Eddie Murphy’s $20 Million Estate in California

Eddie Murphy's mansion

When I ran across this picture on TMZ.com, I assumed it was some sort of fabulous luxury resort. But no–it’s a single-family home built for Eddie Murphy for $20 million.

If you had a house this big, what would you fill it with? Any ideas? I imagine all of his exes could still be living there and he wouldn’t even know it.

Conan O'Brien just bought this $10.7 million estate in Brentwood, California. He's getting ready to make the move from NYC to California because he's taking…
-Vera Wang's historic oceanfront villa is on the market in Palm Beach for $19 million. The mansion was designed in 1923 by famed society architect…

Comments

I can’t imagine living in a house this big. I’m trying, but I just can’t.

2. hookedonhouses says

Me either, Maya. I tend to be sort of a minimalist, so all of my belongings would fit in one corner of that massive place and the rest would be empty!

3. Jill says

“I imagine all of his exes could still be living there and he wouldn’t even know it.”

Too funny, and probably true!

I cannot imagine living in a house like that. I wouldn’t want to, truthfully.

“I’m tempted to ask whether this place is large enough to hold his ego, but that would be mean.”

Sorry, couldn’t let this one slip by. The answer is definitely…NO. But then, you already knew that, right? LOL!

4. Melinda Jenkins Jones says

Ok get out of my head ,I was actually thinking that !

And yes, the house is too big , even for me.

5. Amanda says

I think you guys have lost your minds! I would LOVE to live in this fabuluos house! If I could afford to live in this house, you know I have every room decorated to the nines!!! But my question is, why in the world does he need a house this big? If I had it I would stash each of my 3 kids in separate wings & finally get some peace and quiet!

6. kiki says

must be a lonely man no wife, girlfriend or anyone to share all that with so sad… I’m not impressed

7. AABBCC says

I have actually been in this house and it is over 30,000 sq ft and the designer said that the total cost including furniture and art was about $50 Million.

Just give me one day in that house…………….. ima go crazy that house is like a dream I been waiting for. I lov the stuff out off the house if I had that house I wouldnt leave that house for nothing. I’ll give up my life for that house lol

9. itsdaveman says

hi yeah id like to stay there to like a 3 day weekend just running around the place .pool golfcart and 6pack.it looks like eddie wanted a resort/hotel feel wow do i a person need that many much staff. i would not like that many people around me all the time.