Suzanne Somers’ Property in Palm Springs

suzanne-somers

Suzanne Somers and her husband Alan Hamel have been trying to sell their Palm Springs compound for over a year. They were originally asking an eye-popping $35 million, but it’s now down to $12.9. It’s located in a secluded canyon above downtown Palm Springs on over 65 acres. Any takers?

exterior

There are 7 different suites and houses connected by rock terraces and natural gardens, so it’s a pretty unusual property. The grounds are stunning.

master-suite

The master suite:

master-bedroom

According to Luxist:

The pair bought the land back in 1977, gradually enhancing the 65 acres with guest houses, an amphitheater, an updated pool and a renovated and expanded main house. Somers filled the home with a decor as exuberant as she is, French country touches keep company with velvet sofas, giant chandeliers and more than one zebra skin rug.

master-closet

dining-room-1

dining-room-2

Suzanne says the decor was inspired by the South of France. She spends a lot of time in the kitchen and is an accomplished cook, using organic fruits and vegetables from her own garden.

kitchen1

pink-suite-bedroom

powder-room

patio-seating

The outdoor ampitheater:

ampitheater

You can see the rest of the photos and get more information about the property at Les Baux De Palm Springs.

Julianne Moore's West Village Townhouse
Actress Julianne Moore, whose West Village townhouse was featured in the March 2006 issue of World of Interiors, just listed it for $12 million. The 6-bedroom house…
whoopi-goldberg-photo-black-and-white
Whoopi Goldberg, Oscar-winning actress and the moderator on the popular daytime chat show "The View," is selling her New York City loft. It's in the…

Comments

1. greenie says

HOLY SMOKES! I had no idea they had that kind of set-up. Absolutely beautiful! From 35M to around 12M??? OK…let’s see…..I can have this beauty on 65 acres in Cali for around 12M or the run-down shack in Texas on 4,300 acres, complete with dead deer heads for around 16M? mmmmm…. what to do, what to do….. huh, I’ll go with Suzanne Somer’s place. :-)
    Thanks for sharing this!

just found your blog the other day and i absolutely love it!! i love the series on celebrity homes and houses from movies, such a great idea!
    .-= tricia´s last blog ..more fall love… =-.

3. Nathan says

It’s much to traditional and show-ey for my taste. I do love the pop of colour in the dining room though. I don’t think it really fits, but whatever, haha.

4. Kellye says

Wow, I’m surprised that I really like the house. Who thought that Suzanne Somers would have such a cool place? This seems to me like an old-fashioned “Hollywood” house. I would kill for that dressing room!!

I never expected that style from her. It’s beautiful. Not sure if I could live with some of the furnishings but it’d be fun to add my touch. ha.
    Thanks for the tour.
    .-= duchess´s last blog ..Labor Day Weekend =-.

Very very nice. Love the colors. I could use a few less ruffled slip covers but other than that it is really striking. Paula Grace is a good friend of mine with a great blog and I’m glad she followed my lead at Hooked.

I didn’t expect the house to have as much charm as it did, it’s not over the top just well done French Country.
    .-= Marie Cole´s last blog ..Vegas Baby! =-.

8. Kimberlee J. says

Man, I wish someone would pay me to play a ditzy blonde so I could own a place like that. Sweet digs, with fabulous style. Susanne Somers is one SMART cookie.

If only I had an extra 12.5 million lying around, then it could be mine. I love the decor. French country is warm and charming, comfortable yet a little dressy and definitely my kind of style.
    .-= Susie´s last blog ..Laziness is….. =-.

I like Suzanne Somers. She seems like a nice person. Now to the point of your post ~ I LOVE her house! I could move right in here and be quite comfortable. I love all her chandeliers, too. Missed the Kathy Griffin episode {I used to watch all the time}. I would have liked to have seen that.

Wow, when I saw the first picture of hte outside I was like $12.5 million? Ya right! But the inside is gorgous! I love the kitchen and the outside views must be amazing. I’d love to eat outside at night and look at that!
    .-= Jen @ After The Alter´s last blog ..Our Loss: What I Have Learned =-.

