Halle Berry’s $5 Million Beverly Hills Hideaway

by hookedonhouses on February 3, 2010

Halle Berry-Gabriel Aubry

Oscar-winning actress Halle Berry (shown here with Gabriel Aubry, her French-Canadian boyfriend and the father of her daughter Nahla) bought this Mediterranean-style home in Beverly Hills for $2.275 million back in 2001. It’s small by Hollywood standards–only 2 bedrooms and 2 baths–but I can definitely see why it appealed to her. The home sits on a lovely and secluded 1.3 acres and looks like a sweet little hideaway to me.

Halle Berry-front walk

The house is currently on the market for $5 million. Rumor has it that Halle Berry’s mother has been living here recently.

Halle Berry-front door

According to the listing:

One-of-a-kind rustic & private Old-World Mediterranean graced by magnificent gardens, fountains, al fresco dining & seating areas, fire pit and sumptuous stone spa in a verdant canyon setting. The vibe is majestic, yet casual with vaulted heavy wood-beamed ceilings, wide-planked wood floors, detailed custom-made ironwork, stone-carved fireplaces, a dramatic staircase, banks of French doors/windows & a master suite tub carved out of stone. Cook’s kitchen.

Halle Berry-front entry

Halley Berry-living room

The kitchen may be a little too narrow for people who cook a lot:

Halle Berry-kitchen

Halle Berry-staircase

The master bedroom:

Halle Berry-master bedroom

Master bath:

Halle Berry-master bath

It looks like this balcony is off the master bedroom:

Halle Berry-balcony

How many throws can you spot? I think at least 3 of them may be the same one moved strategically around the house for the photos. (Not that there’s anything wrong with that. We all appreciate an agent who makes an effort!)

Halle Berry-guest room

Halle Berry-terrace

If you buy this house, then actress Amy Adams might be your neighbor. She reportedly purchased a renovated ranch down the street.

Halle Berry's house for sale

How cute is this photo of Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry on the beach with their daughter Nahla? (Via Splash.)

Halle, Gabriel and Nahla on the beach

You can see more photos and get more information about the house at The Real Estalker, Posh 24, and the real estate listing.

Visit my Celebrity Houses page for links to the others I’ve featured, from Christie Brinkley to Whoopi Goldberg. Or check out the Top 10 Celebrity Houses of ’09.

black eyed susans kitchen February 3, 2010 at 8:35 am

Hi Julia, Well, the staircase is lovely, and it is unique, but not my cup-o-tea. The ranch house in the neighborhood that was linked to this post was wonderful though.
Susan
.-= black eyed susans kitchen´s last blog ..SHOWERS OF LOVE FOR THE BRIDE TO BE : A FAMILY PHOTO ALBUM =-.

LeAnn February 3, 2010 at 9:08 am

Oh Julia, I love this house and I could definitely live there…LOL! Don’t think it’s quite in my price range though! It is so different than the norm for a Hollywood star. Thanks for showing it.
.-= LeAnn´s last blog ..A hint of black =-.

Marija February 3, 2010 at 9:18 am

That front door! I just can’t get over it. Though the rest of the home is not my style, it works and it is nicely done. The kitchen may require a makeover but perhaps I am too persuaded by the white kitchens of the moment! Marija
.-= Marija´s last blog ..I’m Marija. This is my blog. =-.

Beth@The Stories of A2Z February 3, 2010 at 9:27 am

I laughed out loud when you commented on the throws. I was thinking, “hmmmm, that looks like the exact same throw in each pic,” and then you spoke my thoughts :). It’s gorgeous and I would gladly take it if I had an extra 5 mil to blow.
.-= Beth@The Stories of A2Z´s last blog ..Deals on Pictures and Ask Me Anything =-.

Kristin February 3, 2010 at 9:30 am

Thank you for sharing this lovely house. Houses like this make me happy!
.-= Kristin´s last blog ..French shopping =-.

Janet February 3, 2010 at 9:42 am

I’ll take it, but you have to throw in Gabriel. What a unique home, I love it.
.-= Janet´s last blog .. =-.

