An Updated Craftsman For Sale in Bellevue, Washington

When a reader told me about this charming renovated Craftsman-style house “in the heart of downtown Bellevue,” I was sold as soon as I saw the front porch. It’s known as the Frank Odle house, and the owners spent 8 years restoring and updating it. It’s on the market for $1,199,950–take a look:

The house has 3 bedrooms and 3 baths and a little over 3,000 square feet.

Love all the built-ins that the house has.

Want it? For more photos and information, check Michael White’s listing at Windermere. (Thanks, Kim!) On Sundays I feature interesting houses that are on the market. You can see more of them at Sunday Open House.

Hooked on Craftsmans? One of my Favorites:

The Story of Erin’s Craftsman Cottage in Mississippi

Comments

1. Marcela says

Absolutely gorgeous. I wish I could find out the name of the paint colors they´ve used.

• Tracie says

This was my first question, too! The colors are so relaxing and blend so well. What a beautiful home! The pictures make me want to take all of our window covers down! Heehee.

• Marcela says

That indigo in the bathroom…. incredible, so well coordinated

• me says

We used a similar blue in our bathroom — “Southern Belle” by Benjamin Moore. “Hale Navy” is also nice but quite a bit darker.

2. Lisa says

What exquisite workmanship! The details are amazing! I have always loved this style architecture. I hope you and your family are having a wonderful Christmas season, Julia!

I love craftsman style homes, and this one is no exception! What gorgeous details and character. I love the built-ins, the detail on the windows, and how the kitchen is modern in its openness, but still in keeping with the charm of the house. Stunning!

4. Kelly says

So fresh and pretty! I grew up in a very large craftsman. It was large because it was also a funeral home. It was full of the natural woods, built in bookcases with leaded glass. No one even considered painting over the woodwork though I find I’m really attracted to that look as I grow older.

5. Mary says

There is no other house style that invokes such a feeling of peace and calm in me like a beautifully maintained Craftsman!

6. Sherry says

This is exactly the kind of house that grabs my heart. It’s perfect!

7. Kelly says

Love that they didn’t paint all the woodwork! They did a great job with the house!

8. Amy says

Beautiful! I think this is close to what my dream house would look like!

9. Michele says

I am absolutely swooning. There is nothing I would change. Dream house.

It’s just breathtaking. The kitchen is fabulous and it is ingenious how they mixed the wood with the white trim.

Ugh, that is beautiful. Why do all of the best craftsman homes seem to be in Oregon and Washington?

12. Caroline says

It’s perfect. There isn’t a thing I would change, and I rarely say that!

13. Jen says

a really beautiful house there is something very charming about it

14. 65andcounting says

Ditto to all the perfection comments. One has to wonder why then, it has sat unsold for 129 days. You’d think if all of US think it’s beautiful, so too would potential buyers. It must mean its priced too high for the neighborhood? I hope someone buys it soon. It’s obviously a well-loved home.

• Shari D. says

Just checked out the listing. It’s currently pending as of today! It doesn’t say exactly how much for though – just shows the listing price. But the price calculator on the bottom of the house page shows it’s going to cost someone well over $4000 a month, just for P&I, and that’s with about $240,000 down. Must be nice to be able to shell out for something that nice. Without winning a lottery (which I never enter) I’ll never see it!
      It’s also got a built-in vacuum system, and heated marble floors in the master “spa” bath! Gotta love the colors though, although I do miss the natural woodwork. They didn’t miss a beat on the details. Hope they get their money back out of it.

15. Kelly says

Wow, stunning. I’m always curious how much renovation costs. Do you think after renovating for 8 years they will recoup their money?

16. Shabby Chick says

There aren’t very many houses that can make my heart skip, but chances are if it does, it will be a Craftsman. This house is total perfection. From the colors, to the woodwork, to the trim, to the finishing touches……I love every square inch. Almost too much gorgeousness for one house! 😉

17. Julia says

Beautiful, but I would prefer all the woodwork to be left untainted. Nice choices on paint color. Lots of bungalo/craftsman style homes here in western New York State, where the Roycroft movement began. Love that style!

18. Brigid Ventimiglia says

Love this house! Colors, style, and finishes are all great…love the porch and all the light, too!

19. MelanieL says

This is my dream home!! I love Craftsman style so much, there’s a craftsman home on main street in my town that I simply adore, I told my husband if it ever goes up for sale, we’re buying it!! This is a good one Julia:)

20. Kim says

I don’t know why, but whenever I look at a beautiful Craftsman home, I feel peaceful inside. This is definitely the kind of home I would build if I had the money.

21. ella says

Beautiful home – but I thought some of those pictures almost looked computer generated. Maybe it’s not as amazing in real life without a little digital help and that’s why it hasn’t sold. Or maybe it’s just really overpriced.

22. E. george says

Oh yes I want it. How charming! I love that bathroom and the kitchen WOW…Hi Julia this was lovely thank you for sharing. You know I’m afraid of taking a chance with strong colours but this is exceptional. Regards Esther from Sydney.

23. Screendoorgirl 3 says

Absolutely gorgeous! I love that some of the woodwork is painted white and then some they left with the wood. I’ll never understand how people part with an 8 year old “child”. They would have to drag me out! Nice post, thanks Julia..

Gorgeous!

It looks like they’ve done a wonderful job on the restoration and I hope they find new owners that will appreciate it.

25. DB says

Wouldn’t a true Craftsmen style purist feel like they should have gone with mostly all natural, unpainted wood trim and paneling throughout?

Personally though, I prefer the lighter painted woods with just a touch of the natural woods here and there, as they did.

26. Katherine says

It’s lovely, but, oh, the price! When did relatively small Craftsman houses on small lots become so expensive, even in Bellevue? Ouch. But I agree that they’ve done a great job. I must have been out of the country too long. :-)

27. mishelle says

I love the house too. Living in Wa. I have to say even though we have a lot of style homes like that .a lot are not updated. And this is to much money . That is why it has sat for so long. There is a small amount of people buying in that money bracket. So talking to some realtor friends ,they say those price of houses stay on the market at least a year. I know a couple of people that are selling there million plus houses and they have been on the market that long too. The house is beautiful and the molding is wonderful. But who really can afford that price.

28. Karen says

Beautiful and inspiring home. I would love to live here if I could afford a lovely home like this.

29. threadbndr says

While I quite like the white woodwork in the baths and kitchen, I do wish they would have taken the living rooom and dining room back to the orignal smoked oak, not white and not shiny.

I do love the wall colors, though. Very period and yet not ‘old’ looking – good choices.

There are lots of bungalow neighborhoods here in Kansas – both in KC and Topeka. I’m lucky enough to have a very modest 2 bedroom 900ish square foot one. Such a liveable house style. I never want anything else.

30. Shannon says

I keep coming back and looking at these photos, because this house is absolute perfection. No other architectural style says “home” to me more than old Craftsman houses do. Maybe because they are so solid looking, but have lovely embellishments? I envy the new owners who wound up in this one!

31. Shari D. says

It’s a done deal. Sold on April 26th, after 169 days on the market, for $1,160,000. Glad I archived all the interior shots the first time I checked out the listing – the only one available now is the exterior photo! :-)