Mary J. Blige’s $12.3 Million Mansion in New Jersey

Mary J Blige

Eight-time Grammy-winner Mary J. Blige just bought a new place in Saddle River, New Jersey. This 4.2-acre home was on the market for $17 million, but the hip-hop artist got it for a bargain when she bought it earlier this month for $12.3. In cash. A source close to Blige told the NY Daily News, “She fell in love with this one,” after looking at several houses in the area.

Mary J Blige mansion

The 18,250 square-foot stone and stucco country French manor has 8 bedrooms and 8 baths, billiard room, indoor basketball court, wine tasting room, pool, elevator, spiral staircase, and something called a “learning room.” (What do you suppose that is? A creative way of saying “library”? Or a homeschooling room, maybe?)

Some of Blige’s neighbors include other hip-hop artists like Wyclef Jean and Ja Rule.

Mary J Blige house listing photos New Jersey

The New York Daily News has the full story.

Visit my Celebrity Houses page to see more, from Billy Joel’s Townhouse to Halle Berry’s Hideaway.

LopezCover
The new People magazine issue is on newsstands now, featuring Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony's twins Max and Emme. You've got to check it out,…
Reese Witherspoon has a new $6.9 million country house in Ojai, California. According to the MLS listing, it's a Wallace Neff architectural masterpiece that includes…

Comments

i agree – it’s too fancy pants for me. i much prefer mjf’s – looks much more like a home.

I like the look of this house, I like the fact that it is actually lived in. The kitchen is much nicer. I like the deep dark colors. White gets dirty to quickly. MJF’s looked like a house for sale. I can’t get a feeling from an empty house. Sorry.

3. hookedonhouses says

Lynn–the MLS listing mentioned that there was a fireplace in the kitchen, too. I was disappointed that they didn’t have a picture of it!

4. Amy says

It’s not my style but it’s beautiful. I, too, like MJF’s better but I’ve always loved that style of home.

5. Kathy :) says

Hi,

So pretty, such a WOW factor huh ?? I still like the Michael J. Fox house best !!!

Have a great Sunday,
    Kathy :)

6. Hairy Weisenheimmer says

I could never live in a house like this. I’m always losing small objects. Can you imagine trying to find your car keys? It’d be like ” Which wing were you in when you last saw them? “

7. Tori says

That looks more like a ‘don’t touch any thing kids’ kind of
    house. You know the house were you spill a glass of
    water and your out!

8. Kida says

not only are you beautiful you have a beautiful house to go with you!! for somwone that been through the fire and back again you came a long way!! it’s to see you with a smile!!!!! keep smiling babygurl!!

9. Danielle says

Wow this is really nice. Actually i like everything about it. Nice kitchen!

10. Playboy says

The house is nice in theory but in all practicality it is too can’t walk on the floor for me. Where would I put my harem?

11. ocshajones says

oh s*** this house is hot as hell beauitful man i wish i was living in that house with them cause they do got extra bed roomsLMAO!!!!!!!love you mary

12. Carlos Rhodes says

Hi Mary i’m Lovin Your House and i Love Every Last One of Your Cd’s To

$12 million for a house. I can’t even imagine something like that. It sure looks beautiful from some of the photo samples, though.

WHY DO YOU HAVE SUCH A HUGH HOUSE? OPRAH YOU’RE NOT. APPEARANCES IS EVERYTHING TO SOME PEOPLE. I THINK IT’S IN SUCH POOR TASTE TO BUY SOMETHING THAT GAUDY IN THE TIMES WE LIVE IN WITH EVERYBODY LOSING THEIR HOMES AND TRYING TO GET BY. SHAME ON YOU

15. δονητές says

One thing I have actually noticed is that there are plenty of myths regarding the banking companies intentions whenever talking about foreclosure. One fantasy in particular would be the fact the bank desires your house. The lending company wants your cash, not your home. They want the cash they gave you with interest. Preventing the bank will still only draw the foreclosed conclusion. Thanks for your post.