I always crave to see how these people live. THAT is some kinda swank. I really do love Ms Somers, shes down to earth kinda gal, from what I gather.

Thanks for the tour! These homes make me feel soooo not worthy.
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..grocery getter… =-.

13. hookedonhouses says

Jackie–nah, I’m sure they let anyone in who wants a peek. Take lots of pics for us! -Julia 😉

14. Kathy :) says

I just love her ( can’t stand Kathy Griffin), saw her one time in person I had no idea she could sing…not so much my style but it suits her to a T….big drop in price HUH ??? OMG 65 acres….I wonder if she ever rebuilt her house in Malibu that burned to the ground ???

Great post Julia….I hope you had a nice Labor Day….:)

All the best,
    Kathy :)

Suzanne S is one one of my fave peeps, and K Griffin certainly is not BUT I will say SS has tremendous taste (or her decorator does). This place is stunning every where one turns. The dressing room…ooh la la and the kitchen with two Viking stoves and two dishwashers, a definite chef’s dream!

Great fun Julia!
    .-= Renae Moore´s last blog ..100th post =-.

I think you could twist my arm to live there.

My blog has just been growing like a crazy weed and I haven’t been able to get by for as many visits. I miss all my blog friends.
    Come for a visit and see both of my new parties for the week. They are up every week and I hope you will participate.

Cheri
    Its So Very Cheri

What a house!! I had no idea Chrissy…oops, Suzanne Sommers…has a blog. 😉 Will have to check that out. :) I LOVE the outdoor dining, and the kitchen is fab. Wanna go halvsies with me on this one?
    .-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..DIY: Flip Flop Basket =-.

Wow, this is one of the most beautiful homes I have seen.
    I love it!
    The scenery is magnificent as well.

19. Annie says

what a great home – I’d love to live there, it has so much character and style, I just love it!

20. Jodi from New Jersey says

Hi Julia. This is my dream house for when I become a movie star. Might as well dream in a GIGANTIC way!. I love all the chandeliers, fabrics, and that green in the dining room. Holy #$$&, it’s amazing, and don’t get me started on the gardens. Very enjoyable………………. Thanks so much. Dreams are fun!

21. merann says

this house reminds me of lord of the rings. its like a cross between a hobbits house and a elfs house, its such a beautiful fairy tale home. sighs, blink blink blink

22. kerry says

WOWZA!!!!!!! I love this home and the land. Classy, just like the Lady (and the Gentleman) that lives there! Quite a bit of living of life has gone on here. Alot of the shots in Ms. Somers diet books are from this house & grounds. Very beautiful location. not my best climate though, but I’d love to visit there…whenever it’s cool out… Thanks for sharing.

Oh, her home is so gorgeous and that kitchen! Oh,my goodness. Now as lovely as her house is, I just wanted to tell you – those green chairs and the green wall over to the left reminded me of those green moss balls! :) I know, I’m a silly!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia 😉
    .-= Shelia´s last blog ..Fall Cloche Party with Marty =-.

Gosh, I love it! I’m surprised- I was expecting an uber-shabby-chic thing or something, but this is really warm and lovely. French country style is awesome anyway and she did a beautiful job with it.
    .-= Bettsi´s last blog ..Goodwill Hunting =-.

25. Nita says

I thought this house for sale and already sold? I hope those are not real zebra skin rugs!

• hookedonhouses says

It may have sold by now. I wrote this post over a year ago. The listing is still online, though, so I’m not sure what the status is. -Julia

26. Tina says

Been looking at this property for 2 years now! Absolutley in love with the grand beauty and solitude of this home. The design and decor are incredibly thought out. Love the mix of rock walls, chandeliers, zebra rugs and apple green velvet draperies. Keep hoping to be able to buy this one day!

Wow, i love her decor. I love the green . Nice change for slipcovers. Ok so they oput the zebra rug in a bout every room. It looks good in all of them. That green just gets to me, i love it.
    .-= mishelle´s last blog ..Goodbye Latisse! =-.