For Sale: Farrah Fawcett’s Former Home in Bel Air

by hookedonhouses on August 25, 2010

Farrah Fawcett's former guest house Bel Air Antelo Road

One of Farrah Fawcett’s former Bel Air properties is on the market for $6.4 million. It comes with 4 bedrooms, 4.5 baths and a little piece of Hollywood history. Thanks to her famous turn as Jill Munroe on Charlie’s Angels in the ’70s, a lot of us wanted to have hair like hers. I’d be happy to show you my own pitiful attempt at mimicking her feathered ‘do in the ’80s, but I seem to have mysteriously lost all those photos. Otherwise, I would show you.

Farrah Fawcett's house

Farrah sold the house in ’99, and it was on the market again in 2008 for $4.1 million.

Farrah's kitchen

The listing says: “Walking through the doors you are drawn to panoramic city, canyon, mountain & reservoir views that can be seen through large picture windows & sliding glass doors.”

kitchen tableA reader named Thomas tells me she bought it as a guest house when she was married to Lee Majors and living next door at 3130 Antelo Road: “After the 1994 Northridge earthquake her home was red tagged and she moved into this home until she sold both and moved into a Wishire Corridor condo.” (BTW, Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon now own the main house next door.)

bookshelvesDid you know she was born Ferrah Leni Fawcett — a name her mother made up because she thought it sounded good? She later changed the spelling.

She was diagnosed with cancer in 2006 and died in June of ’09 when she was only 62. Michael Jackson died hours later, which totally stole her thunder (and many of the newspaper and magazine covers she would have been on otherwise).

bedroomIn other Farrah trivia, her first TV appearance was on I Dream of Jeannie in ’68. I loved that show. I wanted to marry Major Nelson when I grew up (but for some reason it didn’t work out for the two of us). You can see my post about Larry Hagman’s house–which happens to be the largest solar-powered residence in the U.S.–here.

bathroom

P.S. Visit my Celebrity Houses page to see more, including…

Olivia Newton-John's beach house Jupiter FL

Want to get my weekly newsletter via email so you don’t miss anything?

Amy August 25, 2010 at 10:01 pm

The house isn’t completely my style but I do have a soft spot for that type of architecture. I’d live there for the views though, for sure. Oh, and the pool :D
.-= Amy´s last blog ..Picture Post =-.

Nita August 25, 2010 at 10:10 pm

I wonder what that reservoir is? Hmmmmm……

The house is too cold and white for me. Julia, if you can, go see Nanny McPhee Returns. The house is a tudor farmhouse during World War II and it’s adorable!!!!!

anna see August 25, 2010 at 10:11 pm

I loved I dream of Jeannie, but I had a girl crush on Jeannie herself!
.-= anna see´s last blog ..Holly Lane Designs Giveaway! =-.

Amanda @ Serenity Now August 25, 2010 at 10:23 pm

I’d be willing to bet that any high school acquaintances of yours who read this blog are frantically flipping through their pictures right now to out you! ;) I like the big windows in the kitchen. :)
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..Reminds Me of Chippendales =-.

hookedonhouses August 26, 2010 at 8:24 am

Amanda–
Knowing them, they probably are. But a warning to them: I will “out them” right back. Because I know where to find their old photos, too. (She says with an evil laugh, bwahahaha.) -Julia ;-)

Dean August 25, 2010 at 10:24 pm

LOVE this house and the property! On a smaller scale, it would suit me to a “T”.
Thanks for posting this.

Janell Beals August 25, 2010 at 11:02 pm

The house value obviously is in its location and the views, a blank slate most definitely…one I wouldn’t mind tackling. AND…I dream of Jeanie, I loved the inside of her bottle, now that was a cool interior! Janell
.-= Janell Beals´s last blog ..Isabellas Lampshade Project =-.

Kim August 25, 2010 at 11:14 pm

This house isn’t for me. I like the kitchen, views, shower, pool, and barbeque pit, though.

Cindy August 26, 2010 at 2:16 am

Mid-century architecture is my favorite probably because I grew up in one and you kinda get used to those walls of windows and the openess to the outdoors. I love the updates on this one.
Nita — that is Stone Canyon Resevoir. Go to the listing and scroll down to the map and check out the area. The house is shown without the pool on the satellite map.

Tara Dillard August 26, 2010 at 5:55 am

Looks like whoever mowed the lawn was mowing & texting at the same time. They don’t mix.

Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

Trish @TheOldPostRoad August 26, 2010 at 6:15 am

Oh dear. That home could be used to film a 1970′s movie. Thanks for sharing!
-Trish
.-= Trish @TheOldPostRoad´s last blog ..Historic Homes Summer 2010 =-.

Laura August 26, 2010 at 7:16 am

She was so beautiful and an icon to many women during that era… I’m not keen on the house though. I’m really not into the acres of windows… I like that ‘boxed in’ feeling… leaving the elements outside… As we say in England though… ‘Horses for Courses’ . Lx
.-= Laura´s last blog ..A little bit of home comfort =-.

karin/lifeinsmallchunks@blogspot.com August 26, 2010 at 8:11 am

Hahaha…I tried Farrah’s ‘do’ back then as well! My pictures have all disappeared as well!! I loved Farrah back then, but her house doesn’t do a lot for me. The views are spectacular, though!

