Judy Garland’s Former Bel-Air Home For Sale & More News

Judy Garland's Wallace Neff house-Bel AirThere’s No Place Like (Judy Garland’s Former) Home: Curbed.

Is Our Love for Fireplaces Cooling Off? NYT.

The Top 50 Places in the U.S. to Raise Kids: Businessweek.

Pink-room-Country-Living

Home {Sweet} Home: A Valentine to My House.

12 Romantic Bedrooms: House Beautiful.

How to Romance Your Rooms: BHG.

christie-brinkley-hampton-house-1

Did You See Model Christie Brinkley’s Hamptons House on “Oprah”? More Pics.

The Upside-Down House: Between Naps on the Porch.

This Spoof of the Bird Trend in Decorating Made Me Laugh: Put a Bird on It!

Happy Weekend, Everybody! :-)

Comments

Hello Julia!

Friday!!!! Yay!! I hope you enjoy your weekend at fullest! :-)

These are really interesting links. I need to check them out.

… Talking about links… I have a SHOCKING POST today! :-) Every Friday we have a “Cool or Fool” section where we judge the “crazy” side of decor. Today the post is: DEXTER INSPIRED DECOR! You gotta to see this one, Julia! Very creepy! :-)

Have a great day!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Clicked over to see the article on best places to raise kids, I always find these kind of lists fascinating…I see Alaska made it onto the list, that is rare! Janell

Wonderful links Julia!! Have a great weekend!

Loved ” Put a Bird on it!”

Come and join my amazing giveaway from Splenderosa!

xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

That “Put a Bird On It” video is hysterical. And to think I was going to start a bird painting next week! Methinks I shall stick to the vintage olive oil bottles instead! I love your Valentine from last year, Julia. Too, too sweet! (Got to *love* the pink interiors in that post!)

Have a great weekend!
    xoxoxo,
    Ricki Jill

Hi Julia! I love Fridays @ Hooked on Houses – so much pretty eye candy while I have down time at work. :) Hope you have a great weekend!

6. Mike says

Judy’s house is beautiful! And I love the room (closet perhaps) with all the built-in drawers.

7. ShabbyChick says

Loving Judy Garland’s house! It’s not often that I see a stars’ home that I would live in, but that house is classic. I think I would change the bathroom, though! Who wants to have all those mirrors when you’re bathing and getting ready???

I think Judy Garland’s house just may be my dream house! Thank you so much for sharing!!

9. Bre says

Great links for the weekend! Those bedrooms were romantic and stylish, great inspiration as we decorate our place. I love the red velvet headboard, it may be a tad over the top but maybe that’s why I loved it! Have a happy weekend Julia and family!

I’m so glad I saw Brinkley’s home on the Oprah show…, with her shell art!! I included some pics of her art studio (via video) here: http://www.completely-coastal.com/2011/02/christie-brinkleys-home-and-shell-art.html
    I guess Brinkley never sold that house. By the way…, love your weekend variety link posts! They actually inspired me to do my coastal news posts on weekends. So THANKS for the inspiration!!! You might get a kick out of Rush Limbaugh’s former (and very over the top) NYC condo that he sold last year.

Have a great weekend!

11. T. says

Ooh, Judy Garland’s home is my dream home. It is modest and homey.

12. Kim says

Out of all of the celebrity homes, Judy Garland’s is the only home I could see myself living in. I love it! The house is so homey, warm, and inviting.

Heehee, I can’t stop giggling over the Portland spoof! My brother lives there and they really do puts birds on everything – especially owls. Come to think of it, the bird trend is sort of like the mounted animal head trend, except cuter.

Mmmm…so pretty! I was just flipping through all of the pink yumminess in House Beautiful this evening.

Happy Valentine Weekend,

: )

Julie M.

15. Nita says

You mean Judy was 14 or 15 years old when she hired an architect to build this house? I find that info hard to believe. I love the house.

• hookedonhouses says

Yep, I read she was 16 and filming “The Wizard of Oz” at the time. She wasn’t living alone yet, though–she was still living with her family. -Julia

I think it is humorous that the cities chosen in Washington and Idaho are only 8 miles away from each other. Pullman, WA and Moscow, ID. The two cities have to plan their graduations around one another otherwise their wouldn’t be enough hotel rooms for all the students’ family members if they were the same weekend. People in Pullman shop in Moscow as that is where the Costco and the Macy’s are.

17. Destiny says

My favorite link of this wrap-up is the post you wrote on loving your home. It was a “hit the nail on the head” revelation. And … perfectly timed!

My house is having an identity crisis. The rooms/areas that are clean are uber clean. The rooms that aren’t, well … they really, really arent!

While some women shop obsessively or as an outlet, I clean. The problem is that I don’t really like to clean, so I tend to clean the all ready clean spaces and let the rest go for too long.

Laundry room, be warned — I’m coming for you!

Julia, I really liked Christie’s house…so neat seeing the inside. Looking forward to seeing her new home. Bet it will be wonderful.
    Thanks so much for the link to the Upside Down House. :)