Gerry February 3, 2010 at 9:45 am

I really like this house. I can see why it might be a little small now with no nursery for her daughter but definitely a cute house. Actually, I loved the kitchen. We might think it is small since we actually cook for our families, but in Hollywood I don’t hear of that many stars who actually eat at home anyway so anyone interested would go in and see the beautiful counter tops and top of the line stainless appliances and would be very pleased. I’m glad to see that, even though at the time she bought this she could very well have afforded a huge mansion, she opted for a really pretty and cozy home.

Lou Cinda February 3, 2010 at 9:57 am

I LOVE this house, though it may be better suited to a single or a couple….but still…I would take it in a hearbeat!

Love that view off the balcony!

Lou Cinda :)
.-= Lou Cinda´s last blog ..Happy Met Monday and Make It For Monday =-.

Kelley February 3, 2010 at 10:06 am

I think you’re right–looks like the same throw in those pics.

I love your blog. I’m fascinated with spaces and how people use them. Thanks for sharing your eye on these amazing structures!

Sunshine February 3, 2010 at 10:40 am

What a cozy home! I love those pictures!
.-= Sunshine´s last blog ..A time to be Grateful =-.

Jessica S February 3, 2010 at 10:41 am

Oh, I love this house. I like smaller, cozy houses. Looks like a happy house.

Amy February 3, 2010 at 10:41 am

I sooo love this house. I feel like I could curl up on the couch and go to sleep. And for 5 Mil, I would expect a bigger kitchen- but it’s probably more realistic that I’d be eating at fabulous restaurants every night :D
.-= Amy´s last blog ..The End =-.

Monique February 3, 2010 at 11:21 am

Love the house.. need a bigger kitchen..but I love it..She is just lovely.
.-= Monique´s last blog ..Oh My Goodness~ =-.

Christine February 3, 2010 at 11:29 am

What a beautiful home! I love that it’s small and secluded. That white throw definitely makes the rounds in the photos! I would’ve thought the kitchen would have been more open, but it’s functional.
.-= Christine´s last blog ..$2.50!!!! =-.

anna see February 3, 2010 at 11:37 am

loved the vibe this house gave off!
.-= anna see´s last blog ..Please Take Me Home, Country Roads =-.

Barbara February 3, 2010 at 11:43 am

It’s an absolustely beautiful home–I could very easily live there. And I do love the front door as well. Maybe I could do that on my house! Very, very pretty.

Art by Karena February 3, 2010 at 11:57 am

It would be perfect for moi!! I love the old world charm, and the light streaming in!
Karena

Morning T February 3, 2010 at 12:10 pm

I absolutely LOVE that house and could even handle the narrow kitchen! The front door, huge entry window and stone/brick surround, fireplace in master and that light fixture- OMG so much to love. The crystal chandie in the bathroom and that tub- wow.
Thanks for sharing.
.-= Morning T´s last blog ..Heard it through the grapevine =-.

Jocelyn Stott February 3, 2010 at 12:41 pm

I am kind of in shock – that house is like my dream and I am not even kidding. Everything about it I LOVE LOVE LOVE! That has just sent me straight into the depths of my imagination.
.-= Jocelyn Stott´s last blog ..Conversations With The Government =-.

Jenny February 3, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Not my style, but it does have character. The kitchen doesn’t seem to “go” with the rest of the house though. I love that last pic of them as a family. They are all so pretty!
.-= Jenny´s last blog ..I Miss You, Ditto =-.

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger February 3, 2010 at 12:50 pm

Wow…GORGEOUS!
.-= the BLAH BLAH BLAHger´s last blog ..Front Loader Problem and Solution! =-.

melissa February 3, 2010 at 12:57 pm

So pretty! I could so move right in!!
.-= melissa´s last blog ..Onward & Upward =-.

Kim @ Everything Etsy February 3, 2010 at 1:09 pm

I love, love, love the little balcony off the master bedroom! It’s a beautiful home. I like it better than the giant ones that seem like you would need a GPS to find your kids.

Thanks for another great post!

