You Can Buy Edward Cullen’s House from “New Moon”

new-moon-poster

I was disappointed to hear that a different house was used for the Cullen family of vampires in New Moon than they used for Twilight. Looks like they tried to find one that was at least similar in style.

New Moon-Cullen front door

The New Moon house is on the market for $3.3 million, so we get to peek inside. According to the listing, the house is “Arthur Erickson inspired,” exquisitely renovated with post-modern design on a half-acre lot.

New Moon-Cullen house 1

You can see this staircase isn’t open like the one in Twilight was (see photos of that house here).

New Moon-Cullen house 2

New Moon-Cullen house 3

bathroom

New Moon-Cullen house 5

To see the house used in the first Twilight movie, click here. Which house did you prefer?

Julia-simple-teal-signature2

Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House
When I was growing up, my mom and I used to watch old movies together on Saturday afternoons, and we loved anything with Cary Grant in…
This Old-Hollywood Estate is for sale (Marlo Thomas lived here!). Beth is planning a Homecreators Conference and is asking for your input. Nicolas Cage just…

Comments

From these photos, I like this house. Love that fireplace in the kitchen! But it’s still lacking something from what I pictured the house to look like from reading the books. I will not be participating in the mad dash to see the film as soon as it comes out, but only because I fear for my safety. :)
    .-= Christine´s last blog ..Music from My Library =-.

That house is *fantastic*! I won’t be lining up for the movie though. I’m probably the only woman on the planet that couldn’t care less about vampires or werewolves.
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..A Cold and a Grouchy Patooty =-.

I’m seriously in love with the kitchen. I had no idea about the vampire thing – haven’t seen the TV series and won’t see the film. Vampires? Really?
    .-= Jane @ Beach House´s last blog ..Hah! =-.

4. greenie says

OMG OMG OMG!!! :-) I LOVE THIS HOUSE!!!
    I don’t think there’s an inch of this place I don’t like. When I scrolled down to the second picture, my eyes literally bugged out! The windows and woodwork are magnificent! Went to the listing page and saved all the photos. This place probably comes the closest to my dream home.
    As for Twilight: Never read the books, never saw the first, not planning on watching the second. I did my vampire thing back in the 70s and 80s with Lestat and “The Hunger” etc.
    THANK YOU for posting this listing! :-)

5. Kathy :) says

No desire to see the movies…..LOVED the books though….I like to keep the characters etc in my head !!! My daughter, she’s the one that turned me on to the books, didn’t like the first movie as much as the book…. I didn’t know about them using a new house will have to let my daughter in on that….. Hmmm not sure how I feel about that !!!

Have you read Julia ???

Kathy :)

Thank you so much for finding this! I have been obsessed with that house ever since I saw it in the movie! I am so happy they went with a modern!! THANK YOU! I Might mention it on my blog as well, but will give you full credit for finding it! THANK YOU!
    .-= Blayne´s last blog ..Detail – Northside – Neighbor Newspapers =-.

Duh, I was so excited, I commented w/o reading the whole thing, I thought u were talking about the house they used in the first movie.. oh well, I love this one as well. It looks so similar…. Again, love modern. Do you know anything about the first house?
    .-= Blayne´s last blog ..Detail – Northside – Neighbor Newspapers =-.

Hmmm I haven’t see the first movie yet – but I just rented it so should watch it this weekend. I think I love both houses equally – they’re just gorgeous. I would love to know who buys this house, and if they’re a Twilight fan!
    .-= christy´s last blog ..Big sister, little brother =-.

Hi Julia,

Have you ever done a post on the house in “Home Alone”? I re-watched that movie yesterday, and have to say that may be my all-time favorite house. I looked thru your articles and didn’t find anything, so maybe that’s a future post? Thanks!

Jacki
    .-= Jacki´s last blog ..Garage Sale Treasure and Tagged =-.

10. Kim says

I don’t care for contempory houses, but this house has some character.

I am soooo going with some girlfriends tomorrow night around 7ish. I didn’t see the first one in the theatre, so I totally missed out on all the screaming when Edward appeared on screen. :) I’m excited!
    .-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..Giddy for New Moon =-.

12. Billy says

(The above post is what happens when you comment before cocktail hour pst.)

That is only $3,100k. I should have bought Loonies in March.

Never read the books or watched the 1st movie. I’m sure they’re great, but I can’t get past the insane love of Edward when my son is almost the same age LOL The houses aren’t my style at all, but after the last post I love it 😉

rue
    .-= rue´s last blog ..Birthday trip~ part 3 (the historic tour) =-.

14. Sarah says

OMG, I grew up next to that house – I saw the first picture in the blog, and realized I knew that front door!

That’s at least the second major renovation that I know of. Back about 1978 or so it was first renovated – I remember the then owners changing the street that the driveway came out on, perhaps so that the address was then Stevens Drive instead of Deep Dene. It would have been about 1985 (or earlier?) that there were new owners, who added the swimming pool.

It’s a very private house – you can’t see it from the road, and it was very difficult to see from our house as well. No neighbors on the other side, either, and it backs onto a creek.

15. Sarah says

Turns out I’m incorrect – you can now see through the trees to my old house in the Hobby Room picture. They’ve really thinned out that area, used to be much bushier.

16. Suzette says

Julia,
    You know your first blog on the original Cullen house is what got me into the Twilight series (have I said “thank you”????)

I saw New Moon yesterday. The house doesn’t get much screen time but you can see the pool in the background of one of the scenes (the “vote” scene). These MLS pics are beautiful. I’d live there!!!

Enjoy the movie – it is fantastic (IMHO)
    Thanks for another great post!

17. carla fox says

I’m surprised no one picked up the “post-modern” faux pas. This house is most definitely NOT post-modern. Post-modern is a term used to describe the style of architecture that was popular in the 1980’s that was the antithesis of modern. Think Michael Graves’ Portland Building, applied ornamentation and pastel colors. This house could be described as contemporary.

18. Kari says

Wondering if you have any information on the large scale, horizontal format painting hanging in the stairwell room (family/living room) in the scenes from Bella’s birthday party? I’d like to know the name of the artist and where to find him/her. Thank you.

• hookedonhouses says