Jennifer Connelly & Paul Bettany’s Limestone Townhouse in Brooklyn

by hookedonhouses on May 19, 2008

Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany townhouse Brooklyn

Celebrity couple Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany put their limestone townhouse on the market for $8.5 million. According to Sotheby’s International Realty, their Brooklyn, New York home has 9 bedrooms and 3.5 baths: “Here is an opportunity to own one of the all time great houses of New York built at the turn of the century. Located on a corner lot directly across from Prospect Park, sunlight fills the grandly proportioned rooms all day long through oversized windows.”

Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany Brownstone listing pics 4

Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany Brownstone listing pics 1

Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany Brownstone listing pics 2

Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany Brownstone listing pics 3

Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany Brownstone listing pics 6

Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany Brownstone listing pics 5

They’re reportedly moving to a more contemporary place in TriBeCa with views of the Hudson. (Thanks to Mrs. Limestone for sending me the listing!)

Jennifer Connelly,  Paul Bettany

Go to Celebrity Houses to see more, from Julia Child to Richard Gere.

thingsnotsaid May 19, 2008 at 8:21 am

OMG! The woodwork!!
I’d totally buy either place! The space and light in the loft is fantastic!

Nancy May 19, 2008 at 9:00 am

I never would have sold the limestone regardless of the wonderful view with the second. The woodwork and fireplaces were so beautiful in the limestone–just a personal preference, though. I like older/traditional homes over modern ones.
Also, regarding the celebrity gossip–yesterday on TMZ the photogs caught them coming and going from the same hotel. John was photographed leaving the next day with the same clothes on.

Nancy May 19, 2008 at 9:01 am

Sorry about leaving out that I was commenting about Jennifer Aniston and John Mayer.

Bonnie May 19, 2008 at 9:01 am

Did the couple meet on the set of A Beautiful Mind? Oh, never mind, I guess I’ll just discuss the houses if we’re supposed to stay on topic! The first house — I can’t decide which is more gorgeous, the floors or the ceilings! Lovely. The second one — how could you go from that to that?!?!?! Yes, the view is great, but the rooms are character-less boxes.

Mrs.Limestone May 19, 2008 at 9:38 am

I think all that wood can be very stifling. As much as I love the house..its too coffin like for me. And since its so gorgeous and historical significant, you can’t just paint over it. But their new digs are way too Sprokets style for me too.

I like old homes that have a little more of a modern clean look. So I’d take neither :)

Robin May 19, 2008 at 10:00 am

These two houses fit both my design aesthetivs, which I attribute to my Gemini personality. Both are gorgeous, but I think I would have a hard time giving up the first. Although I would hate to have to dust all that woodwork (I guess its a good thing they come with maid’s quarters upstairs). Maybe their London place is old and historic like this so they are looking to have the best of both worlds (which they kind of have already…sigh…).

PS – since yours is my new favorite blog: Tag, you are it, check out “New Bird On The Block No 13 Has Been Tagged” on my site.

atticmag May 19, 2008 at 10:02 am

WOW!
on the woodwork and
on the view
of course you know from my previous admission to being traditional at heart, the “Sprokets style” (thanks Mrs. Limestone) would never cut it for me :-)

Pat May 19, 2008 at 10:39 am

I don’t think I could give up the limestone, although the view is fabulous from their new home. I’d love to hear the stories that limestone could tell!

Pat

abbreviated May 19, 2008 at 11:00 am

Some of the furniture in the limestone seems a tad mod to me, especially in the bedroom.

kari & kijsa May 19, 2008 at 12:36 pm

Wow! the woodwork is unbelievable!! And the view!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Lisa May 19, 2008 at 12:39 pm

Beautiful home and very pretty woodwork.

Laura May 19, 2008 at 1:25 pm

I think the new space probably fits them better, if you look at their furnishes, many tend towards modern. The limestone is beautiful, but you can’t force yourself to be traditional and classic if that just isn’t you.

I really do like both spaces though. The speak to my duality of taste.

Elizabeth May 19, 2008 at 4:25 pm

I have seen that beautiful old mansion near the park and swooned over it. I had no idea who owned it. Isn’t it gorgeous!

Tori May 19, 2008 at 5:04 pm

(moment of silence for the detail of the first house)
Gasp! I love them both!

melissa lewis - off the wall May 19, 2008 at 8:33 pm

The wood work in the limestone is amazing!!!

JLB May 20, 2008 at 12:04 am

I could never sell that 1st house.

TraceyB May 20, 2008 at 7:24 am

Although I can appreciate the detail work on the limestone, it’s way to much wood for me. Too dark. The other home was too contemporary. I just wasn’t a huge fan of either. Julia–thanks! your blog has been helping me define my style. Since reading it and commenting I’ve been able to get a clearer vision of what I really like and don’t and have been applying it to my own home. After two years it’s about time I figured it out!

REAGAN May 20, 2008 at 10:38 am

That IS really nice :)

Sue May 20, 2008 at 5:20 pm

This is sooo me. If I had a few extra million to spare. Sorry but I can only scrap up 88 mil. *giggle*
I do NOT love the furnishings but them, I am not a modern gal I am afraid. : )

I too think they are a sweet couple. He was also amazing in Master and Commander with Russel Crowe.

This was a fun tour! And yes, the new place has amazing views…oh how I LOVE NYC!!!

Love,
Sue

Billy May 20, 2008 at 10:33 pm

but its in brooklyn

hookedonhouses May 21, 2008 at 6:25 am

Yeah, I added the word “Brooklyn” to the post title to make that more clear. The new one’s in TriBeCa. Limestone’s in Brooklyn. -Julia

mamacita May 22, 2008 at 1:37 am

I so like the one they are selling. The new one has a nice view, but the rooms look very cold to me. I like wide, open spaces, but my heavens, that 2nd one is just too darn big. The kitchen looks like some kind of workplace cafeteria. Not homey at all! :)

Melinda May 22, 2008 at 1:51 pm

Wow talk about architectural whiplash.

I do love the limestone ! So me!!! And Paul Bettany isn’t bad either!

ELIZABETH December 3, 2008 at 9:48 pm

I LOVE THE OLD ONE,BUT NOT THE MODERN ONE. I LOVE ALL THAT WOOD IT LOOKS SO GOTHIC

le April 11, 2009 at 8:41 pm

well this is my easter treat ! I am with you – I adore this home – it is an amazing find. Well now I must go back to work – my treat time has all been spent with you Julia – thanks ever so much le

le’s last blog post..Happiest of Easters to You and your Loved Ones

real estate firms brooklyn April 22, 2009 at 11:02 am

Beautiful places.

sherri/the claw May 24, 2010 at 8:35 pm

the first one is far superior to me anyways. but i would happily live in either.
.-= sherri/the claw´s last blog ..asheville wrap-up =-.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com July 11, 2010 at 12:33 pm

OMG
Alll that beautiful wood.
Fantastic!
.-= Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com´s last blog ..Contest- Superhero Needed =-.

{ 3 trackbacks }