Mel Gibson’s Lavender Hill Farm in Malibu

Mel Gibson's Lavender Hill Farm Property in Malibu | hookedonhouses.net

Since Mel Gibson’s Tudor mansion in Greenwich has been such a popular post around here, I thought you all might like to get a gander at another one of his properties that’s on the market now. This “hacienda-style retreat” in Malibu has the romantic-sounding name Lavender Hill Farm. It’s currently on the market for $14.5 million, so get out your checkbooks!

Mel Gibson's Lavender Hill Farm Property in Malibu | hookedonhouses.net

Mel Gibson's Lavender Hill Farm Property in Malibu | hookedonhouses.net

great room

The kitchen looks a little dated, but it’s an interesting shape:

Lavender Hill Farm-kitchen

Lavender Hill Farm-breakfast room

tile stairs

Lavender Hill Farm-bedroom

Mel Gibson-Lavender Hill Farm 1

I think this yellow and white-checked floor is really fun–it just looks cheerful. And, is it me, or do the sinks look short? I’m wondering if this is a kids’ bath, perhaps:

Lavender Hill Farm-yellow checked floor bath

Lavender Hill Farm-shelter

The estate covers nearly 3 acres, and they’re beautifully landscaped. For more information, check the listing with Chris Cortazzo of Coldwell Banker and Real Estalker.

pool

P.S. Visit my Celebrity Houses page to see more, including…

Mel Gibson's Tudor in Greenwich Connecticut

Mel Gibson’s Tudor in Greenwich

Designer Jonathan Adler's Greenwich Village duplex was featured on the Wall Street Journal recently and shows that he hasn't lost his love of happy colors,…
Kim Kardashian's House in Beverly Hills
Okay, so I have to admit I'm not really Keeping Up with the Kardashians, so Kim Kardashian and her new Mediterranean villa in Beverly Hills…

Comments

LOVE IT!!!!

This place is full of character and personality, although that doesn’t say much when it comes from Mel. :-)

Take a look my post today, Julia.. I know you like interior design and you gotta to know this very famous brazilian designer: Roberto Migotto. He’s really, really good.

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

I love the house. I love the tile on the risers on the stairs, the landscaping, the unique architectural features…..yep…I could live there….if I had the bank account to go with it!

Thanks for posting it, Julia. I think it is a very cheerful house! I prefer it to Mel’s Connecticut home.
    .-= Ricki Jill Treleaven´s last blog ..Turkey Marsala Tetrazzini =-.

Love it! But how did I not know that he was divorced AND had a girlfriend AND a kid with her?! I must live under a rock!

I usually am not a fan of this style of home…but it is so prettily decorated with the feminine fabrics and yellows….

I love it.
    .-= Miz Booshay´s last blog .. =-.

Definitely leave it. I’m not a big fan of this house whatsoever. It looks to me like it needs to updated desperately, especially the kitchen.

At first I did’t care for this home but when I went to the link with more pictures, it grew on me, not my first choice, but a definate maybe. I have to say that this home and the other have the most amazing grounds! I lost count of the tables he had outdoors, I wonder if anyone ever even went outside and enjoyed it?!
    .-= Pat´s last blog ..Having Fun Wasting Time =-.

7. Farmeress says

It is very authentic to its style and very comfy looking. The ceiling in the kitchen is typical and gorgeous. Bet the setting is incredible!

8. Kathy :) says

Poor Mel I think he’s lost his mind !!! But a great house, not really my style but I could adjust LOL

Love his movies………I really think that having his kind of $$$$ (although with an ex and his current situation maybe just $$) that it corrupts more than it dosen’t….

Great post,

Kathy :)

I “like” it! It has a little bit of a Carmel feel to it…it does need some updating though. Not overall bad though for such a “themed” house.

I feel so sorry for the whole family…wonder how things could have gone so very ‘south’. Going to Australia and getting out of Dodge sounds like a pretty good idea. I grew up in LA and it’s a bit twisty!
    xo J~
    .-= Jessica´s last blog ..Our Special Guest =-.

10. Kim says

Although this house is unique and has character, I wouldn’t want to live here. I’m not a big fan of Spanish styled homes.

11. Jackie W.- Kansas says

That is a LOT of pictures. Liked the outdoor chess set. Is this the property that has the priest & church on it ?

12. Lili says

The thing that I have never understood about celebrities/rich people… is that just because they have the money to splurge, they seem to think that they have to spend as much of it as they can…. Sometimes their homes just seem so… overdone. I like the overall looks and finishes for the most part, but there are too many little details and things stuck here and there as accents that just clutter and distract from the main focus.

Oh, I just can’t past the fact that Mel once lived here. Did he lose his mind here or elsewhere? It would be nice without that history attached to it… too bad. I felt this way about the last ‘Mel’ house you showed us too… just too sad.
    .-= Mindi´s last blog ..Girls Day =-.

14. HollyM says

I could move right in. Right now. Wonder if they need a caretaker while it’s on the market? ; )

15. Nita says

I just love this house. Look at that arched window! I don’t care if the kitchen looks “dated”, at least it’s not the same old Pottery Barn look! They say if a child grows up in a house with nooks and crannies, it increases their IQ, rather than living in a flat roofed box.

I really love this house, it’s spectacular {not crazy about the crazy home owner}. I love the ceilings, the archways, and the tile work. I would love to have that dining table for my own.
    .-= Bre´s last blog ..How To- Give a Gift to Anyone =-.

Well, I wouldn’t turn that house down. I’d definitely go for more color and I wonder what is going to happen to his massive Church he’s been building for years. I’ve got an unusual post of an old “Playhouse.” There are still a few around functioning in private hands. If you are hooked on houses, this one is as rare as hen’s teeth. Come have a peek.
    Best,
    Liz
    .-= Dovecote Decor´s last blog ..Old Long Island Estates- A surviving James W OConnor Playhouse =-.