun in there-provided there are no bugs. ;)

Bluebirds and Butterflies June 23, 2011 at 9:42 am

I always enjoy seeing the wonderful homes you post on your blog! Love Kate Hudson and her mom, Goldie! Have a happy day! xoxo Kim

The Texas Peach June 23, 2011 at 10:26 am

I love how bright and spacious the kitchen is. I think that I would have to change the color of the cabinets to something more neutral though. I really like the room with the loft space. I would have really enjoyed having that playhouse when I was a little girl. I really love the little yellow house in the Housesitter movie too!

polly dove June 23, 2011 at 11:56 am

OH! MY! GOSH! I love everything about it!!! Holy cow – that kitchen!!! The little house out back … darling! Lucky Kate … glad that life is going so well for her! (Thanks for the invite to the party Julia – I would love to come!) ;)

craig June 23, 2011 at 1:16 pm

that’s a marvelous kitchen. really homely look.

Morgan June 23, 2011 at 8:15 pm

cute couple, lovely house!

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints June 23, 2011 at 9:13 pm

can not believe that will be a guest house! WHAT?

elsieb July 22, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Stars just have way too much money. Imagine a guest house for 5 million. The stars talk about green. What a waste. Am I jealous…maybe.

Richard Orton November 11, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Looks like a Gerald Colcord house. Does anyone know if he was the architect?

{ 3 trackbacks }