Natalie Portman’s $2.2 Million Long Island Home

by hookedonhouses on April 30, 2008

Star Wars princess Natalie Portman is selling her fairly modest seven-room Long Island home for $2.2 million. She has lived on Long Island since she was a child, and in this home for the past five years. Take a look!

Natalie Portman's house-Long Island

She also owns a condo in Manhattan with a view of the Hudson.

Listing photos via Radar.

Visit my Celebrity Houses page to see more!

Courtney @ nestinginstincts April 30, 2008 at 11:29 pm

full of surprises, indeed. I like the fact that she lived in such a “humble” house (although there’s no excuse for that dining room chandelier…and of course, she’s now selling her humble abode) but that guy she’s with…oy…what to say? he’s probably a gem underneath all that hair. :-)

Marie May 1, 2008 at 7:45 am

It’s not much to look at, is it? I like the pool though! I have a fondness for Long Island. I was born there…my “people” are from there. I love a good house post from LI!

TraceyB May 1, 2008 at 8:20 am

She obviously doesn’t have many dinner parties in that dining room.

Amateur Tightwad May 1, 2008 at 8:30 am

Wow. This is actually a refreshing change from the look-at-me houses most of the stars have. Not my style, decorating-wise, but still so low-key and nothing like where I would have pictured Natalie Portman living. (I think you’re right, Julia; it doesn’t look like she spends much time here.) The pool area is fantastic. It’ll be interesting to see what she trades this house in for — probably something not so humble. Or something much hairier, as she seems to be into hair.

Liz May 1, 2008 at 9:37 am

Delete this at will, J, but when I saw the photos of the house and the photo of the boyfriend, I was reminded of a photo of Natalie posted on What Would Tyler Durden Do? last week:

I think the dog would have a similar opinion of the chandelier/bf, no?

I apologize for going blue on your beautiful blog.

abbreviated May 1, 2008 at 11:32 am

He’s carrying a floral tote….???

Tori May 1, 2008 at 11:42 am

In my opinion: she either A) has horrible decorating taste–not my first thought though. B) got rid of tons of stuff in her house in order to sell it–not very likely. Or C) Is like most famous people and is too busy to spend time making her house a home.

About the whole boyfriend thing, I thought hey I know a lot of people who are completely different form their appearance. (Maybe he is just holding her bag for her) But who knows, its a Hollywood relationship, what do we truly expect to happen.

JLB May 1, 2008 at 11:51 am

I thought her house was cute. I doesn’t look like she ever finished decorating it though. The whole decor Is note quite “done”. I agree with Julia she probably doesn’t spend much time there. As fer her boyfriend.. she must have grown fond of the Chubacka character during her ‘star wars” days.

Sue May 1, 2008 at 2:31 pm

Okay, so I am one that will join with JLB and say I think the house is cute..unfinished and inder decorated but cute with lass amounts of potential. Great pool area. Love the dining room window seat but the chandy? Not so much. It all just needs….needs…something. You know?
The boyfriend? Hmm…maybe he has a heart of gold? Maybe if Natalie gets her asking price for the little house she can afford to get her sweetie a trim. PLEASE Natalie. Just a trim! That a a new pair of sun glasses.

Loved this, as I do all your posts!

Hugs,
Sue

Arlene May 1, 2008 at 4:44 pm

The house has great bones, but needs TLC. I wonder if she ever actually “lived” there. If not, it would seem that she is shedding excess baggage by selling it. Good choice, Natalie.

Ali May 1, 2008 at 10:06 pm

The house is nice – much better on the inside than the front view would have you think.

What I’m most surprised about is that none of Julia’s loyal readers pointed out that Nat and Dev are practically identical – same jacket, hair, wonky glasses. Gives new meaning to “attack of the clones.”

;o)

Class of 56 May 1, 2008 at 10:35 pm

Over 2 mill for that place. Location, location. I had a training center in Connecticut across the bay from Long Island and stayed in a house with a living room as big as this house. It must be worth zillions. It too was decorated in Old Rich with very, very understated rugs and furniture. The owner had just bought a farm in Hawaii for 50 Million so he had the resources to do whatever he wanted. There is no accounting for taste.

janet May 2, 2008 at 8:14 am

They say that youth is wasted on the young and they are *so* right.

Janet

Amy May 2, 2008 at 9:13 pm

I really love this house. The chandelier and kitchen cabinets excluded :) I love the bathroom- I just wish that the walls had more color. It’s very simple and cottage-y with a gorgeous view of a lake. I might even spend my pretend 2 mil on it.

Carla Lindstrom August 12, 2008 at 9:47 pm

I live near this house and often walk by on my walks and had heard she lived there. The outside picture of the house doesn’t do it justice, but it was fun to see the inside. This was a house that the former owner renovated and I was curious to see what the inside looked like. Thanks for the chance!

shahbeen September 10, 2008 at 2:50 pm

love the view,……………..thats about it,……….looks like a house rather than a home,…seems like someone just shifted there n left their bags in the middle of the room….lolzz……hate it,…absolutely horrible…..,
although it has alotta potential,…..hope someone realises that and does it some justice……….!

Scott Fazzini February 7, 2010 at 11:15 am

There is no way that I can imagine Natalie has ever spent one night in that house. Her boyfriend though, Devendra Banhart, is a wildly talented musician and adorable too! I think that they make a dreamy couple.
.-= Scott Fazzini´s last blog ..Style Inspiration: Spring 2010 =-.

merann June 10, 2010 at 6:38 am

natalie portman is so pretty, she should be young forever!!

Justine August 9, 2011 at 5:24 am

I can absolutely picture her in this house. No matter how glamorous she can seem, she also seems really down to earth to me.

Brenda Aide August 16, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Hideous! Horrible! It looks generic.

{ 2 trackbacks }