This week’s Fantasy Open House tour was so much fun! Thanks to all of you who so gamely participated in it. I think I’ll pick another town for us to tour again soon.
Here’s how things are looking in the polls at the moment:
- Rookwood house: the majority is undecided and wants to “Sleep on it.”
- Edwards house: the majority says “Walk away!”
- Observatory house: the majority says “Walk away!”
My, aren’t we picky with our pretend money? Clearly, we haven’t found anything we really want to spend it on yet. This is bad news for the homeowners who are hoping to get real money from someone. If you haven’t voted on all of these houses yet, don’t worry. The polls will remain active until the end of the month, and I’ll announce the final tallies then.
To thank you for playing along, I’m giving you a bonus Open House today. No voting necessary for this one, but feel free to leave your thoughts about it in the comments. I’m working day and night on a writing project right now, slaving away at the computer for long stretches at a time, and I love it when your comments “ping” into my inbox. So take pity on me and continue sending them!
This Tudor estate is in the same Hyde Park neighborhood as the others we looked at and is selling for $2.35 million. I had to show it to you if for no other reason than the “hammock room” (I think the MLS listing actually calls it a solarium).
Click “more” below to look inside this historic Tudor estate:
The expansive kitchen:
And finally, ta-da!–the Hammock Room Solarium:
According to the MLS listing:
Exceptional Tudor Estate on Private 1.2 acres. 4blks from Hyde Park square. Over $1m of ’05-’06 renovations & additons. 5 BR, 5+2 BA, LR, DR, FR, Solarium, Study, Media Rm, Wine Cellar/Tasting rm, Huge Kitchen, 3FPs, 2 Fountains, 3car gar. Oh My!
What do you think? Would you like to have a room for your hammocks?
If you’re hooked on house tours:
- Open House #1: Rookwood Drive
- Open House #2: Edwards Road
- Open House #3: Observatory Drive
- HGTV Green Home ‘08
- The Purple Angel House
- The Spite House in Virginia (only 7 feet wide!).
- Cobble Court, a manor in Ohio built to look like a French-Norman estate.
- Stokesay Court, the estate used in the Keira Knightley film “Atonement.”
- Coco Chanel’s elegant Parisian apartment at 31 Rue Cambon.
- 1908 Mansion for sale in Compton Heights area of St. Louis