Mary J. Blige’s $12.3 Million Mansion in New Jersey

by hookedonhouses on April 5, 2008

Mary J Blige

Eight-time Grammy-winner Mary J. Blige just bought a new place in Saddle River, New Jersey. This 4.2-acre home was on the market for $17 million, but the hip-hop artist got it for a bargain when she bought it earlier this month for $12.3. In cash. A source close to Blige told the NY Daily News, “She fell in love with this one,” after looking at several houses in the area.

Mary J Blige mansion

The 18,250 square-foot stone and stucco country French manor has 8 bedrooms and 8 baths, billiard room, indoor basketball court, wine tasting room, pool, elevator, spiral staircase, and something called a “learning room.” (What do you suppose that is? A creative way of saying “library”? Or a homeschooling room, maybe?)

Some of Blige’s neighbors include other hip-hop artists like Wyclef Jean and Ja Rule.

Mary J Blige house listing photos New Jersey

The New York Daily News has the full story. Click here to see aerial view on Virtual Globetrotting. Photo of Mary J. Blige via Rolling Stone. More information via Real Estalker.

Visit my Celebrity Houses page to see more, from Billy Joel’s Townhouse to Halle Berry’s Hideaway.

maya April 5, 2008 at 10:23 am

i agree – it’s too fancy pants for me. i much prefer mjf’s – looks much more like a home.

Lathan July 18, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Its beautiful but its too like fancy for me , but i would live in it <3

Lynn April 5, 2008 at 2:41 pm

I like the look of this house, I like the fact that it is actually lived in. The kitchen is much nicer. I like the deep dark colors. White gets dirty to quickly. MJF’s looked like a house for sale. I can’t get a feeling from an empty house. Sorry.

hookedonhouses April 5, 2008 at 2:48 pm

Lynn–the MLS listing mentioned that there was a fireplace in the kitchen, too. I was disappointed that they didn’t have a picture of it!

Amy April 5, 2008 at 5:47 pm

It’s not my style but it’s beautiful. I, too, like MJF’s better but I’ve always loved that style of home.

Kathy :) April 6, 2008 at 9:37 am

Hi,

So pretty, such a WOW factor huh ?? I still like the Michael J. Fox house best !!!

Have a great Sunday,
Kathy :)

Hairy Weisenheimmer April 6, 2008 at 3:38 pm

I could never live in a house like this. I’m always losing small objects. Can you imagine trying to find your car keys? It’d be like ” Which wing were you in when you last saw them? “

Tori April 8, 2008 at 4:26 pm

That looks more like a ‘don’t touch any thing kids’ kind of
house. You know the house were you spill a glass of
water and your out!

Kida May 7, 2008 at 12:36 pm

not only are you beautiful you have a beautiful house to go with you!! for somwone that been through the fire and back again you came a long way!! it’s to see you with a smile!!!!! keep smiling babygurl!!

Danielle May 13, 2008 at 2:14 am

Wow this is really nice. Actually i like everything about it. Nice kitchen!

Playboy May 20, 2008 at 12:18 pm

The house is nice in theory but in all practicality it is too can’t walk on the floor for me. Where would I put my harem?

ocshajones June 29, 2008 at 11:04 pm

oh s*** this house is hot as hell beauitful man i wish i was living in that house with them cause they do got extra bed roomsLMAO!!!!!!!love you mary

Carlos Rhodes July 23, 2008 at 1:55 am

Hi Mary i’m Lovin Your House and i Love Every Last One of Your Cd’s To

Gina February 8, 2009 at 10:17 pm

$12 million for a house. I can’t even imagine something like that. It sure looks beautiful from some of the photo samples, though.

Angel H. December 10, 2009 at 11:59 am

Mary’s kitchen is the only thing I like.

Don’t give her too much credit for this house, like they do for her singing.
.-= Angel H.´s last blog ..Decorating My House for the Holidays =-.

ELIZABETH June 30, 2010 at 9:58 pm

WHY DO YOU HAVE SUCH A HUGH HOUSE? OPRAH YOU’RE NOT. APPEARANCES IS EVERYTHING TO SOME PEOPLE. I THINK IT’S IN SUCH POOR TASTE TO BUY SOMETHING THAT GAUDY IN THE TIMES WE LIVE IN WITH EVERYBODY LOSING THEIR HOMES AND TRYING TO GET BY. SHAME ON YOU

ELIZABETH June 30, 2010 at 9:59 pm

I HAVE NEVER HEARD YOU SING A NOTE. NOW I NEVER WANT TO.

δονητές September 12, 2011 at 6:08 am

One thing I have actually noticed is that there are plenty of myths regarding the banking companies intentions whenever talking about foreclosure. One fantasy in particular would be the fact the bank desires your house. The lending company wants your cash, not your home. They want the cash they gave you with interest. Preventing the bank will still only draw the foreclosed conclusion. Thanks for your post.

computer repair jacksonville September 12, 2011 at 10:55 pm

Thanks for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic.