A Classic 1700s Farmhouse For Sale in the Hamptons

Farmhouse from the early 1700s in the Hamptons | hookedonhouses.netThis lovely old home from the early 1700s sits on nearly an acre in the Hamptons, framed by a white picket fence. The listing describes it as a “stunning vintage 3,500+ square-foot farmhouse in bucolic Sagaponack South.”

700 Hedges Sagaponack living rm

The property is listed at $6.5 million. It’s in one of the most expensive zip codes in the U.S.

700 Hedges Sagaponack dining room fireplace

The kitchen was “recently updated.”

700 Hedges Sagaponack kitchen

It reminds me of the country kitchen in Renee Zellweger’s 1770s farmhouse in Connecticut (but hers doesn’t have the beamed ceilings).

700 Hedges Sagaponack kitchen eating area

The house has 5 bedrooms and 5.5 baths.

700 Hedges Sagaponack bedroom fireplace

700 Hedges Sagaponack bedroom beamed ceilings

700 Hedges Sagaponack sitting room

This might be my favorite room of all–the enclosed porch. This is where you’d find me on sunny days:

700 Hedges Sagaponack enclosed porch

The grounds are charming, too, with a pool house…

700 Hedges Sagaponack pool house

…and heated gunite pool:

700 Hedges Sagaponack pool house and pool

There’s even a little “tea house:”

tea house and garden

tea house

It’s on the market for $6.5 million. Check the listing for more photos and information.

inside the tea house

P.S. Click here to see more houses for sale, including…

Bainbridge-Island-Hamptons-style-home

A Shingled House in Washington

Comments

The house is so very charming, but throw in the pool house, the pool, AND the tea house and you’ve got me! Idyllic!

Hola

This looks a lot like the Hamptons house where Mary Emmerling lived (circa 80’s?) I have all her books + went to a book signing once. I’m a fan! I heard she’s a co-owner of a new store in Santa Fe (I think?), but I can’t find anything about it. Well, maybe I’ll go look inside the book with those Hamptons house photos. Maybe I’ll blog about her! Love yours!

Sincerely,
    K A Y
    RedBird Vintage Home

• grapevine93 says

you may be right on that house. I enjoyed Ms. Emerling & still often use her cookbook-have wondered where she disappeared to?

3. ShabbyChick says

Wow, the Hamptons are definitely a bucket list destination! I love shingle houses. Really, that sunroom is to die for! Mmmmm….so much goodness right there! 😉

4. Christna from Dalas says

One (or more who knows?) great designer plus 6 million dollars equals one beautiful house! Those Hampton people have spectacular taste!

• Christina from Dallas says

Oops! I was typing so fast I typed my name and city wrong. See, I’m just not cut out for the Hamptons.

“Bucolic” is often overdone, but this property is the very definition of the word!

Shingle style homes are my absolute favorite. Even when large they seem to exude a welcoming tone. This one is simply lovely in every way.

7. Teresa says

Beautiful….a real classic and timeless Hamptons home. I noticed that the home is listed by Corcoran Real Estate. I am guessing that is the same company started by real estate guru Barbara Corcoran? While I enjoy seeing her profile different homes from around the US on NBC’s “TODAY” show, I am often put off by her commentary from time to time when she critiques the sellers choice of paint colors, furniture, fixtures, etc. Yeah, I know she has a “tell it like it is approach” to things but I feel it just distracts from the home she is profiling.

• says

That’s right, Barbara Corcoran started the real estate company. I believe she sold it a few years ago, though, and is no longer running it.

8. Jane says

Boy oh Boy! This is my dream house. I’d be happy to live in just the tea house. Thanks for showing it to us, Julia!

9. Brandy says

Oh oh oh! This place is amazing–I don’t think I’d change a thing. I think I’d even try to buy the furnishings…you know, if I had that kind of money.

What a charming home! I am with you on loving that enclosed porch. It is perfect! And having that pool doesn’t hurt one bit either.
    Thanks for sharing another lovely house!

what a stunner! although the ceiling and doorways look a little low for my very tall husband.

12. Sandra says

Absolutly love the home. We have a large screened porch on the back of our home overlooking 2 acres and our pond. It is what cinched the deal for us on buying our home. (And yes I spend as much time out there as I can enjoying my shabby chic/junktique decor! )

13. Kim says

What a charming home! I could definitely see myself living here.

14. MsCordelia says

Love it, just beautiful. I’ve been decorating my home in a similar “Hamptons” style. Wouldn’t the little “tea” house be a nice escape when you want to have some girly gossip and don’t want anyone eavesdropping?

Wow! I don’t know if I’d shell out $6.5 million for this baby…but she’s pretty! I still love a nice traditional home…but for that price tag, I think it could use some updating…just sayin’…

16. Kitty says

I love the home, but I’m not a fan of the furnishings at all. I realize they are compatible with the style and age of the home, but if it were my home, I would freshen up the decor a bit.

17. The Country Girl says

Simply beautiful. This has a wonderful authenticity that shines through even the many remodelings, renovations and additions.

18. J.B. Lawence says

Quaint is the word, between rustic and traditional, with a country flair. I’d need the home theater and plasma tv’s. Maybe hidden tho.

19. Screendoorgirl 3 says

I’m going to cry.. So, so pretty! That sunroom is so perfect . I love!!

20. Karen says

Such a lovely home–classic and timeless. I love that sun room. It’s perfect just as it is.