Kim
.-= Kim @ Everything Etsy´s last blog ..Oops! Button Problems – Get Your Fix! =-.

Rachel February 3, 2010 at 1:14 pm

Such a sweet house. I love it!! It’s a little to small for my crew though. I like how open to the outside it is. I crave outdoor space with trees and growing things.
.-= Rachel´s last blog ..Yeah Right =-.

devil February 3, 2010 at 1:24 pm

This is lovely except for the bathroom. It’s hideous and I’d redo it completely five minutes after moving in.

I like the kitchen…but PLEASE get rid of the stainless steel :) Small kitchens are easier to cook in, so I think it’s just the right size.

Lori-Anne February 3, 2010 at 1:28 pm

I don’t usually like celebrity homes, but this one has sure got my covetous juices going! Oh for $5 million extra dollars just kicking around!
.-= Lori-Anne´s last blog ..Pick a Card =-.

Stephanie February 3, 2010 at 1:30 pm

This house is absolutely lovely…i am love with the front door and the kitchen.
What a fantastic house!!
.-= Stephanie´s last blog ..Geezees Census, Who are you people? And a bit about me =-.

Lisa February 3, 2010 at 1:35 pm

I love all the weird details of the house. Would love to have that in my backyard. :)
.-= Lisa´s last blog ..Cute as a button =-.

christy February 3, 2010 at 1:53 pm

So cute! And that house is just gorgeous! But my it’s expensive! Fabulous post Julia!
.-= christy´s last blog ..Sleepyhead =-.

Jessica at Lavender and Lilies February 3, 2010 at 1:59 pm

That is definitely a hideaway. Gorgeous. I love the stone walls in the entryway.
.-= Jessica at Lavender and Lilies´s last blog ..Randomness & Kate =-.

Amanda @ Serenity Now February 3, 2010 at 2:48 pm

I love how it looks all tucked away. Neat balcony off the master suite too. I’d love to live down the street from Amy Adams. :)
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..Checklist… =-.

Lesley @ TheDesignFile February 3, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Wow. This is so stunning. I would definitely furnish the place just a little differently but the house itself is fantastic. I’ll take it!
.-= Lesley @ TheDesignFile´s last blog ..Etsy pick: Chic baby bedding to dress up a nursery =-.

susie February 3, 2010 at 3:04 pm

Halle’s house is adorable. It’s details are incredible. I checked out the house Amy Adams purchased. The inside is charming and has so many details. I would have never guessed it looked like that from the outside photo of the home.
.-= susie´s last blog ..Preppy Finds =-.

Kim February 3, 2010 at 3:30 pm

When I saw the front, I didn’t think the rest of the house was going to be all that nice, but I was wrong. It isn’t my style, but I like it. This house is really cozy and I could see myself curling up on the couch in the greatroom. I wouldn’t want to live here, but wouldn’t mind it being a vacation home.

Polly February 3, 2010 at 4:33 pm

Well I love it! It isn’t “just” my style, but I so appreciate homes that are tastefully done, no matter what style it is! I loved the front door and floors in the entry … and lots of other things too!

Thanks for picking this one to share Julia! :)
.-= Polly´s last blog ..Finishing the hem. =-.

Northerngirl February 3, 2010 at 4:33 pm

great house wow! doesn’t surprise me Halle has great taste :)

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints February 3, 2010 at 5:02 pm

SOLD! Now if I could only scrounge up 5 million dollars. It’s just so peaceful and sweet. I loved it. I think it fit my ideal of what her house would look like too.
.-= Becky @ Farmgirl Paints´s last blog ..Being on top:) =-.

Robin February 3, 2010 at 7:35 pm

This is so charming, I especially love the front door! I’m guessing with only 2 bedrooms it will be a hard sell though…
.-= Robin´s last blog ..One of these things is not like the other =-.

Annie@A View on Design February 3, 2010 at 7:57 pm

oh yes, beautiful people, beautiful home, oh hum, what a life for some!
.-= Annie@A View on Design´s last blog ..Large Luxury Home with views of Adelaide =-.

