Robyn’s Retreat on St. Simon’s Island & More Listings

by hookedonhouses on September 4, 2011

Here are 5 of my readers’ houses on the market around the country:

#1. Robyn’s Low-Country house on St. Simon’s Island: Listing.

#2. Josie’s Federal townhouse in Washington, D.C.: Listing.

#3. Krista’s mountain log home in Colorado: Listing.

#4. Casey’s mid-century modern in Kentucky: Listing.

#5. A luxury lake house in Tennessee: Listing.

Thanks to everyone who submitted their house listing for this series. If you’d like your house to be considered, send me the link with “My House Listing” in the subject line. –Julia

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints September 4, 2011 at 8:09 am

wow…gorgeous. you are such a sweetheart to list these for people. love that about you julia. happy sunday to ya:)

Terry September 4, 2011 at 8:44 am

Mmmm St. Simons Island in near my neck of the woods.

Vicki @ In The Sandbox Comic Strip September 4, 2011 at 9:18 am

Wow! All of them are gorgeous!

Christina September 4, 2011 at 9:20 am

Love that log cabin one! That would be my pick!

Catherine September 4, 2011 at 9:28 am

For me, it was a toss-up between the Tennessee and St. Simon’s Island houses. I would have to choose St. Simon’s Island, purely due to proximity to the ocean! I’ll happily take the Tennessee house for spring and fall, and the Colorado house for winter. :-)

Andrea September 4, 2011 at 10:06 am

They’re all so beautiful but I particularly loved seeing what Casey did with her mid-century modern. Such a perfect blend of retro when possible with contemporary modern where needed (like in the kitchen.) There’s such a feeling of spaciousness in that perieod. Imagine a bath tub you can actually stretch out in!

Brandon @ Southgate September 4, 2011 at 10:27 am

OK, I just spent my entire coffee time looking at the gorgeous townhouses in Josie’s neighborhood…I dont know why but I have always had a borderline fascination with those classic Georgian/Federal type townhomes! Time to make a second cup and look at the rest.

Beverly from Montreal September 5, 2011 at 5:55 am

It’s the Federal townhouse for me, also. Looks like a great neighborhood. Disappointed that the kitchen doesn’t have a gas cooktop & stove, though. I would probably tone down the paint colors a bit, especially in the bedroom & living room.

Karena September 4, 2011 at 11:23 am

Love the Lake House however I am also a City Girl so the Federal in DC appeals to me as well!

Come and join my Fashion Giveaway from Fresh Produce

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Luciane at Homebunch.com September 4, 2011 at 12:40 pm

This place is dreamy! I love how peaceful the place seems to be!

I hope you’re having a great long weekend!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Nathan September 4, 2011 at 3:17 pm

The only thing I really like about the lake house in Tennessee is the dock. I love the Kentucky home though. I’d change quite a few things, but I think that has the best bones.

Faye Liston September 4, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Thanks! I love the St. Simon’s property.

margot September 4, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Love the St Simon’s listing. The house is gorgeous. I do wish they could fix the glaring grammar error in the title of the listing; otherwise, everything about that home is perfect

Jodi Quinlivan September 4, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Oh My Gosh! I love the Country house on St. Simon’s Island & the luxury lake house in Tennessee, I wish I lived in the USA, you have amazing homes over there! Although we have our fair share too! Thank you for bring us such lovely homes to drool over in The Land Down Under (Australia) x Jode

Kim September 4, 2011 at 7:55 pm

These are all nice houses. Thankyou for sharing them with us.

Janice Mahon September 5, 2011 at 7:54 am

I used to live on Cherry Hill Lane in Georgetown in D.C. in the early 1970s. The row house was ten feet wide and thirty feet deep, with two stories. Maybe Josie knows of these historic homes, built for men working on the C&O Canal, which starts in Georgetown and was extended to Harper’s Ferry. Josie’s home is beautiful, I wish her the best of luck in selling it.

Laura Ingalls Gunn September 5, 2011 at 11:25 am

Oh I would so love to be vacation there!

Julia, I need your help. I have been perusing your blog for over 2 hours now searching for a brass lamp/chandelier makeover that you personally did about 2 years ago. Unfortunately I just keep getting “You 404’d it. Gnarly, dude.” I believe it was in your entry. You tapped off all the glass before spray painting it. I seem to recall some of the photos were taken from the upper staircase. I will happily give you inspiration credit on the ole DTA blog. Thank you!

hookedonhouses September 5, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Oh, wow, that was a long time ago! I can’t believe you even remember it. Weird that you’re getting an error message for it. Here’s the link:

Hope it works this time! -Julia

shabbychick September 5, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Why on earth do they want to sell??? From the looks of these houses I’d say there are a whole lot of people living pretty good considering the economy……

Hanri September 6, 2011 at 3:24 am

Now I would take the first house on st Simon’s Island in a heartbeat (did you see the scullery?), my husband on the other hand would love the mountain log home. Thanks for posting these, a great selection.