You Can Buy Edward Cullen’s House from “New Moon”

by hookedonhouses on November 19, 2009

new-moon-poster

Unless you’ve been living in a cave, you know that New Moon, the sequel to the wildly popular Twilight series, hits theaters Friday. Anyone planning to see it with thousands of screaming girls (and women) the first day?

I was disappointed to hear that a different house was used for the Cullen family of vampires in the new film than they used for Twilight. Looks like they tried to find one that was at least similar in style.

New Moon-Cullen front door

The New Moon house is on the market for $3.3 million, so we get to peek inside. According to the listing by Jason Soprovich, the house is “Arthur Erickson inspired,” exquisitely renovated with post-modern design on a half-acre lot.

New Moon-Cullen house 1

You can see this staircase isn’t open like the one in Twilight was (see photos of that house here).

New Moon-Cullen house 2

New Moon-Cullen house 3

bathroom

New Moon-Cullen house 5

This clip from New Moon was filmed in the Cullen house around the staircase:

For more information and photos, check the listing. To tour the house used for the Cullens in the first Twilight movie, click here. Which house did you like better–the one from Twilight or New Moon?

Visit my TV/Movie Houses page for links to all of the others I’ve featured, including Bella’s House in Twilight.

My Sparrow-Charlie wire chair

P.S. Love contemporary design? Check out this cool Charlie Wire Chair and more beautiful things at My Sparrow, an eco-friendly online shop that believes in “Stylish Responsibility.”

Beth@The Stories of A2Z November 19, 2009 at 10:11 am

It’s a toss up for me. I like them both. However, I prefer sequels to have continuity in setting so I guess I’m feeling partial to the first for that reason.
.-= Beth@The Stories of A2Z´s last blog ..Staircase Recap and a WINNER! =-.

Christine November 19, 2009 at 10:29 am

From these photos, I like this house. Love that fireplace in the kitchen! But it’s still lacking something from what I pictured the house to look like from reading the books. I will not be participating in the mad dash to see the film as soon as it comes out, but only because I fear for my safety. :)
.-= Christine´s last blog ..Music from My Library =-.

Ad February 24, 2011 at 8:10 am

yup..it is lackin something..the Cullens ! LOL ;)

desiree November 19, 2009 at 10:36 am

I haven’t read the books or seen the first movie….but I might rent the first and see the second. Love this home. The kitchen is beautiful.
.-= desiree´s last blog ..Vicki’s Vintage-inspired Holiday Party Favors =-.

Celebrity Digs HQ November 19, 2009 at 10:50 am

Love it! Love it! Love it! We are referring to the house, of course! As for the movie, we’ll have to wait and see! CDHQ
.-= Celebrity Digs HQ´s last blog ..The Barefoot Contessa’s Barn =-.

Amy November 19, 2009 at 11:09 am

That house is *fantastic*! I won’t be lining up for the movie though. I’m probably the only woman on the planet that couldn’t care less about vampires or werewolves.
.-= Amy´s last blog ..A Cold and a Grouchy Patooty =-.

Jane @ Beach House November 19, 2009 at 11:28 am

I’m seriously in love with the kitchen. I had no idea about the vampire thing – haven’t seen the TV series and won’t see the film. Vampires? Really?
.-= Jane @ Beach House´s last blog ..Hah! =-.

greenie November 19, 2009 at 11:31 am

OMG OMG OMG!!! :-) I LOVE THIS HOUSE!!!
I don’t think there’s an inch of this place I don’t like. When I scrolled down to the second picture, my eyes literally bugged out! The windows and woodwork are magnificent! Went to the listing page and saved all the photos. This place probably comes the closest to my dream home.
As for Twilight: Never read the books, never saw the first, not planning on watching the second. I did my vampire thing back in the 70s and 80s with Lestat and “The Hunger” etc.
THANK YOU for posting this listing! :-)

Kathy :) November 19, 2009 at 11:34 am

No desire to see the movies…..LOVED the books though….I like to keep the characters etc in my head !!! My daughter, she’s the one that turned me on to the books, didn’t like the first movie as much as the book…. I didn’t know about them using a new house will have to let my daughter in on that….. Hmmm not sure how I feel about that !!!

Have you read Julia ???

Kathy :)

Jocelyn Stott November 19, 2009 at 12:01 pm

While this house it beautiful, I do wish that they had used the same one.
.-= Jocelyn Stott´s last blog ..L-O-V-E =-.

Blayne November 19, 2009 at 12:17 pm

Thank you so much for finding this! I have been obsessed with that house ever since I saw it in the movie! I am so happy they went with a modern!! THANK YOU! I Might mention it on my blog as well, but will give you full credit for finding it! THANK YOU!
.-= Blayne´s last blog ..Detail – Northside – Neighbor Newspapers =-.

Blayne November 19, 2009 at 12:26 pm

Duh, I was so excited, I commented w/o reading the whole thing, I thought u were talking about the house they used in the first movie.. oh well, I love this one as well. It looks so similar…. Again, love modern. Do you know anything about the first house?
.-= Blayne´s last blog ..Detail – Northside – Neighbor Newspapers =-.

hookedonhouses November 19, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Blayne–

Yes, I wrote about the first house earlier this year. You can find it here:

-Julia

Lauren Liess November 19, 2009 at 12:50 pm

i have to say i like the first one better BUT a so excited for the movie.. WISH SO BADLY i could go see it tomrorow but i’m not that crazy…

lines = just not worth it!! :(
.-= Lauren Liess´s last blog ..Pure Style Home: The Open Sky Project =-.

christy November 19, 2009 at 12:52 pm

Hmmm I haven’t see the first movie yet – but I just rented it so should watch it this weekend. I think I love both houses equally – they’re just gorgeous. I would love to know who buys this house, and if they’re a Twilight fan!
.-= christy´s last blog ..Big sister, little brother =-.

