Jennifer Connelly’s Turn-of-the-Century Townhouse

Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany townhouse Brooklyn

Celebrity couple Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany put their limestone townhouse on the market for $8.5 million.

Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany Brownstone listing pics 4

According to Sotheby’s International Realty, their Brooklyn, New York home has 9 bedrooms and 3.5 baths: “Here is an opportunity to own one of the all time great houses of New York built at the turn of the century. Located on a corner lot directly across from Prospect Park, sunlight fills the grandly proportioned rooms all day long through oversized windows.”

Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany Brownstone listing pics 1

Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany Brownstone listing pics 2

Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany Brownstone listing pics 3

Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany Brownstone listing pics 6

Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany Brownstone listing pics 5

They’re reportedly moving to a more contemporary place in TriBeCa with views of the Hudson.

Jennifer Connelly,  Paul Bettany

P.S. Visit Celebrity Houses to see more, including…

Richard Gere's House 26 Actors Colony Sag Harbor

Richard Gere’s House

Natalie Portman is selling her fairly modest seven-room Long Island home for $2.2 million. She has lived on Long Island since she was a child,…
Kenny-Rogers-Atlanta-Estate 2008
Country crooner Kenny Rogers is selling his 9,000 square-foot mansion in Atlanta, Georgia, for $7.95 million. Rogers told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "Every wall, every ceiling,…

Comments

1. thingsnotsaid says

OMG! The woodwork!!
    I’d totally buy either place! The space and light in the loft is fantastic!

2. Nancy says

I never would have sold the limestone regardless of the wonderful view with the second. The woodwork and fireplaces were so beautiful in the limestone–just a personal preference, though. I like older/traditional homes over modern ones.
    Also, regarding the celebrity gossip–yesterday on TMZ the photogs caught them coming and going from the same hotel. John was photographed leaving the next day with the same clothes on.

3. Nancy says

Sorry about leaving out that I was commenting about Jennifer Aniston and John Mayer.

Did the couple meet on the set of A Beautiful Mind? Oh, never mind, I guess I’ll just discuss the houses if we’re supposed to stay on topic! The first house — I can’t decide which is more gorgeous, the floors or the ceilings! Lovely. The second one — how could you go from that to that?!?!?! Yes, the view is great, but the rooms are character-less boxes.

I think all that wood can be very stifling. As much as I love the house..its too coffin like for me. And since its so gorgeous and historical significant, you can’t just paint over it. But their new digs are way too Sprokets style for me too.

I like old homes that have a little more of a modern clean look. So I’d take neither :)

These two houses fit both my design aesthetivs, which I attribute to my Gemini personality. Both are gorgeous, but I think I would have a hard time giving up the first. Although I would hate to have to dust all that woodwork (I guess its a good thing they come with maid’s quarters upstairs). Maybe their London place is old and historic like this so they are looking to have the best of both worlds (which they kind of have already…sigh…).

PS – since yours is my new favorite blog: Tag, you are it, check out “New Bird On The Block No 13 Has Been Tagged” on my site.

WOW!
    on the woodwork and
    on the view
    of course you know from my previous admission to being traditional at heart, the “Sprokets style” (thanks Mrs. Limestone) would never cut it for me :-)

I don’t think I could give up the limestone, although the view is fabulous from their new home. I’d love to hear the stories that limestone could tell!

Pat

9. Laura says

I think the new space probably fits them better, if you look at their furnishes, many tend towards modern. The limestone is beautiful, but you can’t force yourself to be traditional and classic if that just isn’t you.

I really do like both spaces though. The speak to my duality of taste.

I have seen that beautiful old mansion near the park and swooned over it. I had no idea who owned it. Isn’t it gorgeous!

11. Tori says

(moment of silence for the detail of the first house)
    Gasp! I love them both!

12. TraceyB says

Although I can appreciate the detail work on the limestone, it’s way to much wood for me. Too dark. The other home was too contemporary. I just wasn’t a huge fan of either. Julia–thanks! your blog has been helping me define my style. Since reading it and commenting I’ve been able to get a clearer vision of what I really like and don’t and have been applying it to my own home. After two years it’s about time I figured it out!

This is sooo me. If I had a few extra million to spare. Sorry but I can only scrap up 88 mil. *giggle*
    I do NOT love the furnishings but them, I am not a modern gal I am afraid. : )

I too think they are a sweet couple. He was also amazing in Master and Commander with Russel Crowe.

This was a fun tour! And yes, the new place has amazing views…oh how I LOVE NYC!!!

Love,
    Sue

Yeah, I added the word “Brooklyn” to the post title to make that more clear. The new one’s in TriBeCa. Limestone’s in Brooklyn. -Julia

I so like the one they are selling. The new one has a nice view, but the rooms look very cold to me. I like wide, open spaces, but my heavens, that 2nd one is just too darn big. The kitchen looks like some kind of workplace cafeteria. Not homey at all! :)

16. Melinda says

Wow talk about architectural whiplash.

I do love the limestone ! So me!!! And Paul Bettany isn’t bad either!