Can You Name These Christmas Movies?

Who doesn’t love watching Christmas movies this time of year? I have all of my favorites on DVD and pull them out every December to watch again. That’s why I decided to do Christmas Movie Week here at Hooked on Houses. Starting Monday, I’ll feature the homes from some of my favorite holiday movies. Doesn’t that sound like fun? But first, I thought I’d test your Christmas Movie IQ. How many of these houses do you recognize? (Don’t worry, I’ll give you some clues.)

House #1: “I can’t put my arms down!” (To see the answer, click here.)

House #2: Torn between two brothers. (To see the answer, click here.)

House #3: Her last Christmas. (To see the answer, click here.)

House #4: She would rather be in L.A. (To see the answer, click here.)

House #5: A family film without the family. (To see the answer, click here.)

How many Christmas-movie houses did you recognize?

Comments

Whoa…am I really the first one to comment? Wow! This is a first. Okay, I’ll take a stab at this. #1 – A Christmas Story (one of my top 3 favorites) #2 While You Were Sleeping (my TOP favorite Christmas movie) #3 I’m drawing a blank on…#4 is The Holiday (I think) #5 is Home Alone. How’d I do? How’d I do?

Okay, okay, okay…I think I got it…by the way, I love Christmas movies…watch ’em all year long.
    #1~A Christmas Story; #2~While You Were Sleeping; #3~The Family Stone; #4~The Holiday; #5~Home Alone…

I find that sometimes I really need a holiday movie fix but don’t have the time…so I have found that you can watch just the last 10 minutes of a movie {any movie} and that will carry you till you have time to sit a spell and watch a whole movie with feet up, a bowl of popcorn and some folks to share it with…you know ~ the whole movie kit.

Have a great weekend~

Smiles ~ Ramona

I couldn’t guess 1 & 2 without cheating (looking at the other comments), but I knew 3, 4, & 5 off the bat! 3: Family Stone (I LUV LUV LUV that movie), 4: Holiday, and 5: my all time favorite Christmas movie (the first one!), Home Alone!

Very Fun!! I can’t wait for your parade of Christmas movie houses next week!

TGIF!
    ~angela

I buckle under pressure…some I knew…some I didn’t…I froze. I did enjoy looking, though! I am going to bring my husband back later and see how many he knows {I will of course pretend I knew them all}. :)

The Holiday!!! My favourite Christmas guilty pleasure movie. I grew up near the place where the ‘cottage’ is set…it doesn’t exist and it makes me laugh everytime I see it. Seriously if it did that house would be work about £800,000 and a reporter could not afford it 😉

I thought the 2nd one was Sleepless in Seattle. But could be While You Were Sleeping. There are similarities in the houses. I, of course being the Christmas movie addict I am, recognize all these wonderful houses!

Great post, Julia!

7. Kristy says

1. A Christmas Story
    2. While You Were Sleeping
    3. Stepmom
    4. The Holiday
    5. Home Alone

Oh how I love all these houses. I really loved the one from Stepmom with all the land and the porch! What a fun idea for a post, I can’t wait to see if I’m right on them!

It’s “The Holiday” with Cameron Diaz! I would recognize that cute little cottage house anywhere! I love that movie, I should rent it again!

Okay so I got so excited that I didn’t read your post all the way through.

1. not sure
    2. not sure
    3. stepmom
    4. the holiday
    5. home alone

Oh, these are good.
    1.Christmas Story
    2. While you Were Sleeping?
    3. Stepmom?
    4. The Holiday
    5. Home Alone

I can’t forget about my new favorite classic “Elf”? Buddy the Elf- What’s your favorite color?

What a very fun idea! Everyone else has made some solid guesses, so I only want to add that I think house #3 is from Step Mom. ~Arleen

I watched A Christmas Story the other day and I still laughed and laughed. I can’t believe that movie is 25 years old!! It has not become dated one bit in my opinion.

I see there’s a house tour challenge for Dec. 15…there’s a holiday house tour in shore house town on Dec. 13, so looks like I’ll have new material! And guess what….there will be a tent erected and decked with holly. Fa la la la indeed. :-)

I got this one without even checking the other comments!!!
    1. A Christmas Story
    2. The Family Stone
    3. Stepmom
    4. The Holiday
    5. Home Alone

Oh my, I love that stone house!
    I’ve only seen Home Alone and my kids always watch A Christmas Story and I fall asleep. No idea what it’s about or anything. Just snoozing.

Looks like I agree w/ most everyone…but I think #3 is Stepmom. Can’t say I’ve seen Family Stone all the way through, but I don’t remember it being anyone’s last Christmas…so Stepmom sounds right.

16. Billy says

1. A Christmas Story
    2. ?
    3. The Family Stone
    4. The Holiday
    5. Home Alone

If 2 is “While You….” then I know why I had no idea, it is one of the few movies I couldn’t make it through. For 3 I had to check the trailer. In 4 all the houses were interesting.

What? No Griswold’s home? Great tour. I’ll have to check out the links at Inspired Room. Thanks for letting us know, Julia. Have a great weekend!

Hmm..let’s see if my memory is still good. :0) The first one: The Christmas Story; While You Were Sleeping; The Family Stone or Stepmom?; The Holiday; and Home Alone!

The last is the best,my favorite houses of all the times
    Home Alone,please can we see a house tour?
    Great post!!

20. hookedonhouses says

Mercedes–
    Each day next week, I’ll be posting another house tour from a Christmas movie. On Monday you’ll see House #1, on Tuesday you’ll see House #2, etc.

Some of you guys have guessed right. Some have guessed wrong. Keep guessing! -Julia :-)

21. Ashley says

I knew from the picture! Yikes… that must mean I watch it a little too often. it’s The Holiday. I sure like that movie. =)

I’m so lame; I only knew The Holiday (#3)(because I watched part of it while making the bed on Sunday) and Home Alone (#5) because I absolutely loved that house. I think it was the wallpaper in the master bedroom that got me. I did see The Family Stone but forgot the house.

Hello Julia! thank you so much for your nice comments about my blog. well, i have a secret to tell you, i have truly been a fan of your blog for a while now. i always love visiting your blog and being inspired by your beautiful post. your blog is truly one of my favorites! you have a blessed day! as far as your movie houses, lets see,
    1.a Christmas story
    2.while you were sleeping
    3.step mom
    4.The Holiday
    5.Home Alone

God Bless,
    Charmaine

The Holiday with Cameron Diaz AND JUDE LAW..I WOULD REMEMBER THAT HOUSE ANYWHERE……..BECAUSE IT HAS A COZY KITCHEN, JUST LIKE MINE !!!! ………LOVED THAT MOVIE……..LOVED, LOVED, LOVED IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Christmas story
    5. Home Alone
    Can you tell I only watch kid movies..just kidding

Christmas Stoy
    While You Were Sleeping
    Step Mom
    The Holiday
    Home Alone…1 AND 2!
    I am such a movie AND house junkie. I love to watch movies but love them best whne they feature a lovely home space…I can tell you about the decor from soooo many films. I really am awful about it. : )

This was fun!

27. Sue says

#1 A Christmas Story, #2 While you were sleeping, #3 The Family Stone, #4 The Holiday, #5 Home Alone