The Top 10 Movie Houses of 2009

by hookedonhouses on January 3, 2010

I wrote a lot of Movie Monday posts last year–48 to be exact. Here’s a pop quiz of the 10 Most Popular movie houses to see how many you remember. To get the answers, click the pics!

#1: Love after 50:

#8 movie post-2009

orange-line

#9: Big at the Box Office:

#9 movie post-2009

orange-line#10: Seeing Double:

#10 movie post-2009

What were your favorite movie houses last year? Did any of them make the Top 10?

Think You’re Pretty Good at This, Huh? Try These:

The Little Red Shop January 3, 2010 at 9:04 pm

The “Something has Gotta Give” house is definitely at the top of my dream home list! Ahhh…just gorgeous! I’ve also always loved the “Father of the Bride” home and Meg Ryan’s apartment in “You’ve Got Mail.”

Yummy spaces, indeed!

: )

Julie M.
.-= The Little Red Shop´s last blog ..Dormez Vous? =-.

Suzy January 3, 2010 at 9:05 pm

Love Movie Mondays….thanks for all the hard work!
Happy New Year Julia!
.-= Suzy´s last blog ..Happy New Year!!!! =-.

Nathan January 3, 2010 at 9:27 pm

I guessed Marley & Me, Mr. and Mrs. Smith and Sex and the City right from looking at the pictures. From the clue, I guessed Parent Trap but I didn’t recognize the house at all.
I really loved Andrew’s family’s house in The Proposal. It is my #1 favourite house of 2009. I really liked the vampires’ house in Twilight and New Moon.

Kim January 3, 2010 at 9:44 pm

I got 6 out of 10. I loved all of these movie houses, but one of my favorites, that didn’t make the list, is The Home Alone 1&2 house.

Lesley @ TheDesignFile January 3, 2010 at 9:52 pm

These are really cool for me because I never seem to notice that much about the houses when I’m watching the movies. So I love that you break it down so I can really see it.

I love seeing the apartment from You’ve Got Mail. I had noticed that sweet little place and it was fun to look at it again.

Also, I’ve never seen Mr & Mrs Smith…what a house! In particular, I’m nuts about the lighting!

Thanks for posting these and I look forward to what you’ll have in 2010.
.-= Lesley @ TheDesignFile´s last blog ..Sunday roundup: An art wall, home tours & more =-.

Vicki January 3, 2010 at 10:04 pm

My 2 favorites are “Somethings Gotta Give” and “Father of the Bride”. I just LOVE those to houses!!

Thanks for a great post!
.-= Vicki´s last blog ..Random Act of Kindness =-.

Trisha January 3, 2010 at 10:09 pm

While I am NOT a beachy person, I’m crazy for the house from Something’s Gotta Give. But then again, who wouldn’t wanna cuddle up with Noah on that porch on a warm summer night? Mmmmmm. Pancakes and baconnnnn.
.-= Trisha´s last blog ..Ah – HAH!!! =-.

Trisha January 3, 2010 at 10:10 pm

WAIT!!! Father of the Bride. Hands-DOWN!!! Ok, I’m done now. :)
.-= Trisha´s last blog ..Ah – HAH!!! =-.

Amanda @ Serenity Now January 3, 2010 at 11:08 pm

I think “Something’s Gotta Give” and “You’ve Got Mail” are fab!! Have you ever done the spots in Holiday Inn or White Christmas?? LOVE them!!!!
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..I Resolve to Resolve Nothing =-.

The Blushing Hostess January 4, 2010 at 4:12 am

great choices and thanks a million for doing this, with consecutive new babies in these times, I am a little behind on the movie front!!

have a great new year, Julia!
.-= The Blushing Hostess´s last blog ..And so it ends =-.

Stephanie January 4, 2010 at 7:14 am

I loved the house from Marley and Me…cool choices!
.-= Stephanie´s last blog ..This Year I Plan to …… listen to more music =-.

K in NC January 4, 2010 at 7:45 am

Did you hear the Rodanthe house sold? I saw an AP story that it was set to close early this month. I’m in NC and I saw it under our local news section.

Deborah January 4, 2010 at 8:11 am

Something’s Gotta Give is always my favorite. I just saw It’s Complicated and know that will be a future movie Monday for you. It was written and directed by the same person as Something’s Gotta Give. I had a feeling since there was a similar feel to the movie. Since reading your blog, I notice houses in movies alot more. Thanks and I really enjoy your blog.
.-= Deborah´s last blog ..Giant Wind Chimes =-.

Kristin January 4, 2010 at 8:37 am

Wow! I love all of these houses! Especially the Beach House in Something’s Gotta Give and Meg Ryan’s home in ‘You got mail!’ Thank you for showing us all these great houses!!!
.-= Kristin´s last blog ..Why not enjoy an aftenoon tea here? =-.

