Beware of These 7 Scary Real Estate Listings

1. When they have to announce that a house isn’t haunted, it’s never a good sign.

2. The bad news is that this house is haunted. The good news is that he cooks breakfast.

3. Raise your hand if the headless woman from the Civil War era would make you jump when you came up those stairs…

4. A bathroom that looks like a crime scene always makes a listing memorable.

5. Nothing like a “Welcome” sign in the entry hall to make visitors feel right at home. “Is Slaughter the family’s last name?”

6. Anyone else thinking of the “Rubber Man” from American Horror Story?

7. You might want to put an area rug right…there.

More Creepiness in the Real Estate Listings:

6 Freaky Real Estate Photos for Halloween

“Buy This House or Else…”

5 Very Scary Real Estate Listings

(Stained floor via Curbed. Kristina snapped the “Not Haunted” sign. Sharon found the cooking ghost in a New Zealand listing. “Slaughterhouse” was from a listing in California.)

1332 Queens Way mansion in Carmel IN 2
File this one under, "Gotta see it to believe it." It's a $5.5 million "magnificent Mediterranean estate" in Carmel, Indiana (a suburb of Indianapolis where…
baby in the house 2
So far we have seen real estate listing photos that follow an enthusiastic doll, a trail of limes, flowers in vases, and even a baby…

OMG, these are all pretty scary, but that one of the bathtub is just FREAKY! YIKES!! I love Halloween – thanks for sharing these :)

wow – those are hilarious Julia! WTH is in that bathtub!?!?! *shivers*
    I gotta get me one of those “not haunted” real estate signs!

3. Teresa says

Really creepy. The bedroom floor looks like it needs to be roped off with yellow crime scene tape.

4. Christina from Dallas says

Wow these are good for a laugh today! Can’t believe the realtors took these pictures and posted them!

5. Carisa says

I took a picture of a real estate sign with “Not Haunted” on it just the other day. Too funny! Pretty sure the building in question IS haunted.

I wonder if the agent has documentation to prove it’s not haunted? Are there home inspectors that will look for them, along with dry rot and asbestos?

Is that bathtub picture from an actual listing? Regardless, it’s gross!

• says

Yes, that was in a listing. They could have stood back and taken a photo of the side of the tub that didn’t show what was inside, but no. Delightful, isn’t it?

7. Shabby Chick says

Is the real estate sign for real? Who knew they made a sign for that? The blood in the tub and that attic thingy……yikes.

Actually, “Slaughter” is my mother-in-law’s last name! She remarried so it’s not mine-thankfully. Lol!

• says

I knew a family with that last name growing up, too. As long as they don’t paint “Welcome to the Slaughter House” on the wall, they’re probably okay. Ha.

Hello Julia, It looks like the head from the Civil War dress floated over to the portrait on the stairs. Also, if I could get such a big, floored attic, I wouldn’t mind sharing it with one small demon.

As a matter of fact, I don’t know why people insist on non-haunted. I lived in a haunted house for years, and quite appreciated the experience.
    –Road to Parnassus

The writing on the wall reminds me of some of the foreclosure listings my hubby looked at during his real estate career. The things they had written on them would not be shareable on a “family friendly” site. Apparently they were inhabited by gangs or something. Creepy stuff out there! :)

Thanks for posting the photo I sent you (the “not haunted” one). It is a real photo and in fact it’s still there! It is in the Southwest Garden neighborhood of St Louis, Missouri.

12. Beth A. says

love that kitchen — a ghost that cooks is always welcome in my house!

Thanks for the laughs!!
    I think the dress picture is spooky because its blocking the door. I can imagine some old homeowner saying in a raspy voice- “You must never open the last door down the hall…” EEK!

• says

I’m with you, Rebecca–so creeped out by the first season that I’ve steered clear of the new one. I heard it’s even scarier. Yikes.

This was a pretty fun post. I will look out for listings like this in the Denver real estate market.

One of my aunt purchased a haunted house, even though she is comfortable in living there but for other family members it’s a horrifying experience!!I if you want to get rid of many guests just buy a house with roomers!!!

16. Aubrey says

I personally don’t care for ghosts, but at least he would make you eggs and bacon in the morning! He looks kind of friendly too.
    That dress is so creepy. Maybe they DIDN’T want to sell the house. :)
    I am telling myself that could have been bath salts or juice…