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints November 19, 2009 at 1:09 pm

I’m so excited. I loved this whole series of books. Totally a team Edward fan myself. The house is so cool. I think I like this one better than before, especially the pool in back.
.-= Becky @ Farmgirl Paints´s last blog ..Heaven is the face =-.

Jacki November 19, 2009 at 1:58 pm

Hi Julia,

Have you ever done a post on the house in “Home Alone”? I re-watched that movie yesterday, and have to say that may be my all-time favorite house. I looked thru your articles and didn’t find anything, so maybe that’s a future post? Thanks!

Jacki
.-= Jacki´s last blog ..Garage Sale Treasure and Tagged =-.

hookedonhouses November 19, 2009 at 2:51 pm

Jacki–

Yes! “Home Alone” continues to be one of my most popular posts. I’m working on an update of it right now that will include new information, as well. You can see it here:

Thanks! -Julia :-)

Mom in High Heels November 19, 2009 at 2:15 pm

I’m not a fan of either of these houses. They’re pretty, but not my style and so not the Victorian described in the book.
.-= Mom in High Heels´s last blog ..Mmmmmm….Johnny Depp =-.

Jen @ After The Alter November 19, 2009 at 2:23 pm

I’m sure some twilight fan will scoop up that house! Ihad no idea they switched the house! I can’t wait to see when I go saturday! Neither houses used is how I pictured it in my head while reading the books…
.-= Jen @ After The Alter´s last blog ..Things I Love Thursday: Humidifiers! =-.

Vicki November 19, 2009 at 2:32 pm

I’m not a big fan of contemporary houses but it is pretty.
.-= Vicki´s last blog ..GoComics.com =-.

Stephanie November 19, 2009 at 2:57 pm

This house is freaking AMAZING!!!!
.-= Stephanie´s last blog ..Watching old wedding video… Mommy, why are you smiling so much? =-.

Kim November 19, 2009 at 4:49 pm

I don’t care for contempory houses, but this house has some character.

cristin @ simplified bee November 19, 2009 at 8:01 pm

I am looking forward to this movie! I didn’t know they changed the Cullen’s house. Thanks for the new tour.

xo,
cristin
.-= cristin @ simplified bee´s last blog ..Books As Decor Accessories =-.

Jessica at Lavender & Lilies November 19, 2009 at 8:30 pm

I love those images!
.-= Jessica at Lavender & Lilies´s last blog ..Sleeping Lofts, Not Just For College Anymore =-.

Amanda @ Serenity Now November 19, 2009 at 9:53 pm

I am soooo going with some girlfriends tomorrow night around 7ish. I didn’t see the first one in the theatre, so I totally missed out on all the screaming when Edward appeared on screen. :) I’m excited!
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..Giddy for New Moon =-.

Billy November 19, 2009 at 10:31 pm

That only 3,100k US$. Should of bought Looneies in March.

Billy November 19, 2009 at 11:25 pm

(The above post is what happens when you comment before cocktail hour pst.)

That is only $3,100k. I should have bought Loonies in March.

rue November 20, 2009 at 9:08 am

Never read the books or watched the 1st movie. I’m sure they’re great, but I can’t get past the insane love of Edward when my son is almost the same age LOL The houses aren’t my style at all, but after the last post I love it ;)

rue
.-= rue´s last blog ..Birthday trip~ part 3 (the historic tour) =-.

Sarah November 20, 2009 at 10:41 am

OMG, I grew up next to that house – I saw the first picture in the blog, and realized I knew that front door!

That’s at least the second major renovation that I know of. Back about 1978 or so it was first renovated – I remember the then owners changing the street that the driveway came out on, perhaps so that the address was then Stevens Drive instead of Deep Dene. It would have been about 1985 (or earlier?) that there were new owners, who added the swimming pool.

It’s a very private house – you can’t see it from the road, and it was very difficult to see from our house as well. No neighbors on the other side, either, and it backs onto a creek.

Sarah November 20, 2009 at 10:44 am

Turns out I’m incorrect – you can now see through the trees to my old house in the Hobby Room picture. They’ve really thinned out that area, used to be much bushier.

Suzette November 21, 2009 at 10:28 am

Julia,
You know your first blog on the original Cullen house is what got me into the Twilight series (have I said “thank you”????)

I saw New Moon yesterday. The house doesn’t get much screen time but you can see the pool in the background of one of the scenes (the “vote” scene). These MLS pics are beautiful. I’d live there!!!

Enjoy the movie – it is fantastic (IMHO)
Thanks for another great post!

carla fox November 23, 2009 at 12:25 am

I’m surprised no one picked up the “post-modern” faux pas. This house is most definitely NOT post-modern. Post-modern is a term used to describe the style of architecture that was popular in the 1980′s that was the antithesis of modern. Think Michael Graves’ Portland Building, applied ornamentation and pastel colors. This house could be described as contemporary.

hookedonhouses November 23, 2009 at 7:46 am

Carla–
Good point! -Julia

c December 30, 2009 at 12:43 am

I like the Twilight house better its just looks more like them.

Kari February 17, 2010 at 11:57 am

Wondering if you have any information on the large scale, horizontal format painting hanging in the stairwell room (family/living room) in the scenes from Bella’s birthday party? I’d like to know the name of the artist and where to find him/her. Thank you.

hookedonhouses February 17, 2010 at 2:22 pm