Jacki January 4, 2010 at 8:57 am

I”m having such a good time, reading and re-reading these posts! Thanks for all your hard work, and please keep it up!!!!!
.-= Jacki´s last blog ..Garage Sale Treasure and Tagged =-.

Rachel January 4, 2010 at 11:31 am

I love the apt. in You’ve Got Mail…and your titles were so cute. Thanks for taking the time to do these.

Candy @ SoBella Creations January 4, 2010 at 1:08 pm

My faves were the houses/apt from Something Gotta Give and The You’ve Got Mail.
.-= Candy @ SoBella Creations´s last blog ..Christmas Cookie Decorating =-.

Lauren Liess January 4, 2010 at 1:55 pm

oh definitely something’s gotta give!! :) just love it

i’m also crazy over the house in “High Society” — did a post on it way back with pretty much just pics & no real info but do love the designs! :)

and i also loved some things in mr. & mrs smith’s house- that DR chandy & the otuside & kitchen

HAPPY NEW YEAR JULIA!!!! :)
xoxo,
lauren
.-= Lauren Liess´s last blog ..Pure Organization 2010: Project #1 =-.

Nancy Hood January 4, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Julia?! I just LOVE your blog!!! and love telling my friends about it!! If you happen to read this, and if you know the answer, please tell me how your readers get those quilted patterns to show beside their names. So neat! Happy New Year!!!
.-= Nancy Hood´s last blog ..There is Still Good to be Found in America ~ =-.

hookedonhouses January 4, 2010 at 4:20 pm

You’re so sweet, Nancy!

Those quilted patterns show up when someone doesn’t have a photo/avatar. I chose them instead of that shadowy, faceless guy that other blogs use. Just thought they were pretty! (It’s a Wordpress option.) -Julia

Maya @ Completely Coastal January 4, 2010 at 4:43 pm

Number one is the ONE that shook the design world!

Happy New Year, Julia!
.-= Maya @ Completely Coastal´s last blog ..Made From Used Sails -Two Artisan Giveaways! =-.

susan January 4, 2010 at 6:12 pm

Loved all of them! I hope we get at least 48 more this year! You might like the house in my post today!
.-= susan´s last blog ..What a Pot of Gold Will Buy =-.

debbie January 4, 2010 at 7:47 pm

My favorite is still Meg Ryan’s apartment in You’ve Got Mail, followed by Kate Winslet’s cottage in The Holiday and then the beach house in Somthing’s Gotta Give. Looking forward to this year’s movie houses. Happy New Year Julia!

Ann January 5, 2010 at 7:28 am

I loved Amanda’s house in The Holiday! YUM! I also thought the apartment in Just Like Heaven was great.

Sarah January 5, 2010 at 12:19 pm

This is my favorite part of your web site. I’m sure it takes a lot of time and it is much appreciated from me! Sometimes I watch movies just for the background, I’m sure you are one person that can relate. Will you be doing a post on “It’s Complicated”? I cannot wait see it on your blog!
.-= Sarah´s last blog ..Grateful =-.

Jen H. January 5, 2010 at 5:08 pm

I loved the interiors in The Proposal. The entire movie was gorgeous – the actors, the set designs, the scenery. Looking even more forward to seeing It’s Complicated now! My all-time faves are probably The Holiday (both houses) and Something’s Gotta Give, though I’m starting to tire of that one since it’s just everywhere.
.-= Jen H.´s last blog ..The To-Do List =-.

Laura December 1, 2010 at 2:17 pm

I agree Amanda’s house from the Holiday should have made it on the list.

Home January 28, 2010 at 3:07 am

Nice top ten list! Number 2 is nice for me ;-)

Susan March 3, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Have a look at both kitchens in Funny People…(Adam Sandler and Lesley Mann kitchen…) both great. Would love to see them featuerd.
.-= Susan´s last blog ..Cessanon – Loved Restaurant de l’Orb =-.

Bee April 25, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Thank you so much for this site! I loved the Ranch House in “Brokeback Mountain” where Jack’s parents lived. It’s classic and I would love to know about it.

Kathy May 11, 2010 at 10:57 am

I know it’s an older movie, but my favorite movie house remains the one from Practical Magic! LOVE the kitchen!
.-= Kathy´s last blog ..A new look for an old fireplace =-.

Laura December 1, 2010 at 2:15 pm

I love the something’s gotta give house! But I was wondering if you have seen the house in “The Holiday”. Amanda’s house was fabulous in it.

hookedonhouses December 1, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Yes, in fact I have a post about Amanda’s house coming up this month. Thanks, Laura! -Julia

{ 3 trackbacks }