Natalie Portman’s $2.2 Million Long Island Home

Natalie Portman is selling her fairly modest seven-room Long Island home for $2.2 million. She has lived on Long Island since she was a child, and in this home for the past five years. Take a look!

Natalie Portman's house-Long Island

She also owns a condo in Manhattan with a view of the Hudson.

Listing photos via Radar.

P.S. Visit my Celebrity Houses page to see more!

Country Music Singer Kenny Chesney
Country music star Kenny Chesney purchased a Mediterranean-style compound in Malibu, California, for $7.4 million in February. And now, according to reports, he has already…
Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany townhouse Brooklyn
Celebrity couple Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany put their limestone townhouse on the market for $8.5 million. According to Sotheby's International Realty, their Brooklyn, New…

full of surprises, indeed. I like the fact that she lived in such a “humble” house (although there’s no excuse for that dining room chandelier…and of course, she’s now selling her humble abode) but that guy she’s with…oy…what to say? he’s probably a gem underneath all that hair. :-)

It’s not much to look at, is it? I like the pool though! I have a fondness for Long Island. I was born there…my “people” are from there. I love a good house post from LI!

3. TraceyB says

She obviously doesn’t have many dinner parties in that dining room.

Wow. This is actually a refreshing change from the look-at-me houses most of the stars have. Not my style, decorating-wise, but still so low-key and nothing like where I would have pictured Natalie Portman living. (I think you’re right, Julia; it doesn’t look like she spends much time here.) The pool area is fantastic. It’ll be interesting to see what she trades this house in for — probably something not so humble. Or something much hairier, as she seems to be into hair.

5. Tori says

In my opinion: she either A) has horrible decorating taste–not my first thought though. B) got rid of tons of stuff in her house in order to sell it–not very likely. Or C) Is like most famous people and is too busy to spend time making her house a home.

About the whole boyfriend thing, I thought hey I know a lot of people who are completely different form their appearance. (Maybe he is just holding her bag for her) But who knows, its a Hollywood relationship, what do we truly expect to happen.

6. JLB says

I thought her house was cute. I doesn’t look like she ever finished decorating it though. The whole decor Is note quite “done”. I agree with Julia she probably doesn’t spend much time there. As fer her boyfriend.. she must have grown fond of the Chubacka character during her ‘star wars” days.

Okay, so I am one that will join with JLB and say I think the house is cute..unfinished and inder decorated but cute with lass amounts of potential. Great pool area. Love the dining room window seat but the chandy? Not so much. It all just needs….needs…something. You know?
    The boyfriend? Hmm…maybe he has a heart of gold? Maybe if Natalie gets her asking price for the little house she can afford to get her sweetie a trim. PLEASE Natalie. Just a trim! That a a new pair of sun glasses.

Loved this, as I do all your posts!

8. Arlene says

The house has great bones, but needs TLC. I wonder if she ever actually “lived” there. If not, it would seem that she is shedding excess baggage by selling it. Good choice, Natalie.

9. Ali says

The house is nice – much better on the inside than the front view would have you think.

What I’m most surprised about is that none of Julia’s loyal readers pointed out that Nat and Dev are practically identical – same jacket, hair, wonky glasses. Gives new meaning to “attack of the clones.”

Over 2 mill for that place. Location, location. I had a training center in Connecticut across the bay from Long Island and stayed in a house with a living room as big as this house. It must be worth zillions. It too was decorated in Old Rich with very, very understated rugs and furniture. The owner had just bought a farm in Hawaii for 50 Million so he had the resources to do whatever he wanted. There is no accounting for taste.

11. Amy says

I really love this house. The chandelier and kitchen cabinets excluded :) I love the bathroom- I just wish that the walls had more color. It’s very simple and cottage-y with a gorgeous view of a lake. I might even spend my pretend 2 mil on it.

12. Carla Lindstrom says

I live near this house and often walk by on my walks and had heard she lived there. The outside picture of the house doesn’t do it justice, but it was fun to see the inside. This was a house that the former owner renovated and I was curious to see what the inside looked like. Thanks for the chance!

13. shahbeen says

love the view,……………..thats about it,……….looks like a house rather than a home,…seems like someone just shifted there n left their bags in the middle of the room….lolzz……hate it,…absolutely horrible…..,
    although it has alotta potential,…..hope someone realises that and does it some justice……….!

There is no way that I can imagine Natalie has ever spent one night in that house. Her boyfriend though, Devendra Banhart, is a wildly talented musician and adorable too! I think that they make a dreamy couple.
    .-= Scott Fazzini´s last blog ..Style Inspiration: Spring 2010 =-.

15. merann says

natalie portman is so pretty, she should be young forever!!

16. Justine says

I can absolutely picture her in this house. No matter how glamorous she can seem, she also seems really down to earth to me.