Slowish Food August 26, 2010 at 8:35 am

I don’t love the house — it feels pretty cold — but like you, I was at the right age when Farrah mania hit, and was constantly combing Tiger Beat for her beauty tips. (Amazingly, I never read the tip, “Be born with great genes,” which I think was the real secret.) I will always have a soft spot for Farrah, and seeing her empty house makes me sad. I hope it finds a buyer who will love it.
.-= Slowish Food´s last blog ..The Modified Compact Revisited =-.

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish August 26, 2010 at 8:36 am

Wow! That kitchen is beautiful! I love the openness of the whole space!
.-= Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish´s last blog ..Nine Things to Use Chalkboard Spray Paint On =-.

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints August 26, 2010 at 8:37 am

I remember feeling sorry for her. She didn’t get very much attention at all because of that. Not really a fan of the house. Very stark. I would have thought she’d have fluffy pillows and girly ruffles all around:)
.-= Becky @ Farmgirl Paints´s last blog ..Blind dating =-.

Kimberlee J. August 26, 2010 at 8:48 am

I love that wall of windows/sliding doors in the kitchen. I think I could be very happy here. :)

Michael Jackson died on my birthday, June 25th. Was it the same day? I had no idea that FF passed that day either.
.-= Kimberlee J.´s last blog ..What Excites One or Two =-.

hookedonhouses August 26, 2010 at 8:55 am

That’s right, Farrah died on June 25, a few hours before Michael Jackson did. -Julia

Cassi @ Miles from Suburbia August 26, 2010 at 9:08 am

While I love me some MCM houses, this one is just kind of meh to me. I love the bathroom, though. And the tidbit about Larry Hagman’s house really flips my skirt up for some reason! (Prolly because he was so dreamy… you know, before the alcoholism.)
.-= Cassi @ Miles from Suburbia´s last blog ..Letting Go- The Pleather and Felt Edition =-.

Pat August 26, 2010 at 9:37 am

Typical CA home again. Deceiving from the outside, and once inside, it’s all about the view. I looked at the map and I actually lived not to far away, on Encino Ave. What a difference living on the other side of the Ventura Freeway makes, LOL!
Not particularly my style, but once again, oh those views! The pictures don’t reflect Farrah living there, righ? It’s pictures of the current owners furnishing, which could use a little TLC.
As for the Farrah “do”…it’s timeless and I bet you wore it very well!
.-= Pat´s last blog ..Peachy Memories =-.

Celia August 26, 2010 at 10:01 am

I love the free standing tub but do we really need a TV in the bathroom???
.-= Celia´s last blog ..Blackberries =-.

Amanda August 26, 2010 at 10:38 am

Nice tub- but is it right by a big ol window? No way could I relax feeling that exposed!
.-= Amanda´s last blog ..Hauling cement and other freakin hard work =-.

pollydove August 26, 2010 at 11:59 am

Over $6 million, for that? I think I’ll pass.

And I so wanted to be “Jeannie” back in the day … and have always wanted to dress up like her at Halloween! I’m getting old now – better hurry, huh?
.-= pollydove´s last blog ..Susans art =-.

Dana August 26, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Cool house but not my “thing.” I wanted to marry Major Nelson as well, such a patient man!
.-= Dana´s last blog ..What I Wanted =-.

Ariadone August 26, 2010 at 1:25 pm

But I knew when she died that same day over here in The Netherlands and later on I saw her movie of the battle against her specific cancer. I felt so deeply for Ryan and her son, who did such stupid things like going to yale while his mother is dying….Anyway…I meditated a while when looking at the pictures of her house in your post. Thank you.
Godeliva van Ariadone
.-= Ariadone´s last blog .. =-.

Bre August 26, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Damn that MJ for stealing her thunder. That summer was like the year of celebrities passing away…so odd. This house isn’t really my style, but I’m enjoying her bathroom with it’s expansive shower and tub. I’m a sucker for bathrooms.

Try and find those Farrah hair pictures ;)
.-= Bre´s last blog ..Your Makeup Artist Should Be Fired- Eva Longoria =-.

Kathy :) August 26, 2010 at 3:38 pm

LOVED her……I watched Charlie’s Angels….and I Dream of Jeannie , I wish she had stayed married to Lee Majors…..the Bionic Man loved that show too… What a mess The O’Neil family is huh ???

Did you ever see Farrah in The Burning Bed….I thought she was great !

Yes I had the hair too…..first time I ever permed my hair just the sides, so I could make it roll back….MEMORIES.

Love that tub…..we are in the talking stages of doing over our bathroom, I have a pic of a tub similar to that…… :) Otherwise not really a fan of that house !

Nice post,
Kathy :)

Carrie August 26, 2010 at 5:33 pm

I like the view, but the house really isn’t my style.
.-= Carrie´s last blog ..Homemade English Muffins =-.

Daisy August 29, 2010 at 7:09 am

The house is not my style; too cold with hardly any personal touches. The views are breathtaking though. If I could afford to buy it, I would probably take it down.
.-= Daisy´s last blog ..Top 10 Movie Halloween Costumes for 2010 =-.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com August 29, 2010 at 9:00 am

It’s pretty but cold.
.-= Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com´s last blog ..Roving Reader- World Shaking =-.

Thomas February 24, 2013 at 12:51 am

Hi Everyone…just a bit of info on this home. It is actually the home Farrah bought as a guest home when family came to visit. At the time she was living in the home next door at 3130 Antelo Rd, the home she had been living in even while married to Lee Majors. which is about twice the size and very different in feel. After the 1994 Northridge earthquake her home was red tagged and this is hen she moved into this home until she sold both and moved into a Wishire Corridor condo.