The Top 10 Movie Houses of 2009

I wrote a lot of Movie Monday posts last year–48 to be exact. Here’s a pop quiz of the 10 Most Popular movie houses to see how many you remember. To get the answers, click the pics!

#1: Love after 50:

#8 movie post-2009

orange-line

#9: Big at the Box Office:

#9 movie post-2009

orange-line#10: Seeing Double:

#10 movie post-2009

What were your favorite movie houses last year? Did any of them make the Top 10?

Think You’re Pretty Good at This, Huh? Try These:

Funny Farm movie Andy Farmer's Cape in Vermont
In the comedy Funny Farm, Chevy Chase plays Andy Farmer, a sportswriter who quits his job and buys a house in the country, where he plans…
Barton Cottage in the movie "Sense and Sensibility" with Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet | hookedonhouses.net
When Emma Thompson's Oscar-winning version of Jane Austen's Sense & Sensibility opens, we meet sisters Elinor and Marianne Dashwood, who have grown up in the grand estate…

Comments

The “Something has Gotta Give” house is definitely at the top of my dream home list! Ahhh…just gorgeous! I’ve also always loved the “Father of the Bride” home and Meg Ryan’s apartment in “You’ve Got Mail.”

Yummy spaces, indeed!

: )

Julie M.
    .-= The Little Red Shop´s last blog ..Dormez Vous? =-.

2. Nathan says

I guessed Marley & Me, Mr. and Mrs. Smith and Sex and the City right from looking at the pictures. From the clue, I guessed Parent Trap but I didn’t recognize the house at all.
    I really loved Andrew’s family’s house in The Proposal. It is my #1 favourite house of 2009. I really liked the vampires’ house in Twilight and New Moon.

3. Kim says

I got 6 out of 10. I loved all of these movie houses, but one of my favorites, that didn’t make the list, is The Home Alone 1&2 house.

These are really cool for me because I never seem to notice that much about the houses when I’m watching the movies. So I love that you break it down so I can really see it.

I love seeing the apartment from You’ve Got Mail. I had noticed that sweet little place and it was fun to look at it again.

Also, I’ve never seen Mr & Mrs Smith…what a house! In particular, I’m nuts about the lighting!

Thanks for posting these and I look forward to what you’ll have in 2010.
    .-= Lesley @ TheDesignFile´s last blog ..Sunday roundup: An art wall, home tours & more =-.

While I am NOT a beachy person, I’m crazy for the house from Something’s Gotta Give. But then again, who wouldn’t wanna cuddle up with Noah on that porch on a warm summer night? Mmmmmm. Pancakes and baconnnnn.
    .-= Trisha´s last blog ..Ah – HAH!!! =-.

great choices and thanks a million for doing this, with consecutive new babies in these times, I am a little behind on the movie front!!

have a great new year, Julia!
    .-= The Blushing Hostess´s last blog ..And so it ends =-.

7. K in NC says

Did you hear the Rodanthe house sold? I saw an AP story that it was set to close early this month. I’m in NC and I saw it under our local news section.

Something’s Gotta Give is always my favorite. I just saw It’s Complicated and know that will be a future movie Monday for you. It was written and directed by the same person as Something’s Gotta Give. I had a feeling since there was a similar feel to the movie. Since reading your blog, I notice houses in movies alot more. Thanks and I really enjoy your blog.
    .-= Deborah´s last blog ..Giant Wind Chimes =-.

I love the apt. in You’ve Got Mail…and your titles were so cute. Thanks for taking the time to do these.

oh definitely something’s gotta give!! :) just love it

i’m also crazy over the house in “High Society” — did a post on it way back with pretty much just pics & no real info but do love the designs! :)

and i also loved some things in mr. & mrs smith’s house- that DR chandy & the otuside & kitchen

HAPPY NEW YEAR JULIA!!!! :)
    xoxo,
    lauren
    .-= Lauren Liess´s last blog ..Pure Organization 2010: Project #1 =-.

Julia?! I just LOVE your blog!!! and love telling my friends about it!! If you happen to read this, and if you know the answer, please tell me how your readers get those quilted patterns to show beside their names. So neat! Happy New Year!!!
    .-= Nancy Hood´s last blog ..There is Still Good to be Found in America ~ =-.

• hookedonhouses says

You’re so sweet, Nancy!

Those quilted patterns show up when someone doesn’t have a photo/avatar. I chose them instead of that shadowy, faceless guy that other blogs use. Just thought they were pretty! (It’s a WordPress option.) -Julia

12. debbie says

My favorite is still Meg Ryan’s apartment in You’ve Got Mail, followed by Kate Winslet’s cottage in The Holiday and then the beach house in Somthing’s Gotta Give. Looking forward to this year’s movie houses. Happy New Year Julia!

13. Ann says

I loved Amanda’s house in The Holiday! YUM! I also thought the apartment in Just Like Heaven was great.

This is my favorite part of your web site. I’m sure it takes a lot of time and it is much appreciated from me! Sometimes I watch movies just for the background, I’m sure you are one person that can relate. Will you be doing a post on “It’s Complicated”? I cannot wait see it on your blog!
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..Grateful =-.

I loved the interiors in The Proposal. The entire movie was gorgeous – the actors, the set designs, the scenery. Looking even more forward to seeing It’s Complicated now! My all-time faves are probably The Holiday (both houses) and Something’s Gotta Give, though I’m starting to tire of that one since it’s just everywhere.
    .-= Jen H.´s last blog ..The To-Do List =-.

• Laura says

I agree Amanda’s house from the Holiday should have made it on the list.

16. Bee says

Thank you so much for this site! I loved the Ranch House in “Brokeback Mountain” where Jack’s parents lived. It’s classic and I would love to know about it.

17. Laura says

I love the something’s gotta give house! But I was wondering if you have seen the house in “The Holiday”. Amanda’s house was fabulous in it.

• hookedonhouses says

Yes, in fact I have a post about Amanda’s house coming up this month. Thanks, Laura! -Julia