Eddie Murphy’s $20 Million Estate in California

by hookedonhouses on February 1, 2008

murphymansion.jpe

When I ran across this picture on TMZ.com, I assumed it was some sort of fabulous luxury resort. But no–it’s a single-family home built for Eddie Murphy for $20 million.

eddiemurphy.jpe

If you had a house this big, what would you fill it with? Any ideas? I imagine all of his exes could still be living there and he wouldn’t even know it.

maya February 2, 2008 at 8:35 am

I can’t imagine living in a house this big. I’m trying, but I just can’t.

hookedonhouses February 2, 2008 at 9:19 am

Me either, Maya. I tend to be sort of a minimalist, so all of my belongings would fit in one corner of that massive place and the rest would be empty!

Jill February 2, 2008 at 1:12 pm

“I imagine all of his exes could still be living there and he wouldn’t even know it.”

Too funny, and probably true!

I cannot imagine living in a house like that. I wouldn’t want to, truthfully.

“I’m tempted to ask whether this place is large enough to hold his ego, but that would be mean.”

Sorry, couldn’t let this one slip by. The answer is definitely…NO. But then, you already knew that, right? LOL!

Melinda Jenkins Jones February 2, 2008 at 5:30 pm

Ok get out of my head ,I was actually thinking that !

And yes, the house is too big , even for me.

Amanda February 4, 2008 at 5:43 pm

I think you guys have lost your minds! I would LOVE to live in this fabuluos house! If I could afford to live in this house, you know I have every room decorated to the nines!!! But my question is, why in the world does he need a house this big? If I had it I would stash each of my 3 kids in separate wings & finally get some peace and quiet!

kiki February 7, 2008 at 5:09 pm

must be a lonely man no wife, girlfriend or anyone to share all that with so sad… I’m not impressed

Melody from ~Pennies In My Pocket~ February 11, 2008 at 3:29 pm

Even if I had his money, I wouldn’t have a house that big….unless I was going to house 350 people. Just crazy! But I agree, he may ‘need’ a house that big to store his ego.

~melody~

AABBCC January 6, 2009 at 5:45 pm

I have actually been in this house and it is over 30,000 sq ft and the designer said that the total cost including furniture and art was about $50 Million.

Trev Mitchell January 25, 2009 at 5:01 am

Correct info. First of all E.M. house isnt as big or grand as many others in the area. Many residents built there homes on a limited amount of lots, lots were going for 5 million a few years ago. Any house built must be approved by the associations codes and rules. Start adding (five million for the ground)+ archatects design plans,srtuctural enigenering contractors ,foundation contractors,structural contractors and the army of sub contractors, plumers,brick layers,electricians, framers. cost of materials,labor cost needed to build the house along with its standard guest house etc. this is only the first stage dont forget the Home theater the bowling alley game center, gym, swiming pool tennis courts, the generators and mainfraims required to sustain the high tech computor systems fully intergrated to provide system care, the security system.etc etc..Now add interior design, electronics furnishings. are you still adding? add the cost to maintain the house and grounds.The head house keeper supervises two or three full time house cleaners.also required is a full time maintance man to supervise the grounds keepers and general operations of the estate . The chief or cook, who runs the ketchen A security person and or a driver.. OK..OK big bucks to live in Bev park. Eddies house isnt as big or as costly as many homes in the area. Some of the residence are airline presidents, movie studio exuctives,magazine owners,investment bankers, insurance co owners,resturant owners, import export traders,pro ball players(Barry Bonds) entertainers Eddie Murphy, Densel Washington, Martin Laurance, Sly Stalone, Rod Stwart and some others im sure. The Bev park home owners assiation is so strong that they will stop a sale of an existing home or sale of a lot to build. If they dont want you the person that was denied residence was Suge Night (Death Row records) owner. Just because you got money dosnt mean you can live in Beverly Park.. From one who knows..

really February 17, 2009 at 2:09 pm

seriously, out of 9 responses 2 people have been in this house and 1 person claims to have insider knowledge about the association? Hey Trev, are you Eddie himself or just one of the neighbors? I’ve been in the house too. nerds

taylor webber November 9, 2009 at 9:20 pm

OMG ………… i want it im only 14 but im in love with your house !!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly Baker December 2, 2009 at 9:22 am

Just give me one day in that house…………….. ima go crazy that house is like a dream I been waiting for. I lov the stuff out off the house if I had that house I wouldnt leave that house for nothing. I’ll give up my life for that house lol

Understanding January 3, 2010 at 10:03 am

Untill you’ve walked in a person’s shoes you are only looking through the worlds that exist for you

should you have all that he has, and speaking of his ego, It could be that it took that to get what he has achieved

Stop being so negative about another’s decision just because the poor masses think alike. Be daring to be different

Antonia January 7, 2010 at 2:02 pm

I think the house is lovely, and Im glad that African American are finally getting our fair share and if he have the money he should be able to buy whatever his heart desires he worked hard for it no ones complaining about britney spears so let him have his time in the sun to shine like our beautiful president Obama free at last free at last thank God all mighty that we are free at last freaking haters……………… Oh and by the way I love his big ego…….

itsdaveman October 4, 2010 at 9:49 pm

hi yeah id like to stay there to like a 3 day weekend just running around the place .pool golfcart and 6pack.it looks like eddie wanted a resort/hotel feel wow do i a person need that many much staff. i would not like that many people around me all the time.

Cooper Park kid January 4, 2011 at 12:20 am

Haters are so sick and rotten to the bone! Even a poor, low class, middle class person want the best they can get! Why do haters believe they have the right to spend somebody’s paycheck rich or low class! If I earned the type of money he worked for, I too would live the best I could! It’s none of our business but Mr. Eddie Murphy has many children and will soon have many grandchildren. Mr Murphy has relatives, family, houseguest and friends and when he goes home his surroundings should be as great as he can afford! Some people of different races should take care of their own damn business or talk about Donald Trump! Oh, I suppose that’s different! Yeah right! Mr. Eddie keep doing you and buy as many homes as your accountant helps you with! From a Cooper Park Houses kid from 1953! God bless your grandmother and aunt from my hood in Brooklyn