The great thing about having my own blog is that I can do what I want with it, really. I am the boss. I can change the rules in the middle of the game.
The boss has hereby decided that since there are so many interesting homes on the market in Birmingham, we’re going to look at two Open Houses each day instead of one from here on out. In other words, I’m adding three more tours to the original five I had planned.
You’ve all been playing along with the game so well this week that I think you can handle it.
The third home we’re going to look at is a 5 bedroom, 4.5 bath contemporary, described on the MLS as a “spectacular classical Greek” home. Can a house be both classical and contemporary? Judge for yourself!
According to the MLS, the home was built in 1988 and is on the market for $1.49 million. The exterior features genuine, multi-layered stucco and a limestone terrace. The inground pool with spa is surrounded by gardens. And here’s my favorite line: “With your own U.S. Open-grade tennis court, you can enjoy the outdoors and find that exercise can indeed be fun!” Any house that can convince me that exercise is fun is one I should probably buy.
Let’s start the tour!
What did you think? Did you like that groovy curved window wall? The sleek kitchen with the skylights? Give us your opinion in the comments and let us know if this is going on your short-list of Birmingham favorites. We’ll vote at the end of the week for the house we’d most want to live in.
Watch for Open House #4 later today!
Did You Miss Any Others on the Tour this Week? Go Catch Up!
- Open House #1: French Chateau in Birmingham
- Open House #2: Shook Hill Mansion
- Open House #4: Southern Traditional
If You’re Hooked on House Tours:
- Fantasy Open House in Hyde Park, Ohio: Paxton Avenue
- Fantasy Open House in Hyde Park, Ohio: Rookwood Drive
- Fantasy Open House in Hyde Park, Ohio: Edwards Road
- Fantasy Open House in Hyde Park, Ohio: Observatory Drive
- HGTV Green Home ‘08
- Designed to Sell? The Purple Angel House
- The Spite House in Virginia (only 7 feet wide!)
- Cobble Court, a French-Norman Estate in Ohio
- Stokesay Court, the manor used in the Keira Knightley film “Atonement”
- Coco Chanel’s elegant Parisian apartment at 31 Rue Cambon
- 1908 Gaslight Mansion in St. Louis