E. George February 3, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Hi Julia just when I thought it can’t get any better You Did It Again thats it I have to win the lottery and move in my dreams…. I love the stairway the kitchen the bathroom the everything (did I leave anything out?) Thank you Julia you made my day and I thought looking at the groundhog yesterday was fun anyway must go back to my daydreamin….. Regards Esther from Sydney…..

Melanie February 3, 2010 at 10:16 pm

Just a fun FYI….When Halle Berry married David Justice of the Atlanta Braves my uncle married them in David’s home. He said that she is more beautiful in person than on tv or pictures. I knew that they were getting married before everyone else did. I wonder if I could have sold that to the tabloids? I’m joking. I wouldn’t have done that. My uncle wasn’t suppose to tell anyone. That was a long time ago but still a fun story.
.-= Melanie´s last blog ..I’m swooning here =-.

janice February 4, 2010 at 5:29 am

I adore this. I’ve been offline for a bit – blogoverwhelm – but I just had to reach out and say thank you for finding and showing us this one. It reminds me of my godmother’s house on a lush green mountain in Greece; same courtyards, wood, terracotta, light and details – even a kitchen that’s small at one end but has a table at the end out of camera shot. We helped her build it, from the foundations to the stone walls in the yard. I don’t do envy, but my goodness if I won the lottery, it would be very tempting to buy a dream home like this. It’s good to be back, Julia; your blog is one of those that feels like home.
.-= janice´s last blog ..A Patchwork Post: Soup, Song and Hyacinths =-.

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish February 4, 2010 at 7:13 am

Love it! Tooo cozy! I love the master bedroom.
.-= Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish´s last blog ..Seeing Red … =-.

Candy @ SoBella Creations February 4, 2010 at 8:19 am

The house looks pretty big for only having 2 br. Beautiful house!
.-= Candy @ SoBella Creations´s last blog ..Wednesday’s Reading Corner =-.

Paula Grace February 4, 2010 at 6:04 pm

That is a sweet house. Small and quaint. That is a sweet picture. Love those baby chunky legs :)
Paula Grace ~
.-= Paula Grace´s last blog ..Thursday’s Room =-.

jodi from new jersey February 5, 2010 at 7:16 am

Halle Berry’s house is so gorgeous I could cry. What a dream! I love all the vines outside, like a fairytale cottage. She probably has a gardener………………. I’d love to wake up in that bedroom with the birds singing, swing open the window and see that view. Almost as pretty as New Jersey! Thanks for the fun, Julia and I love your new chest. Could your Mom adopt me?

Ivan W. Berry March 5, 2010 at 5:38 am

I had always been wondering if Halley Berry ever live in Canton, Ohio because I had family there long time ago, and also my father had lots of brothers which could had been her father.

Penny March 31, 2010 at 10:42 am

During an interview recently I heard Halley say that if she was not an actress she would be an Interior Designer. I wonder if she designed this home. I love it. Who says a house has to be a mega mansion to really enjoy it. I came from a family of 8 and we lived in a 1500 sq ft house with one bathroom. Somehow it worked. Times as certainly different now. In many ways I’m glad of that but I do miss the good old days at times.

Caterina April 7, 2010 at 8:36 am

bellissima!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jen August 26, 2010 at 8:34 am

Did anyone see a tv? becuase I did not see a tv…

Tiffany January 5, 2011 at 10:07 am

I LOVE this house! Exactly what I would want style wise. It looks a little incomplete as far as interior decor but the outside is gorgeous!

Shelly June 21, 2011 at 7:28 pm

LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS. WISH I COULD AFFORD IT!!!!

angela July 21, 2011 at 5:22 pm

This is by far my favorite celebrity house.

sex shops September 12, 2011 at 3:50 am

I must convey my affection for your kindness in support of men who really need help on your concern. Your special dedication to passing the solution all around came to be incredibly functional and have consistently encouraged regular people much like me to achieve their pursuits. Your important suggestions signifies a great deal to me and somewhat more to my peers. Thank you; from everyone of us.

{ 1 trackback }